ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I’m buying this story. She seems to be really milking her new fame on tik tok. Anyone that tries looking for their 15 minuites I am wary of….

Plus. I don’t think she would be his type if we compare her to the victims, which in my opinion I think there was definitely a sexual attraction aspect to this murder.
I go back and forth. I can be gullible at times, but plenty of women have pretended to be sick to get rid of a date gone wrong. Or had a friend call with an "emergency". And he does have at least one other documented event of doing things that creep people out and, when confronted, pretending he has no idea what the people are talking about. And inviting himself up to her room also seemed like something he would do.

Or she might be making the whole thing up. LOL

Apologies if this has already been answered, currently making my way through all the threads.
When his phone pinged near the residence at 9:12am (5 hours after the murders were committed), do we know what the maximum distance away from the house he could’ve been was? That would help with what I’m thinking on why he came back to the house.

I see this differently. I get the sense that it was the opposite of angry or hateful; that it was more clinical/cold/sterile—an exercise in something, mission-focused (I’m sure there’s a better way to say it but I’m still half asleep lol). I think his calculus is different from most people’s; anger as a root cause makes sense to most of us because we’re familiar with and influenced by our emotions. I’m not sure it works that way for him. I think he tries to find emotions, or to approximate them, but I don’t get the sense that they drive his behavior. JMO of course.
I might agree with you on all points if there were not accounts of BK exhibiting (past) signs of anger, as told by former friends and/or classmates. I don't think BK lacked the ability to "find" or exhibit the emotion of anger - perhaps all other emotions, but not anger IMO.

Finished with the Morphew case and now moving onto the next? SMH

BBM

‘While experts like Mary Phan, professor at the University of Washington School of Law, called the police work "a perfect case study in modern investigative techniques," others expressed caution.’

‘Well-known Colorado defense attorney Iris Eytan said she thought the newly released charging document reflect a police department desperate to make an arrest without considering other possible suspects or exploring why the surviving roommates didn’t do more to help their friends.’

'A perfect case study': How advances in tech allowed Idaho police to unravel mysterious student killings
Great catch @osu!

I found this part interesting on the article. Wasn’t it IE who honed in on the significance of stranger DNA in SM’s car in the Morphew case - to introduce SODDI? So now here we have her suggesting BK’s DNA could be in the Idaho house, yet unrelated to the crime. She can’t have it both ways.

“Eytan, the Colorado defense attorney, cautioned against a rush to judgment in the case. She said police usually put their best evidence into an arrest affidavit, and the court documents released by authorities have a lot of holes. She said there are many reasons why someone’s DNA could be present on an item in a stranger’s house — and there’s no evidence to say whether Kohberger had been to the house before.”

Last edited:
I asked this before but didn’t get any responses. Does anyone else think it seems to stand out in the pca the attention to the bathrooms and their locations. There weren’t really any other things pointed out so directly like that. Ie upstairs pointing out that the bathroom shares a wall with m bedroom

Interesting point, specially because I’ve explained away some of the things that weren’t said, by deciding that he wanted to keep the affidavit streamlined down to the things important to the judge’s decision.

Two possibilities that I can think of:

1: that the overall layout of the house—the two upper floors, anyway, just felt important to him, in terms of visualizing what was where, so he described it as he entered and experienced it. Maybe that’s what he’s trained to do.

2: bathrooms are a source of evidence. If BK did any washing afterwards, the drain traps might have had DNA evidence. LE might have considered saying something about that, and then decided the affidavit didn’t need it. (Or tests may have come back without interesting results.)

I lean toward the first explanation. What are your thoughts on the subject?

MOO and speculation

Yes, and I agree - if there was a target, it was Maddie. From what we can glimpse.

You are not the only one:

It is very common for Ph.D. students to visit campuses before deciding. And yes, applications are usually one year out.

I wish we knew.
If BCK had committed any other murders where LE had unidentified DNA, my guess is that LE will be cross-checking BCK's DNA with any DNA left at the crime scene or on the victim.

I asked this before but didn’t get any responses. Does anyone else think it seems to stand out in the pca the attention to the bathrooms and their locations. There weren’t really any other things pointed out so directly like that. Ie upstairs pointing out that the bathroom shares a wall with m bedroom
Yeah, I don't know what to make of it, but it stood out. Reading that sentence in the pca I assumed the next one will ellaborate on that, but it just never did. Just left it hanging in a weird way. I kinda assume the non-redacted version had a paragraph or two on that.

Something is fishy here.. and the lawyer that represents one of the family’s is now talking for them all? And honest question… how can a parent of one girl go view the other bodies? How does SG know how brutal or less brutal others were ? Is that even allowed? My head is staring to spin.
There are a lot of fishy articles, especially in some newspapers known for less reliable and valid content. IMO

IMO With the evidence available so far, I believe that someone needing help called him out there (dont worry I'm gonna help you) and/or to specifically set him up (sheath). I also believe he knows who did it.

I do leave open the possibility that he was involved (sheath), but that currently does not fit with his choices of taking his phone, taking his car, and multiple passes (4) in his car by the house before parking. If he was stalking them, he would have known the roads and where to park to get a good look at what was going on in the house. JMO

In your "someone set him up" theory, what do you believe happened once BK got to the 1122 house? Does BK go inside to find the person that alerted him they needed help? Does BK EVER go inside the residence? What approx time would the person have contacted BK telling him to come to the residence for help?

I’m not sure I’m buying this story. She seems to be really milking her new fame on tik tok. Anyone that tries looking for their 15 minuites I am wary of….

Plus. I don’t think she would be his type if we compare her to the victims, which in my opinion I think there was definitely a sexual attraction aspect to this murder.
You raise an interesting point about BK and a “type” of woman he’s attracted to. Perhaps he was able to get dates with some women, but unable to get the women he perceived as his actual “type” to accept dates.

I am anxious to learn if he attempted to date any of the victims, and was rejected.

jmo

In your "someone set him up" theory, what do you believe happened once BK got to the 1122 house? Does BK go inside to find the person that alerted him they needed help? Does BK EVER go inside the residence? What approx time would the person have contacted BK telling him to come to the residence for help?
Don't know.
Maybe (Dont worry Im gonna help you heard by DM).
Maybe.
Before 3:26 when his car was first clocked on Indian Hills Drive. Or I suppose it could be later if he got a call while driving. JMO

Very possible given a 10 MIN time frame. Keep in mind...most victims (at least two M and K) were probably asleep or in bed . The only exception could have been X. I suggest you take a stopwatch and count down for 10 minutes. It's ETERNITY when you simultaneously visualize the killer (6ft 185lbs) literally JUMPING on top of the unsuspecting/sleeping victims armed with a knife designed to kill. MOO
Agreed. I did exactly that a few days ago. Turned on my cellphone's stop watch and reenacted in my two story house what is generally beleived to have occured as best I could. Of course, lots of variables so clearly this is not anywhere close to scientific but it was still informative. The first time I did it the time came in at about 5:30 minutes. I thought "that can't be right" so I did it again. Slowed everything down. Changed assumptions (added more time for fumbling around, getting briefly lost, victims putting up a bigger fight, etc.) and it still came up under 10 minutes. I did not reenact the time from the car to the house and back, which obviously is a big factor. But it seems like 15-16 mins is very plausible. What struck me after my simple experiment was how long 10 minutes is for something like what transpired. As you say, it felt like an eternity. I would suggest not just taking a stop watch and letting it run for 10 minutes but actually walking through the process. I think most people will be surprised. MOO.

IMO I’m not convinced BK accidentally left the sheath there, I think that maybe he thinks he’s pretty clever (Although, so far, it appears maybe not) & perhaps the knife he used wasn’t a KA-BAR knife at all & the sheath was left deliberately to divert LE into believing a KA-BAR knife was used. MOO
Wow, that's an interesting idea . . .

IMO With the evidence available so far, I believe that someone needing help called him out there (dont worry I'm gonna help you) and/or to specifically set him up (sheath). I also believe he knows who did it.

I do leave open the possibility that he was involved (sheath), but that currently does not fit with his choices of taking his phone, taking his car, and multiple passes (4) in his car by the house before parking. If he was stalking them, he would have known the roads and where to park to get a good look at what was going on in the house. JMO

I could not disagree more.

I go back and forth. I can be gullible at times, but plenty of women have pretended to be sick to get rid of a date gone wrong. Or had a friend call with an "emergency". And he does have at least one other documented event of doing things that creep people out and, when confronted, pretending he has no idea what the people are talking about. And inviting himself up to her room also seemed like something he would do.

Or she might be making the whole thing up. LOL
I mean, she merely confirmed previously published accounts of his awkwardness/creepiness with women and inability to read social cues. It would be pretty easy to make a TikTok using that content and get some clicks. She says she met him on Tinder, and until/unless she shows screen grabs from seven years ago, which is when she said it happened, I'm using the giant pile o' salt on this one.

Agreed. I did exactly that a few days ago. Turned on my cellphone's stop watch and reenacted in my two story house what is generally beleived to have occured as best I could. Of course, lots of variables so clearly this is not anywhere close to scientific but it was still informative. The first time I did it the time came in at about 5:30 minutes. I thought "that can't be right" so I did it again. Slowed everything down. Changed assumptions (added more time for fumbling around, getting briefly lost, victims putting up a bigger fight, etc.) and it still came up under 10 minutes. I did not reenact the time from the car to the house and back, which obviously is a big factor. But it seems like 15-16 mins is very plausible. What struck me after my simple experiment was how long 10 minutes is for something like what transpired. As you say, it felt like an eternity. I would suggest not just taking a stop watch and letting it run for 10 minutes but actually walking through the process. I think most people will be surprised. MOO.
Agreed, here was my first thought ages ago:

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

D34B5310-066D-49F2-AA48-7210EEC39D35.jpeg

If BCK had committed any other murders where LE had unidentified DNA, my guess is that LE will be cross-checking BCK's DNA with any DNA left at the crime scene or on the victim.

I think @wary 's 2 options are very plausible. Especially 1.

3rd option?

Only other thing I can think of - for mentioning bathroom wall is reducing audibility?
eg that the 1112 house's bulb camera couldn't pick up sounds from MM's bedroom as easily as it could KGs ( dog's barking) & X's ( whimpers, thud etc)

The time given for the Door Dash delivery was "approximately" 4:00 a.m. It's unlikely the driver remembered the exact time when the delivery was made.

The app for drivers shows start and end times for deliveries. I am sure police have a copy of his deliveries that night.
I feel like if LE knew the exact time of the delivery, it would have been in the affidavit like all the other very specific times were. Door dash may have gotten there 5 or ten minutes before 4am, leaving more time between the delivery and BK's arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member