ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been pointed out but if not I will because it is certainly noticeable to me. (from link below)

WHAT DO WE NOT SEE HERE ?

View attachment 391765.

I see no scratches whatsoever. No claw marks, no gouges. Nothing but a slight redness at the very top of the throat. Even under large magnification nothing is visible. The time since November 13th would not be enough to heal any significant mark completely.

We know that the reference "some" of the victims had defensive wounds has always been used. Some is certainly more than one--it could be 2, 3 or all 4. One of the things I HIGHLY doubt is that none of the girls would have attempted to scratch his face in their struggle to avoid death. And the fingernails of females can do significant damage.

So this means that there cannot be any hoped-for skin cells at least from his face under their fingernails because there is no evidence of where it could have originated. The prosecution cannot merely speculate that he covered his face with a mask, the defense lawyer would force them to produce evidence of it.

If the rest of his body looks like this and if they cannot find that mask or prove one was used, this is a problem for the prosecution. It is certainly a factor which is exculpatory.

I think the confusion is what defense wounds could mean or not mean.
If I defend myself, I have wounds on forearms and hands as I cover my face and head, chest.

Many have stated and hoped that those able to defend themselves also did attack him and caused him to have wounds on his face, neck, chest, arms. That is offense- IMO
He may have cuts or scratches on his hands or arms= he may have cut himself.
In addition to wounds there could be other evidence
- weapon is found in his apartment,
- receipt or info of credit card transaction of purchase of a fixed blade hunting type knife
- DNA at the crime scene will be conclusive,
- digital footprint
- car observed on cameras
I’m thinking there will be plenty evidence that cannot be explained away

JMO

I don't know if this has been pointed out but if not I will because it is certainly noticeable to me. (from link below)

WHAT DO WE NOT SEE HERE ?

View attachment 391765.

I see no scratches whatsoever. No claw marks, no gouges. Nothing but a slight redness at the very top of the throat. Even under large magnification nothing is visible. The time since November 13th would not be enough to heal any significant mark completely.

We know that the reference "some" of the victims had defensive wounds has always been used. Some is certainly more than one--it could be 2, 3 or all 4. One of the things I HIGHLY doubt is that none of the girls would have attempted to scratch his face in their struggle to avoid death. And the fingernails of females can do significant damage.

So this means that there cannot be any hoped-for skin cells at least from his face under their fingernails because there is no evidence of where it could have originated. The prosecution cannot merely speculate that he covered his face with a mask, the defense lawyer would force them to produce evidence of it.

If the rest of his body looks like this and if they cannot find that mask or prove one was used, this is a problem for the prosecution. It is certainly a factor which is exculpatory.

Sadly enough, ‘defensive wounds’ do not mean that the victim made a successful attack on the attacker. It’s more likely to be cuts on the hands and arms of the victim from trying to fend off the knife, or shield oneself from the attack.

MOO

Last edited:
Maybe I’m going out on a limb here, it I’m now wondering if everything he has done so far has included at least one small detail or action that was done by every serial killer that he has studied.( similar to the movie ‘Copy Cat’ where killer killed multiple times but each kill was coppied from another killer).

Does anyone here at WS know of any infamous killer/s who acted like this after capture?

Just curious
…almost forgot, just in case it isn’t obvious this is ALL MY OPINION

It's been like 5 weeks or something right? Unless you have some serious disease, chronic illness or are quite old, stuff can and will heal in much less time.

Totally disagree. If there had been any significant claw or scratch mark, it would not look like there had been no evidence of it at all 5 weeks ago. Something would still be apparent.

However, I think classmates, professors, etc. would definitely have seen any were they on his face.
Agreed. I assume as a PhD student in criminology BK would have good forensic awareness and, if planning a violent crime, would take basic precautions to limit the amount of DNA evidence left behind. Mask, gloves, and full coverage of arms.

She said that the guard repeatedly told BK to pull up his pants.
Maybe he's losing it, cuz it's not all turning out like he planned.

It must be alarming to basically be kept in a cage with no free will, no natural light, none of the creature comforts you're used to, with a bunch of other caged humans nearby making noise you can't escape & being poked & prodded by guards & minders when you're not used to it, especially if you're a "control freak".

Realize he may not be doing anything in custody & DM's source got it wrong. Just pointing out some criminals don't realize that they would have a hard time surviving mentally in a jail/prison environment until they're in it, and they freak out.

JMO

Fly
Maybe a private jet.

Jmo

Oh, yeah. Handcuff that bad boy to the US Marshals for the private Federal flight to the scene of the crime: Idaho

We'll give him a speedy trial. He will not outwit our law enforcement or anyone in the DA's office. He doesn't possess the charm that Bundy did.

