ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Dec. 15, around 10:40 a.m. EST, a Deputy with the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office pulled over a white Hyundai Elantra on I-70 in Indiana. Officials said the Hyundai was pulled over just east of the rest park near the 107 mile marker.

Only a few minutes after being let go by the Deputy, Kohberger was pulled over again around 10:50 a.m. on I-70, this time by an Indiana State Trooper, in an exchange that was also captured by a body camera. Officials said Kohberger was once again following a vehicle too closely.

Honestly, I don't care about the alleged cuts and scratches on his body--- if those are there, that will come out at trial. So many rumors, so much extraneous stuff out there- I just have to scroll thru it here and on all of social media.
Even if they’re not there, it’ll come up at trial…I’m not a defense attorney but I would certainly focus on it, especially with all the attention on it in recent days and the nature of the crime. Enough to create reasonable doubt in light of other evidence? Who knows.
But I’m with you, I’ve also been scrolling on a lot, but hopefully we’ll have some real information soon.

Wrong. Indiana LE denies knowing about Bryan or his car.
The state police added: "At the time of this stop, there was no information available on a suspect for the crime in Idaho, to include identifying information or any specific information related to the license plate state or number of the white Hyundai Elantra which was being reported in the media to have been seen in or around where the crime occurred."

The Hancock County Sheriff's Office said it stopped Kohberger just nine minutes before the Indiana State Police. The father and son were pulled over at that time for speeding, according to LaBar. The sheriff's department also said there was no information at the time on the suspect in the Idaho crimes or specific information on the white Hyundai Elantra.

....The Fox article stated that the FBI did not say why they wanted the car stopped and that they were tracking it. My read is that the two articles don't necessarily exclude the other... we will find out I am sure and I am sure that there is a lot of information out there that will be corrected eventually. This article in one place mentions "minutes" and also "about an hour"

<modsnip: quoted post removed>

Yes but watch closely to the officers wrist "watch" that I believe has a camera in it. But of course I'm also one of the ones on board with the traffic stops being more of a look-and-see type stop. While I'm at it. I also think BCK needs a xray of his hands to rule out anything that could be lodged inside or to just make sure he's healing nicely.
I think his attorney would advise BK to forego an x-ray at this time, and I am sure BK would refuse it if LE/jail staff recommended it. I don't think you can force prisoners to have medical care if they refuse it.

F
It was 1.5 miles from the house i think so not that close but on a Sunday around midnight

Has it been confirmed that Xana and Maddie worked at a vegan restaurant or is that a rumor?
It’s not even a rumor it’s just false. They worked at Mad Greek which is not a vegan restaurant. It happens to have like two menu items that are vegan, like many restaurants do.

I definitely get the impression the family is close and supportive of him... Dad driving across country, I believe it was mentioned that his entire family was in court for his PA appearance. It has to be heartbreaking, and it is interesting that so many of his family members are involved in Psychology of some sort... Did they see red flags? I am not suggesting they thought he could be a murderer, but they had to know he was socially awkward, didn't have a lot of friends, etc.. He may have really leaned into his family for what he wasn't getting elsewhere...just thoughts..
I am hoping the family has some kind of support system. As things progress and information comes out I fear they will need it. JMO

Okay just a little clarification on my jail food post.

I can understand accommodating jail food because of religious or allergy reasons. I'm fine with that. Those are necessities.

But if your food choices are not such a necessity but a choice, then I don't think the jail is obligated to go out of their way to accommodate you.
At the risk of adding to what may turn out to be a 2 thread long discussion of prison food (LOL), I agree. Religious or allergy reasons are fine with me as well. If someone wants to be vegan, or gluten free because it's trendy, then they should keep themselves out of jail.

F

It’s not even a rumor it’s just false. They worked at Mad Greek which is not a vegan restaurant. It happens to have like two menu items that are vegan, like many restaurants do.

If he turns it into some kind of a religious belief, they are required to accommodate him regardless of state.
I believe that this is correct.

But, the Courts seem to have taken a narrow road regarding accomadation as it must be reasonable.

For example, accomodation means providing say, Kosher meals. The jail, however, does not need to provide hot Kosher meals which require exacting storage and preparation procedures if the number of inmates requesting Kosher meals does not warrant such a set up.

Likewise, the request for say, Kosher meals must be based on sincere practice. The Courts have allowed an inmate to be cut off from Kosher meals after he was seen buying and eating non Kosher snacks.

I dont know how one would regain "sincerity status" after being caught going non Kosher, but the Courts seem to imply that its at the discretion of the jail as to when that happens.

I currently have a monster cut on my leg, walked into something on Christmas morning. So I am on 11 days, and it is still angry, scabbed, and needs to be covered with a big band aid. I am already thinking about how I will need sunblock on the area come summertime because the area will be fresh skin. I don’t anticipate it being healed for weeks at the earliest. So yes, I believe wounds could still be visible.
Oven burn on wrist from Christmas, so yes it’ll be a few more weeks to heal.

On Dec. 15, around 10:40 a.m. EST, a Deputy with the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office pulled over a white Hyundai Elantra on I-70 in Indiana. Officials said the Hyundai was pulled over just east of the rest park near the 107 mile marker.

Only a few minutes after being let go by the Deputy, Kohberger was pulled over again around 10:50 a.m. on I-70, this time by an Indiana State Trooper, in an exchange that was also captured by a body camera. Officials said Kohberger was once again following a vehicle too closely.

thank you

what do you make of the timestamps on the body cams? eg No 2 stop, from the TMZ link Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 15.26.22.png

Wrong. Indiana LE denies knowing about Bryan or his car.
If you read it closely “there was no information available” you COULD take it to mean that Indiana law enforcement as a whole were not given a general alert/ a BOLO. He doesn’t necessarily say he wasn’t told to stop him. I think the second officer was random (the one that was more chummy and got mostly footage of the car) and the first officer was assigned (the one who was a little more assertive and annoyed sounding and got footage of the passengers). JMO

F

To be fair, if you type into Google ‘vegan moscow idaho’ Mad Greek is the first restaurant to appear however I have no idea how the recent interest in this restaurant may have influenced google algorithm.

I was thinking clothing or maybe he dropped something and didn't notice or had to get out and couldn't go back to get it. I think he likely wore protective gear so I don't think it was blood. MOO.
This is what I’m starting to think as well. He dropped something or clothing

Got a question folks. Check out this vid of the vigil for the four victims. If it doesn't start at the mark, go to 7:19 in the video. Look at LH corner, between the girl with the bright blue coat, and the bald man. Does that fella walking across the screen, look familiar?

KTVB Channel 7 "University of Idaho candlelight vigil remembers 4 students killed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname