ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m certain they wouldn’t know how bad it was, but they would know something was very wrong. If cops showed up to the house with lights and sirens on- because it was an emergency that is how they would have arrived. And in that noise your roommates from upstairs don’t come downstairs… you know something is very wrong.
They may have not seen any blood at all- but if the doors to the rooms are open and they have a furnace mixing air- they may have smelled it
No coffee smells, no one has turned on the TV, no music playing, no sound of showers or talking, or movement from upstairs, no dog running about
All of that combined would have told them Something is very wrong

JMO
Yes, to call 911 they knew it wasn’t good. Do we know cops showed up with lights? Or knew it was an emergency? I’ve not heard that? Maybe they thought it was going to be a typical college student call (whatever that means).

Add to that the smell. There would be no smell of decomp yet, but the voluminous amount of blood, if not cleaned up would give off a metallic odor. They probably would not immediately recognize it as blood, but it would add to their suspicions that something wasn't right.
But can you smell that thru a door? I have no idea.

The problem is, they did update the 11/22 press release to say morning, but now they put night again. I don’t know if it has anything to do with the change, but I did message the City of Moscow’s Facebook page on 11/23 pointing out this discrepancy, just in case they wanted to know since they seem to be trying really hard to be factual. They didn’t respond (I didn’t think they would) but I do know someone with access to their messages saw it the same day because you can tell when it’s been read.

The police’s news release on 11/21 states:

On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.

https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/DocumentCenter/View/24748/11-21-2022-Moscow-Homicide-Update

Then the next release on 11/22 states:

On the morning of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.

https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/DocumentCenter/View/24751/11-22-2022-Moscow-Homicide-Update

Thank you for posting the 11/22 release.

I vow to stop my incessant ramblings about when Murphy was found. ;)

I can't believe I'm posting about the dog Murphy, but ...

I don't understand why LE would have turned the dog over to the animal shelter if Murphy was in the house. They knew the two surviving roommates and they would have told them whose dog it was. And K's sister would have told them how to contact J, so that they could return the dog.
Even if they needed to clean up Murphy and shave off hair for evidence, why wouldn't they have returned the dog directly to J?

If the killer went to the third floor first, he passed by X's door once already before descending the stairs. It is my opinion that X and E heard something. And the killer realized he had a problem, that he couldn't make it out undiscovered.

I really want to know if the overhead light in X's room was on when LE arrived.

I picture the killer, intending to exit in the same fashion he entered, his target mission on the third floor completed, being interrupted on his way down/out. I think that the light went on in X's room and E began to open to the door while the killer was coming down the stairs. The killer backs E back into the room, closes the door and kills not targets but witnesses. I think the defensive injuries occurred in this room.

I can't get my head around the utter senseless of this crime. Carnage and loss where four beautiful lights had been.

I don't want the world to be a dark place.

JMO

Last edited:
But can you smell that thru a door? I have no idea.
When my workplace had a situation that involved a large amount of blood, the next day all you could smell was metal(the incident took place in the bathroom, but the smell permeated numerous rooms near the bathroom).
After crime scene cleanup technicians came, it was even worse honestly. All you could smell was this creepy, way too clean chemical smell. It was super triggering because you couldn't forget what happened with that clean smell.

Speculation-- Did the killer plan to kill 4 people or did it just develop that way? Your target is on the 3rd floor. You break into the 2nd floor, and have to kill the people on that floor because you don't want them to wake and trap you on the 3rd floor. You find your target on the 3rd floor, but another girl is next to her, so you have to kill her too. One of the many scenarios my mind is cranking out as I go insane trying to imagine how this went down.
My gut is leaning towards this was a direct sigma chi issue (Ethan's frat) and a generalized "i hate Greeks" which encompassed the third floor.

Something I just thought of ….K bought a new car prior to the murders. Does anyone know if it was purchased from an individual or a dealership? Is it possible someone could have put AirTags in her new car to track her ? Or is it possible that someone put AirTags in one of the victims purses to track them back home?
Disclaimer: I am NOT technically savvy whatsoever so if this theory is not plausible at all - I’m sorry in advance!

The Coroner has since corrected this statement to say that “some” of the victims were found in bed. I will look for the link but it was posted here several times.
Actually, what she corrected was the statement "found in their beds". Since E didn't have a bed in that house, it would be impossible for him to be found in his bed there.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.
Source

Last edited:
I still think it is a solo job.. once I know their plans… just got to figure out when they are home… hmmm… they might be far. Not a walking distance… unless I’m 5 min walk… need a car or bike …
Yes, one RAGE FILLED individual. To include an accomplice makes being found out even easier bc criminals are stupid and talk and drop hints.

My gut is leaning towards this was a direct sigma chi issue (Ethan's frat) and a generalized "i hate Greeks" which encompassed the third floor.
Hi Soap Mama I'm Australian, we don't have 'Frats' here, can you explain your
Theory a little more -whats the 'i hate greeks' - third floor connection? Sounds interesting! Thank you

I have been glued to WS and to updates on this case, and I could absolutely be wrong (and hope I am), but this is where I am for now—I think this is a case of killer going after a type rather than specific people. This doesn’t feel like a first time occurrence to me. It feels at least somewhat organized and unemotional/cold, rather than an act of fury. It seems to me that if this were a first-time event, we would have an arrest by now, because there would be so many mistakes. To jump in from zero and go to four victims seems implausible to me. Of course this is just my opinion, and I hope it is proven wrong. I hope it will be solved and there will be an arrest soon, but I don’t get the feeling that that is imminent. My opinion only, of course.

And they would go outside…
There is no way those two young women would have supposed something was very wrong enough to call friends to help, and then call 911 and stay in the house.

They would have gone outside, sat in a warm car, or stay nearby with a neighbor.
A house with five young women is never quiet unless everyone is asleep Someone gets up and makes coffee, and pancakes and bacon, someone turns on music And begins rousting people out of bed. Not everyone sleeps until noon- someone would be the early bird.
That would be the creepiest feeling- the silence

JMO- prayers for the families and friends!!
Not necessarily.

If they woke, heard E’s phone alarm going off, knocked on the door, tried the knob (locked), maybe even repeatedly called E and X’s phones…..they might have been worried for their friends, but not felt they were in any danger themselves.

It’s also possible that, very close to the same time, the friends with whom E was to have met up with came by because he hadn’t shown and wasn’t answering his phone. Hence multiple calls from the residence on different phones.

It is possible that neither the survivors nor the visitors saw any blood, etc.
All just MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member