ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a difficult time squaring a first time homicide offender (if this is the first homicide he has been arrested for) doing so during his very first semester of a PhD. I understand the speculation that he wanted to see if he could "commit a perfect murder" or get away with murder, but I feel like kind of goal or desire would be something BK would be more interested in continuing to learn about during his PhD studies, rather than doing immediately. PhD coursework comes first, then oral / comprehensive exams, and then dissertation / original research. If he was a third or fourth year PhD candidate, I could see this type of motive fitting more into his academic progress. He was literally just starting out. For these reasons, if he is the culprit, I suspect he was triggered in some way to commit the murders and acted rashly.

I know he put together an original survey at DeSales that was distributed on Reddit, but according to his professor there, the research never actually took shape and answers were not used as part of his MA thesis / capstone. From her interview:
Bolger said, Bryan didn't even end up using any of the data he gleaned from the questionnaire, 'you aren't going to find it anywhere.' Instead, she said, because he ran out of time, 'his graduate thesis was a narrative one based on the information.' (DailyMail is the source, unfortunately). I have a hard time believing that because the survey failed / didn't garner enough responses to include in his project directly, he decided to take matters into his own hands. It seems more likely to me that this would be something he reattempted -- through official channels -- during his PhD. All IMO.

I think it's the toll road system. Lots of tolls along that route so LE can track him as he passes.

Remember we all had that debate of whether FBI/LE ' tracking him' meant literally driving behind him or just monitoring his movements thru electronic toll collection where they could?

EZpass map search should bring up an image of which states & routes, so you could work out ' hand-off' points.
Those of us who use toll roads often put little transponders on our cars to allow for quick & easy navigation on the toll roads. EZpass is a multistate system that allows travelers to use the same transponder/payment across many different toll systems.

These threads are moving so fast! Has anyone posted about the traffic violation that BCK got for not wearing his seatbelt in Latah County in late August 2022? This means LE had the color, make/model of his vehicle + license plate number the entire time.

View attachment 392039

RECORDS SEARCH FOR LATAH COUNTY IS FROM THIS SITE: iCourt | iCourt
I'm going to put aside my strongly held beliefs for a second here (that LE had BKs license plate within a few days of the murders) and assume the 22,000 press release was to be taken at face value.

One of the first things LE would have done is look for all of the Hyundai Elantra's that were involved in traffic violations in the area over the last few months. There were likely hundreds. But those hundreds would have helped them prioritize the 22,000.

I think it may have already been said, but I don't think he's big - he's just got a lot of vest layers on underneath.
The video I saw was a side view. I'll have to watch it again to analyze why I reached that conclusion.

The link is actually old news video dated 12/16 by A. Banfield discussing which entrance the killer used to enter/exit the King Road residence.
Thanks Seattle! The first time I bother asking for somebody to summarise something we don't get in Europe and a) it's old news and b) from a journalist or whatever A.B. is who we're not allowed to link to on here. Sigh.

It just HAS to be a car match. I mean, LE had that info in their records since BCK's August 22nd traffic violation for not wearing a seatbelt!
Agreed. I think it was license plate -> registry run which pointed back to parents in PA -> license plate run in their system which pointed to BK.

Even if you were to assume that they weren't able to get a clear license plate video (which I believe they did) a car with out of state plates, pulled over in the area, would have immediately been flagged.

Things took off from there.

something i have been wondering about.. BK lived in a state without death penalty, but crossed the border to allegedly commit quadruple murder in a state that does have death penalty. what are your thoughts about this?

i’ve been thinking, does that make it more likely that it was targeted? because if he wanted to randomly kill people, wouldn’t it make more sense to commit murder in washington where he wouldn’t risk death penalty? or perhaps he didn’t care, didn’t think he would get caught anyway or maybe it even added something for him? or perhaps he didn’t consider it at all.

just thinking out loud, MOO

I know the topic of him possibly being responsible for other stabbings in the area has come up before, so I checked. The 72 year old lady and the couple were all murdered before he moved to WA state. Not to say there are not other crimes that might be linked to him later on, but those specific crimes couldn't have been committed by BK.

It's going to be hard for the prosecutor. He has no scratches on his face which would be normal during a fight.

It is approx. 20 days after the crime, IMO it's not unusual for him to healed already.
What fight? He killed his victims in their sleep.

A couple of them allegedly had defensive wounds, but that does mean they got in any jabs, IMO. They probably couldn't do anything more than raise their arms and hands in an attempt to defend themselves by blocking his stabs and slashes with his knife, IMO.

Last edited:
I'm going to put aside my strongly held beliefs for a second here (that LE had BKs license plate within a few days of the murders) and assume the 22,000 press release was to be taken at face value.

One of the first things LE would have done is look for all of the Hyundai Elantra's that were involved in traffic violations in the area over the last few months. There were likely hundreds. But those hundreds would have helped them prioritize the 22,000.
I am willing to bet LE had BCK in their crosshairs soon after they knew he was the driver of the very vehicle (give or take a model year) that they were looking for. My guess is they were just building their case against him up until the time of arrest. I am literally marveling at what LE was likely dealing with "behind the scenes" while the public threw around outlandish and wild theories on SM!

JMO

Those of us who use toll roads often put little transponders on our cars to allow for quick & easy navigation on the toll roads. EZpass is a multistate system that allows travelers to use the same transponder/payment across many different toll systems.

Went to maps and asked for no tolls, it 2 hrs longer.

Used to try to avoid them doing courier work.

I posted earlier.

BK &dad arrived in Pa Dec 13
Car serviced Dec 16th
Arrested Dec 30th

4 day surveillance started Dec 27th?

Am not criticising your post at all there but the Mail's account never made sense to me. Maybe it's just a problem with the reporting

'Police said they began tracking and surveilling Kohberger around Christmas and stayed on him for four days when they spotted the white Hyundai Elantra they believed was connected to the murders.'

If they were tracking him by plane, EZPass & cars 13th - 14th ( 15th?) , why would they only start surveilling him again on the 27th? 12 day gap in surveillance?

It is approx. 20 days after the crime, IMO it's not unusual for him to healed already.
It's about the kind of injuries. If someone gets a deep cut and the skin is pulled together, even with only a bandaid or using second skin, it heals very quickly. A scratch? it would depend on how wide the cut was. Things that take a long time to heal are wide wounds, since it needs to granulate and fill back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled