ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
If BK is found guilty of 4 counts of 1st degree murder, is it an automatic death sentence? Or does the jury have to agree unanimously for death?

I am on the fence about what dad and mom knew. I am not sure I trust the account in which Bryan and dad planned this trip before he ever left for Washington, but with more evidence, I would then be convinced that Dad at least didn't know when he got on a plane and headed west.

There's something strange about Dad feeling the need to distract the officer or tell the officer about the SWAT shooting that had just taken place at WSU. Doesn't it seem likely, then, that Dad (with an interest in crime that goes on in the place where his son goes to school) knew about the Idaho Four? Is it possible that he was in Washington and then drove through Idaho and never knew a white Elantra was being sought? DId BK tell him the car was cleared or the wrong year?

As a parent, I'd have had suspicions of various kinds, especially if BK's description of his own behavior in the TapATalk posts are any indication of what his adolescence was like. My first thought would of course be that my child could be in danger, so I'd bring up the crimes. I think I would know that my child was involved, although like most parents, I would keep it to myself and attempt to deny it inwardly.

Respectfully snipped for focus. If the Dad did have suspicions (and I don’t think he necessarily did), then I imagine he would have leapt on the incident at WSU. I don’t think I was alone in thinking, when that news was breaking, that it must be the perpetrator of this crime. I think the father would very likely have felt the same, and if he was doubting BK, it would have been a huge relief to him. Might explain why he was so enthusiastic to talk about it.

Something that I meant to mention is dogs and death. We asked our hunting dog to help us look for our missing cat (we lived in the mountains), she found what was left of our cat and pointed for husband and ran home instantly. Then at my Dad's death bed his doggie that was licking him moments before ran out of the room after he passed. As well as my dogs when I got home avoided the laundry room I'd put my clothes in, I spent awhile with Dad after he passed. I don't doubt Murphey was in K's bedroom by himself, death in his home and hid.
I have the opposite experience with dogs and death. My father passed in his easy chair, home alone with 3 smallish dogs. When my BIL arrived home many hours later all 3 dogs were on the chair with my deceased father who had likely died that morning. It wasn't until the door opened and the BIL came in that the dogs ran off upstairs with their tails tucked. They loved my father and it appears that they hung out with him until someone came home and 'took over'.

very useful link, tx

so 2013 he's using but later he seems to turn it around as Casey Arntz said and by 2017 when she met him, she thought he was clean (She also said he was working as a security guard at his old high school by 2017)
By 2018 completes Liberal Arts & Psych and makes the Dean's List at Northampton Community College

It strikes me as very odd that, being an intellectual type, from a family where older sisters have higher education, he didn't go from high school straight into college.

Even working full time in a pizza place and later as a security guard would have been far below what he should have been doing at 18-22. So an addiction makes complete sense to me. It may have derailed even high school graduation, so that he had to start at ground level at community college before going to university.

JMO

Last edited:
Ok, a few of my thoughts from the previous pages of discussion:

The Papa Rogers/Inside Looking Online Profiles and Comments Attributed to BK.

NOT DEFENDING BK!!! But, not convinced it is him....One comment was about leaving a sheath behind.....we had a WS member here also speculated that early on...does that make our WS member BK? One comment about speculating the parking behind the house in the lot and entering through the back....many of us made the same speculation during the same time frame. So are each one of us who had that speculation also BK? What I'm saying is yes, there are creepy - but they were not unique speculations. Also, that online profile didn't get the timeframe right - so are we to believe he mixed fact and fiction? It's a stretch.

Again, not defending, but also not going all in on this unconfirmed, potential connection. Could be him, could be someone else with a Websleuth type mind.

[…]

During class, Kohberger, 28, appeared academic minded and didn’t shy away from speaking up, including challenging his classmates, said Roberts, and another master’s degree student who the Statesman granted anonymity to answer emailed questions.

Kohberger’s enthusiasm for his area of study — understanding the criminal mind — was regularly on display, they said.

“Bryan only talked about his interest in forensic psychology,” the master’s student told the Statesman. “He was an incredibly strong student and talked during class every time.”

“He sat front and center, and was not hiding or tucking back in the back,” Roberts added. “He was right there in the middle of it.”

As a result, Kohberger’s non-participation in a lengthy conversation about the Moscow homicides stands out in retrospect, said the master’s student. The person said they had four classes with the man now sitting in the Latah County Jail, including a courts and legal process class where the killings were discussed before the semester ended the week of Dec. 12.

“He was completely silent,” Kohberger’s classmate said.

[…]

so this was BK as a teaching assistant when he was at WSU, described by an anon student who was studying a masters there ( I can't open that link without subscribing now )

He did look very attentive during that short hearing in Latah

I agree. But I am wandering why when would say "lynchpin." if she was a highly credible witness she would add to this entirely circumstantial case with her circumstantial evidence contribution. The DNA is powerful and compelling, but is also circumstantial and no single element is the "lynchpin"

The foot print may not absolutely be tied to the accused, but it can add to narrative the prosecutors offer due to it showing direction of travel. Same with this witness. her statement buttresses other circumstantial evidence leading to timeline, exclusion of other suspects the defense might proffer. Her statements to investigators could be used to counter defense alternative theories, and help prosecution theories the prosecution may have but not known by the public at this time.

So her awareness, rationality, or any real or perceived weakness may be brought up by defense to reduce the value of her testimony.

Again, I have zero issue with her reaction to this extreme trauma. any of us may have acted the same way. But that doesnt mean we can't say that her actions or lack of them may harm her credibility on the stand.
MOO Her trauma is from the events she discovered the next day.

She got scared in the middle
of the night. This happens. Likely calmed herself down with thoughts like it was a stupid frat thing etc. Went to sleep and then the horror came.

NOT DEFENDING BK!!! But, not convinced it is him....One comment was about leaving a sheath behind.....we had a WS member here also speculated that early on...does that make our WS member BK? One comment about speculating the parking behind the house in the lot and entering through the back....many of us made the same speculation during the same time frame. So are each one of us who had that speculation also BK? What I'm saying is yes, there are creepy - but they were not unique speculations. Also, that online profile didn't get the timeframe right - so are we to believe he mixed fact and fiction? It's a stretch.

Again, not defending, but also not going all in on this unconfirmed, potential connection. Could be him, could be someone else with a Websleuth type mind.
Papa Rogers could have been postings from his home computer?? I think LE confiscated some electronics from his WS apartment.

Question: What are your thoughts about his public defender being a woman with long blonde hair? Given that he allegedly killed two women who have long blonde hair, if he felt a rage towards women who have that "look", how would he act towards his public defender?
Long blonde hair is a fashion at the moment. My niece went from short brown hair to long blond hair last year. We all are susceptible to elements of a frequency bias in seeing women with long blond hair right now.

Didn’t they post that the white car was irrelevant though?

People on here who we know aren’t BK made the same predictions about the sheath.

They didn’t get everything right, and they didn’t theorise anything that nobody but the killer could possibly have. LE will confirm if it was BK eventually, but I really don’t think there’s nearly enough there to assume it was unless that happens.
If I was the murderer, and tossing out tidbits on SM under a fake name and I drove the exact car that LE was looking for... I'd for darn sure say the car was irrelevant!!! That's getting a tad too close. Most everything else PR tossed out could be under the guise of online sleuthing and not being the killer. I just think he tripped himself up from time to time by saying some of the things he said. Like he couldn't help himself.

MOO

No, it doesn't make our WS member BK, unless the WS member's DNA is linked to the knife sheath found in the victims' bed.

Her trauma is the day after.
She got scared in the middle
of the night.
her trauma is right there at that moment she saw him, that is the trauma. perhaps you are referring to post traumatic effect?

Don’t underestimate the pain pill to heroin pipeline. That escalation can happen very quickly if the person isn’t wealthy enough to afford the pills. Heroin is significantly cheaper. Edit - I know I quoted you but the reply was meant for the poster you quoted lol
Exactly. Opiate/heroin abuse is a cluster and many get into the addiction via Rx pain pills.

Heroin is cheaper, readily available in most communities, even small towns, if a person wants to find it.

Is it possible the twelve times he was spotted watching the house (fr

is it possible he was stalking for K each time she was visiting? He was tracked on his cell watching the house on 12 occasions, does each time correspond to K visiting the house?

She had only left the house 10 days earlier, according to her parents. She broke up with JD 3 weeks early, and moved back home 1.5 weeks earlier. This was her first and only visit. I do wonder if she felt safer in a different car and whether she had noticed any stalking by someone in a white Elantra.

One can construct a very weird but plausible scenario in which K was the target (I am not espousing this theory, just saying it's possible). K worked at a coffee house and we know that BK drinks coffee because his classmates at WSU said he was doing so after the murders. She was extroverted, cheerful and took care to present a feminine look that is very popular among students and was known for it. It's even possible to believe that BK was longing to see her (just SEE her) again if she had in fact departed from his obsessive view. Was he the reason that she wanted HG to tag along that night?

Wouldn't it be wild if we eventually find out that BK did in fact see her on the Grub Truck livestream, which he regularly watched? Not knowledgeable enough about digital forensics, but would expect that it would be in his browser history.

Papa Rogers could have been postings from his home computer?? I think LE confiscated some electronics from his WS apartment.
Yes, but LE has not made any comments yet about finding anything on his computer, right? It's just online commenters and media outlets making what could be sensational statements.

Once LE confirms that BK is Papa Rogers and InsideLooking (or whatever), I'll believe it. But for now, I'll take these unconfirmed media musings with a grain of salt.

When I was 20, 21 I thought 24 was old. Certainly 28 was really old. When I was 28 my thought was that females that were 20, 21 would have thought I was old and I would not have been infuriated by any type of rejection. He didn't seem to have that same self awareness (I'm not tooting my horn here)
Yes. My thoughts as a young college age woman. I preferred to associate with my age group. Interest from 5+ years put me on high alert.

I strikes me as very odd that, being an intellectual type, from a family where older sisters have higher education, he didn't go from high school straight into college.

Even working full time in a pizza place and later as a security guard would have been far below what he should have been doing at 18-22. So an addiction makes complete sense too me. It may have derailed even high school graduation, so that he had to start at ground level at community college before going to university.

JMO

yes as far as we know Casey Arntz said he got into drugs in high school. Her brother Thomas Arntz also said BK lost lot of weight year prior, then became aggressive in his senior year. What year would that be - anybody? ( he's born in November 1994)

Pleasant Valley High School - drops out in 2014 according to another classmate
Monroe Career & Technical Institute- HVAC course
Northampton Comm College ( as linked to previously) Do you think this means he started at NCC in 2016?

Link:
Nick McLoughlin, who knew Kohberger in high school, told Daily Beast the suspect was “down to earth” but became “thinner than a rail” and “aggressive” his senior year after being overweight the year before. He was taking boxing classes, McLoughlin told Daily Beast, saying, “He always wanted to fight somebody.” He took criminal justice courses because he was thinking of becoming a police officer, McLoughlin told the publication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa