ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, from the way that is worded, it either means she ended up in another bedroom, or LE left out the original time that she went to bed.
It does sound like that. That was why I put the scenario that he maybe passed her upstairs and through to the upstairs sliding door and jumped making a loud thud and dog was up there barking. E and x could have possibly still been barely alive. Heartbreaking

When LE started asking about a Kabar style knife quite literally immediately that’s when it crossed my mind, how would they know that specific before even an autopsy? Maybe they found the cover for it? I also saw a few posters on here suggest it. So it’s not that far fetched really. IMO
Heh, maybe it's naivity that kept me from considering that as a possibility. Of all the mistakes that can happen while committing an act this atrocious, I'd never think that would be one of them. Perhaps because you'd think the killer would be extra careful and take extra steps to keep that from happening. IMO

Good point. She didn't know if he had actually left the building. Her gut instinct told her to get away from this guy, that he could be dangerous. BUT.....she couldn't call 911 just because the way a guy looked scared her. You can't call 911 and say you don't know of any crime committed but saw a guy that scared you.

She had no clue what he had done, just that he scared her and she wanted to be away from him.

Why don't people get this?
The world seems to have a universal blood lust, baying for cruelty, any victim will do, just so long as they have a target..
it's everywhere..

For sure! Intelligence isn't mandatory for murderers. I was just reacting to all of the talk everywhere about BK's intelligence.
Right. Right. I was not taking a swing at your point, just at the same sentiment you were commenting on. I think things like personality and even luck probably play more of a roll in successfully getting away with things. Not to say cognitive ability isn't in the mix, but it's one small piece

If the screenshots on HTC are indeed from BK, which IMO they are, he was and could still be suffering from severe mental illness. The system has failed him. IMO, this should not be a capital punishment case. Members on forums that shall not be named here reference these screenshots as "creepy." That is not an adjective I would use to describe someone allegedly suffering as BK was. It's just sad.
Is there a link to these... thread is moving so rapidly that I may have missed it. TIA

I’d like opinions to what you think explains these things

1. Affidavits don’t have to state everything but they need to be true to the point of probable cause. This makes it extremely important to have it stick to be very grammatically accurate.

D.M. stated she originally went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side of the
second floor. D.M. stated she was awoken at approximately 4:00 a.m.

What is meant by originally. Having that word there leaves questions and if it didn’t mean anything could have easily just been left out .

The next thing that is crucial IMO is that she stated she woke up at approximately 4:00 am. To me, this is sooo important. Think about it. If you are dead asleep and got woken up, how could you state at all what time it was unless you look at an actual click. If you look at click, I know exact time.

A person just throwing a wild guess what time it was out of thin air would not hold up to mean anything. This I find this wording by officer to stand out. You either know the time or you don’t.
These times are from the affidavit

4:04 a.m. he was driving around
D.M. woke up to what she thought was Kaylee playing with dog
D.M. heard someone say "there's someone here"
Xana was alive and awake at 4:12 a.m.
4:17 a.m. there was a thud
4:17 a.m. the dog started barking
D.M. is frozen as he walks out the patio door minutes later

Affidavit, pg.7

Attachments

• 1673233527305.png
    1673233527305.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 9
Someone asked earlier why would there only be a bloody shoe print in front of DM's door. But how do we know that was the only one they found. As we've discussed before, I don't think everything they have is in this affidavit. I think that particular piece of evidence was included to corroborate DM's story of him being near her door aka walking past it and towards the direction of the doors as she said. They may have many shoe prints all over that house for all we know.

There is though.
He was bullied by his peers, allegedly
He consumed Class A drugs, heroin, namely, allegedly That's abuse too even though he likely was medicating trauma, and even though he inflicted it on his own psyche and soma, it's still an infliction.
We don't know his full story yet.
A loving family cannot protect a child from external forces no matter how much they love them, sadly.

Bullying a child because of his weight or whatever
I was just about to say this. Sure, it’s sad that any young person has to experience things like this. But I’m just not connecting how this visual snow led to a brutal and planned attack in the middle of the night, in a mostly dark house. Those who were viciously attacked did not enter his world and then he responded. No, he chose them. He stalked them (IMO). He did this for months. His visual snow didn’t stop him from being successful academically. He was able to manage his day to day living, ADLs, and seemingly functioned in numerous ways. People are shocked and in disbelief suggesting they weren’t overly concerned that his mental wellbeing would eventually lead to this. He’s 28 now. He’s made it for a long while after he (if him) reported the way he was feeling so long ago. I just don’t think it led to this. Even if it did, my compassion is with Xana, Ethan, Maddie and Kaylee. What they went through is far worse than anything he has ever experienced/felt. He had a chance to tell someone about his extremely dark thoughts. They did not have an opportunity to stop this. I’m not at all being snarky as I get annoyed when I read snarky posts. I just felt compelled to say something as I am surprised at the recent compassion for the alleged killer. I get it because it is sad that he felt like that as a child. But he’s an adult now. A functioning adult that knows right from wrong. It worries me that someone on the jury could feel this way. All IMO and I may change my mind if things come forward that dispute my current understanding of all of this. Oh, I meant to say is violence common with this condition? I do not know a lot about it.
I guess it’s the nature vs. nurture argument; was he predisposed due to some brain damage since birth that was exacerbated by hard hits to the head and/or bullying? Did he have undetectable mini seizures throughout his life that rewired his brain? Apparently it is common for schizophrenics to have this condition. And I know of football players who have been diagnosed with split personalities—don’t know if it’s the hard knocks to the head or not. I just don’t understand how anyone could hurt a stranger so badly. They didn’t do anything to cause this—IMO—and there’s no way to safely prevent him from killing again but the death penalty. I could live with life in prison IF doctors and scientists could study him for the rest of his life. In fact, build a special facility and bring the mass murders there and study them and experiment with medications—if they agree in exchange for getting to live. Just trying to think out of the box. I think his days are numbered, but I don’t know that we will be any safer as a society as a result. JMO

In most people, the answer is no. Eye color fully matures in infancy and remains the same for life. But in a small percentage of adults, eye color can naturally become either noticeably darker or lighter with age. What determines eye color is the pigment melanin.
I googled this
My eyes changed from blue to green/hazel when I was in second grade. My daughter’s eyes also changed when she was about that same age (7 years old.)

D.M. stated she originally went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side of the
second floor. D.M. stated she was awoken at approximately 4:00 a.m.

IMO, you could substitute the word "initially" for the word "originally" or strike the word "originally" entirely.

DM may have been asked, as many witnesses are, especially when young and traumatized, to just go ahead and start at the beginning. It's easy for me for to imagine the first thing she said was that she was asleep in her bedroom.

MPD Officer Brett Payne is the author of the PCA. He did not interview DM himself, but rather reviewed evidence, including interviews conducted by MPD Officers, ISP Detectives and FBI Agents. The PCA reflects Officer Payne's collating, organizing and then relaying the numerous facts. That was his assignment and most of his words are drawn from his interpretation of the evidence he reviewed.

I think parsing each word of the PCA isn't necessary. It's a straightforward overview designed to show probable cause, and it was very effective, IMO.

Much as I might have craved a two-hour documentary film version PCA, I think Officer Payne did a diligent, workmanlike job of relaying a considerable amount of factual information, some of it dry and tedious, some of it terrifying and heartbreaking.

JMO, so much more to come, all of it beyond sad.

Is there a link to these... thread is moving so rapidly that I may have missed it. TIA
See:
Tapatalk is the platform, but the forum specifically is a forum for those with "Visual Snow" to discuss their condition. I spent a couple hours last night archiving his whole profile on wayback, and oh boy some of those posts are... sad. Here is the link to his profile if you're interested in clicking around. This one in particular really stood out to me.
MOO, IMO
View attachment 393905

Wow. I have an ex who began exhibiting signs of a number of mental illnesses in his early to mid 20s. Reading these VS posts is literally hurting my heart. He was never diagnosed with VS (among the many illnesses with which he was diagnosed) but this sounds exactly how his brain began sorting things out. This is hitting me hard. Once someone is legally an adult, it's hard to force them to get help, but if these are the words of a kid in his mid-teens, someone or something failed him.
Thank you. Agreed. I wrote a previous post stating what I think was going on here, mentally.

I'm amazed at his inquisitiveness and openness at the age of 15. Although, I am not sure if there is anyway that he couldn't have been failed by society. We have set it up so that mental health is not a priority, we don't dig into things like this with people unless it immediately affects us. Many sweeping societal changes need to be made in order for people to value mental health as a whole.

If BK had gone on to be a successful (by society's standards) professor, and appeared to be functioning "normally", no one would have been looking back & finding these details of his inner world. We wear blinders, part of that is coping/survival, but part of it is that we have been taught to strive at all costs, ignoring our emotions and the emotions of others who are suffering. It's a vicious cycle.

He made choices. We can't excuse those choices. Nature and/or nurture, we don't know that he could have been stopped, as a society we are better at retrospect than proactivity. It is a shame.

I imagine his attorneys are scrambling for all his medical/mental health records as we speak. While there is no "insanity" defense in Idaho, mental illness might save him from the death penalty. Maybe. My opinion only.
IMO, as I recall, weren’t BK and his father asked “ are there any mental health issues” at BKs PC hearing? And they both said: “NO”

I haven’t seen it reported that the footprint was bloody. Do you have a link?

Maybe not decisively, but here’s from the affidavit:

“During the processing of the crime scene, investigators found a latent shoe print. This was located during the second processing of the crime scene by the ISP Forensic Team by first using a presumptive blood test and then Amino Black, a protein stain that detects the presence of cellular material.”

Heh, maybe it's naivity that kept me from considering that as a possibility. Of all the mistakes that can happen while committing an act this atrocious, I'd never think that would be one of them. Perhaps because you'd think the killer would be extra careful and take extra steps to keep that from happening. IMO
Same here! I was shocked to say the least that he was that careless and also pretty impressed at some of these smarties that had guessed it from the beginning!

That said, I’ve been following the saga with those suspicious accounts and will be very interested to see if it was LE, the suspect, or neither. I was pretty suspicious of the FB account because he started his own group and that group’s cover photo was a collage of pics of MM (maybe from Insta) and thus MM was in every pic - none of the other victims. Coupled with my belief that she was the target, it raised my hackles.

I understand what you are saying and that’s how most people think about most things. We all do that.

What I’m saying is that the difference between dm state and that’s what the officer wrote is the difference of getting the whole thing thrown out. In a trial every word in that will be questioned.

The way it’s written is IMPERATIVE

If I’m not mistaken, a witness would testify in a trial their own words (subject to cross examination) and the defence attorney would have full access to the actual witness statements provided to LE, not just a brief snippet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona