ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
SG: there was a "hell of a battle on the second floor". Per what he said the coroner told him.
And Xana’s father said she was a tough girl. I get so angry when I think about all the victims. Not only the deceased, but the survivors had their futures stolen as well. I’m thinking it may not have even been personal, I.e. no prior contact. But idk. Just a thought.

If BK did this, I find it hard to believe this would be his first time. i believe this was done by someone who has had some practice. I am curious if there are any people looking into crimes committed in other areas where he had lived before to compare links between crimes. Does anyone have info about exploring possible connections to other crimes at other locations he lived at?
Yes, this article talk about that.

Can anyone confirm that BK's DNA was matched through a cheek swab, as someone posted at the last of the previous thread?

I hadn't heard that. I thought it was through his father's DNA left in garbage that the FBI retrieved, but could be wrong.
I would think the father's DNA from the trash was done for the familial DNA match for the affidavit of probable cause, but a cheek swab done once BK was in custody would be done to nail the exact DNA match, and will be the one used in court, IMO

Important evidence...Wonder where Nancy got her info and how reliable it is
This confuses me. How is that breaking news?

They stated in the PCA that they found important DNA evidence in the trash - his dad's DNA which 99.9998% of the male population would be expected to be excluded from the possibility of being the suspect's biological father.

What would really have been significant would be if the victims' DNA was found in items recovered from the trash. That would be news.

I though the girls might think it is too harsh to call their beloved friends dead. They, at the moment, mentally refuse to accept the fact that their friends are gone, therefore used "unconscious person".
I can see that. I was posting in response to an earlier post I made and didn't include the link. I'm on my cantankerous phone and couldn't find my post to edit.

Old, old news

How can it be *that* old when he just arrived on...what, January 5?

These threads make everything seem "old," but in fact, there are no up to date timelines posted here (yet), and this has been a really fast-moving case.

I am here *a lot* and I hadn't seen it (not sure what I think of it yet - there are tons of articles to read, but this is hardly stale news). I hadn't heard that employees inside the jail were speaking out at all.

When did you first hear that?

If LE can not find the knife, they may able to find when he bought it? If it is not received as a gift from his relative(s). But credit card history go back to 5 years only? Or he bought it form a local guy. The manufacture may able to identify the model and year of this sheath. And he said he likes to shop there, LE may able to find what he bought. I don't think this (6month 12 times) is as important where he was in that Nov 13 night. Also the LE knew so many details like 3 point turn, are they get that info from street camera? I never thought there are so many cameras in a small town random street. Maybe LE can find shoe info though show print?

They won't need to discuss that part at trial and it might even confuse some people in MSM and on the jury. I mean, they could, but they might not.

They now have the guy who matches the DNA on the very knife sheath left near a victim of a knife murder by a particular knife.

I agree with you - but how do you know this didn't happen? Source?

There's never been affirmation or denial of whether LE approached BK at any point in time after the murders. Do you know for a fact that he wasn't turned in by tip, say, and then contacted? And then refused to cooperate?
No, actually, I do not know as fact that BK wasn’t questioned in WA/ID. It would be awesome if that happened. He may have been submitted via a tip, but I assumed no questioning by LE occurred.

And Xana’s father said she was a tough girl. I get so angry when I think about all the victims. Not only the deceased, but the survivors had their futures stolen as well. I’m thinking it may not have even been personal, I.e. no prior contact. But idk. Just a thought.
I think it was very personal against one of the girls. But I can't imagine stalking (imo) as he did for so many trips near the house, how could a grown man be so infuriated by a rejection? Especially if there never had been a relationship except maybe in his own mind. I'm lost on how this could fester in someone way beyond his teens.

He didn't leave any living witnesses at the Oteros
You’re right. I should have been more clear. The other children were at school. They had to find the bodies. That is what I was suggesting as a possibility in BK’s case. If he wants to watch it all unfold, then maybe he thought leaving the other two roommates would speed up the discovery. This could also be why he returned around 9am. All moo

This confuses me. How is that breaking news?

They stated in the PCA that they found important DNA evidence in the trash - his dad's DNA which 99.9998% of the male population would be expected to be excluded from the possibility of being the suspect's biological father.

What would really have been significant would be if the victims' DNA was found in items recovered from the trash. That would be news.
You are correct! Nothing new here!

I thought about this too and we may never know, but this is my pure speculation. I agree with 1-3. After that, I think X may have heard something upstairs but she wasn't sure what it was. We know both M and K had boyfriends. We know they were very social, they went out to bars that night, they were chatting at the food truck.

Maybe X heard something upstairs but first thought it could just be a friend or a late-night visitor for M or K. X heads back into her room and that's when she says "there's a man here" to E (or just outloud). BK coming down the stairs hears X moving around and walks down the hall to their bedroom where he encounters X - either in the door frame or in the room.

I don't think X/E was BK's target so it is quick and then he turns to leave.

The one thing that I am confused about is if DM heard crying from X's room as she saw BK leaving. As in, BK left while X was still crying. Makes your stomach turn thinking about how unnecessary and cruel it all is. Just pointless evil.
I don't think that's when she heard the crying when he was leaving.

If I understand correctly, she had 3 'experiences' - the first was when she heard someone say there was someone there. Then she heard the whimpering and the males voice around the same time, and then the third time when she opened the door she saw him.

Maybe someone who read the affidavit more closely can clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn