IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I’ve seen

We don’t know if the given name is his legal full name, although LE is using it as such

We don’t know the fake name he gave the dairy farm

We don’t know how many other names he may have

We don’t know exactly when he came here
His father in Mexico claims CR came here just after his 17th birthday. The issue is, we don't really know when his 17th birthday is, where he was before 4 years ago when he was hired by the dairy farm. All we know is that 4 years ago the dairy farm hired CR under another name (a name they won't release) and he has been living in that area.

:):):)
That's remnants of sperm. DNA is entirely different beast and as the body decomposes, the DNA is somewhat preserved. Although it may be hard to determine sperm, the DNA from that sperm will still be present. I think that's where the confusion is here.
But, without sperm will there be DNA? Seminal fluid will likely be long gone so I’m not sure if DNA from sperm can linger after the sperm are already broken down by the decomposition or not. I mean, what if there was rape without ejaculation. Would DNA be present to indicate a rape?

I think it is dependent on the condition of the body. If decomposition is on the final stages due to the elements and insect activity, things are likely going to be in a liquified state including sperm. From what online, remnants of sperm can remain in the vagina for up to 2 weeks after death.
Foresnics question – CrimeSpace
So, going by that information, this body being there more than twice that long, it is highly unlikely, but we are hoping some will be found somewhere, if not the body.

But, without sperm will there be DNA? Seminal fluid will likely be long gone so I’m not sure if DNA from sperm can linger after the sperm are already broken down by the decomposition or not. I mean, what if there was rape without ejaculation. Would DNA be present to indicate a rape?
Wasn't there some mention of finding DNA in maggots collected at the murder scene?

He could have left hair, skin cells, even sweat.

My personal feeling is running to the idea that there was no sexual assault (which I acknowledge may simply be hope for the sake of the victim), but if there was I'm confident that the dude left something behind. He almost got away with this because he was lucky, not because he's clever and sophisticated. I doubt he'd have the first clue about effectively covering up a rape.

His father in Mexico claims CR came here just after his 17th birthday. The issue is, we don't really know when his 17th birthday is, where he was before 4 years ago when he was hired by the dairy farm. All we know is that 4 years ago the dairy farm hired CR under another name (a name they won't release) and he has been living in that area.

True, his father actually said “around his 16th birthday”

And we know the father knew he was here illegally, why should we believe him about his age?

It will be very interesting to see the age on his fake documents

Hopefully there is a time stamp on when he mapped it out
I think they could get that kind of information since they have his phone. IMO, if I'm interpreting what is written in the affidavit correctly, he has proved his "blocked memories" argument as bogus.

If he had driven to the cornfield without using a map, and it was during his blackout, than how would he know for sure which route he traveled to show police on his phone? If he mapped it out prior to abduction, that shows not only intent, but the presence of mind to look at his phone map after she was in his trunk, or to drive it by memory, during his blackout. If he mapped it out immediately after putting her in his trunk, that would have been during his blackout time, so therefore how did he remember about it on his phone when talking to police?

The only reasonable defense he could claim is that he must have looked up a route on his phone during his blackout, and found it on his phone at a later date. But would doing such a thing as looking for directions on a phone be something someone in a blackout would do?

Last edited:
Do any of you have Google Timeline enabled on your phone? I use it as kind of a journal. I can go to my Google Timeline, click on any day in the past and it will show me exactly where I traveled. Home, church, work, restaurants, stores, friend's homes....it maps it all out. Times and locations, all on the map. If I take any pictures that day, they show up on my timeline at the time I took them. It is a fantastic tool for me for remembering vacations, etc. Or when hubby and I are talking and a question comes up "When did we go to ___________?" I just pull up my timeline and can figure it out in just a few seconds.

I've wondered if he didn't use something like that?
If he used something like that I’d be interested to see what other kinds of locations popped up on there!

Bringing something up is complaining? I was just pointing out that Mexico protects their citizens. It is a fact, and it is also an admirable fact.
Are we still talking about this? I'm just catching up and I thought I was having a moment of de ja vu. I think we can say that many countries protect their citizens. The US protects it's citizens as well.

“I don’t know what’s going on,” his uncle, Eustaquio “Capi” Bahena Radilla, said in an interview Thursday conducted through an interpreter at his trailer home in Brooklyn. “I don’t know what’s happening because honestly, I know he’s a good person.”

Rivera’s father echoed his comment, saying Thursday that he believed that his son was innocent and calling reports of his confession “pure lies.”

“If he had done what they say he did, he would have come back here [to Mexico],” Eduardo Bahena Radilla, his father, said in a telephone interview from Guayabillo, a small town in Mexico. “But he’s innocent, so he didn’t run and hide.”

I don’t know what’s going on,” his uncle, Eustaquio “Capi” Bahena Radilla, said in an interview Thursday conducted through an interpreter at his trailer home in Brooklyn. “I don’t know what’s happening because honestly, I know he’s a good person.”

Rivera’s father echoed his comment, saying Thursday that he believed that his son was innocent and calling reports of his confession “pure lies.”

“If he had done what they say he did, he would have come back here [to Mexico],” Eduardo Bahena Radilla, his father, said in a telephone interview from Guayabillo, a small town in Mexico. “But he’s innocent, so he didn’t run and hide.”

“He seemed calm,” Bahena said. “I didn’t sense anything was wrong.”

Around his 16th birthday, Rivera left Guayabillo to find work in the United States, his father said.

“There are no jobs here, so he left,” Bahena said, adding that his son crossed the border illegally and was undocumented in the United States.

He settled in Iowa because his uncle was already living there, Bahena said. He found work on a series of milk farms and often sent money back to his parents in Mexico.

Suspect’s relatives say they’re baffled by arrest in Mollie Tibbetts case

He certainly could have mapped things out prior, or he could have done it all without mapping anything. I'd originally wondered about looking for his way home from the cornfield. But after reading what I read in the affidavit about him using his phone to determine the route he'd traveled from Brooklyn, I reconsidered. I think, JMO, that if he used his phone to map anything, it might have been where to go from 385 and 200. Or, as you said, maybe he had that pre-planned out.
So can you save a location you’ve mapped out on your phone, like in Google Maps or something? I had no idea. If that’s the case, that super interesting. I’m sure his phone holds a lot of interesting evidence.

Imo some DNA belonging to him will be found either on Mollie, her clothing or any other items at scene. DNA is fairly hardy stuff and a mere speck can be analyzed these days. From perspiration, saliva, skin as well as semen, something will have been preserved. Jmo

So can you save a location you’ve mapped out on your phone, like in Google Maps or something? I had no idea. If that’s the case, that super interesting. I’m sure his phone holds a lot of interesting evidence.
I think you can bookmark it, or take a snapshot, or even look back in the browser history.

Yes, without sperm there could be DNA. And yes you can have DNA evidence without ejaculation. Sperm on clothing is much easier to detect, even after washing clothing several times it can be detected.
When you're talking about a sexual attack, there is several ways that DNA is transferred and can be found. Fingernails are the first area, fighting the attacker off will cause epithelial cells to be embedded under the nails. Additionally pubic hairs are lost and transferred, without a condom there are epithelial cells left behind from the friction of the assault, the more friction the greater number of cells left behind. This kind of transfer of epithelial cells is called "touch DNA" . Additionally you can have small fissures and abrasions that leave behind blood, sweat, and then there's saliva. Every cell in you body contains your DNA, so think about how many cells are transferred during that kind of contact.

Well they better get un=baffled because he brought them to the body. As I said they will defend him no matter what.

This goes with kpm post, forgot the insert.

Well they better get un=baffled because he brought them to the body. As I said they will defend him no matter what.

This goes with kpm post, forgot the insert.

Curious how his father knows what he would do if he did the crime.....

Yes, without sperm there could be DNA. And yes you can have DNA evidence without ejaculation. Sperm on clothing is much easier to detect, even after washing clothing several times it can be detected.
When you're talking about a sexual attack, there is several ways that DNA is transferred and can be found. Fingernails are the first area, fighting the attacker off will cause epithelial cells to be embedded under the nails. Additionally pubic hairs are lost and transferred, without a condom there are epithelial cells left behind from the friction of the assault, the more friction the greater number of cells left behind. This kind of transfer of epithelial cells is called "touch DNA" . Additionally you can have small fissures and abrasions that leave behind blood, sweat, and then there's saliva. Every cell in you body contains your DNA, so think about how many cells are transferred during that kind of contact.
In that case, I bet the medical examiner will have enough to determine if a sexual assault took place. I’m assuming that info will be released when things like toxicology results come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname