ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, oil used for heating in pipes is dyed bright red... This is likely that. It can "sweat" out. That also makes more sense because when blood dries, it would be a darker brown-burgundy color, not that bright garish red seen in fresh blood. IMO that dispels this as being blood. MOOOOOOOOOOO!
Well There goes my theory about a poorly constructed house

1669255262863.png
LE said the driveway was gravel, so no tire tracks or foot prints, but blood trail as they walked away is possible. Your post made me start wondering. Did they have "tracking dogs" there at the scene the first day of the investigation? Or after? I think it's possible, for anything is possible, that this person could've walked home after the murders. I doubt they parked nearby. So, I wonder if they used tracking dogs.

Yes...scroll the article for a picture...
Thank You, @Friday Fan. One dog was sniffing around right after, so I feel better that they were right on it from many angles.

1669255262863.png
Investigators search a home in Moscow, Idaho on Monday, November 14, 2022, where four University of Idaho students were killed over the weekend in an apparent quadruple homicide.

I don't know how often quadruple stabbing murders in the victims' home occurs, but there must be a limited number of these. Surely there is some sort of profile for this kind of killer. Have police profilers said anything yet? Mental illness/psychotic break?

I'm speculating that LE has an idea of who and potentially why, through circumstantial evidence, and today's request was a request that can help them substantiate things.

Sometimes I get in trouble for listening too literally, but the comment about looking for people who would normally appear in group photos (my phrasing) may spur people to look back at any photos or other digital memories from that night to see who might be missing. If it's a quiet, shy friend people might not notice that they ducked out of a party or bar outing. If their group was intoxicated, it's even easier to slip away without anyone noticing.

LE may not know who they're connected to or may be trying to avoid tipping their hand by approaching acquaintesess and may be hoping people bring them helpful information based on this request.

"Officers at the scene on Tuesday described a bloody crime scene, particularly on the upper floors of the house." -from the media timeline, page 3, Fox News.

This has always bothered me, the "particularly" part because it implies that there was at least a little bit of a bloody crime scene on the 1st floor. I haven't really seen any discussion about this and apologize if I missed it by skimming and speed reading. Either the LE was imprecise in his statement or someone spread a bloody crime scene to the 1st floor. I say spread, because LE has confirmed that no one else in the house was injured. So either the killer tried to go downstairs or the roommates/friends really did encounter the bloody crime scene.
No it doesn't. There are three floors. Victims found on floor 2 and 3. Floor 2 has direct access from sliding glass door (that coincidentally has evidence tape on both sides of it). Floor 1 has a keypad entry and was locked, and is where the bedrooms of the surviving roomates were. Police have confirmed "no signs of forced entry"... aka.. in all likelihood killer entered thru 2nd floor sliding door. Remember....house is on a hill. Entrance to 1st floor is in the back/parking area. Entrance to 2nd floor/glass door is up the hill in front.

I don't know how often quadruple stabbing murders in the victims' home occurs, but there must be a limited number of these. Surely there is some sort of profile for this kind of killer. Have police profilers said anything yet? Mental illness/psychotic break?
The only times I’ve seen profiles be disclosed to the public are when LE/FBI have exhausted all options.

Did LE ever go public with a profile in the Delphi case? I only bring up that one because it’s a cold case equally in the national spotlight.

I think it was some punk who hit on one of the blondes and got told to piss off, or something along those lines. He was humiliated and either had a big knife in his backpack or went home and got one. I find it hard to believe he could stab 4 people without cutting himself. If he's not in the system, blood or other trace evidence won't help identify him. So maybe someone will notice someone with cuts that they didn't have before that night, or maybe he will brag. I don't think LE has a clue right now. IMHO

Why the perp was likely local or localish...
Perp knew the house....

One cannot stake out the house on Google. 500-718 Queen Rd · 500-718 Queen Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 (No matter how you turn it around, you can't see the sliding doors)
Home looks meh...from Street View and shows lower level and would not appeal to someone wanting to break in.

One does not know that there are sliding doors etc...
Zillow also does not show the sliding doors.
Whoever did this, knew about the sliding doors and was likely familiar with the area. Likely didn't just "meet them on Saturday night and follow them home" Perp was at least somewhat familiar with the residence.

Last edited:
He’s not involved in this investigation but this came out today

The coroner was interviewed and shown the picture and said from "[her] observations" it appears to be blood. The link below will bring you to the source and a short transcript. MOO I am still skeptical about it being blood, as it isn't clear if the coroner is just reacting to the picture and seeing it for the first time, or if they have other information that brings them to that conclusion. I find it odd that blood, or any liquid, would be able to make it that far through the floor from inside.
Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8' ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8
Just piping in to say the coroner Cathy Mabbutt said on the Ashleigh Banfield podcast from Nov 17, when asked if that was blood on the exterior wall from the crime scene that yes it was based on her observations. Then Banfield asked if it was consistent with coming from a victim bedroom and the coroner said yes. It was in the last 10 or so minutes of the podcast.

