ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not think eBay purchases can be tracked?
I'm not RANCH, but they were replying to a post I had made a few pages ago. I said that I wouldn't be surprised if he had bought the knife off Craigslist or was able to get it second-hand somehow without any way to tie him to the transaction. Paid cash and no cameras.

Idaho murders: Mystery white cars on video near crime scene day after student stabbings​

Web sleuths previously pointed out that an ABC 7 news camera recorded a white car over a correspondent's shoulder as he did a live shot in front of the King Road house that morning.

My thinking for quite some time is that Kaylee started in her own room and was alerted to the intruder by Murphy. As Dylan indicates, it was likely Kaylee's voice that said, "There's someone here." Whether this initiated in her own room or Maddie's, they both died "in" or "on" Maddie's bed. (I think "in/on the bed" is more about semantics than location, but it's arguable.) IMO the order in which victims are listed on the PCA (MM, KG, EC, XK) is the order in which they died, and Kaylee's tearing/slashing wounds from lungs to liver follow with her being in a standing or sitting position rather than being prone like Maddie who was first. I still see Kaylee following Murphy into Maddie's room and running straight into BCK, but she might have been sleeping there (a tight fit when she could've laid on the bed across the hallway.) This encounter between BCK and these first victims is what generated the noise Dylan mistook for Kaylee playing with Murphy; however, I don't think Murphy started the relentless barking until he heard the noise from Ethan and Xana being killed right below when he was locked in Kaylee's room directly above them. As Steve Goncalves said, "It was a hell of a battle going on down there from what the coroner told us." This is a slight reconsideration of my first timeline regarding when/why Murphy started barking. Idaho murders: Father of slain victim says she had 'big open wounds,' calls police 'cowards'
Where did we read that the K's wounds were from lungs to liver? I must be behind??

This may be off-topic but I feel like we should just call him Bryan or BK. He seems to idolize BTK, and giving him the moniker BCK would give him exactly what he wants and feed his ego. But worse, it may encourage some troubled teen whose initials are BDK or BPK. We do not need more monsters in this world. I also dislike the media showing his evil face. I really don't want to look at him. Anyone agree?

Last edited:
I love that quote.

Honestly, I think they may need to provide more DNA evidence than a bit on a knife sheath. It is explainable that someone stole the knife and used it for this crime, knowing a purchase by someone else wouldn't be linked back to them. I'd be shocked if they arrested without more DNA, as their case is very much based on it.
I'm hopeful that LE found more of BCK's DNA under the victim's fingernails or in the King Street house. I'm also hopeful that LE found incriminating evidence and/or blood from the victims and the King Street house in his car, parents' house, his apartment and/or in the garbage bag he put in the neighbor's garbage. No matter how well he cleaned the car, it would be very difficult for him to get all of the potential evidence out of the many little crevices in the car. At least, this is all my opinion and my hope!

There is a difference, I think, with being obsessed about murder, having thoughts of what to do and how to do it, and "planning carefully." And as I said on another thread another day, whatever plans he made could never have survived his first encounter with murdering 4 actual people in the span of minutes.
I agree with you. IMO whatever he was expecting to feel and have happen, he didn't feel it and it didn't happen. I also think that because the first action didn't give him what he was looking for he kept on until he either felt what he was expecting or he ran out of energy or time. Sort of like a drug user is always looking to experience the high they get the first time they use. The next hit isn't as good as the first so they take another hit and it's not it either so they end up chasing that first high. IDK, just what I think but I could be totally wrong.
jmo

Absolutely curious, I have a new theory re why he ends up West on East Indian at 3.26. Will post it when I can. You know, maybe the circular route alibi theory would make more sense if he had had two number plates? Sure, one plate at back makes it less likely his plate no.will be identified by cameras, but also makes the car stand out if footage shows the lack of front plate. And surely if he's thinking alibi if LE get on to him, he must have known that his renewal with WA plates post 13 Nov would be easily traceable online? He'd want the cameras east of Moscow on the main drag to pick him up and the plate no. at 2.53 to 3.15 before heading rural to East Indian because phone is off. But then he'd have to be pretty certain that any residential cameras in Queen, Walenta, King and in East Moscow wouldn't pick up his plate no. even if they allowed for an id of make and model and approximate year...that might be feasible for darker residential streets I guess -but still seems risky...but he'd ALSO want to be certain that cameras would not pick up in both Queen/Walenta and his diversion along 95, the lack of front plate because that would indeed look suss to LE. How could he know this with any certainty.
Good point, and the changing plates is suspicious. I wonder, since he seemingly didn't have access to another vehicle, and he had an interest in digital technology, he surely considered the risk of his car being caught on camera, including the license plate. His choices were either not get caught on camera, or the alibi route, if he thought about it at all. I think what got him into a tizzy was leaving behind that sheath. He knew he'd made a mistake that if tied back to him, all his planning was for not. Sucker.

In any case, I think the PCA listed only the camera footage necessary to put him in the area and at the residence around the time of the murders, plus the time he left and came back to Pullman. They could have other footage we don't know about, and I'm sure it tells a more vivid story of his movements that night. If only LE knew how much is us map people would appreciate a point-by-point playback of that stupid Elantra.

Actually $94.37 on Amazon. 26% price reduction, must be less popular now.
Some are shorter knives. Some are different than others like special editions. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
still searching for significant November13 Marine Corps dates

Vietnam Veterans Memorial Dedicated​

On November 13, 1983, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, containing the names of more than 13,000 Marines who lost their lives in Vietnam, was dedicated during a ceremony in Washington, D.C. The dedication, and the parade preceding it, were part of a week-long salute to veterans of the Vietnam War.

Nothing jumps out at me.

Bit on the possible knife used

He lacked critical thinking skills. Did not anticipate many homes would have cameras. Did not thoroughly think through the results of bringing phone and turning it on and off continuously. Did not think thoroughly about security cameras on WS campus, especially parking lot.
Very helpful thoughts, Emerald15. He absolutely lacked the necessary critical thinking skills.

He made so many blunders that I have periodically wondered if he unconsciously wanted to get caught.

But, I think it's more as you said, he simply lacked the necessary critical thinking skills to carefully plan for many basic things related to how he conducted this crime (phone, car etc)

My guess is that BK kept the knife in the sheath sitting on the passenger seat until he parked and got out. He then slipped the knife/sheath into his back waist band and took the combo out at the beginning of his attack.

He then pulled the knife out of the sheath, dropped the sheath, and forgot about retrieving it before he left the crime scene. JMO.
I agree, I don't think much went as planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member