ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's not normal about this whole scenario is a 28-year-old stalking their house, parking outside, and breaking in to kill four young college students in the prime of their life, enjoying being young and settling down after a fun night out at bars, and/or parties. The housemate's behavior doesn't seem very weird to me at al
Mic drop

What's not normal about this whole scenario is a 28-year-old stalking their house, parking outside, and breaking in to kill four young college students in the prime of their life, enjoying being young and settling down after a fun night out at bars, and/or parties. The housemate's behavior doesn't seem very weird to me at all.
I was trying to determine if it was a normal thing because I was wondering if someone other than X might have ordered the food. I was not attacking the behavior of ordering food. JMO

So we really don’t know if he targeted the house for one of the victims or the house itself (easy to get into from sliding door, lots of coming/goings, parties). I go back and forth depending on what I read.

But, if he just wanted to kill and/or rape someone, why would he go into a house with 6 occupants? Wouldn’t it be easier to find a young woman who lived by herself or with a roommate in an apartment? Going into a house with 6 roommates is just insane.

Can anyone confirm that BK's DNA was matched through a cheek swab, as someone posted at the last of the previous thread?

I hadn't heard that. I thought it was through his father's DNA left in garbage that the FBI retrieved, but could be wrong.
Matched with the Father’s DNA first.

At his arrest in PA LE served him with 3 search warrants:
The 2015 Elantra
The Parent’s home
BK’s person ( DNA and photos)

Capt. Anthony Dahlinger, of the Moscow Police Department in Idaho, told The Associated Press on Saturday that authorities believe Kohberger was responsible for all four slayings at a rental home near campus.

“We believe we’ve got our man,” said Dahlinger, adding that investigators obtained samples of Kohberger’s DNA directly from him after he was arrested.

I'm pretty sure they got DNA directly from BK after his arrest. They need a warrant to swab for DNA. They do this with all DNA that was not obtained with a warrant.

Many arrest warrants contain an order for toxicology and DNA.

Just saying. I doubt the LE involved are well aware. Besides which, of course, he did have to eat and drink. I don't know how he can do that without leaving DNA on property that's. not his and is open to examination by his jailors.

Jail is not exactly full of liberty. Which, btw, should be compared to the presumption of innocence. While BK is legally innocent, he is no longer a free person and the courts have carefully overseen and will continue to oversee that process - he gets another hearing now that his attorneys have had a chance to review evidence. But he doesn't go free or get to bring his own utensils to jail.

Can anyone confirm that BK's DNA was matched through a cheek swab, as someone posted at the last of the previous thread?

I hadn't heard that. I thought it was through his father's DNA left in garbage that the FBI retrieved, but could be wrong.
IIRC, someone on the last thread linked a NY Times article that mentioned that a dna cheek swab was made when BK was arrested, so that they had a direct dna identification versus the genealogical dna based on his father's dna specimen.

I tried to look up the most recent New York Times articles since the arrest and court appearance, but due to paywall, can't read the articles. It surprised me that when I clicked on the link that someone posted on one of the earlier threads that I could read the NY TImes article which is paywalled. That's why I remember, if I am remembering correctly.

So we really don’t know if he targeted the house for one of the victims or the house itself (easy to get into from sliding door, lots of coming/goings, parties). I go back and forth depending on what I read.

But, if he just wanted to kill and/or rape someone, why would he go into a house with 6 occupants? Wouldn’t it be easier to find a young woman who lived by herself or with a roommate in an apartment? Going into a house with 6 roommates is just insane.
I think it depends. If one or even 2 of them in particular was his target and he became fixated on them, I’m not sure the number or occupants would have mattered in his mind initially. He may also have viewed it as a personal challenge given just how risky it was. All just my opinion.

Hello all. Long time reader buy made an account because this case hits close to home for a handful
or reasons. I did want to share a story about an incident that happened to me a few years ago just to illustrate that you honestly have NO idea how you would react in this situation and the people criticizing DM are killing me. On what planet does a 19 year old female, living in an extremely safe college town (per LE) think noise at 4am in her shared party house and seeing a man she doesn’t recognize = 4 of my closest friends have just been murdered?

I’m a professional woman in my 40’s (mom, husband, kids) and live in what you would consider an affluent suburb (leaning toward rural with 1+ acre lots) town. A few years ago I went for a run around 10am on a regular Tuesday. I was running down a main road at the edge of town where houses lined one side and forest lined the other. This was not a desolate road, there is traffic and borders a much more populated town.

As i was running a truck pulled up beside me and a somewhat friendly guy asked where the closest gas station. I stood back and told him to follow the road to one or he could turn around and follow another route. He thank me and continued down the road.

I changed direction and headed back on the same road (my planned route) and maybe 5 min later he had done the same and stopped me again. Said he was confused with my directions and asks again to the closest station. I repeated what i said and he thanked me and took off. I thought it was unusual but figured he was flirting or confused and I was on mine 8 and tired - it was late winter and I was getting cold so I was just focused on getting home and warm.

Until half a mile up the road, i saw he had pulled over to the side and was standing standing leaning on the hood of the truck. My initial
thought was sort of ‘huh? wonder why he stopped again?’ I wasn’t exactly scared, but it made me nervous. I crossed to the other side of the road and there happened to be a street into a neighborhood that I took instead of staying straight and running by him. I looked at him as I turned and he looked at me, waved and said ‘hey, good to see you again’. The neighborhood houses didn’t start for a bit so the road in was just woods. I looked back once i was in the sidestreet and he was back in his truck slowly following me.

At this point I knew this was not normal but I was confused and my mind sort of went blank because I couldn’t understand why someone would follow me. It didn’t make any sense to me. I was running like I always do. I sort of froze there in the middle of the street looking at him and trying to understand what was going on. He stopped the truck, got out, and started to jog towards me and by that point I was terrified and my mind just told me to RUN.
He followed me down the street and though one yard, maybe two, then stopped. I ran through a few more and then stopped and hid in a child’s playhouse in someone’s back yard. At that point I called my husbands cell which went to voicemail so I left him a sobbing message that I was chased and scared and didn’t know what to do. I waited in that little house freezing my *advertiser censored* off and scared out of mind for about an hour and then I ran home and locked myself inside. I look back at that day and can’t understand why I didn’t take a picture of the truck and license plate or call 911 or scream or bang on someone’s door. Even when I was hiding in the playhouse terrified my mind kept questioning if I made up with happened or it wasn’t as scary as I had thought. Maybe the guy just needed directions? The idea that someone may have been trying to take me or hurt me is just so hard for me to wrap my head around. It doesn’t ‘fit’ into my life. I ended up reporting the incident to the police but was beyond humiliated that I couldn’t think more clearly or strategically in the moment.

So, please be gentle to DM. We know a tiny portion of what happened that night and we should all hope to god we never experience a fraction of what she has had - and will have to process.

IIRC, someone on the last thread linked a NY Times article that mentioned that a dna cheek swab was made when BK was arrested, so that they had a direct dna identification versus the genealogical dna based on his father's dna specimen.

I tried to look up the most recent New York Times articles since the arrest and court appearance, but due to paywall, can't read the articles. It surprised me that when I clicked on the link that someone posted on one of the earlier threads that I could read the NY TImes article which is paywalled. That's why I remember, if I am remembering correctly.
the timeline was free. rest was blocked

Last edited:

He wanted to kill many innocent sleeping people by breaking in with a big knife and stabbing them all. He meant to do that. MOO Because if he didn't , he wouldn't have gone into that particularly active house. MOO

Hello all. Long time reader buy made an account because this case hits close to home for a handful
or reasons. I did want to share a story about an incident that happened to me a few years ago just to illustrate that you honestly have NO idea how you would react in this situation and the people criticizing DM are killing me. On what planet does a 19 year old female, living in an extremely safe college town (per LE) think noise at 4am in her shared party house and seeing a man she doesn’t recognize = 4 of my closest friends have just been murdered?

I’m a professional woman in my 40’s (mom, husband, kids) and live in what you would consider an affluent suburb (leaning toward rural with 1+ acre lots) town. A few years ago I went for a run around 10am on a regular Tuesday. I was running down a main road at the edge of town where houses lined one side and forest lined the other. This was not a desolate road, there is traffic and borders a much more populated town.

As i was running a truck pulled up beside me and a somewhat friendly guy asked where the closest gas station. I stood back and told him to follow the road to one or he could turn around and follow another route. He thank me and continued down the road.

I changed direction and headed back on the same road (my planned route) and maybe 5 min later he had done the same and stopped me again. Said he was confused with my directions and asks again to the closest station. I repeated what i said and he thanked me and took off. I thought it was unusual but figured he was flirting or confused and I was on mine 8 and tired - it was late winter and I was getting cold so I was just focused on getting home and warm.

Until half a mile up the road, i saw he had pulled over to the side and was standing standing leaning on the hood of the truck. My initial
thought was sort of ‘huh? wonder why he stopped again?’ I wasn’t exactly scared, but it made me nervous. I crossed to the other side of the road and there happened to be a street into a neighborhood that I took instead of staying straight and running by him. I looked at him as I turned and he looked at me, waved and said ‘hey, good to see you again’. The neighborhood houses didn’t start for a bit so the road in was just woods. I looked back once i was in the sidestreet and he was back in his truck slowly following me.

At this point I knew this was not normal but I was confused and my mind sort of went blank because I couldn’t understand why someone would follow me. It didn’t make any sense to me. I was running like I always do. I sort of froze there in the middle of the street looking at him and trying to understand what was going on. He stopped the truck, got out, and started to jog towards me and by that point I was terrified and my mind just told me to RUN.
He followed me down the street and though one yard, maybe two, then stopped. I ran through a few more and then stopped and hid in a child’s playhouse in someone’s back yard. At that point I called my husbands cell which went to voicemail so I left him a sobbing message that I was chased and scared and didn’t know what to do. I waited in that little house freezing my *advertiser censored* off and scared out of mind for about an hour and then I ran home and locked myself inside. I look back at that day and can’t understand why I didn’t take a picture of the truck and license plate or call 911 or scream or bang on someone’s door. Even when I was hiding in the playhouse terrified my mind kept questioning if I made up with happened or it wasn’t as scary as I had thought. Maybe the guy just needed directions? The idea that someone may have been trying to take me or hurt me is just so hard for me to wrap my head around. It doesn’t ‘fit’ into my life. I ended up reporting the incident to the police but was beyond humiliated that I couldn’t think more clearly or strategically in the moment.

So, please be gentle to DM. We know a tiny portion of what happened that night and we should all hope to god we never experience a fraction of what she has had - and will have to process.
I can’t imagine how scared you must have been. I’m glad you are ok.

I think he targeted the house and wanted it to be a mass murder/serial killer murder. So killing one person would not give him the notoriety he wanted the murders to have. JMO at this stage of info available.

Maybe he was specifically targeting one woman but by killing others it distracts from the initial target.

Confuses the crime scene. I believe the boyfriend was only killed because he was there.

Also, if he targeted only one he could have seen the others in the room as witnesses.

Or, it is possible he wanted to kill multiple people to simply get a big investigation going and sit back and watch it unfold. Note he did not do this on a school break then leave town that night. He did it while he was still teaching and then went to class as usual.

He thought he would get away with it and could watch the coverage on it and even hear it discussed in the classroom.

Being the not so genius that I am in copying and pasting, I discovered the State of Idaho Judicial Branch updates information every Friday, which includes all of the below for:

State of Idaho v. Bryan C. Kohberger​

Latah County CR29-22-2805

Order Amending Idaho Court Administrative Rule 45, 46a, 46b (effective 01/09/23): audio/visual broadcast and cameras in the courtroom
Notice of Hearing (01/05/23)
Second Amended Order Governing Courtroom and Courthouse Conduct (01/04/23)
Stipulation for Nondissemination Order (01/03/23)
Nondissemination Order (01/03/23)
Monroe County Misc Docket PA v. Suspect (01/03/22)
Invocation of Rights (12/30/22)
Motion to Preserve Crime Scene (12/30/22)
Criminal Complaint (12/29/22)
Arrest Warrant (12/29/22)
Probable Cause Order (12/29/22)
Affidavit Exhibit A Bryan Payne Statement (12/29/22)

<modsnip: not an approved source>

I have also verified the court documents via governmental and legal sources, but please see note at top on how I can create more work for everyone ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member