The coroner was interviewed and shown the picture and said from "[her] observations" it appears to be blood. The link below will bring you to the source and a short transcript. MOO I am still skeptical about it being blood, as it isn't clear if the coroner is just reacting to the picture and seeing it for the first time, or if they have other information that brings them to that conclusion. I find it odd that blood, or any liquid, would be able to make it that far through the floor from inside.
Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8' ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8
There is something about house design that if you have like flooding, it will come out like that. We have been flooded twice from inside the house and it did that on the outside. I was (and am still am) skeptical that it’s blood, but with exsanguination, it seems possible. It’s terrible to think about. Really terrible.

Why the perp was likely local or localish...
Perp knew the house....

One cannot stake out the house on Google. 500-718 Queen Rd · 500-718 Queen Rd, Moscow, ID 83843
Home looks meh...from Street View.

One does not know that there are sliding doors etc...
Zillow also does not show the sliding doors.
Whoever did this, knew about the sliding doors.
Exactly. My theory all along is that it’s some sicko who’s been to the house before for a party. Or has had some casual innocuous encounter with them.

And this person obsessively played this night out in his head. And imagined that this house, the layout, these people, would be the perfect opportunity for him to act out a long dormant fantasy…

And he went for it.

It could have taken days/weeks/months from that innocuous encounter to the invasive thoughts and eventually the actual act. Maybe even attended another party or drove by the neighborhood.

Targeted? Sure. But random enough relationship wise that this is going to be hard to solve unless they have dna or a snitch.

He’s not involved in this investigation but this came out today

I agree with that profiler. He's likely aware of the stabbing murder of five university students in their rented off-campus home in Calgary, Canada. The murderer in that case knew some of his victims. He had graduated and would have resumed further university studies, having been readmitted.

This is the thing for me. What could four 20 somethings have done or not done that would result in this? I don’t think this is anyone they know. I think this is either random or mistaken identity. (My current thinking that could change)

With LE saying Whoever did this made a mess IE very sloppy I’m starting to think The perp being SECRETLY obsessed with one of the girls And Is very deranged, But whoever did this had To have knowledge of The Layout inside the house, If He entered Thru the back of the house On ground floor( actually would be 2nd floor, whose bedroom would he come to first? That would prob be his 1st victim, Does Anyone know Who stayed in what bedroom on 2nd floor and 3rd? .. If We can find out, We may be able to ascertain who was attacked first and In what order, It just commen sense He would start with the nearest bedroom to the back door, then work his way upstairs To 3rd floor Right?
There could be another angle. Maybe not secretly obsessed with one of them, but RAGING mad at one of them. So mad, he didn’t care who else was collateral damage. And so mad he was sloppy because it truly was not a calculated, well thought out murder.

With LE saying Whoever did this made a mess IE very sloppy I’m starting to think The perp being SECRETLY obsessed with one of the girls And Is very deranged, But whoever did this had To have knowledge of The Layout inside the house, If He entered Thru the back of the house On ground floor( actually would be 2nd floor, whose bedroom would he come to first? That would prob be his 1st victim, Does Anyone know Who stayed in what bedroom on 2nd floor and 3rd? .. If We can find out, We may be able to ascertain who was attacked first and In what order, It just commen sense He would start with the nearest bedroom to the back door, then work his way upstairs To 3rd floor Right?
Replying to my own post When I say back of house I meant front of house, Where the sliding door is located that lets you into the 2nd floor, Whose bedroom Is closest to that sliding door, It might be 1st of the 4 victims, before working his way upstairs, does anyone know The bedroom sequence ? And Who stayed In what bedroom?

I lost a post a bit ago who questioned their sliding door being open... Have you been to college? Most people leave their door wide open because they don't care if friends pop in whenever. And I went to a school in a small city. In a country town or place like this you'd have no reason to ever lock your doors.
And also to add about the cops. These got put into such a crazy situation. Imagine the cops of reno 911 or sooper troopers getting involved in this.
Heard cops say those shows/move are more like real life lol

Bringing over a post from earlier from @Louise369 “How though ? How can they allow a person that they suspect of brutally murdering 4 people free on a college campus?”

I’m going to stick with that they have some sort of tracking device monitoring the suspect just like LE with Brent Christensen from the U of I kidnapping and murder of Yingying Zhang! I know it’s a long shot, but man, I feel some confidence in LE right now out in Moscow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member