Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that LE won't reveal who, when and where Xavior was "officially" seen on May 27th. Maybe it was from surveillance video? I would think it would provide some clues to a possible location or at least time-frame.
Agreed.
Also, LE have not said if he was seen alone or with a friend/neighbor/relative/ etc. ?

Thanks for this link !
Sad for the friend.
There's a lot to digest in this article.
A fight makes it sound like he maybe took off in a childish fit and is with a friend or hiding, but to leave his bike -- and the fact that LE have not yet said he was a runaway ?
Eventually a child will get hungry/cold/scared and return home.
:(
Imo.
Why wouldn’t his mom report him missing? Was she concerned he’d be in trouble with LE or something? That bit makes me uncomfortable

I also want to add that I will actually be surprised if it has to do with a sex offender. A fight. A mother who refuses to report a child missing the morning after the fight, who is still gone until that night. A beloved bike, left behind... nope!!! I suspect this is much closer to home. I am beyond over our little ones going missing and harmed. They are precious little humans!!!! Treat them, as such.

JUN 2, 2021
Friends describe relationship between Xavior Harrelson and his mother as search for missing boy continues (kcrg.com)
Neighbors said there were weekly “screaming matches” between Xavior Harrelson and his mother, Sarah, in their home. The same home was searched with K9 units along with the entire trailer park on Tuesday.

[...]

Neighbors and family members said Xavior acted as a caretaker for his mother, who is an amputee.

SR, who first reported Xavior missing on Thursday, said the mother has difficulty putting on her prosthetic leg because of another health condition.

[...]

SR said Xavior was very close with his mom and said their relationship was full of love. However, neighbors at the Spruce Village Mobile Home Park said Xavior would sometimes ask neighbors to stay in their homes instead.

KK, who lives next door to the Harrelson’s, said the two would argue often loud enough that they could hear the screaming.

[...]

The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said only Sarah and Xavior lived inside the trailer and there were no guests when he disappeared. The agency clarified on Wednesday one neighbor, not the mother, reported Xavior Harrelson missing.

[...]

JUN 2, 2021
Investigators asking public for any surveillance video as search for Xavior Harrelson continues (kcrg.com)
In a statement posted on Facebook, the sheriff’s office said investigators have already collected all known surveillance video in the Montezuma area, but that they are reaching out to locate any video systems they might not be aware of.

Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office | Facebook
188972949_2375551812588329_3344985376943747982_n.jpg

JUN 2, 2021
FBI Joins Search For Xavior Harrelson, 11-Year-Old Boy From Iowa Missing Since Thursday – CBS Chicago (cbslocal.com)
[...]

Authorities said Xavior was last seen on his bike near his home last Thursday morning, wearing a red shirt, blue pajama pants, and black shoes.

But neighbor KK said she didn’t see him that morning, which was unusual.

“He was always outside, I’d say at least by 9 o’clock, riding his bike or just walking in the area. That’s about the time he’d start playing with my daughter,” she said.

[...]

Where Is 11-Year-Old Xavior Harrelson, Iowa Boy Who Disappeared Before His Birthday? | Inside Edition
NB, a neighbor who lives a few homes away, said it's unlike Xavior to wander from the trailer park. "I've never actually seen him leave the trailer court," he told KCCI. "He usually goes up and down here and cuts off right before that street up here."

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

The FB group that is being referred to is a private group and therefore is off limits for any discussion here at Websleuths.

Many posts have been removed. Private means private. If you join, whatever you may read there, is not allowed to be brought to Websleuths.

Parents and children argue, but I wonder why his mother didn't want to report to police he was missing. Maybe she thought they (the friends she called) could help find him, he would turn up, and she didn't want to risk losing custody?
Maybe she was in denial that it was time to call police.
Just trying to speculate on innocent reasons.
Not involving police quickly goes against recommendations when a child is missing, but a lot of families do search on their own first.

I am concerned about the RSOs, or any not registered, living nearby. If Xavior was outside a lot, maybe he was approached / groomed by someone in the neighborhood. :(

Parents and children argue, but I wonder why his mother didn't want to report to police he was missing. Maybe she thought they (the friends she called) could help find him, he would turn up, and she didn't want to risk losing custody?
Maybe she was in denial that it was time to call police.
Just trying to speculate on innocent reasons.
Not involving police quickly goes against recommendations when a child is missing, but a lot of families do search on their own first.

I am concerned about the RSOs, or any not registered, living nearby. If Xavior was outside a lot, maybe he was approached / groomed by someone in the neighborhood. :(

I agree with this. My 10 year old son has ADHD and ODD and the yelling and language that come out of his mouth at times could be concerning to other people. We try not to, because it’s completely counterproductive for someone with ODD, but sometimes in the heat of the moment I will raise my voice back to him (and no, I’m not proud of this.) It doesn’t happen everyday but I could see a neighbor or two saying they’ve heard arguing with my son a few times before.

The difference is, I would have reported him missing.

The difference is, I would have reported him missing.
snipped

At first, that didn't bother me as I thought perhaps the neighbor was handling a difficult task for a distraught mom. One time at playgroup (years ago), one of the kids wandered off. The mom was essentially useless and the other moms stepped in to search - and I had made my mind up that one minute more, I would be the one to call the cops for help. Just then, one of the moms found the missing girl, not in danger, just had wandered off and found another group of kids to play with. I think her mom simply froze.

I thought that might be the case here, with the mom in shock when Samuel disappeared while riding a bike...but I'm now thinking Samuel might have left the house the night before or during the night.

And, like other have speculated, there might be someone who Samuel knew would take him in, someone maybe grooming him for just such ocassion. Speculation, of course, and subject to change as we learn more.

jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members