In general, I think municipalities prefer conducting the trials, seeking justice, for the deaths of four innocent victims, in the county where the crimes occurred. Those citizens of Moscow want to judge the defendant and render the verdict as to his guilt or innocence. It is their right. If special judges and death penalty qualified lawyers are required, bring them to the city of Moscow for the duration of the trial. omhoo

I don’t believe he would have even had a lawyer when he made that statement, unless he asked the question several hours after being arrested.
His lawyer made the statment when asked about it later. I searched for thirty minutes to find it, its buried in the gazillions of stories somewhere. Maybe someone else here has it bookmarked?

It's been like 5 weeks or something right? Unless you have some serious disease, chronic illness or are quite old, stuff can and will heal in much less time.
Very true. It really depends on the individual. I had an outdoor abandoned cat freak out on me week before Christmas when I put his bowl of food out and he bit me hard on the foot (puncture wounds) and scratched my ankles with his hind legs. It’s was nasty, but just about completely healed and I am not young or the picture of health.

I haven’t been on this thread in a day or two, but I’m sure it’s been noticed …BK looks like he’s had his nose broken more than once,

here we go:

if he actually said this , it's a confession no?
From your link:
  • Kohberger was arrested on Friday following a month-long investigation into the murders of four University of Idaho students
  • Inmate VC, 50, tells DailyMail.com that Kohberger tried to expose himself to her while she was in a cell close to him at the Monroe County Jail
  • VC, who was held for six hours on a domestic violence charge, said Kohberger taunted guards, saying they were too scared to go in his cell
  • 'You come in here and I'll cut you,' Kohberger allegedly yelled at one guard. 'I'm going to pee on your face. Do what you want me with I don't give a s**t'
  • Kohberger has been charged with four counts of first degree murder and is due to be back in court in Pennsylvania on Tuesday before extradition to Idaho

still surprised that genetic genealogy may have actually played a part all the way back in November!
I too am surprised to hear that genealogy DNA databases are used as soon as a crime has been committed. Until now, I've only heard of using that data in cold cases.

Makes sense to use it right away ... why wait for the case to be cold?

This makes a difference for everyone who has submitted their DNA to databanks for reasons of curiosity. From now on, their descendants are traceable ... and it's one more crime prevention tool.

Drawing from questions in the prior thread about an Idaho defense team for BK, I think it safe to say whether the death penalty is sought or not, Latah County will most likely be required to contract with a private lawyer for BK, paid for by the county.

Latah County has previously been under fire before by the ACLU after state counties were not consistent with how public defenders are provided for indigent defendants.

"We just have a variety of different systems at the counties, without necessarily sufficient support from the state when it comes to resources or even having a standard system ... to ensure they are actually delivering fair justice to those they represent," he said.

According to the lawsuit, only seven of Idaho's 44 counties have public defender's offices, two small counties share an office and one county, Washington, doesn't even have an office or a contract for indigent defense.

The other 34 counties provide indigent defense under a contract with a defense attorney or firm. Nineteen of those counties - including Latah County - operate under fixed-fee contracts, despite that practice being banned since 2014.

"Public defenders are financed by the county, and I think we have provided very exemplary service to those who need it," Latah County Commissioner Richard Walser said. "I am not at all saying that's spread over the whole state, though. There is a huge variance in what is being done."

[..]

Sounds like Latah County needs to think very hard about getting good representation for BK, especially if these end up being DP charges (I assume they are). Surely the county prosecutor and the state AG realize how badly it reflects on them if BK ends up getting a favorable judgment on appeal if they didn't provide adequate qualified counsel. It's a no-brainer, JMO.

Can't forget that DM pays for information!

And what better candidate than the just released FEMALE inmate-- allegedly sharing a cell block with a notorious, MALE inmate. :rolleyes:
Maybe they did share the same cell block...According to this 2005 article ALL inmates share the same block for the first 48 hours which it sounds like both would have been in. Yes, it is old but I can't find anything more current.

maybe insufficient

Jo Scott Morgan also having a pop at this reporter here
We'll find out in time. I don't think it's too crazy to assume a positive correlation between advanced studies in criminology and forensic awareness, though. Saying he has forensic awareness is not saying he's an expert in forensics. It's saying he would understand how forensic evidence has been/is used to investigate crimes and would have adapted his planning based on that understanding.

From your link:
  • Kohberger was arrested on Friday following a month-long investigation into the murders of four University of Idaho students
  • Inmate VC, 50, tells DailyMail.com that Kohberger tried to expose himself to her while she was in a cell close to him at the Monroe County Jail
  • VC, who was held for six hours on a domestic violence charge, said Kohberger taunted guards, saying they were too scared to go in his cell
  • 'You come in here and I'll cut you,' Kohberger allegedly yelled at one guard. 'I'm going to pee on your face. Do what you want me with I don't give a s**t'
  • Kohberger has been charged with four counts of first degree murder and is due to be back in court in Pennsylvania on Tuesday before extradition to Idaho
Brian Entin tweeted that the story is untrue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member