ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like opinions to what you think explains these things

1. Affidavits don’t have to state everything but they need to be true to the point of probable cause. This makes it extremely important to have it stick to be very grammatically accurate.

D.M. stated she originally went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side of the
second floor. D.M. stated she was awoken at approximately 4:00 a.m.

What is meant by originally. Having that word there leaves questions and if it didn’t mean anything could have easily just been left out .

The next thing that is crucial IMO is that she stated she woke up at approximately 4:00 am. To me, this is sooo important. Think about it. If you are dead asleep and got woken up, how could you state at all what time it was unless you look at an actual click. If you look at click, I know exact time.

A person just throwing a wild guess what time it was out of thin air would not hold up to mean anything. This I find this wording by officer to stand out. You either know the time or you don’t.
IMO, from the way that is worded, it either means she ended up in another bedroom, or LE left out the original time that she went to bed.

If there was enough light to identify bushy eyebrows, mask height and build, one would think you would see a big totally bloodied knife unsheathed and bloodied person after 4 murders some that fought back.

Would definitely be blood on floors and other places you eould think
Sigh. Not if the knife was in a hoodie pouch, not if the dark clothing muted the blood, and not if she didn't walk out of her room to the actual murder locations.

I don't know any evidence of fingerprints having been found, but regarding the sheath, he could say he lost it some time ago.
He could've cut his finger using it on some occasion unrelated to the murders prior to losing it.
But if he lost it some time ago, how did it get right next to the dead girls with no other DNA on that spot? If anyone else had used it, there would be other DNA profiles there.

And don't forget the bloody faint shoeprint in front of or near her bedroom door.....proving someone was there.
God! This just makes me cringe! I wish there was some way to let DM know that we support her, unlike so many of the other “sleuthing” sites. That’s one of the things that brought me (and keeps me) here at Websleuths - the rules to remain victim-friendly, not dragging innocent family members, etc down, not perpetuating rumors, etc, etc.

I just wish we could all somehow wrap our arms around DM and give her comfort & strength, take away all of her pain & fear, and erase any sense of guilt or responsibility being pushed onto her.

sounds plausible. But if it was around 4 and they say he was driving around still at 4:04 that would mean someone was awake upstairs with dog.

Another twist would be someone was already in house and he stumbled upon them

Crazy
I would argue that just after 4:04 would usually be described as "around 4" though, no?

I also think it's possible that "there's someone here" was referring to the Door Dash driver who reported he delivered JITB at approximately 4 am. We don't have any context about the tone of voice used, so we can't be certain she was describing an intruder.

We know he was driving around the area & passed the house 3x between 3:29 & 4:20 am. Why risk drawing attention to yourself by circling the house like that? I'm guessing he waited for the delivery driver to exit the street & the lights to go out before he felt the coast was clear.

Along with emotional intelligence, social intelligence and academic intelligence is there such a thing as Athletic Intelligence. I read somewhere that BK was into boxing. Reason for broken nose.??? Boxing if you can call it a sport is an individual athletic sport, mono o mono. Does anyone know if there has been any studies of these type of killers and backgrounds with team vs individual/no sports in their youth and upbringing?

No but that’s an interesting point.

We have two fluffy hybrid sentinel dogs smaller than Murphy who bark, really bark, at strangers and even at the family when we come home. The one with the most Lhasa Apso genetics would die before standing down if one of us were attacked, and the other would follow his alpha leadership. Doodles have a different disposition (our nephew has one who could be Murphy's twin), but they're still evolved from wolves. My guess is the noise Dylan heard that she mistook for Kaylee playing with the dog was Kaylee in a struggle with the killer and the dog circling, jumping, some barking and territorial but unsure. He was accustomed to hundreds of strangers coming in and out which resulted in canine confusion; however, the smell of blood and death, especially his Kaylee, was bad, but getting locked in Kaylee's room away from her, in particular, would have led to lots of barking both as an alert and as begging to be near her. MOO
IMO, whining too-high pitched

It's important because even though she saw him walk towards a door she has no way to know whether or not he actually left the building/ The threat remained present for all she knew. pCA states she froze, this suggests she got a whole lot of seriously bad vibes from this guy as well as a physical description.
That might be relevant.
she had no reason to freeze before he came along even though it had been an eventful night in terms of disturbance.
I think he scared her but she had no way of knowing what he had just done at the time.
I think whatever she 'saw' in him was terrifying.

Good point. She didn't know if he had actually left the building. Her gut instinct told her to get away from this guy, that he could be dangerous. BUT.....she couldn't call 911 just because the way a guy looked scared her. You can't call 911 and say you don't know of any crime committed but saw a guy that scared you.

She had no clue what he had done, just that he scared her and she wanted to be away from him.

Why don't people get this?

IMO, this offers insight as to why he was such an "above and beyond vegan," and needing different pots and pans as his aunt said. He appears to be trying to solve his conditions with dieting and seems very convinced eating unhealthily is a contributing factor. Many of his discussions on this forum revolve around food, diets, toxins, meal plans, and medications.
All MOO.
View attachment 393948
Wow. I have an ex who began exhibiting signs of a number of mental illnesses in his early to mid 20s. Reading these VS posts is literally hurting my heart. He was never diagnosed with VS (among the many illnesses with which he was diagnosed) but this sounds exactly how his brain began sorting things out. This is hitting me hard. Once someone is legally an adult, it's hard to force them to get help, but if these are the words of a kid in his mid-teens, someone or something failed him.

I have been thinking about where X was. Her and E had to be inside her bedroom with the door closed. When DM woke up I am assuming like everyone else she made a trip to the bathroom. The bathroom door was right beside the door to X's bedroom. She would have had to step over X to get in the bathroom if X was in the hallway. No way she did not notice X on the floor and all the blood if X was in the hallway or if the door to X's bedroom was open.

I too am puzzled why DM did not call 911 when she saw BK. But then it was a party house with people coming and going at all hours.

I also am puzzled why she called friends the next day after she awakened instead of calling 911. But maybe X's door was locked so she just knocked to ask about the crying and the man she saw coming from X's room the night before and got no response. Maybe she knocked several times loud enough it should have awakened the occupants. That could have been the point where she began thinking they were unconscious. But wondering why she didn't go upstairs to try to rouse M&K? Maybe she did and their door was also closed and locked and she got no response. That could have been the point where she started thinking about calling someone (perhaps E's brother or sister or K's brother, all U of I students or X's sister a WSU student.)

A question I have is did she first call her parents and tell them she couldn't get her roommates awake? Wouldn't parents have surely advised her to call 911, not friends? Of course we have no way of knowing exactly who she called except MSM stating she called friends who came over, then called 911.

Just wonderin'

JMO

I would not assume she left her room to use the bathroom. Affidavit says only that she opened her door 3 times. I rarely ever need to use the loo in the middle of the night even if I wake up. Maybe I’m weird!

I would argue that just after 4:04 would usually be described as "around 4" though, no?

I also think it's possible that "there's someone here" was referring to the Door Dash driver who reported he delivered JITB at approximately 4 am. We don't have any context about the tone of voice used, so we can't be certain she was describing an intruder.

We know he was driving around the area & passed the house 3x between 3:29 & 4:20 am. Why risk drawing attention to yourself by circling the house like that? I'm guessing he waited for the delivery driver to exit the street & the lights to go out before he felt the coast was clear.
The cameras show him still driving at 4:04.

I just read the posting by the mad Greek restaurant and it states that baddy and Cana worked at mad Greek. Those were the two rooms targeted. E and k weren’t supposed to be there

I was just about to say this. Sure, it’s sad that any young person has to experience things like this. But I’m just not connecting how this visual snow led to a brutal and planned attack in the middle of the night, in a mostly dark house. Those who were viciously attacked did not enter his world and then he responded. No, he chose them. He stalked them (IMO). He did this for months. His visual snow didn’t stop him from being successful academically. He was able to manage his day to day living, ADLs, and seemingly functioned in numerous ways. People are shocked and in disbelief suggesting they weren’t overly concerned that his mental wellbeing would eventually lead to this. He’s 28 now. He’s made it for a long while after he (if him) reported the way he was feeling so long ago. I just don’t think it led to this. Even if it did, my compassion is with Xana, Ethan, Maddie and Kaylee. What they went through is far worse than anything he has ever experienced/felt. He had a chance to tell someone about his extremely dark thoughts. They did not have an opportunity to stop this. I’m not at all being snarky as I get annoyed when I read snarky posts. I just felt compelled to say something as I am surprised at the recent compassion for the alleged killer. I get it because it is sad that he felt like that as a child. But he’s an adult now. A functioning adult that knows right from wrong. It worries me that someone on the jury could feel this way. All IMO and I may change my mind if things come forward that dispute my current understanding of all of this.

Since I started following this case I watched as a man educated in criminal justice basically set himself up to be prosecuted for the murder of four young students. Knowing he wasn't stupid, I began to question what reality he was living in because it sure wasn't mine. Finding out about mental health issues he had earlier in life somewhat explained his skewed thinking and gave me a little understanding. Are his issues an excuse for murder? No, I sincerely doubt that and a jury is best suited to make a judgment on that and on his punishment.

I’d like opinions to what you think explains these things

1. Affidavits don’t have to state everything but they need to be true to the point of probable cause. This makes it extremely important to have it stick to be very grammatically accurate.

D.M. stated she originally went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side of the
second floor. D.M. stated she was awoken at approximately 4:00 a.m.

What is meant by originally. Having that word there leaves questions and if it didn’t mean anything could have easily just been left out .

The next thing that is crucial IMO is that she stated she woke up at approximately 4:00 am. To me, this is sooo important. Think about it. If you are dead asleep and got woken up, how could you state at all what time it was unless you look at an actual click. If you look at click, I know exact time.

A person just throwing a wild guess what time it was out of thin air would not hold up to mean anything. This I find this wording by officer to stand out. You either know the time or you don’t.

I believe we have only seen a very small portion of her statement which makes it seem oddly worded.

I don't know any evidence of fingerprints having been found, but regarding the sheath, he could say he lost it some time ago.
He could've cut his finger using it on some occasion unrelated to the murders prior to losing it.

The test can tell whether it's blood or spit or semen or---> skin cells.

Just saying. So no, he can't claim he bled on it if it's touch DNA, etc. He has to explain his DNA without knowing what LE knows at this point time - because it is his DNA.

Dartboard time.

IMO, from the way that is worded, it either means she ended up in another bedroom, or LE left out the original time that she went to bed.
By saying she originally went to sleep and was awakened around 4:00 it means she hadn’t still been up at 4:00 without sleeping.

Substitute the word FIRST for ORIGINALLY.

Mentioning the location of her bedroom is just setting the stage and describing the crime scene.

Does not mean she started out in one bedroom and then that changed….

JMO

Someone here on WS also speculated about a sheath a few weeks prior to the PCA.
I made this post 6 weeks before the PCA came out:
layer:
Takes less than a second to thumb-lock a door on your way out. Then again, if you should have happened to drop something in the room, like say... oh maybe... a knife sheath... you just locked yourself out.
And this post on December 2:
layer:
There are ways that they could know it's a KA-BAR, if the perp dropped the sheath, for example.

God! This just makes me cringe! I wish there was some way to let DM know that we support her, unlike so many of the other “sleuthing” sites. That’s one of the things that brought me (and keeps me) here at Websleuths - the rules to remain victim-friendly, not dragging innocent family members, etc down, not perpetuating rumors, etc, etc.

I just wish we could all somehow wrap our arms around DM and give her comfort & strength, take away all of her pain & fear, and erase any sense of guilt or responsibility being pushed onto her.

I agree. I hope she realizes that she is a victim as well.

Everyone is just trying to help fill in blanks to have understanding.

Our hearts all go out to her

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but why all the trouble? He might simply have dropped it in a trash bin immediately after the murder. It's probably rusting in a landfill, even as we speak.
I agree. If they take his position on the map when his phone went off and calculate the period of time it was off and where he was when it came back on, they can get an idea, in all directions and roads where he could have possible gone in that timeframe. I doubt he put it in a dumpster or someone's trash but it's possible. Wooded areas, bodies of water large or small, bogs or all sorts of places within that area he could have gotten rid of the knife. Seems to me it will never be found. AJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg