ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in HVAC somewhere. His apartment or the school (but guessing his apartment since there are fewer cameras there). I don’t think he just dumped it out the window as he was driving somewhere. Hard to get rid of it if dad’s with him heading home. MOO
Remember the HVAC company at the house? Also didn’t BK go to some kind of HVAC program years ago?
I’m not sure if this has been posted since the threads are moving so fast but it appears that him and his father were pulled over twice in a row in Indiana while driving to Pennsylvania.

That attorney sure is chatty.

Pure speculation.

If BK is" looking forward to exonerating himself.

Do you think he went to one of the parties.. blended in as best he could. Toured the whole house ( to get his bearingS). so was in each room ( far fetched.. ?) . IF LE has an item that they found in his apartment that belonged to one of the victims , he can claim he was given it? Took it at the party? Can confirm by witnesses that he was there? WHAT IF the item is on social media photo shares and it precedes the crime and ALSO precedes this party visit. I am creating, probably silly, as a theory as part of his exonerating defense

All the above is MO Speculation.. jelly bean theory.

Hope , as he is LE's only suspect, that his DNA is layered on top of the crime and directly connected to their bodies , no door nobs.. surfaces..etc This DNA comment is based on an entry here at Websleuths from a DNA scientist who stated that the DNA would have to come from the direct contact with the victims. I am sorry I have no link and should have saved, thus it is just fluff but it seemed logical.
MOO

thoughts?

some info about the Latah County prosecutor. Interesting guy.

Sounds like a really good small town guy however I was mildly disappointed to not see that plays Santa around the holidays.

I am just returning to this site. Not here since Jon-Benet. I want to congratulate the Moscow PD for early calling in help from FBI and others so that this case can be solved. Seems like brilliant work all around from all those involved. So many times I have seen egos and turf wars get in the way of cooperation. Much respect to all involved in working to solve this horrendous crime.
Welcome back. Great 'first" post!!!

The hubcap difference between 2013 and 2015 is substantial.
Maybe he had a set of 2013s he used that night to undermine identication.
I think some are giving him way too much credit
He had a rep of a guy who is rude to women and has a temper Fox 29 Philly
He drove a white car at night around the crime scene to case it out, and was seen
He drove this white car past home cameras and gas station cameras
He left his DNA at the crime scene
He lived 10 min away
He drove this same car on campus

He left a series of ’research’ questions to help him ’learn’ how to do crime? Weird

He got caught because he left a wake of evidence, despite having degrees in CJ?

I’m guessing there is also phone pings and digital footprint evidence, and then he likely went to the restaurant or bars where these girls went so he was seen and known to be a jerk.

He is not some criminal mastermind like so many are thinking
I think he was tipped in by a classmate or prof

JMO

Last edited:
Thinking back to pre-arrest discussions, LE was asking for information about the white car the day of the murders and in the days before , if I recall correctly. I wonder if this means he was stalking the victims and/or casing the house before he finally decided to strike? If so, I wonder why he decided that night was the night? JMO
My 2 cents. They suspected he was stalking then because they eliminated all 'usual suspects' from theur inner circles and considered the murder to be a stranger-killer', so they were looking for a stalker with a car.

Why that night? We do not know. Perhaps he was on Numerology? Stars told him the Night is Tonight? My guess is that the choice of night was related to K being back in the town, but this is pure speculation. Or perhaps knowing that there was an important game in the city that afternoon he was hoping that more people than usual will be out and he will hide in the crowd easier? Only there were no crowds at 3 am and his car was spotted.

OK....so did BK ORIGINALLY DRIVE OUT to WA alone??? If so...why did he need assistance driving back?
Here's a thought I've had... My dad is retired, LOVES road trips of any kind. Could BK's father be like this too? Maybe the idea of flying out and doing the long drive with his son was something that he felt would be of interest. Certainly would break up the monotony of his everyday life. Eating at restaurants and driving cross country would be fun for a retired guy?

LaBar did state the father and son duo were pulled over twice in Indiana during the trip to Pennsylvania. He also said he was not sure who had been driving.
"I don't know whether they were speeding or not or if they were even issued a ticket," LaBar said. "I just know that they were pulled over in Indiana almost back to back. I believe once for speeding and once for falling too closely to a car in front of them."

Where is "Attorney / Client Priveledge". Lebar sure seems to be talking an aweful lot.

Yes, I am shocked about that. Turning online rumours into facts. If they are indeed facts - could be - that won't come out until hearings and trial etc. (Sorry I may not be using the correct legal terminology, but hope you all know what I mean.)
Journalism these days is scouring social media posts.. they never investigate or search or produce new information or verify sources.. Such a shame because it's so dull now..

The suspect seems to be what I think of as a "professional student".

His undergrad path seems fairly normal. Then he obtains a masters degree right after that, also fairly normal. Then, he immediately enters a PhD program. Why not go straight to the PhD program and skip the masters? At no time during his journey did he seem to get any real world experience in criminal justice (at least not until last week). I doubt a school security guard really counts as criminal justice experience.

I bring this up because I have known a number of people who seem to stay in school because they aren't ready for the real world. Most people I know with PhD's had a goal in mind before staring those programs. I wonder what his long-term plan was? Did he even have one.

He seems to be smart enough to progress through school, but I have seen nothing so far to suggest he is a criminal mastermind or genius. I have yet to see any peer-reviewed articles listing him as an author/co-author.

After reading a bit more about suspect. You would think that pHd student in criminology would not leave evidence to get caught quickly.
He isn’t as smart as he think he is.
And that is what I believe hurts him the most now, getting caught and realising that he isn’t as smart. All ImO

wow

LaBar did state the father and son duo were pulled over twice in Indiana during the trip to Pennsylvania. He also said he was not sure who had been driving.

"I don't know whether they were speeding or not or if they were even issued a ticket," LaBar said. "I just know that they were pulled over in Indiana almost back to back. I believe once for speeding and once for falling too closely to a car in front of them."

unfortunately the link returns an ' Access Denied' message. ( US readers only?)
If there's any more detail on the pull-overs can somebody paste a couple of sentences

Throwing in my 2 cents as a vegetarian... I checked their menu online, and it though it does say "ask about our vegan/vegetarian options" Greek food is not generally a good choice for a vegan especially - though most dishes could be made without meat, there is a lot of cheese/eggs used that would not be suitable for a vegan. FWIW, MOO

All Middle Eastern and Asian countries were originally really plant based (i.e lots of plant based fasting, and no Korean BBQ!.) Greek food does have lots of veggie and vegan options.

I think some are giving him way too much credit
He had a rep of a guy who is rude to women and has a temper Fox 29 Philly
He drove a white car at night around the crime scene to case it out, and was seen
He drove this white car past home cameras and gas station cameras
He left his DNA at the crime scene
He lived 10 min away
He drove this same car on campus

He left a series of ’research’ questions to help him ’learn’ how to do crime? Weird

He got caught because he left a wake of evidence, despite having degrees in CJ?

I’m guessing there is also phone pings and digital footprint evidence, and then he likely went to the restaurant or bars where these girls went so he was seen and known to be a jerk.

He is not some criminal mastermind like so many are thinking
I think he was tipped in by a classmate or prof

JMO
All true. When i looked up Elantras, the difference between a 2015 and 2013 was immediately obvious, so hoping there is an explanation for the specific police request for model years.

'I watched your live (stream) earlier this afternoon, and been watching this one, and I uh- the thing that strikes me as kind of weird about all of this is, I live in a college town, and I've worked with at least ten Sigma Chi members.

The person then went on to shockingly claim that 'every single one of them has asked me if you are gonna kill somebody how would you get away with it.'

The bizarre statement appears to catch the host off-guard, but the caller - who speaks in a breathy, rambling voice - proceeds, offering a strange theory of his own.

'And, I just wonder if, maybe, just maybe, this is nothing more than some kid in a fraternity trying to prove himself.'

The podcaster at this point stops the caller, and attempts to ascertain the situation.

'So you said you worked with five Sigma Chi kids, and they asked you if you can kill somebody and get away with it? Did I hear that right?' he asks.

'Yeah,' the caller, who former classmate Arntz later insisted is Kohbergerm responds.
Friend of suspect murderer claims podcast caller IS Bryan Kohberger

I would not be surprised if it was BK that called in to the podcast. If so it will be revealed eventually as the case heads toward prosecution. It would track for what I believe about his personality type if he wanted to deflect attention towards a culture he simultaneously envied and disparaged. Those haves, who have it so easy, those frat boys who get all the girls and attention while he, and his brilliant mind are ignored, invisible, except for when people note and call attention to his social awkwardness in negative ways.

Someone has convinced him he is brilliant, and the media seems convinced. He cannot be.
A smart kid takes advanced courses in high school, receives a scholarship, graduates with a bachelors at 21 like Kaylee. and could do masters at 23, PhD by 25
Not genius to earn a MA at 28, he is FIVE years behind peers
This means he has always been one of the oldest in his college classes, he doesn’t fit

Snipped for focus.

I think you're using older stats. This wasn't true in 2022. As someone affiliated with a med school, I know our average age and the average age of med students nationwide is trending older. Same is true of graduate students in general.

Based on the above and what I've also linked below, it seems students take some time off before going to graduate school. I know this is true for med school. Some reasons, IMO, is work experience, paying off some undergraduate loans, getting started in their career field, starting a family, etc.

In BK's case, it could just be that he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life. But I think he was likely surrounded by his peers age-wise in graduate school. He isn't behind by any means, according to the stats.

"According to research from the Council of Graduate Schools, the average age of graduate students in the U.S. is 33 years old. This number has remained stagnant over the past few decades, going back to the ’90s. Their study shows that 22% of graduate students are over 40 years old; of this number, 14% are between the ages of 40 and 50, while 8% are older than 50 years old."

I myself wondering if the facial differences also touched on the neighbor that claimed he was up at all hours cleaning. IMO, that could be drug use. I could be completely wrong, but it does also fit with many of the comments by former classmates mentioned on numerous threads here (angry, looking for a fight). Not substantiated as there can be many other causes- All MOO, JMO, IMO. (I unfortunately have known many addicted in the past as well and the signs can be telling and usually are very similar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$