ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me he is charged with burglary. I wonder what he took with him? I assume he took something with him from the house.
SBM
He has been charged with felony burglary. As was explained by at least one poster on here just after the charge came out, that charge does not mean he took anything from the property. It's because he came onto the property with intent to commit a felony. Or maybe even just he came onto the property and then committed a felony. idk if 'intent' has to be part of it.

MOO on my definition of felony burglary

ETA: for further interest check p.36 on this thread - there are a number of posts explaining this better than I've done!

There are plenty of killers who won't kill pets and love their own pets but will kill people. The family of 4 in Ohio who killed a family of 8 people were described by their pastor as people who "wept over dogs." They left all the guard dogs alive at the 4 murder scenes and had pet dogs of their own.

This reminds me he is charged with burglary. I wonder what he took with him? I assume he took something with him from the house.

He has been charged with four counts of first-degree murder, plus felony burglary.

'This reminds me he is charged with burglary. I wonder what he took with him? I assume he took something with him from the house.'

Not necessarily. He was charged with burglary as he entered the house with intention to kill, not actually burglary as such.

Virginia Tech police made the same mistake, based on crime scene. Initially Seung-Hui Cho, shot two students in a West AJ dorm, leading LE to believe a lovers quarrel. He returned to his room, changed clothes, sent emails, reload, mailed a package to NBC, etc. Two hours later additional shots fired killing 30 more, in 4 classrooms, Norris Hall.

Gosh, that was such a big mistake! It makes me shudder just to think of it. I think LE needs to keep public safety in mind and give it precedence over wanting to protect "evidence" in a case.

Always err on the side of caution. Of course, that's probably easier said than done. MOO

I saw the post yesterday and automatically thought that the multiple FBI field teams suggested "baton passing" along the route. Maybe even traffic helicopter fly overs.
ETA: JMO but maybe even the 'traffic stops' were organised to help with extra time for baton passing
That’s what I think too. Easiest explanation.

With all due respect, I strongly disagree.

He was studying a criminology, not some subjects detached from crime investigation. His students were styling criminology, of each and every person on the planet, criminology students would be up to their ears in the case, especially if the case is ongoing real life criminal investigation right in their backyard.

Besides, his students reported that they discussed the case in the class, in BK presence, observing that he was unusually quiet and did not participate in the conversation.

And finally . After his arrest when his solicitor asked BK if he was aware about the case, he replied along the line 'Of course I do, it was 10.miles from my place'.

So, no. The line of defence you are suggesting is a dead-end.
They’re not referring to BK, they’re referring to the student quoted in the article who was not studying criminology.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for no link from an approved source to info>

Hi

A few thoughts of mine are
A) LE knew of him for quite some weeks
B) how can his dad not have suspected a thing … did BK actually plan this to occur before he set off with his dad so he could “gloat “ about it in his head the whole way
C) how can a criminology student be so stupid as to use his own vehicle
D) if it’s set it’s his DNA that doesn’t mean there wasn’t another involved in some way eg vehicle driver who has yet to be revealed
E) he most definitely targeted and Set up
Those kids / the house yet he hadn’t scoped out the cameras on adjacent houses
F) the fact the uni server/ cameras being down still feels pertinent as does the drunk kids on the field - he chose that time to go in cos he knew it set up a red herring for cops to wonder if were linked
G) the Hudson thing was another thing he was aware of and therefore another avenue to target cops elsewhere than him
H) so many Google searches on those girls because he was seeking ways that cops might direct away from him

The knife will have been thrown IMO and cops tracking his car will find it … but he will have set the knife up with other DNA on it to create reasonable doubt against him

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
What was the confrontation ? I’m interested to read more
A few thoughts of mine are
A) LE knew of him for quite some weeks
B) how can his dad not have suspected a thing … did BK actually plan this to occur before he set off with his dad so he could “gloat “ about it in his head the whole way
C) how can a criminology student be so stupid as to use his own vehicle
D) if it’s set it’s his DNA that doesn’t mean there wasn’t another involved in some way eg vehicle driver who has yet to be revealed
E) he most definitely targeted and Set up
Those kids / the house yet he hadn’t scoped out the cameras on adjacent houses
F) the fact the uni server/ cameras being down still feels pertinent as does the drunk kids on the field - he chose that time to go in cos he knew it set up a red herring for cops to wonder if were linked
G) the Hudson thing was another thing he was aware of and therefore another avenue to target cops elsewhere than him
H) so many Google searches on those girls because he was seeking ways that cops might direct away from him

The knife will have been thrown IMO and cops tracking his car will find it … but he will have set the knife up with other DNA on it to create reasonable doubt against him

'What was the confrontation ? I’m interested to read more'.

In the brewry when BK were still student at PA. Will find a link and will post it

Edit: Idaho murders suspect Bryan Kohberger made ‘creepy comments’ to staff at brewery

Last edited:
If the report is true, BK's "boss" (i.e., the prof for whom he was TA) humiliated BK by making him stand in front of the entire 150 students in the class to defend his grading in response to their charges that he was too strict.

Giving every paper or exam 100 points thereafter is just a prolonged tantrum, IMHO. "If you don't like my high standards, I'll just inflate everybody's grade!" But I can't say I blame him (for the grading tantrum); frankly, as a former professor who has supervised many teaching assistants, I was shocked to read a professor did that to a TA.

The professor should have met with BK--or with the entire TA team if there were multiple graders--privately and discussed standards. If necessary, the prof might have asked a few of the students who complained to meet with BK under the prof's supervision to arbitrate between student and grader expectations.

But making any TA--particularly one in his first term--defend his work product in public on the ground that it would be "like trial experience" is highly unethical in my view. (I say this as someone who was a TA for several years and then a professor supervising assistants until I retired.)

NOTE: it isn't either/or. BK could have decided it wasn't worth the trouble to seriously grade whining students if he didn't have the prof's support AND he may have been distracted after murdering four people in such a heinous fashion. It is also possible--given that other grad students have said BK had a tendency to pick fights with faculty over even the smallest difference of opinion--that the prof took the public action because s/he was unable to get through to BK any other way.

ETA: I am NOT in any way saying BK's "boss" is to blame for the murders. The way the grading issue was handled may have added to BK's stress (for which he allegedly decompensated by acting out violently), but I suspect BK was already under considerable stress in his first time at a school so far from home.
I'm pretty shocked at the actions of that Professor too.
I too believe they were highly unethical
B was clearly putting work into grading, leaving notes etc and teaching hard but necessary lessons.

He wasn't taking the easy way out. For all we know, that is what kept him up at night, he possibly worked somewhere as well to supplement his studies.

I would be pretty disheartened if that happened to me while I was genuinely putting the work in.
He threw it all away after that and stopped caring.
It's a pity if we have been given the facts.

No reason to take violent action on a group of students who had nothing to do with all that but no evidence either that the two events are connected.

'This reminds me he is charged with burglary. I wonder what he took with him? I assume he took something with him from the house.'

Not necessarily. He was charged with burglary as he entered the house with intention to kill, not actually burglary as such.
SBM
He has been charged with felony burglary. As was explained by at least one poster on here just after the charge came out, that charge does not mean he took anything from the property. It's because he came onto the property with intent to commit a felony. Or maybe even just he came onto the property and then committed a felony. idk if 'intent' has to be part of it.

MOO on my definition of felony burglary

ETA: for further interest check p.36 on this thread - there are a number of posts explaining this better than I've done!
Idaho Theft Crimes - Burglary

I edited my post to say felony burglary. But according to Idaho law, you don't have to take items out of the home for it to be felony burglary.

How Is “Intent” Defined?
The intent to commit the crime of theft or any felony must have existed at the time of entry. If the intent was formed after the entry a person is not guilty of burglary. The manner or method of entry is not an essential element of the crime of burglary. An entry can occur without the use of force or the breaking of anything.

Burglary Does Not Always Involve Theft

As you may have noticed from from the definition above, Burglary involves the entry of a location with the intent to commit a theft crime or any felony therein. This is a particularly interesting quirk in Idaho law. It means that, despite what the average person thinks of when they hear "Burglary", a conviction for this crime can involve many things - only a few being theft offenses. For instance, our firm has dealt with many cases where Burglary is charged involving cases where the client is accused of entering the location with the intent to commit a Battery, a Drug Crime, a Sex Offense, or other felony acts.

Further, a plea deal for a Burglary conviction is always a potential possibility in criminal cases involving more serious felony offenses.

Last edited:
With all due respect, I strongly disagree.

He was studying a criminology, not some subjects detached from crime investigation. His students were styling criminology, of each and every person on the planet, criminology students would be up to their ears in the case, especially if the case is ongoing real life criminal investigation right in their backyard.

Besides, his students reported that they discussed the case in the class, in BK presence, observing that he was unusually quiet and did not participate in the conversation.

And finally . After his arrest when his solicitor asked BK if he was aware about the case, he replied along the line 'Of course I do, it was 10.miles from my place'.

So, no. The line of defence you are suggesting is a dead-end.
They're not talking about BK they are talking about the quoted student in the article.

It is nearly 7 weeks. By the time they took this booking shot, he had already been through forensic processing. So late on the 30th. 47 days is 12 more days than 5 weeks. MOO
[/QUOTE

I say this from my perspective as a BSN RN
Skin will scar most easily in areas where there is more movement and less moisture. The mouth moves a lot, but is moist so usually won’t scar. The skin on the chest moves with your arms and pretty much every breath, is not as protected from drying out, and will scar more easily. Same for your eyes and cheeks. Think along these lines when looking for signs of that someone has been struck, scratched, or attacked.

There’s a lot I’m curious about here. Did anyone see contusions (bruises) or scratches after the murders? We don’t see reports of that from classmates. They did have a break over Thanksgiving, though. When did they return to classes?

It takes about 14 days for bruises to fade.
Cuts and bruises could have been hidden by gloves and a scarf if the classrooms were cold.

Gosh, that was such a big mistake! It makes me shudder just to think of it. I think LE needs to keep public safety in mind and give it precedence over wanting to protect "evidence" in a case.

Always err on the side of caution. Of course, that's probably easier said than done. MOO
I think LE does err with caution, based on the crime scene "at the initial moment in time", as we all do.

With school social media threats, called in bomb threats, community shootings/violence, in Virginia we have a schools on lock down or evacuated several times weekly.

As more facts are released, I believe we will see this was a targeted crime.
Moo

The talk about his use of heroin is from he was 16 years old. The article you link does not suggest addiction.
This article talks of heroin use continuing into college.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

His drug addiction continued into college, Kohberger's former classmate at Northampton Community College told Fox News.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed - not an approved source>
They all sound like utter darlings but I find none of them to be remotely credible.
This is, to my eyes.

Wow!

I wrote this yesterday:

Of course, is is far cry from your comprehensive logical factual-based chronology, but some points are fairly similar. Scary, isnt it?

You are onto something, i would only add that the police already confirned that they received tip-off on the car, so perhaps that was what triggered shifting the focus to BK. Of course thst may me a red herring, but as this was reported after the arrest, i tend to believe it is true. I think the tip-off on the car was first, video and images confirmed that car was in the area before and on the night of the murders, but NEVER AFTER.

Because of the information about the car, LE so quickly without hesitation eliminated the 'usual inner circle suspects' as none if them drives white Elantra. And as those eliminations were conducted during first week after the murders, I agree with you that LE were focusing on Elantra very early during the investigation, first couple of days.

I am also not sure that BK left WA for Thanksgiving break, as he may had scratches and bruises on his face, left by victims. He is loner, he may holed in his flat waiting to heal.

I have never followed a live criminal case even less sleuthing in my life before, but I am excited and (hopefully!) fast learner.
There has been zero evidence that BK went to PA over Thanksgiving break.

I don't believe that story which is now at the NY Post---
I think we all agree Brian Entin has debunked the idea that BK was the ranter who tried to expose himself. That was someone else and the source erred. My point was just that we don't know she was "lying"; she may have just made an assumption that "the scary guy" was BK.

For some reason, internet posters jump to the conclusion that every misstatement is a lie, i.e., a willful deception. In my experience, most people are not geniuses and even the highly intelligent make mistakes. Misstatements of fact are usually just errors.

MOO...The case will be held in Federal Court. It becomes felony murder once BK crossed the state line to commit the act.

You may be right but "felony murder" isn't necessarily a federal offense. Many, if not all, states have some form of felony murder in their statutes.

I am only challenging your use of that term. I haven't heard or read anything to suggest the crimes in question would be tried by the Feds, as you suggest, but I don't pretend to know that jurisdictional detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland