ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that criminals leave something of themselves at the scene

If he wore head covering and gloves , that would eliminate a lot of detritus

I find it impossible to think there was no arterial spray .

I can’t believe he would be so calm as to not step into blood somehow

Can’t dogs track where he went?

If the trail ends, it seems he got into a car

Or...just as importantly... Murphy liked HIM. I wish we knew where the dog was when things were happening. Possibly on the first floor with the two surviving roommates? I'm thinking that even if the dog and the killer knew/liked each other, I can't see that the dog, or any dog, would be standing by quietly when something so brutal as the stabbings was happening. Whether Murphy would have barked, or jumped around trying to join in what he (the dog) may have interpreted as "play", or just wandered around following the killer between floors--- I don't think that he was loose. The killer may have given him something to keep him quiet, but wouldn't that have added one more thing that he would have had to think about beforehand? A local news accorount described Murphy as "traumatized" but maybe just from the number of people running around his house when LE came. MOO
Or maybe he was just a friendly dog who was used to strangers because maybe the kids had a lot of parties and friends over frequently. MOO but this wasn't a trained guard dog as far as I know. Might have sensed danger and hidden.

I feel like its a person in plain sight. He is a local that isnt in school. He has tried to fit in with the college kids and the college kids arent mean to him but they just dont give him much mind. It has bothered him over along period of time and he has taken some time to do the murders right and he feels he is going to get away with it. But i feel to much technology these days to get away totally. He is about to get arrested.

Not sure what to make of this, but it only just registered for me how close the Sigma Chi house is to the King Road house. It looks like there is a sight line between the upper floor of the King Rd house and Sigma Chi. Maybe that is was the investigators were pointing at in the photos from their Friday work at the house? These are all screen shots from google maps (I hope that’s allowed). The street views are from the same spot standing in front of 707 Taylor Ave.

D7986528-3EFC-48A5-A58A-B713105F8D94.jpeg564FBA1F-B659-46E9-804A-EE808113B0DB.jpeg2D26A703-4FD2-436C-AE33-C36AA4D0C3D3.jpeg

I think this is a really good point. The damage could be minimized if the perp wore gloves and perhaps some sort of tactical clothes but you would have to imagine some kind of cuts or bruises even if small that wouldn't look normal. That is also why I wonder if this is someone who can disappear for awhile without causing a stir
you could easily kill someone with a razor blade and minimal exertion, of course.

Being a true crime fan for a long long time it's always been something we are told that its really hard to stab someone without hurting yourself also, and that It would be near impossible to stab 4 people to death without doing some noticeable damage to yourself also. Do we have any doctors/pathologist/corner or forensic experts that know if this is actually true or just something you hear on TV shows.

If this is true then I wonder why they are not asking people about 'do you know anyone that suddenly turned up with injuries to their hands' etc. seems like something I would be doing if the above is true. if it is not and it is possible for a skilled person who is careful to stab 4 ppl to death without injuring themselves then nvm.
I would think that you would most definitely hurt yourself if you violently stabbed 4 human beings. LE knows more than the media is putting out there. They say "no suspect" yet, but I find that hard to believe.

I can only imagine a dog would not be as easy of a target as a sleeping human. Dogs are really fast and in general can sense danger. I can’t imagine the perp chasing the dog around with a knife for any length of time, whether the dog was running around in fear or thinking it was playing a game of chase (which would be what my dog would be thinking).
And dogs can't verbally identify killers either.
I do wonder if the mass murder in this case is purely because the perp is known to the victims.

I have heard that criminals leave something of themselves at the scene

If he wore head covering and gloves , that would eliminate a lot of detritus

I find it impossible to think there was no arterial spray .

I can’t believe he would be so calm as to not step into blood somehow

Can’t dogs track where he went?

If the trail ends, it seems he got into a car
Obviously no public details of his methodology exist but he could have expected an arterial spray and just stepped back after hitting.

I'm thinking he could have used a bicycle..
I don't know whether they used dogs or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa