ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed> it was said he used to box and train so if he’s a speed hitter or power hitter or both would only benefit him and less harming himself. Maybe that’s how he (if it was him) IMO was able to do so much damage in so little time. Also, people talk about the car has to have blood, DNA etc in it. What if he tarped the inside of the car up.. would that help him with an easier clean up?

Here's a good link for newcomers, it's about Websleuths lingo and acronym (won't help you with the name acronyms, but is very helpful otherwise):

Wasn’t it sealed before his arrest?

Two different things. The PCA was sealed until he appeared in court to hear his charges.

This is a search warrant for his apartment. The results of the search warrant are sealed until March 1, I think?

To give defense a deadline for reviewing what was found. The date makes me think there's a lot for them to look at. I'm guessing that BK forgot a few more things than just that sheath.

This is exactly where I am right now. This just doesn’t make sense, logistically. For him to do this in the short period of time, they would have had to have been lined up waiting for him and just let it happen. Since this is not what happened, the only thing that makes sense is BK had a friend or two with him. Just keep thinking he‘s part of some group that fantasizes about this or even did this as a team event. That, or BK was the driver for them. I know we only have a tiny fraction of the information, so maybe once more comes out, it will make sense? For now, I just don’t see how it’s possible.
Very possible given a 10 MIN time frame. Keep in mind...most victims (at least two M and K) were probably asleep or in bed . The only exception could have been X. I suggest you take a stopwatch and count down for 10 minutes. It's ETERNITY when you simultaneously visualize the killer (6ft 185lbs) literally JUMPING on top of the unsuspecting/sleeping victims armed with a knife designed to kill. MOO

It makes absolutely no sense for them to omit that in a PCA if he was the driver. It definitively places him at the scene of the crime right before it happens. MO
By that logic, it makes no sense for them to refrain from saying they spoke to the DD driver and that they cleared him, if they did. Therefore the fact LE did not make these claims means they did not speak to the DD driver and did not clear him. According to your logic. I'm not saying that.

Last edited:
I'm confused by so much attention focused on the best way to stab someone to death. Wouldn't slitting their throats (particularly if asleep?) be the optimal route to go? Now if the person was awake or there was combat taking place, I can see how some knowledge of placement would be advantageous, but not really, as precision really wouldn't be something one could expect when engaging in combat. My guess is he simply meant to slit at least one person in the throat while sleeping (likely was able to accomplish this upstairs with both girls still hopefully asleep through it all) and wasn't expecting the whole situation with X & E and it took more sheer luck and adrenaline that he was able to kill them both.

Also - quick question - has it ever been determine what X ordered from DD? Just wondering if it was a meal for one or two, which would help indicate whether or not E was up the whole time or not.

It is a misconception that cutting a throat is something as easily accomplished as Hollywood would like you to believe but I believe it has been established that the victims died of stab wounds to the upper torso.

Very possible given a 10 MIN time frame. Keep in mind...most victims (at least two M and K) were probably asleep or in bed . The only exception could have been X. I suggest you take a stopwatch and count down for 10 minutes. It's ETERNITY when you simultaneously visualize the killer (6ft 185lbs) literally JUMPING on top of the unsuspecting/sleeping victims armed with a knife designed to kill. MOO
And also keep in mind it’s a much smaller house than we think. Nancy Grace tonight made the comment (she is at the house) that it’s even smaller and tighter than she imagined.

Here's a good link for newcomers, it's about Websleuths lingo and acronym (won't help you with the name acronyms, but is very helpful otherwise):

Two different things. The PCA was sealed until he appeared in court to hear his charges.

This is a search warrant for his apartment. The results of the search warrant are sealed until March 1, I think?

To give defense a deadline for reviewing what was found. The date makes me think there's a lot for them to look at. I'm guessing that BK forgot a few more things than just that sheath.
Yesss …I can… not… wait!! The poor families need answers and justice. Heck we all need answers

Thanks for pointing out Otero vs. Hinge, yes, Otero was first but in Witchita KS. Hinge was less than a block away.
As far as Zodiac, the police painted him as having all sorts of sexual deviances, but maybe that was a tactic to flesh him out. There's debate among criminologists and psychologists as there being a sexual component. And then there is the (in)famous Z408 cypher.
Interesting. I've never really heard too much about criminologists or psychs actually taking the position there was a sexual component to his crimes, but I'm far from an expert on that one.

I know there is always the consideration of stabbings having a sexual component, as well as strangulation, but it's much less common in serials who shoot their victims, at least that's my understanding. This is one reason we can't rule out a sexual component to this crime, although I do not believe he ever had the intention to rape anyone for several reasons.

One more thing that I was thinking re knife skills--Bryan did not become a Vegan until a teen...he grew up in Pa big time deer hunting country--did his father or other males in his life hunt? Because that is the kind of knife a deer hunter might use to dress/butcher a deer--and it sounds like on at least one victim he eviscerated them
I have read this type of blade was good at cutting skin easily. If Dad was a hunter and BK would tag along maybe he didn’t have the guts for eating the meat after seeing the animal but then found out he had a new fetish fascination.

Cuomo is interviewing Tinder date girl on News Nation.
She seems nice and believable.

She didn’t say anything new, mainly a reminder about dating and inviting situations with strangers. Kind of ironic, as she was able to safely end her date with BK. AFAIK, the students didn’t invite him in, and they never got the chance to kick him out.

Yes it is eerie to look at that in the photo

However, this photo seems to be one of a series taken on 3rd December. Wouldn't ISP forensics lab have already taken this into evidence?

( Downloading the phones and /or getting the Door Dash info would probably be one of the first things the tech team did, so you'd think they might collect the remains of a victim's last meal? )
Its hard for me to tell. There were also some night time pictures from the 13th and 14th. JMO

I don't have a number but off the top of my head these killers did not know their victims;BTK, Ted Bundy Many were crimes of opportunity many were random victims that were targeted stalked and then killed. BTK killed whole families, Bundy killed the sorority girls in addition to his other victims, not sure if he falls in both categories.
Thank you for answering. I didn't know this. I just can't wrap my mind about it.

You could factor in that Xana was likely in her room when he arrived at 4:05-4:06. Goes upstairs (which make sense, since DM seems to think he was heading out of the house).

There are two places to park near the house. One is the main parking at the front of the house, where we saw the victims' cars being towed. The other is behind the house, in a shaded/wooded area reached from Queens Rd. I'm still not clear on where his car disappeared from neighbor cams, but I assume it was at the back of the house, which is where you can walk directly into the kitchen through the slider (as seen on the August noise complaint body cam).

LE is seen examining tire tracks and skid marks (similar to those from a sedan with a manual transmission that's peeling out on asphalt). So I think he parked in front and had to move quickly up around the side of the house - give him 30-45 seconds for that.

This is a person in a kind of frenzy (if the timeline is even remotely accurate). Timestamps on various cameras can be off by a couple of minutes, but it sure seems that the gas station operator sees his car heading TOWARD the area at around 3:45 (article approved by WS upthread: The Eyes of a Killer)

Or he's very competitive with himself.

When I hear that he's talking to himself, telling himself he's okay, I am again reminded of the coping strategies of children. This is not uncommon in a serious, traumatic situation (he's done it to himself though - that's what is so weird). His urge to destroy himself is beyond any theory of "fear of success" or ordinary "self-sabotage." Yesterday, one wise WSer said it reminded them of people who cut themselves in order to feel something (often feeling depersonalization at the same time). He's a human wrecking ball and so far under the radar of so many people, it's chilling.
There are errors in that article so I don’t trust the time that’s mentioned. Is there another source that has the time the car is seen in the gas station video?

I searched the thread for Slate and didn't see this posted. My apologies if it's a dupe

MOO they found the car on video, led to the car, then then registration, led to parents and BK.
They found the DNA on the sheath. Not in CODIS, started a familial DNA search and many relatives of BK had contributed and it led to the parents and BK.

To add a little fuel to the pure conjecture fire of multiple perps being involved, according to a few media outlets his words upon being taken into custody were along the lines of, (if) 'anyone else was arrested?'.
Wouldn't he be singing like a bird if anyone else could be nailed for these crimes?

Also, I think that quote is in question. Reporter BE, who stated it in a Tweet, never provided attribution AFAIK.

I don't know anymore than has been publicly released so time will tell. But it just doesn't jive with my spidey sense.

JMHO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed> it was said he used to box and train so if he’s a speed hitter or power hitter or both would only benefit him and less harming himself. Maybe that’s how he (if it was him) IMO was able to do so much damage in so little time. Also, people talk about the car has to have blood, DNA etc in it. What if he tarped the inside of the car up.. would that help him with an easier clean up?
it is going to benefit him if he is fit.
but this is really is about mindset. And this weapon being the best choice for an ambush killing of that many people inside a home.
One doesn't don't need training or above average fitness to kill four people with that knife in that amount of time. You hammer grip that knife. and use it on surprised people, you are going to mortally wound them in one or two strikes

In fact my first comments on this case were were disbelief that so called forensic experts, even former FBI, laughable former NYPD saying it was a certainty he cut his hands. I used that knife in basic for hours and hours, striking dummies made out of 2x8" and no one in our class even had a scratch.

Interesting. I've never really heard too much about criminologists or psychs actually taking the position there was a sexual component to his crimes, but I'm far from an expert on that one.

I know there is always the consideration of stabbings having a sexual component, as well as strangulation, but it's much less common in serials who shoot their victims, at least that's my understanding. This is one reason we can't rule out a sexual component to this crime, although I do not believe he ever had the intention to rape anyone for several reasons.
Not sure if I can link to the source site, instead including press clippings presented on it re: Zodiac. zc.gif

Among criminologists, Donald Lunde believed Zodiac killer was a 'sexual sadist'. In any event there might be a better forum to discuss this in.
IF the charges are true against the accused, all we can say with info we know to date is that he is a mass murderer but not a serial killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74