ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on, I'd say.
So, let's throw two more things in. There was a noise in KG's home and the sheath is found in MM's room. You wouldn't kill two people with a knife on the second floor, "holster" your knife, go upstairs and "unholster" it to kill the folks on the second floor. The second thing is that the first noise is from someone with the dog in KG's home. I think the target is becoming more clear for me

I agree. I noted earlier, if the perp was the one to say something specific to X such as "it's OK, I'm going to help you" or something along those lines (the PCA is not certain on this point) then perhaps he "knew"/recognised her.

I would think more than because he knew her (esp as he did not use her name or say ‘it’s me XYZ’) he wanted to give her a false sense of security and delay her screaming, if she was whimpering then I assume shock and survival mode kicking in - ie if I don’t scream/panic he might just mean it and let me go?

I've always thought they didn't lock the door after the DD delivery, and BK was able to slip in right after X grabs the food, past her and up the stairs without X or E seeing.
This has probably already been asked and cleared, but this IS going at 1,000 MPH.
Do they know who the Door Dash delivery person was and has that person been cleared? We can assume it was not BK?

The only weird thing I noticed after reading the affidavit is that DM didn't call the cops after meeting a black dressed and hooded intruder after 4 AM. It's not normal despite it's a party house. She was frozen in terror, manage to lock the door but fail to alert LE. Only the motive for the murders is more mysterious than this.
I did not see anything about a hood. what kind of hood was he wearing?

And it will be a thrill for him to challenge the prosecution’s evidence, to try to outsmart them.

The only chance I envision for a guilty plea is if he becomes terrified of the death penalty. Or if his parents fear the DP and convince him to plead G. But even if convicted and given the DP, there may (will) be innocence project types to take his case and provide him with attention for years, probably decades.

Geragos was semi-hysterical at the “presumption of guilt” he sensed from Cuomo and his panelists on Newsnation last night. I can see it coming…defenders of this guy regardless of the evidence. Granted, our legal system presumes his innocence for trial purposes, putting burden of proof on prosecutors. But when faced with evidence, it blows my mind how some defend an alleged criminal to the nth degree by poking holes and inserting outrageous alternatives to attempt reasonable doubt. I particularly hate victim smearing.

Don't @ me. JMO.
I just looked this up (Geragos on Cuomo). Wow! He was very heated and emotional.

I understand his point and POV but certainly (hopefully) there is more damning evidence than what is presented in affidavit.

He'll plead not guilty. He'll have a public defender. He's got nothing but time on his hands now. Going to court is time not spent in his cell. There's also a chance that a jury could find him not guilty. We've all seen that happen before.
From criminal attorneys that I have seen give there two cents on this they have all said this case (as of what the public knows at this time) is not a slam dunk. It is very circumstantial with many holes. They don't have an eye witness, the DNA on the sheath doesn't prove HE was there, just that he may of touched at some point, could have been stolen. The Elantra was originally said to be 2011-2013 only changed when they linked a 2015 to KCB. Moscow doesn't not have very many cell towers and a good attorney and team can argue the accuracy very easily. So his cell was off during the murders, they will argue that with his background he would of also known to it it off during the alleged stalking drive by's. Again this is based on (as of what the public knows at this time)

Even if LE knows KCB did it, that doesnt matter...what matter is what they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Taylor is brilliant and all she needs is one person out of 12 to plant that reasonable doubt with...just one
I don't think this lady lets others to push her around :)

I have a feeling it will be she to intimidate him.
Totally agree...IMO, all of the "pretty blonde" and the "he must hate having a female attorney" etc do not hold water from my thinking. MOO
I don't think he feels that way at all, I think with this ladies stellar track record and professionalism I personally think he is happy and has restored some of his faith in a possible non guilty verdict.
He may plead guilty if they take the death penalty off the table . Whether as a condition of this plea he has to come clean as to motive and specific acts i don't know. Usually prosecutors will ask family of victim if they would be on board
with any plea.
I have read several people on here say if they were the family they would want the details from the murder and the reason, all of this would have to come from the killer thru a plea deal taking the death penalty off the table.
How many here (if this were your children) would sign off for that sort of a deal between the killer and the prosecutor? I wonder if the parents of the victims would come to this agreement?

Last edited:
Each snap has two parts: a female and a male component (source: I sew). I assume the writer didn't realize that and caused this confusion.
I have not kept up so this may be superfluous information but this link shows a similar knife and sheath with the snap plainly visible. I believe LE are referring to the snap to unholster the knife.

But the front door is on Kings Road and the car is last seen at the back of the house on Queens Road
The front door is on Queens and maybe the Cul de Sac is on Kings. (I think at one time the Cul de Sac looped around) So, now King is some remnant or even a remnant name. Nevertheless, DD would probably know this.

I think it's on a flight path, is it not?
Possibly a training exercise but if it actually was LE could have been searching for fresh earth movement or mounds where he might have buried evidence?
Just my first thoughts..
What could they see in the dark though?

But the front door is on Kings Road and the car is last seen at the back of the house on Queens Road

Sorta

I see the front door as where the vehicles are, that rd is Queen, while King rd appears to dead end.

Its odd.

Jmo

or stolen
Agreed, a possible source of the knife is theft. People who are using heroin, as he did at one point, often fund habit with petty burglary. Where that knife was obtained could come up at any point between now or trial, or never be known.

Right. As disturbing as this sounds, maybe the "I am going to help you" was to put her out of her misery from the pain he had already inflicted. I just feel so terrible for everyone..victims, survivors, parents, even BK's parents. I can't wrap my head around something so horrific.
Those words can sound disturbing and would be horrific, I agree. However, the PCA/DM's witness statement is not 100% clear on what was said, when exactly, by whom, to whom, nor provides any intention behind the statement and what the intonation of the statement was. It could be used as you describe, of course.

For example: He may have been attacking MM in her room. KG hears, and enters the room or confronts him in the hallway (since DM hears commotion upstairs in the room directly above her it could be that she was hearing KG). The perp attacks KG and places her onto the same bed as MM. I just do not believe that it is necessarily is the case that MM and KG were sharing a bed, is all. All MOO and speculation.
A plausible version is that the first sound DM hears is KG going to MM's room (dog sound) and that BK is already in there. KG could have even closed the door to her own room behind her instinctually if she did not think what was happening in MM's room was that bad. It's not implausible, just a tight timeline. Them doozing off in bed together feels on-brand after all those calls to JD feels way more probable

If they were the only people living in that area, sure. But that is relatively dense area.
To follow that up, I was just at the wetlands here. There is a great blue heron that always goes to this same spot in the area and stalks. He stood still on a rock in the middle of the water, like a statue. While I was watching him, he dipped his beak down and pulled out a surprisingly large fish. That moment, that fish was his "target". But any fish that swam by would have been had.

The only weird thing I noticed after reading the affidavit is that DM didn't call the cops after meeting a black dressed and hooded intruder after 4 AM. It's not normal despite it's a party house. She was frozen in terror, manage to lock the door but fail to alert LE. Only the motive for the murders is more mysterious than this.
The brain does whatever it needs to do to protect the entire organism in the midst of trauma. The reason we don't know how we would personally react in any given situation is because we aren't in charge of that protective mechanism in our brain.
I'm glad DM was able to stay quiet, withdraw back into the room, and quietly shut the door. It probably meant her life. But her traumatized self wasn't watching a clock, it was just surviving the night. So, from the perspective of psychology, I don't think it's mysterious at all.
MOO

For those wondering what BK could have been doing leading right up to entering the house, keep in mind that there was a police presence not too far away from 1122 minutes prior to the murders.

In fact somewhere there is a clip of the police bodycam footage where you can see people jogging away and some young men being questioned about alcohol and identification.

Noting that there was also an interview somewhere with a young man who stated he used to go jogging with BK. FWIW.

I will have to search for links to back up my post!

I'm really curious if the same cameras that captured BK on the morning of the murders, also captured him on his former late-night trips to Moscow. Did he do trial runs? Did he watch any YouTubes on combat fighting with a knife, etc? Did he order swat gear to go along with his KBar? Or did he seriously just wing it?

My feeling is this was a kind of tactical exercise to him, and I doubt he had any one target. It was challenging himself to go undetected. I might feel differently tomorrow...
I kind of feel the same about not having a specific target. I think this house stood out to him as being watchable and having those big sliders and that's why he ultimately chose it.

I would think more than because he knew her (esp as he did not use her name or say ‘it’s me XYZ’) he wanted to give her a false sense of security and delay her screaming, if she was whimpering then I assume shock and survival mode kicking in - ie if I don’t scream/panic he might just mean it and let me go?
It is hard to say. We know nothing in the PCA about X's awareness at that time in the attack, for example. The PCA suggests that X (or E) was crying, but also states that DM "heard what she thought was crying" coming from X's room. Therefore X (or E) may not have been crying, if you look at the language of the PCA. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror