ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browneyes posted what she’d be pondering about until the hearing in June and one of them was WHY THAT NIGHT? Or something to that effecct. Sorry brown eyes if I’m getting it wrong….

BUT, i started thinking about several of your thoughts and that one hit me like a bolt of lightning after it meshed with you pointing out the cars in the front. Kaylee’s Range Rover. It was her last night there! She was was moving to Austin!!!

y’all may all be going duh! But this is the first time i thought of this, and i feel so silly for not thinking of it sooner. It was his last chance to eliminate her. I hate typing that :(
But that night in his mind he thought now or never, so he literally went Rambo. It WASN’T well planned. She was graduating early!! THAT caught him off guard!!
Honestly, that was where my mind initially went, that Kaylee was his focus. But her new vehicle and that she had moved out of the house confuses me to her being the target. Honestly now, just MOO, I’m leaning toward Maddie being his target. Maybe he saw her once or twice at her job or maybe saw her around Moscow and somehow found her SM. Looking at her Insta (I finally gave in and snooped because I was wanting to see if there were any pics of the house and possible lighting on all night - fairy lights, etc) I can see how he might have gotten obsessed with her -Kaylee as well, but well just, the not living there anymore thing… I suspect X and E were, so sadly, collateral damage when X was up and heard him on the third floor. I may be completely wrong but that makes the most sense to me. I think he was so overwhelmed by 4 murders he never saw DM peeking out her door.

I suppose if he waited at the doorway for them to come to him. It’s part of our training when working with the types of people I worked with to draw them away from the door and run when they have a sharp object, but of course these kids wouldn’t be likely to have had such training. I’m way more afraid of a combatant armed with a knife than a gun, because if you have to engage them, you’re getting cut. I’m astounded that the perpetrator didn’t have extensive injuries of his own, really. I literally thought at the beginning that the perpetrator must have known them well enough to have drugged them or something at first based on the fact that they didn’t find someone who’d needed many stitches on the night of, or who was noticed by friends, family, coworkers, etc. with fresh wounds, just because it is so unusual for the perpetrator not to end up with wounds of offense - we had a guy who’d been caught because he’d lost two fingers in the process of wounding another person. That only has bearing on here because it strikes me as so very unusual that BK (or whomever the perpetrator is found to be) had no appreciable wounds to speak of. MOO
That’s what my husband keeps saying. He keeps saying Ethan was such a big kid! It he was asleep? I guess the girls were all so little and it seems Kaylee and Xana were the only 2 awake??? Maddie and Ethan were asleep???

Even little Mickey shunick got a gout swipe at Brandon Scott Lavergne. BUT, he was driving. So he was vulnerable and she caught him off guard. I think Bryan had the element of surprise on his side. When i wake my husband up he will grab me and sit up ready to fight and I’m like CHILL! Most people aren’t like that….

Last edited:
Honestly now, just MOO, I’m leaning toward Maddie being his target.
I rotate between that and thinking he selected the house because of its features, rather than because of the inhabitants. I could be wrong, but I really don't think K was the target and suspect she's been overemphasized because the coverage of the case tends to emphasize her. MOO

Honestly, that was where my mind initially went, that Kaylee was his focus. But her new vehicle and that she had moved out of the house confuses me to her being the target. Honestly now, just MOO, I’m leaning toward Maddie being his target. Maybe he saw her once or twice at her job or maybe saw her around Moscow and somehow found her SM. Looking at her Insta (I finally gave in and snooped because I was wanting to see if there were any pics of the house and possible lighting on all night - fairy lights, etc) I can see how he might have gotten obsessed with her -Kaylee as well, but well just, the not living there anymore thing… I suspect X and E were, so sadly, collateral damage when X was up and heard him on the third floor. I may be completely wrong but that makes the most sense to me. I think he was so overwhelmed by 4 murders he never saw DM peeking out her door.
But he must have noticed that she had moved out (had been watching) and then noticed that she was back that day and decided this is it! This is the night. I don’t think it’s the car. I think he watched their social media accounts. If he saw a pic of Kaylee with Maddie back at the house then he knew she was there. Or even just saw her going in and out of the house etc. or out abd about in town…

My gut from the start however told me Maddie and Xana were the targets or just Maddie. So this theory of going there that night because it was his last chance to get Kaylee throws my original theory out the window…..

I’m not sure which one i feel more strongly about???

I will be so interested in knowing the details of if and when he began following them on social media because I feel like he not only stalked them outside of the home visually but also digitally via SM. It's only my opinion and speculation, but I think he found them on social media or an app first and then found out more about them from there. His phone has got to be ripe with information and I hope they get as much as they can from it. I want to hear all about it at trial if so!

