ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rotate between that and thinking he selected the house because of its features, rather than because of the inhabitants. I could be wrong, but I really don't think K was the target and suspect she's been overemphasized because the coverage of the case tends to emphasize her. MOO
All the following is MOO.

I feel like Kaylee was the sole target. BK entered through the patio into the kitchen and immediately went upstairs. I don't think he expected Maddie to be in the same bed. Unfortunately he felt he had to kill her too.

I think he was going to leave after that but then ran into Xana eating her DD. She might have gotten up from where she was hanging out in the living room to see who was walking around late at night. Or she might have been eating in bed with Ethan either sleeping next to her, or he could have been awake too ("Someone's here"). If she was in her bedroom (and didn't run there if she had been in the LR) perhaps she opened her door like DM did to see who was out there. I do not feel either Ethan or Xana would have been killed if they had been sleeping behind a closed door, or awake but didn't open the door to look out. To me, BK was focused on Kaylee and then getting out of the house ASAP. Unfortunately his plan went awry when he found Maddie in bed with Kaylee.

However it was that he ran across Xana (either in the LR or opening her door to look out) that was when it was decided she had to go too. Then Ethan. Basically, he was getting rid of all of the witnesses.

Then why did he not kill DM? Great question. Perhaps his mind was on overload at that point since killing 1 turned into killing 4, and he was focused on getting the heck out of there with the quickness. Maybe he didn't see her as he could have been blinded by his thoughts of what the heck just went down in the last few minutes. Especially if he had only planned on killing 1/Kaylee. He had to be pumped up on adrenaline too. It might have seemed like his fast beating heart was deafening (I actually once heard my heart beating so loud I thought everyone close could hear it. Not sure what that was about, but due to that experience I know it's possible to have your ears filled with the sound of your heartbeat. It's a tad disorienting and all my focus was on it. Maybe the same for BK.).

Lastly, one of the other reasons I feel like he only planned to kill 1 was because he peeled out of there laying rubber at ~4:20am. Stupid thing to do if you're trying to sneak off after murdering someone! You for darn sure don't want to bring attention to it or yourself until you're far away.

I feel like had Kaylee been alone in her bed, it would have been just her he murdered, then quickly leave the house, and then drive off in a more controlled manner (quick, but not crazy fast). It just feels like he freaked out because his plan ended up killing X4, and quite frankly, I feel like he spooked himself and got the heck out of dodge. FAST. Also, maybe he did see DM but wanted out of that house ASAP and knew it was only a few more yards to 'safety'. Seeing her could also be the reason he peeled out so fast. I think she got really lucky that awful night.

All MOO.

You saw posts before the murders occurred? There were a bunch of fake/renamed accounts right after the murders, but this one was in place before the murders.
I'm going to say I'm not sure because I'm not positive which account you're referencing. And WS rules.

He went with what LE first reported around 3-3:40. I am one who does think IL was BK, or IL was copying from PappaRodgers. I think this because of the way IL spoke, and what he said. He spoke just like a Forensic Instructor, or student the way he posed questions. He also knew information not released yet, and was emphatic he was correct and we were wrong. I have no doubt he included false information on purpose, lest he be found out (he was anyway). The account was deleted the evening he met with his extradition lawyer. He could have used his phone to put his accounts on private, and delete others. Someone could easily do that, and I believe they would as he just got arrested and those accounts would be viral. I could be wrong, and IL was just copying from PR, but why not just post after BK got arrested and challenge all of those on Reddit accusing you of being BK? IL sure was an arguer and liked to be right, it seems odd he would just disappear when he could simply post and prove us wrong? IDK, it is definitely IMO only.
IL? Who or what is that?

Maybe nobody looked to see if he followed the other two or maybe they weren't big on using Instagram.
Or their pages were set to private and he didn't request to follow bc it'd be more noticeable or obvious he was stalking?

Why Kaylee?
Maybe he saw her somewhere and became infatuated and the attraction wasn't reciprocated. Maybe she didn't let him down easy which upset him. Maybe she did let him down easy but it didn't feel that way to him, either way triggering insecurities which turned into anger. Hard to understand the mind of a murderer. Sometimes there's no reason except something only the killer can know.

Maybe he saw her somewhere and became infatuated and the attraction wasn't reciprocated. Maybe she didn't let him down easy which upset him. Maybe she did let him down easy but it didn't feel that way to him, either way triggering insecurities which turned into anger. Hard to understand the mind of a murderer. Sometimes there's no reason except something only the killer can know.
Thanks for your answer. I go back and forth about who the target was but I keep coming back to poor Kaylee as well. When her father suggested she suffered from overkill it made a big impression.

The only DNA on the entire sheath was that small amount on the snap. Some, and I can see why, point to this as possible evidence that he intended to leave it, maybe set up the Frat boys or ROTC, and as suggested here as a calling card.
We absolutely don’t know that. Not all of the evidence is going to appear in the PCA. All we know is that BK was the single source of DNA on the snap. We do not know if there was DNA on the leather. MOO

Thanks for your answer. I go back and forth about who the target was but I keep coming back to poor Kaylee as well. When her father suggested she suffered from overkill it made a big impression.
The problem with SG's assertion, though, is there are other reasons for that to happen beyond being the target. If K was awake and M wasn't, that could explain her having worse wounds, for instance.

It's also not clear how bad K's wounds were in relation to X and E.

I know a lot of people have used his statements as conclusive proof that K's injuries were worse than anyone else's at the scene and she was therefore automatically the target, but he even admits he doesn't really know about X and E. Their bodies, for all he knows, could have sustained even worse damage than K. MOO

I feel like this could absolutely be true of any of the women victims, not just Kaylee.

Kaylee was also in the process of moving out (or had basically already moved out, she was visiting Maddie that weekend), so it's perhaps more likely he would have run into Maddie or Xana / could follow them with more regularity. IMO, BK's connection to any of the victims is very uncertain to all of us right now.

Also, we now know he got a new phone June 23 presumably in PA narrowing the window a little more.

Just my opinion
You just have to register it to a home address, you can do that from anywhere. I have purchased phones registered to my home state in at least 3 or 4 different states.

Not sure I believe he was in WA that early but I don't think that is a set data point of him being in PA.

The problem with SG's assertion, though, is there are other reasons for that to happen beyond being the target. If K was awake and M wasn't, that could explain her having worse wounds, for instance.

It's also not clear how bad K's wounds were in relation to X and E.

I know a lot of people have used his statements as conclusive proof that K's injuries were worse than anyone else's at the scene and she was therefore automatically the target, but he even admits he doesn't really know about X and E. Their bodies, for all he knows, could have sustained even worse damage than K. MOO
Agree. There definitely could be other reasons, like if he found the two girls and misunderstood the nature of their relationship and saw Kaylee as a rival. MOO

I feel like this could absolutely be true of any of the women victims, not just Kaylee.

Kaylee was also in the process of moving out (or had basically already moved out, she was visiting Maddie that weekend), so it's perhaps more likely he would have run into Maddie or Xana / could follow them with more regularity. IMO, BK's connection to any of the victims is very uncertain to all of us right now.
I TOTALLLY agree with you that the scenario I outlined could make any woman a victim! :(

That's part of why I go back and forth. SG is very passionate when he speaks to the press but many of his words could simply be those of a heartbroken father who is focused mostly on the death of his own daughter. And thus far, all we've heard about the other victims is that Xana's family said she put up a fight. Perhaps when it comes down to it the target matters little beyond the courtroom because four young adults lost their lives. JMO.

Agree. There definitely could be other reasons, like if he found the two girls and misunderstood the nature of their relationship and saw Kaylee as a rival. MOO
Yeah I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that he had nefarious plans for M and was infuriated and frustrated to have them interrupted by the presence of another person and then took them out on that other person. MOO

BK looks intimidating to me. If I see a figure like this with that intense eyes I will be “frozen” “fear” state too. Based on the knowledge now, I see him pretty guilty. Again, I can’t be a juror. I hope I will never be a juror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savethedryads