ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only ONE logical reason I can think of for the police to have said the public was not in danger--and that is if they had the person they thought committed the crime in custody. Perhaps holding him on other charges but working toward getting the evidence they needed to charge him for the murders.

I can think of no other honest reason for them to have made that claim. It could be that someone took it upon themselves to want to calm the public down--but if they didn't have someone in custody--a serial killer was loose, and they did the wrong thing. A very wrong thing.

While part of me wants to believe what LE says, I have that niggling feeling that someone on that force is more interested in controlling the narrative than being forthcoming.

My hope is that the FBI is playing a leading role in this investigation.

IMO, BK may have given E and X a ride home perhaps?
It does not make sense and contradicts the known facts.

1. If he was just a driver for X and E, why he would be still in the area 2 hours later driving around? How did they know him? PhD student working in his spare time as taxi driver, really?

2. How to explain his DNA at the crime scene if he was just a driver?

3. Why he did not come forward to say i was driving the couple just like the driver who picked up M and K from the grub track did?

Last edited:
Speculation on my part:

First I apologize if this has.been discussed. I’m several pages behind the active posts/ page.

I’m reading discussions about the JBOX meal, thinking about DNA, X and E’s timeline, discussions about car with possible DNA inside. Thinking about these pieces lead into this speculation:

Is it possible that BK was driver for food delivery or in some way got X and E into his car to deliver them with the food? Or any combination of the above. Deliver food; deliver food with one victim or both victims. Then possibly waiting around to get into the home later?

He could possibly try to use that as a reason for their DNA in his car, or on the food bag or being near their home.

ALL SPECULATION AND OPINION ON MY PART. Just typing out loud as ‘food for thought’

No need to disagree. Scroll by if needed.
That's a decent theory.

There is only ONE logical reason I can think of for the police to have said the public was not in danger--and that is if they had the person they thought committed the crime in custody. Perhaps holding him on other charges but working toward getting the evidence they needed to charge him for the murders.

I can think of no other honest reason for them to have made that claim. It could be that someone took it upon themselves to want to calm the public down--but if they didn't have someone in custody--a serial killer was loose, and they did the wrong thing. A very wrong thing.

While part of me wants to believe what LE says, I have that niggling feeling that someone on that force is more interested in controlling the narrative than being forthcoming.

My hope is that the FBI is playing a leading role in this investigation.

That is the one thing that threw me off. They initially said the public was safe. I for sure thought they had an idea who did it and that it was a targeted crime of passion. Since it turned out to be this sadist, psychopathic killer, I’m speechless that they would make that claim. I’m also disappointed that the reporter who interviewed chief Frye after bk was caught didn’t bring this up.

IMO, BK may have given E and X a ride home perhaps?
Maybe. Maybe there was an argument or altercation, and BK went back? Maybe BK wasn't alone when he went back?

We should know more soon.

That is the one thing that threw me off. They initially said the public was safe. I for sure thought they had an idea who did it and that it was a targeted crime of passion. Since it turned out to be this sadist, psychopathic killer, I’m speechless that they would make that claim. I’m also disappointed that the reporter who interviewed chief Frye after bk was caught didn’t bring this up.

I think they lost some credibility by making that claim. I know it left me feeling uneasy. And then, they doubled down on the claim.

As you say, if it turns out that BK is the killer, what a huge mistake LE made when they told the public they were safe. Now we hear he wasn't even on their radar until 4 days before they arrested him.

It makes me question if they have the right guy even now, and I don't want to feel that way. I'm really looking forward to seeing the charging evidence, so I can feel reassured the threat is really over.

Logged back in after a long weekend away , to all this news :)

I want to say something that is kind to everyone , but all I feel like saying is this =
Yes. Just yes.

If I could hug LE I would.

If the suspect turns out to be the person who did do it, what a waste of a promising life. Born in the richest country in the world, with all the advantages of life before you , family seems regular, so you were not the most popular in HS, but nothing justifies taking four young lives, for what, academic interest in the perfect crime ? Hurt ego from being turned down ? they were barely adult and had their lives taken.

I think they lost some credibility by making that claim. I know it left me feeling uneasy. And then, they doubled down on the claim.

As you say, if it turns out that BK is the killer, what a huge mistake LE made when they told the public they were safe. Now we hear he wasn't even on their radar until 4 days before they arrested him.

It makes me question if they have the right guy even now, and I don't want to feel that way. I'm really looking forward to seeing the charging evidence, so I can feel reassured the threat is really over.

'Now we hear he wasn't even on their radar until 4 days before they arrested him.'

No, they did not say that. They never said yer since when he was on their radar.

It may surprise you when they do.

You may find out that he was POI weeks before he was arrested and as a POI he undoubtedly was under surveillance when he was still in Pullman, before he travelled to Pennsylvania. LE watched him, that is why they said it was safe. And they were not wrong, after all. He did not kill anyone else. Nit even close, right?

LE and FBI did a marvelous job!

I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but gives good insight into how someone can function on heroin. Inside the secret lives of functioning heroin addicts | CNN
It can sometimes be easy to picture a drug user in the severe range but often they aren't (heroin or other drugs).

And this is interesting in relation to his perceived energy levels:

Kohberger’s behaviour noticeably changed after the murders of four University of Idaho students, a former classmate has revealed — describing how he went from “perpetually exhausted” to “chattier.”

Benjamin Roberts, a fellow doctoral student at Washington State University, said accused killer Bryan Kohberger became “chattier” after the murders of four University of Idaho students.

“I did notice he was showing up to class a little late sometimes, he always had a coffee in hand, he always seemed to be just perpetually exhausted,” Benjamin Roberts, a fellow grad student at Washington State University in Pullman, told NewsNation.

“Bryan seemed like he was on the knife’s edge between exhaustion and worn out and at the time it was extremely difficult to tell which was which,” he told the outlet.

BBM
Interesting that this classmate would use the phrase “on the knife’s edge” given the totality of circumstances.

'Now we hear he wasn't even on their radar until 4 days before they arrested him.'

No, they did not say that. They never said yer since when he was on their radar.

It may surprise you when they do.

You may find out that he was POI weeks before he was arrested and as a POI he undoubtedly was under surveillance when he was still in Pullman, before he travelled to Pennsylvania. LE watched him, that is why they said it was safe. And they were not wrong, after all. He did not kill anyone else. Nit even close, right?

LE and FBI did a marvelous job!
I stand corrected. They "surveilled" the house four days prior to the arrest. You could be right -- he may have been a POI for weeks.

I'm still leery of the local police, however, due to their early claim that the public was safe.

Yep. I'm guessing commercial flight, special arrangements, federal marshals. And I'll bet the farm that he arrives safely in Moscow without escaping.
I had several clients, whom experienced US Marshall transportation. They were driven to airports, boarded AWAY from other passengers, onto private contract or government planes. Most were in large jets, stopping at several airports, taking new passengers, and removing others. This is a daily service, transporting prisioners to hearings, prison/jail transfers, and extradited. A client made 6 stops from Connecticut to Virginia, transferred to VA US Marshalls and driven 120 miles for her court appearance.

Prisoner Transportation​

Description
In 1995, the air fleets of the Marshals Service and the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement merged to create the Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System (JPATS). The merger created a more efficient and effective system for transporting prisoners and criminal aliens.
Managed by the Marshals Service, Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System is one of the largest transporters of prisoners in the world - handling about 715 requests every day to move prisoners between judicial districts, correctional institutions and foreign countries.
On average, Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System completes over 260,000 prisoner/alien movements per year. A network of aircraft, cars, vans and buses accomplishes these coordinated movements. Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System operates a fleet of aircraft which moves prisoners over long distances more economically and with higher security than commercial airlines.
Nearly all air movements are done aboard large and small jets that Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System owns or leases. Ground transportation is usually provided by the Marshals Service and the Bureau of Prisons. Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System is the only government-operated, regularly scheduled passenger airline in the nation.
Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System routinely serves approximately 42 domestic and international cities, plus other major cities in the United States on an as-required basis. Detailed itineraries are required to ensure that each prisoner appears in court at a designated time. All scheduling is handled at Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System headquarters, located in Kansas City, Missouri. The Air fleet operations center is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma with a hub in Las Vegas.

Not directing this post at anyone particular but just because I’m ecstatic for justice to be served(which will take awhile, I know), I am and will be judging the crap out of BK! When LE stated they don’t want just an arrest but a conviction, I felt that so deep and I believe it wholeheartedly. This case has shook that small college town to the core and LE is coming in guns blazing. I truly believe a few things just happened to fall into place easier than expected, faster than expected and that my friend, is good ol karma!!! I’ll be judging and smirking on this guy for years to come. I am that confident we have the right guy! IMO
Agree. In my mind and in moo, he’s guilty as sin.

Link? I didn’t think it sounded accurate based on BK’s lawyer’s comments, but that’s kind of crazy to lie and put your face in the media like that!
Maybe she was just mistaken, not lying.

Brian Entin tweeted that when he checked on the story, he was told the inmate who was ranting and exposing himself was a different inmate. (The relevant tweet is posted somewhere earlier in this thread.)

Knowing that BK was in that jail somewhere, the source may have merely assumed the "crazy inmate" must be the suspected killer. Seems like she should have asked a guard, but I've never been to jail and don't know the protocols.

I'd like to get some of your thoughts on this.

So, i'm a movie guy. I've watched some of the great actors. Nicholson, De Niro, Hoffman, Brando, Betty Davis etc.

It's been said that an actor can be so intertwined with their character that they become that character and are locked in with the thoughts, mood, personality and disposition of the character they are portraying. It can take it's toll if the character is very complex and certainly if it's a very depressing, moody character. Now what if this guy Bryan had some kind of psychopath disposition but as a student in criminology was so in tune with thinking the way a homicidal criminal thinks that he became that homicidal criminal? Without the latter he would not be what he is today. Not all psychopaths are into criminology. Do you think he always thought about killing and naturally gravitated towards criminology because of that? Going to school for criminology almost implies that you're working to be on the right side of the law rather than the wrong side of it....I would think.

It's like, why go to school and spend all that time and effort just to throw it away killing people in the manner that he did?....unless the constant exposure to the criminal mind + the underlying psychopathy pushed him over the edge into the evil realm.

There's so many facts and info to be learned yet regarding the suspect and the question might be premature but just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on this.
Interesting questions.
Just on the question related to a comparison with method acting - chicken or the egg?

I'm not going to add any more because I can see posters have been troubled by discussion of many elements which might be signposts en route to this heinous conclusion and also, afaik, we don't have a verified forensic psych on the thread. I've edited out all the rest of my post re why, perhaps, he was drawn to these subjects & the snippets we've been told about his career goals over the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid