ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the FBI instructed Indiana troopers to look at BK's hands.
Why? Hands are hands...They are not evidence of a crime

Wounds would have healed after 6 weeks

Even if there were wounds, it would not prove anything.
Sure seeing wounds makes one suspicious, but pulling someone over to check for 6 week old wounds?

The quality of the images obtained by the officers was so poor that you can't tell whether he has any wounds on his hands. It just doesn't make sense.

This isn't a case where you see drugs in a vehicle.

Additionally, why would the FBI suggest this? This was Indiana's case.
I'm recalling Fugitive Kaitlin Armstrong being returned from Costa Rica and how she was taken to the hospital for x-rays, etc. but here they suspected she had plastic surgery but superficial wounds on BK more than a month after the murders that would never be admitted as evidence makes no sense to me. Perhaps they were looking for anything they might use for the preliminary hearing! If anything, it gives me concern that the evidence may be less than expected. MOO

ETA: Just listened to Mike King (PE) 1/4/23 episode and he doesn't think the two stops within a 10-mile radius were anything but random traffic stops.

Last edited:
they probably aren't particularly interested in dealing with the aftermath of giving meat to someone who's presumably not eaten it in awhile.

I realize this is merely an anecdote, but years ago I was vegan for five years. Eventually I decided it wasn't working for me. My first non-vegan meal was a delicious piece of grilled salmon. Followed by a turkey sandwich two days later. I was quite concerned about potential GI problems, but there were none.

Geragos said on Banfield the Public defender most likely has the PCA so thats why they issued the gag order. He was only speculating tho
The rub here is that the gag order was written to cover all the case officials until the verdict is delivered. This could be years! IMO, this wasn't the product of just the Magistrate!

Perhaps they were looking for anything they might use for the preliminary hearing! If anything, it gives me concern that the evidence may be less than expected. MOO
Since it was another couple of weeks between that and his actual arrest and during the week after Christmas, FBI agents were actively keeping tabs on him as they built probable cause, I suspect they have more proof than that. MOO

They're not supposed to (Police Academy 101 and 102). BUT, in this case, the officers specifically state that BCK was speeding and, especially tailgating - both things are cause to be pulled over.

That's why only dumb criminals speed and tailgate.
Police officers do a lot they aren't supposed to. Everyone knows that. It may not be illegal, but definitely immoral. And I do back the blue.

I thought I heard Brian Entin say that the jail is going to try to accommodate BK's vegan diet. Can anyone else confirm?

If so, that makes me livid.
News Nation's Ashley Bancroft mentioned in the video posted earlier that in PA jail BK got P&J sandwiches, rice and beans and potatoes. Sounds pretty no-frills ordinary to me.

I realize this is merely an anecdote, but years ago I was vegan for five years. Eventually I decided it wasn't working for me. My first non-vegan meal was a delicious piece of grilled salmon. Followed by a turkey sandwich two days later. I was quite concerned about potential GI problems, but there were none.
I had the same experience! I was a vegetarian for 15 years and decided to start eating meat again. I started with salmon as well. I had thought about it for years but was so afraid I would get sick. Nothing. Lol. Haven’t looked back since

Convicted prisoners should IMO be kept from society for the duration of their sentence, sure. And in some cases maybe the prison time should be punitive as well. But they shouldn't IMO lose all shards of their humanity, such as being able to say they don't want to eat meat/animal products or want to adhere to religious rules about food.

I know it's harder to think this when considering a particularly brutal crime such as BK's, but I'm thinking of all convicted prisoners in general.

But in any case when you consider prisoners awaiting trial, who are not yet convicted, and are technically, legally "innocent until proven guilty", no question in my mind they should be given latitude about food choices.

Obviously they can't insist on all options, no religion requiring steak and lobster, no alcohol, etc, but a basic choice to be vegan or vegetarian or kosher or halal, yes I believe they should retain that right.

Prisoners are in prison, but they are still human beings deserving of some basic respect, otherwise the system is as cruel as the worst crime.

MOO

Damn it, I did a timeline after all. Please update and add/subtract as needed per your discretion, if you want so we can change as they case develops. Sources below but most is condensed from ABC.

Moscow Murders: Timeline

August, 21st 1140 pm
-Alleged KILLER Bryan Kohberger was pulled over by cops 1.5 miles away from the murder house a couple months before the killings

Saturday, Nov. 12 On the night of Saturday, Nov. 12, Goncalves and Mogen used a private party for a ride home, getting back at 1:45 a.m., police said. Meanwhile, Chapin and Kernodle arrived to the home at about 1:45 a.m. Two survivng roommates returned home by 1 a.m.

Sunday, Nov. 13 It's believed the four students were killed in the house between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. on Nov. 13.. A dog was also at the home, according to law enforcement. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call from one of the roommate's phones requested help for an unconscious person, police said. Police also said they don't believe the man Goncalves and Mogen tried to contact numerous times on Nov. 13 is involved.

Thursday, Nov. 17 Autopsies determined all victims were stabbed multiple times, police said. The four students were probably asleep when attacked and some had defensive wounds, police said. There's no sign of sexual assault, police added.

Friday, Nov. 18 Idaho killings suspect Bryan Kohberger got a new license plate for his Hyundai Elantra five days after the murders, records show. He changed from PA to WA.

Wednesday, Dec. 7 Police said they're looking to speak with the driver of a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra that was seen "in the immediate area" of the victims' house early on Nov. 13.

Thursday, Dec. 14 Kohberger and father leave Idaho to depart to Pennsylvania (date unverified)

Friday, Dec. 15 Kohberger and his father were stopped twice on Dec. 15 while driving east of Indianapolis, both times with the younger Kohberger in the driver's seat. They were first stopped by the Hancock County Sheriff's Office for speeding and then nine minutes later by the Indiana State Police for following another vehicle too closely, according to officials.“After Kohberger's arrest, the sheriff's department and state police said there was no information at the time on the suspect in the Idaho crimes or specific information on the white Hyundai Elantra. The state police added: "The Trooper, having learned the two had been stopped minutes before by a Deputy from the Hancock County Sheriff’s Department, who he knew was working just down the interstate from him, used his discretion and released the two men with a verbal warning." Later on Jan 3rd– A Federal Bureau of Investigation surveillance team tracked Idaho quadruple murder suspect Bryan Kohberger and his father on a cross-country road trip from Washington State to Pennsylvania and asked Indiana police to pull him over, a law enforcement source told Fox News. The law enforcement source told Fox News that the FBI surveillance team was seeking video images of Kohberger as well as his hands.

Friday, Dec. 30 Bryan Kohberger, was arrested in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains in the early hours of Dec. 30. Windows and doors were broken during the SWAT team forced entrance. Police state they have DNA evidence.

Tuesday, Jan. 3 Kohberger, agreed to be extradited to Idaho during his Jan. 3 court appearance in Monroe County, Pennsylvania. LaBar said in a statement his client "is eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible."

Tuesday, Jan. 3 Kohberger departs Pennsylvania with FBI (per FBI request), not US marshals for transport back to Latah County.

Sources

Idaho murders: FBI directed Indiana police to pull over Bryan Kohberger, seeking video images of his hands
Idaho college murders: Timeline of events
Bryan Kohberger switched license plates after Idaho murders
Police reveal DNA led investigators to suspect in Idaho student murders
I thought he left the PA jail at like 6 am today, Jan 4 ?

First-time poster so forgive me for any goof-ups but as an Idaho native, I just wanted to say what a relief it has been to see him get off that plane. The case has haunted me since it happened, and I'd be lying if I wasn't extra vigilant about locking my doors at night since. It was quite interesting to watch him fly here in real time, I wanted to thank the poster who linked that site but I'm not sure how to link to a post, so thank you! I'm so happy he isn't going to get away with this, that he's going to have to face the music, but just so heartbroken for the victims and their families. None of this should have ever happened. I found myself thinking of them often throughout the holidays, how they should have been spending time with their families, eating turkey, laughing.. Words will never be able to describe how evil and pointless and abhorrent and tragic this was.
MOO!

"Another inmate came through that inmate intake area and yelled at [Bryan]. He gave [Bryan] the finger and said, 'I am going to kill you.' No response from Bryan." (Last 30 second of video).
The murders were vicious in ways that disturb even hardened criminals. I wouldn't be surprised if the suspect has to be kept in protective custody for his safety.

x2, I've seen "boxing gym" and heard kickboxing mentioned, hopefully we'll find out.
Yeah, at least it came from an actual named source. That's refreshing.

Nick Mcloughlin, 26, who was friends with Kohberger in high school and vocational school, described Kohberger as “down to earth” and overweight when they graduated junior year. But at the start of senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and turned “aggressive,” he said. He’d also picked up a new hobby: taking boxing classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1