ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
They said about an hour. I personally don't think that the first traffic stop resulted in a second for more information... I don't have an opinion as to why there were two stops...If the DNA evidence they had came from blood, then the logical assumption is that he was cut himself and on his hands while stabbing, so it would make sense that they would want a look at his hands...Both Fox and NY Post are reporting the stop was requested by FBI.
Both owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp, not surprising that they share the same info

News Nation is reporting that Kohberger switched the registration information and vehicle license plates on his Hyundai Elantra days after the murders were committed:

Smart (but not smart enough). Especially if someone saw that it was a Pennsylvania license plate, but maybe wasn't able to get the actual number.

IMO, and it's kind of weird to say, but I personally cannot help but feel like he masterminded this and there was someone else at his side when it all happened. I keep reflecting on when he asked, "was anyone else arrested?" and how disturbingly calm he's seen in public. It just feels so weird.

IMO this is nothing like the OJ trial.

The OJ trial was 25 years ago and DNA evidence was a fairly new concept. I feel like jurors today are much more accepting of DNA and, in fact, expect it to be presented at trial. If BK left DNA evidence at the crime scene or they found it at his apartment or in his car, he’s toast. Also, BK is a non-famous white guy not on anyone’s radar for anything - I find it difficult to believe that jurors (even those who do not trust LE) would think that LE would go out of their way to frame him or plant DNA evidence.
I watched the OJ trial from start to finish. In my opinion, the public didn’t want OJ to be guilty, myself included. We wanted some other plausible explanation that did not show OJ as the monster he was. He had an incredible defense team (Barry Scheck fan here), they showed issues with chain of evidence, threw in a lot of science that felt new, a judge that wanted to please the masses, weak prosecutorial moments. I knew OJ did it but darn I felt reasonable doubt. I don’t know if I would have put him away.

We want BK to be guilty. We want the monster that did this put away forever. We don’t know him or “like” him, and we want to stop worrying about a killer on the loose.

Correct. The footage we've seen came from bodycams.

I believe there is video from smartwstches we have not seen.

JMOO
Sometimes weird stuff just invades my brain. Which causes questions. :)

Is an officer on duty allowed to record with their personal smart watch or is that smart watch owned by LE? Does that make a difference? Do officers routinely record evidence on smart watches?

with all the attention given in the media about cuts and bruises on his hands/arms, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being acquitted if there aren’t any.
I find that extremely unlikely. LE has never suggested any type of injury to the attacker. They therefore have no obligation to prove such injuries. Websleuths will not be introduced at trial, so they prosecution will have no obligation to prove an injury. Since it is assumed, although not specifically documented, that a military-type knife was used, if an injury were present, it would likely not be on his dominant hand.

Of course, until information is actually revealed, we have no knowledge of the source of incriminating DNA, and anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's.

I get it, I understand exercise/ something to do, rights- but it kind of feels like a conflict of interest or something to let people in jail bulk up. Aren’t these the last people we want to have gigantic muscles? JMO
Where there is a will there is a way. I have seen prison documentaries showing inmates and the various ways inmates make their own "weights", their beds, their laundry some even used their cellmates.

He should have driven that thing down a boat ramp somewhere. BK not as smart as he thought he was.
I've said it a few times and I still stand by this: I think it would have been unwise for him to try to hide or destroy (fire, push off a cliff, etc.) the vehicle. To me that would have just brought more attention to him because the car would have been discovered and tied back to him. I'm sure he surmised the best thing to do was to hide in plain sight, and that worked for quite awhile. Even one of his neighbors reportedly said, "Oh, yeah, I remember he drove a white Hyundai Elantra, but I didn't think anything of it." See what I mean?!

10 minutes
Ok if there were 10 mins b/t the stops then the first coo definitely saw something fishy OR went back to his car and his gut was like something was off and then he remembered oh they were looking for a white Elantra in Idaho and called his buddy to see if he found them suspicious??? I have NO idea how patrolling works. Then maybe they called it into Moscow abd mosvos was like thx for the tip we are onto him. Or just thx for tip we have already cleared that guy in order to keep anything from leaking out.

I see that reported as 10 minutes now... I believe I also heard it reported as "in less than an hour" can't find it now though
am gonna go check the actual body cam's digital clocks instead of replying on what was in print at that link

ok, done it.
TMZ 15.51 ( 2nd stop)
10.43 ( 1st stop)

Last edited:
@IzzyBlanche
Having a vegan "go to" meal is beneficial in jail and prisons bc it can be served also to religious (Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist) inmates and inmates who have lactose allergies. The vegan meal would be meatless and dairy free and therefore would be kosher, meatless for lent/ash Wednesday/good Friday, pork free, ahimsa.

It encompasses all of those prisoner diet issues. PB & J and a piece of fruit would be an easy one for jails (most sandwich bread is animal and animal milk free but it is easy to double check on the ingredient list).

Last edited:
Ok if there were 10 mins b/t the stops then the first coo definitely saw something fishy OR went back to his car and was like oh they were looking for a white Elantra in Idaho and called his buddy to see if he found them suspicious??? I have NO idea how patrolling works. Then maybe they called it into Moscow abd mosvos was like thx for the tip we are onto him. Or just thx for tip we have already cleared that guy in order to keep anything from leaking out.
I’d imagine if the FBI ordered the stops then the FBI would have almost immediate access to the body cam footage… they may have ordered another stop because the first body cam footage shows the car door for the majority of the time…

Sometimes weird stuff just invades my brain. Which causes questions. :)

Is an officer on duty allowed to record with their personal smart watch or is that smart watch owned by LE? Does that make a difference? Do officers routinely record evidence on smart watches?
Thing is that there is no evidence that he was under surveillance at the time he travelled, Dec 11-13.

I don't see them allowing him to leave the state, if so, notwithstanding a possible delay in receiving DNA results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517