ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure they have a camera on him recording 24 hours a day, so maybe he is just facing away from the camera to be defiant or he thinks thats in his best interest. And "not talking" certainly is in his own best interest...
Following him to make sure he didn't get away and maybe to get a DNA sample from a discarded cup or tissue?

Yes. That’s why I said he’s done between the car, house, all of it. I’m saying in addition to the crime scene, one would assume the victims’ cross transfer of dna is in his apt and car etc. I was asking if it’s possible he used chemicals from school to clean up his apt and car, etc, and really limit what they can get.
Did he dispose of his bloody things at college dumpsters close by?

I find it really disturbing how some seem quick to blame BK's parents by speculating that they coddled him, told him he could do no wrong, etc., when AFAIK there have been zero reports of them doing so.

<modsnip - referenced posts snipped>

No sane person will ever understand what prompted him to slaughter 4 people because one can not rationalize the irrational.

I am intrigued to learn whether he studied what he is or if he became what he studied. I believe the latter. When you stare into the abyss, it stares back at you.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOO, and my own thoughts.
Even before the crimes he was acting tired and worn out. I don't know if it was because he was obsessed with thoughts to do these horrible crimes. He might've been having a hard time keeping his mind on his studies because he was intrusively preoccupied with seething thoughts. So tired before the crimes... very interested to learn if he was targeting one of them, and watching and waiting.

snipped and BBM. I believe he was looking tired due to using all his free time stalking them, or one of them. Imagine how exhausting that would be?

I find it really disturbing how some seem quick to blame BK's parents by speculating that they coddled him, told him he could do no wrong, etc., when AFAIK there have been zero reports of them doing so.
We have very little information about his family life or parents. People jump to conclusions and are so quick to blame.

Great question, why Nov 13? Chosen for a date?

Maybe it was because he was a student, and Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays coming up
Those holidays may slow things down, I think it may have by making witnesses more difficult to reach?

Could be a connection to Kaylee and her coming back to Moscow?

JMO
Yes, would be interesting to know why Nov 13. I believe BK’d bday was a week or so later so could be related to that, or not at all. If I were the psychologist interviewing him I’d ask “why Nov 13 and not a few days or weeks earlier? Why not the next day?”
Also, in academia we often say that our research is really “me-search.” BK is an obvious case of that - he also used the survey questions to develop an emotional blue print for his murders. He lacks emotions and filled in that gap by getting the emotional descriptions from others who had killed people.

I had to go back several threads to your post but it made an impression on me, and you weren’t the only one who questioned the survey, many online questioned whether it was approved or something he just did on his own outside of class.
His instructor for that (online) class has now spoken to the Daily Mail defending the survey as perfectly normal.

A professor at DeSales University, where Kohberger earned his masters in criminal justice, told the Daily Mail he was “one of my best students ever” and said she was “shocked as s**t at what he's been accused of.”

Bolger says she was one of his professors who helped him with his proposal for a graduate thesis including what many have termed an unusual research questionnaire.

'I was one of the professors who helped Bryan with his proposal on his graduate thesis, his capstone project. He did put out a routine questionnaire for his thesis. It looks weird, I understand from the public view. But in criminology it's normal.'

'It's a criminology theory called script theory, it's a normal theory on how and why criminals commit their crime, etc.'

Bolger said, Bryan didn't even end up using any of the data he gleaned from the questionnaire, 'you aren't going to find it anywhere.'

Instead, she said, because he ran out of time, 'his graduate thesis was a narrative one based on the information.'
IMO, BK possibly did use the data he gleaned from the questionnaire, he used it to help him commit the crimes, if he is the one.

He definitely appears like he uses drugs and his actions also support that, but I was thinking more prescription type drugs.

However I could be wrong, and he’s just like that normally…even scarier.

I agree, it's an unforced error and it will be a reasonable doubt bonus for the defense at trial.

It’s definitely a mystery to us, but I’m not ready to say that it’s an unforced error. We don’t know yet the significance of the car. And other factors could make the misidentification moot.

(For example, let’s imagine that forensic examination of the car finds traces of the victim’s blood in the seams of the upholstery. At that point, the misidentification is meaningless.)

MOO and pure speculation

To me, its been fairly clear, in my opinion only, that this was completely made up as a way to seem tough after being away/not seeing someone. I've definitely seen this exact thing done by folks who crave attention, and want to feel above others. If he lost an extreme amount of weight due to illness, or illness related symptoms, it wouldn't surprise me to see him claim it was something he felt was more "alpha" than being 'sick'.
What if the rehab wasn’t a rehab at all, but a hospital that he had been in? Could he have had mental health issues and been away for a time? If someone asked, maybe BK would decide to say he had a drug problem, especially if he thought a peer group might be more understanding of that. The person also stated she unwittingly drove him around in search of drugs one day. Maybe he just wanted to drive around with her, and created a ruse where he got in and out of the car to make it seem like he had a purpose.

<modsnip - off topic vegan discussion that had nothing to do with this case>

As far as his extreme weight loss, I do wonder if BK maybe had some sort of disordered eating (instead of a heroin addiction) and used his very strict vegan policies to cover it up a bit. It wouldn't surprise me, especially if he was bullied/mocked for being heavy in the past.

Just my personal opinion and 2 cents worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, would be interesting to know why Nov 13. I believe BK’d bday was a week or so later so could be related to that, or not at all. If I were the psychologist interviewing him I’d ask “why Nov 13 and not a few days or weeks earlier? Why not the next day?”
Also, in academia we often say that our research is really “me-search.” BK is an obvious case of that - he also used the survey questions to develop an emotional blue print for his murders. He lacks emotions and filled in that gap by getting the emotional descriptions from others who had killed people.
Wonder if he followed his horoscope or moon signs anything occult that made that date the one he wanted?

Is BK being extradited today? Is there still a hearing scheduled tomorrow?

Agree. I doubt the addiction story myself. He's reported to have gotten good grades, and a heroin addict probably wouldn't.
Nobody who actually knew him has said his heroin addiction was recent. I see no reason to doubt the multiple people who said he was addicted in high school and that after he got clean he ended up having a solid academic career. One of the top academic performers in my grad school cohort had nearly flunked out of his undergrad program for alcoholism but had gotten sober. I don't see this being any different. MOO

I'm really curious about the drive back to Penn, and wondering if getting pulled over twice in Indiana, almost back to back police pullovers, has anything to do with multi-jurisdiction LE surveillance working together, and Indiana LE instructed to try and inconspicuously get a DNA lift from the suspect while pulled over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea