ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that much blood the police must have a trail to,follow, or hand prints, or shoe prints, or someone noticing their roommate suddenly doing laundry? .i hope this is solved rapidly. Imho the police should encourage a degree of caution for all the other students even if it was targeted. Poor kids. Poor families.

Ethan Chapin’s mother, Sarah Chapin, told the news outlet that a friend discovered the bodies inside the home on King Road and called 911.

I thought the 911 caller only saw one victim and the police discovered the rest on arrival, but the plurality in "bodies" is making me question that. I guess even if they only saw one, they technically discovered all of them if that makes any sense? It may be irrelevant but what do you guys think?
i feel like they came and looked through a window MOO

The silence of the police leads me to believe that they have an idea of who did this. I'm sure fingerprints or some other evidence were left behind. Lets hope it's enough to find the perp.

RIP Ethan Chapin, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle, and Kaylee Goncalves

The silence of the police leads me to believe that they have an idea of who did this. I'm sure fingerprints or some other evidence were left behind. Lets hope it's enough to find the perp.

RIP Ethan Chapin, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle, and Kaylee Goncalves
I'd be shocked if we didn't learn of an arrest by tomorrow, as this was as brazen and (likely) sloppy as it gets. This person must have left covered in blood, and someone or something (camera) has to have seen something.

Longer term, I'm sure he left forensic evidence at the scene, as there's a decent chance he cut himself.

If I was a resident in this city, I certainly wouldn’t be comfortable in assuming there isn’t a deranged quadruple murderer on the loose in my city right now! Because if this suspect isn’t in custody (or dead but that doesn’t sound likely given they appear to have no idea of a suspect at this point) then that is exactly what is happening IMO. They need to get this wrapped up quickly, because how is there not currently a massive risk to the public? Unless they absolutely know who did it, I’m sure they’re not going to tell us and we will possibly be blindsided by an arrest. But until that happens, you’re definitely not going to sit here and tell me that someone heinously murders 4 young people and it was a targeted or isolated incident like they couldn’t or wouldn’t do it again. How do they know there isn’t someone else they may have it in for enough to want to murder them too?
JMO and all that.

Last edited:
So, was there an unconscious person at the scene, who then died? Or they were assumed to be just unconscious, but were actually in fact deceased? I’m confused.
many theories on this, I think someone returned home or came to the house entered and saw a person down, or looked through a door or window maybe door open and saw a person down and called police, not knowing if they were breathing or not ... then the authorities arrived and found the others..... that is my thought on it...

So, was there an unconscious person at the scene, who then died? Or they were assumed to be just unconscious, but were actually in fact deceased? I’m confused.
Without hearing the 911 call, we have to guess. I think maybe someone reported that someone was injured and unresponsive, and this was documented as an "unconscious" person.

From the article: "Four University of Idaho students found dead in an off-campus home were targeted, and the killer or killers used a knife or other “edged weapon” in the attack, police said Tuesday..."

Police have stated that they believe the four students were "targeted" and that the murder weapon was a "knife" or other "edged weapon" (which could mean a hatchet, machete, etc.)

Those facts stand out to me. According to FBI data, murder with a knife is relatively unusual in the U.S., comprising about 10-11% of murders.

Since four people were killed, this case also constitutes a case of mass murder, defined as, "...the killing of three or more people at one time and in one location."

I don't know of any data on mass murder by weapon, but the available information on mass murder in the United States indicates that guns (handguns, rifles, shotguns) are by far the most common means of committing mass murder in the U.S. In contrast, in countries that have strict gun controls, mass stabbings are probably more common, though mass stabbings are very rare anywhere in the world.

So this case is very unusual because of: 1) the number killed; 2) the weapon; 3) the "targeting".

I think the apparent identity of the victims and the location of the crime also seem unusual: four seemingly upper-middle class students (judging by their Instagram profiles and feeds) in a far west college town with a relatively low rate of violent crime.

Based on those facts, my guess is that this was a crime of passion rather than a robbery gone bad.

I hate to think of this, but I think the easiest way for a perp to take down 4 adults with a knife and get all four is to cut their throats while they slept, it has happened in several other crimes of note.
Easier still if they had been drinking that night, as college kids tend to do.

When something like this happens my mind immediately shoots to Meth...

a person(s) freaking out and killing people for no apparent reason except in their own messed up head.

Targeting 4 people is getting to the Wagner family killings (tho no meth in that one I don't think) area IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname