ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can it be *that* old when he just arrived on...what, January 5?

These threads make everything seem "old," but in fact, there are no up to date timelines posted here (yet), and this has been a really fast-moving case.

I am here *a lot* and I hadn't seen it (not sure what I think of it yet - there are tons of articles to read, but this is hardly stale news). I hadn't heard that employees inside the jail were speaking out at all.

When did you first hear that?
Stepping in to say, I read this yesterday. Another prisoner gave a long harangue (imo) about BK yelling and exposing himself and lifting his shirt and cursing. Later yesterday, I read an article quoting a guard who said none of that was true and he was well-behaved. IIRC, both articles were in The Daily Mail, so. . .

An irrelative question. I jump back into websleuth again after taking a break for 4 years. I read the news LE broke windows and doors to arrest BK. But do they really just that dramatic? I though the dramatic scene we see in movies are for visual effects only. Can they just knock the door and ask him to step out (with guns pointing at the doors). Who will pay the fees to fix the damages?
Why should he be afforded this privilege?

Would you send coworkers and people you care about to the house of a likely quadruple murder suspects home and ask them to knock and ask politely? He brutally murdered 4 innocent souls.

The reason they do the shock and awe and surprise is because police officers have been killed by things like shotguns blasts through the door. By people who are accused of far less than this guy.

He’s lucky they didn’t blow the walls off the house.

An irrelative question. I jump back into websleuth again after taking a break for 4 years. I read the news LE broke windows and doors to arrest BK. But do they really just that dramatic? I though the dramatic scene we see in movies are for visual effects only. Can they just knock the door and ask him to step out (with guns pointing at the doors). Who will pay the fees to fix the damages?
I believe going under the cover of darkness allows for LE to enter the house from all sides and to shock and awe and not give the residents time to reach for weapons. This probably keeps the officers safe.

I didn’t realize that Ethan was such a large guy. He could of over powered BCK so he was probably in bed.formerly he worked at a tulip farm and the farm is going to have a special tulip (yellow and white) in his honor
That is very sweet. I’m glad they are doing that for him. ♥️
What is a Baez Light?
It’s like Jose Baez, but way less effectual.

I again saw the suggestion that the intent of BK was rape. The knife that he brought has a blood groove, IMO one function of this is so that the knife can be extracted with less suction & can be reinserted quickly (it also makes it lighter). There are many places where you can find knife owners discussing and debating the function and benefits of a blood groove. IMO he came there to kill.

As far as using the sheath on his belt, opening his belt & having the sheath fall off...He would have used the leather belt loop to secure it to his belt behind the first, or even second, cloth loop on his pants. Additionally, the sheath and knife would have been unwieldy. I am not going to assume that he actually ever had it attached to his pants. I think he probably wore a bunny suit or coveralls on top of his clothing, or even a very large hoodie with a front pocket.

I do think that he may use "intent to rape" as a way to avoid admitting to entering that house with the intent to murder. IMO he was adept at stalking this group, he probably had many better opportunities to be alone with his intended victim, if rape and rape only, were the goal.
I used to think coverall, but D said dressed all in black... are there black coveralls? I have only seen tyvek white ones. IMO.

SG: there was a "hell of a battle on the second floor". Per what he said the coroner told him.
But if the battle was in the living room/kitchen area, i feel like the surviving roommate would have heard it??? This is why I'm wondering if the chronology was that BK was upstairs killing Kaylee and Maddie, Xana was still awake and heard something, and was in the living room area while BK was coming downstairs - BK then threatens Xana with the knife telling her to keep quiet and ushers her back towards her bedroom - this would explain the why the roommate didn't hear a big battle basically outside her bedroom and why Xana and Ethan ended up being killed in Xana's bedroom.

I think the part that is a bit confusing right now is how BK ended up in Xana's room killing her and Ethan. When you look at the online 'tour' of the house, her bedroom is out of the way and there is not a easy exit without circling back through the 2nd floor like BK ended up doing.

If you remove Xana from the equation for a minute, the easiest thing for him to do is, having just killed two people, come downstairs and immediately exit through the kitchen. But that's obviously not what happened. The other thing to keep in mind is he didn't kill Xana in the kitchen or the living room - which would have have been the straightforward move if she'd confronted him at the bottom of the stairs.

Obviously there is a still a lot of missing evidence (was far as we're concerned) - and this is the part i'm interested to learn about.

Edited to add - how are we thinking he entered - through the sliding doors?

Anyone else notice the 3 week gap in the PCA? I wonder what they’ve managed to find in that time where they were digging into his past and likely sending warrants and requests to everything from his power company, to his email provider, to the gym he went to.

They break windows and doors to shock the people inside and come at them from every direction they can

Could a hack saw cut into that type of carbon steel? Ie the K bar.

I just want to highlight that the PCA states on page 6: “Suspect Vehicle I is next seen departing the area oftle King Road Residence at approximately 4:20 a.m. at a high rate of speed. Suspect Vehicle I is next observed traveling southbound on Walenta Drive.”

Everyone is quoting 4:20am as an absolute, but the word “approximately” qualifies that time. You can’t accurately count minutes when the word approximately is used. At least, not yet. IMO.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54'
ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

I suspect evidence is buried (maybe some burned, but that would attract more attention) somewhere in the wilderness of ID/WA south of the Moscow-Pullman area. JMO and speculation based on his November 13/14 cell pings and dead periods.
this guy somehow does not strike me as some one with a shovel unless he bought one in Albertson's.... what was the temp in ID Nov 12-13? (ground frozen or still soft?) looks fairly cold except at noon....

Last edited:
I would suggest that, to help her, she was likely asked a series of questions to develop a picture. Short? Fat? Tall? Thin? Athletic? Muscular? Facial features? That sort of thing. So the report could put what she answered to those questions rather than a direct quote. MOO.

Also, just a note to say how proud I am of DM. I have kids this age. I also professionally work with a lot of trauma. When your brain goes to fight, flight, or freeze, you don't get a choice. It is an automatic response to a life threatening situation. Many people can't even recite their address to 911 in that state. The PCA said basically that she was frozen in shock (not exact) when she saw him. Her mind likely went to survival mode and whatever she did worked. Because of her actions, she survived and was able to give a description that changed everything. I don't know what else she did at the moment or for the hours after, but whatever she did was right and she has now stood for her dear friends in helping identify their killer. She had no real opportunity to save them given the circumstances but, because of her, I believe there will be justice. You cannot ever fairly second guess someone who has experienced such a life threatening situation and lives to stand for those who did not. God bless her.
God bless you for your excellent perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayana2cool4school