I rotate between that and thinking he selected the house because of its features, rather than because of the inhabitants. I could be wrong, but I really don't think K was the target and suspect she's been overemphasized because the coverage of the case tends to emphasize her. MOO
I agree.

My gut from the start told me Maddie and Xana were the targets or JUST Maddie. So this theory of going there that night because it was his last chance to get Kaylee throws my original theory out the window…..

The only thing that i can come up with why he drove around like a madman increasing the chances of getting caught and why he was more sloppy than you’d expect someone like him to be and why he’d choose THAT night is because he knew that was the LAST night Kaylee was going to be there. Maybe he just hated her but wasn’t obsessed with her….

Is there a difference with these killers? Do they “love/obsess” and hate/obsess?? I know it’s not really live, but you know what i mean ….
I will be so interested in knowing the details of if and when he began following them on social media because I feel like he not only stalked them outside of the home visually but also digitally via SM. It's only my opinion and speculation, but I think he found them on social media or an app first and then found out more about them from there. His phone has got to be ripe with information and I hope they get as much as they can from it. I want to hear all about it at trial if so!
absolutely! Maddie and Kaylee’s aren’t private and i don’t think Xana’s is either
So he was totally watching them

You don’t have to follow them to see their posts

Whatever is going on there, and I have no idea what it is, it's more than just waiting for the DoorDash guy to leave. This is what the PCA says:

His initial three passes by 1122 King Road began at 3:29, long before the 4:00 DoorDash delivery. His fourth pass began when he:
  • Entered the area at 4:04
  • Proceeded east on King Road, past 1122
  • Stopped and turned around at 500 Queen Road #52 (those long apartment buildings)
  • Drove back, stopped in front of 1122
  • Tried unsuccessfully to park or turn around there
  • Proceeded back westbound to the corner intersection
  • Did a three point turn
  • Drove back eastbound toward 1122
  • Next seen leaving the area at a high rate of speed at 4:20
This is not only driving like a crazy person, it compresses the timeline to a mind-boggling degree. Between 4:04 and 4:20 he did all that crazy driving - driving past, stopping, turning around, driving back, stopping, trying to park, trying to turn around, aborting, driving to the end of the street, three point turning, driving back, finding somewhere to park, going inside, murdering four people, going back to his car, and driving away. All in 16 minutes or less.

And he couldn't have made himself more conspicuous if he tried.
I have to wonder if he was a regular drinker and under the influence often and during the crime.

From reports, after 2 or 3 beers/drinks he would get offensive and belligerent. Guess we will never know that unless he claims "blacking out" for his defense, which I could sadly see him doing something like that.

He seems to "deny" his bad behavior in the past like it never occurred! JMO, MOO

Browneyes posted what she’d be pondering about until the hearing in June and one of them was WHY THAT NIGHT? Or something to that effecct. Sorry brown eyes if I’m getting it wrong….

BUT, i started thinking about several of your thoughts and that one hit me like a bolt of lightning after it meshed with you pointing out the cars in the front. Kaylee’s Range Rover. It was her last night there! She was was moving to Austin!!!

y’all may all be going duh! But this is the first time i thought of this, and i feel so silly for not thinking of it sooner. It was his last chance to eliminate her. I hate typing that :(
But that night in his mind he thought now or never, so he literally went Rambo. It WASN’T well planned. She was graduating early!! THAT caught him off guard!!
I agree, he planned or fantasized a long time but was triggered by something (K's last night, social media post that irked him or whatever that day) and that plan accelerated into overdrive and was slapped together more hastily than he wanted perhaps.

But he must have noticed that she had moved out (had been watching) and then noticed that she was back that day and decided this is it! This is the night. I don’t think it’s the car. I think he watched their social media accounts. If he saw a pic of Kaylee with Maddie back at the house then he knew she was there. Or even just saw her going in and out of the house etc. or out abd about in town…

My gut from the start however told me Maddie and Xana were the targets or just Maddie. So this theory of going there that night because it was his last chance to get Kaylee throws my original theory out the window…..

Whew! I read you OP about the lightbulb moment you had about it being Kaylee's last night in town and I just couldn't bust your bubble! To the best of my recollection, Kristi said Kaylee planned to be in Moscow until Tuesday.

With the limited information we have, I don't think any of us can firmly and accurately decide who was the target, if anyone. Except, we know that DM was not a target. He walked right past her for some reason. BK being in a killing zone and not seeing her doesn't make sense. She saw his bushy eyebrows so there was a close encounter.

Had someone left the kitchen light on so that provided enough illumination for DM to see this person?

I suspect the reason the front door was left open that morning for so long was bc the smell of death was overwhelming.

JMHO and all that jazz

Whatever is going on there, and I have no idea what it is, it's more than just waiting for the DoorDash guy to leave. This is what the PCA says:

His initial three passes by 1122 King Road began at 3:29, long before the 4:00 DoorDash delivery. His fourth pass began when he:
  • Stopped and turned around at 500 Queen Road #52 (those long apartment buildings)
  • Did a three point turn
This is not only driving like a crazy person, it compresses the timeline to a mind-boggling degree. Between 4:04 and 4:20 he did all that crazy driving - driving past, stopping, turning around, driving back, stopping, trying to park, trying to turn around, aborting, driving to the end of the street, three point turning, driving back, finding somewhere to park, going inside, murdering four people, going back to his car, and driving away. All in 16 minutes or less.

Excellent, clear, conscise and detailed, so very useful for me at this point of my musings! Thank you for taking the time.

• Did a three point turn

To me, your from 4.04am summary reads like BK experiencing extreme frustration. Frustration that inhibits all ratioanl thought and action, an extreme emotional state. IF he was feeling like that, then the driving could be viewed as part of his expression/release? of the feeling. I am having some difficulty expressing myself...So I visualise him for e.g swearing or grinding his teeth or screaming or gripping the wheel until his knuckles are white in that car and all of that means he could not be driving in any other manner than the way he did. MOO. Just my evolving thoughts and evolving speculations.

On the house, I too initially pondered that he may have selected it based on features and maybe he did MOO...but if he did then he apparently didn't, at least on the night of the murders (Per PCA), take advantage of one of the house's most useful features for someone stalking the inhabitants and wanting to remain undetected IMO...the tree line at the back...which IMO provided a space to quietly observe the house, windows lights MOO, from cover. MOO. Others have posted that it was cold, and ofcourse, we can't know anything about whether BK made a toss up between comfort level and caution. Just MOO

Grace said on "Fox & Friends" Monday that Kohberger’s father, while helping move him into the apartment, asked if the neighbor would be friends with his son.

"It’s like setting up a play date," Grace told host Lawrence Jones. "And at some point, the neighbor's wife said, ‘Don't bring [Kohberger] back. I've got a bad feeling. Do not have him back in this apartment.’"

The news of Kohberger’s conversation with his neighbor came at the same time Kaylee Goncalves’ parents revealed that she had already moved out of the house at the time of the murders. She was reportedly visiting for the weekend.

Since K had come in to show M her car and would be moving out of the area permanently soon, it wouldn't surprise me if they were making it a girl's night and specifically hanging out together, so M's SO had other plans to let them spend that time together without a third wheel. MOO
I think I read somewhere early on that he didn’t live locally - he was older/already graduated. I don’t have a source, just my memory so MOO.

If that theory is true--and it could be--then BK would have had knowledge of her plans. That suggests there was some link between them--some route for information to travel.

That's the big question. How did BK know it was his last chance? Some have suggested he planted listening devices in the house--he would have had ample opportunity during any of their parties--but MOO, the type of bug required to transmit audio to a receiver in a nearby car, are pricey. MOO.

Is there a go-between person? Did BK know one of the other home's residents?

All interesting questions.

• Did a three point turn

IMO, behavior similar to someone that is waiting to pick someone up or trying to get a better look at vehicles at King Rd. Just MOO.

Grace said on "Fox & Friends" Monday that Kohberger’s father, while helping move him into the apartment, asked if the neighbor would be friends with his son.

"It’s like setting up a play date," Grace told host Lawrence Jones. "And at some point, the neighbor's wife said, ‘Don't bring [Kohberger] back. I've got a bad feeling. Do not have him back in this apartment.’"

The news of Kohberger’s conversation with his neighbor came at the same time Kaylee Goncalves’ parents revealed that she had already moved out of the house at the time of the murders. She was reportedly visiting for the weekend.
"Yeah, it seems like they don’t have any leads."

How clueless can a person be? :rolleyes:

I could be wrong, but I don't think he ever saw the DD driver. Per the PCA, there's a 4-minute gap between the food drop-off and his final lap. MOO
Or maybe he was waiting on the DD delivery. Do we know for sure that Xana ordered DD? Or if it was actually handed to her? Just pondering and MOO.

Just a public service announcement to anyone interested in Air Mail's two-part Howard Blum story on this case: The website is offering a free month when you sign up for a subscription. (I have no affiliation with this website but I am a subscriber.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member