ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
could this potentially mean either M or K actually had a different cause of death from the others - for example blunt force trauma to the head? Then the knife work was saved for the possible "target" & remaining two -- with the target individual sustaining far more "attention" than others.
this is how I interpreted it. her dad keeps
saying “their/they” and I feel like he’s referring to X & E vs K & M’s causes of death don’t match and that the killer didn’t have to go up the stairs and make the choice to kill K & M because K’s dad believes E/X were the targets.

MOO - K & M clearly arrived home after E & X. what if K & M saw a guy outside the house or could possibly be “witnesses” to someone or something that seemed out of place upon arriving home. and the killer knew this so made the choice to kill them too in order for them to not be able to provide any sort of eye witness the following day? Just my thought.

No, my take is the father is pleading to our common sense that K&M were the targets because “he didn’t have to go up the stairs” if they weren’t.

And the father implied that he paid for a second, private autopsy. JMO.
Could he also be implying that X and E were killed first? In other words, if X and E were the targets, no need to go up the stairs after killing them. Implies also that either M or K were the real target because perhaps one was killed more brutally than the other. JMO.

Guess I'll have to see the clip but until then some questions:

1) M and K cause of death does not match X and E, or is it M cause of death does not match K?
2) He doesn't have to go up steps. This probably means he believes X and E were the targets? Reiterates that and also that the damage doesn't match.
3) Not sure what the "stop playing games", "be an alpha/leader" or "don't make me do it" is about. Is he frustrated with LE?
4) "It wasn't leaked to me. I earned that" very interesting, not sure what it has to do with a funeral though?

Without seeing it live I can already sense the emotions. What a horrible time for these families, can't even imagine.
sounds like hes implying X and E were the target whether they were 1st or 2nd. Think hes saying X and Es deaths were different than K and M

could this potentially mean either M or K actually had a different cause of death from the others - for example blunt force trauma to the head? Then the knife work was saved for the possible "target" & remaining two -- with the target individual sustaining far more "attention" than others.

I don't know that Mr. G would have access or knowledge of the autopsies for X and E. I think he was just saying that the means of death between K and M were different. One could have been stabbed, the other could have been by whatever means. This just opens up more speculation.

Just saw the interview and my initial impression is that when he said 'Let's be real here. He didn't have to go up the stairs' when asked what he felt about LE flip-flopping on specific versus general targeting, he was implying that the targets were already eliminated on the second floor and there was no need to go any further than that ('up the stairs'). Again, that's a snap impression with not a ton of thought just yet.

It could also imply that he didn't know where his intended targets were and went up the stairs first to find them (E and X, hypothetically) yet 'didn't have to'.

He also said the wounds were different upstairs, and I have heard some pretty awful alleged 'inside' stuff about that, so I hope those rumors are utterly untrue.

My opinion.

From the Fox Interview:

Steve: “I’ll cut to the case, their means of death don’t match”

Jones: Maddie’s and Kaylee’s cause of death does not match based on the autopsy report?

Steve: “They don’t match”

Jone’s: Would it indicate…

Steve: “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Let’s stop playing games guys. I need somebody to step up and be an alpha; be somebody to be a leader. Don’t make me do it. I don’t want to do it. He doesn’t have to go up those steps. Their points of damage don’t match. I’m just going to say it. It wasn’t leaked to me. I earned that. I paid for that funeral. I paid for that. It’s my right. They ain’t taken that from me.”

No link yet. Will post when available.
Sounds like he is directing this to the local LE

It has been said multiple times that the same weapon was used to do the killings. So how do the wounds not match? Does he mean one set of wounds were simply and the other set very severe showing anger towards one person?
or one was also strangled or in some other way 'marked'?
Killer entered the house knowing at a MINIMUM FOUR people would be present..perhaps more. Think about that....
They wouldn't leave anything to chance and this is why they waited for the victims to retire in their beds. This wasn't simply a *roll of the dice* for this killer. Perhaps the only *fly in the ointment* was either missing the two survivors or failing to access them with the doors locked. Cold...calculating killer. This isn't someone they would have casually encountered previously. Just MOO.
completely agree. I have to listen t the interview tonight, but it sounds like K & M were targeted (the killer did't have to go upstairs - but chose to go there) and one more so than the other. my initial thought was that it was K, but based on nothing other than some of the photos, specifically the Halloween photo. It just struck me as the motivator. if I were told he put that on her, I would not be surprised, but only because it linked in my brain. Too many movies.

Maybe a bit of a daft question but....

Have any members felt more spooked or been more cautious since they started following the case?
( My OH is away for work and I've noticed am being more security cautious despite being nowhere near Idaho. Normally we don't even lock our doors as we're in a very low crime area)

I've even taken a garden machete* and a kitchen knife..... to bed!! Have just practised my swing* - it needs work
This is a chilling, spooky, eerie crime-everyone is afraid of this crap. No rocket science or degrees required. Strangely, we are all kind of captivated by what scares us

Last edited:
I would like to hope that they are looking into anyone that just came to that neighborhood like a visiting relative or visiting friend. Maybe somebody that was left in charge of a house while the owners were away.

I hope this doesn't become cold. Just the fact that many of the people in that area would disperse over the next few years due to graduating college. That would make it a tough cold case.
I don't think the killer *happened* to be in contact with victims prior. This is a PREDATOR. They may have been alerted via their internet presence and took it from there. Victims became a target at some point, but I doubt it was something personal. Simply a hunter trying to target the *prey* in advance. This was something well planned. Just MOO

"He doesn't have to go up the steps" is said multiple times and it makes me zone in on that comment even more.

Could he possibly be implying that the killer(s) did indeed enter on the 2nd floor, and that they didn't have to go to the 3rd floor to cause harm, so why would their "points of damage" different on the 3rd floor? ( M & K ) - unless one was "targeted" more than the other?

Edit to add: Or to conflict some of what I said "he doesn't have to go up the steps" could also imply that neither M or K was the target - so as usual with this case my head is just going in circles.
I think he was referencing the steps police have to take to give him information. Like, ‘stop wasting our time by going through your steps and just give us anything g you can pertaining to the investigation.

MOO

ETA: right after he mentioned the steps, he said someone needed to step up.

So I’m listening to Brian Entin’s live Twitter Spaces right now (no video, it’s just audio). He’s outside the house and per the previous tweets posted, 3 LE entered and turned on lights. He said about 5 or 10 minutes ago the lights turned off but no one left. He just walked around and said he can see someone (at least one of the LE that went in) in one of the first floor bedrooms through the blinds (still no lights on). He can’t tell what they’re doing.
I think they were using luminol and testing for blood evidence and then took samples -from the size of the bags when they left the house, I'm guessing pieces of the flooring were removed. MOO.

I need to re-listen when I’m able, but did the interviewer clarify by asking him if Maddie and Kaylee had a means of death not matching? They were found together and upstairs. How does this coincide with him saying the culprit didn’t have to go upstairs, where they were?

It stands out to me that he repeated "he didn't have to go up the steps" twice.

Seems like he believes Ethan and/or Xana were targets.

But if Kaylee and Maddie's cause of death don't match, then I'd think the person who was more severely attacked (which is what her dad seems to have been implying) was a target. Piecing this together - were Xana and Maddie the targets? As others have pointed out, they worked together and were part of the same sorority.
I know nothing about the Mad Greek…

I don't know that Mr. G would have access or knowledge of the autopsies for X and E. I think he was just saying that the means of death between K and M were different. One could have been stabbed, the other could have been by whatever means. This just opens up more speculation.
When K&M were released, I imagine if he wanted to see his daughter and ask questions of whoever handles those arrangements, or wanted a second autopsy, he could have done that. He would know. I imagine the person who handled K’s arrangements did M’s as well. And he paid for his daughter’s arrangements.

Just saw the interview and my initial impression is that when he said 'Let's be real here. He didn't have to go up the stairs' when asked what he felt about LE flip-flopping on specific versus general targeting, he was implying that the targets were already eliminated on the second floor and there was no need to go any further than that ('up the stairs'). Again, that's a snap impression with not a ton of thought just yet.

It could also imply that he didn't know where his intended targets were and went up the stairs first to find them (E and X, hypothetically) yet 'didn't have to'.

He also said the wounds were different upstairs, and I have heard some pretty awful alleged 'inside' stuff about that, so I hope those rumors are utterly untrue.

My opinion.
I take it to mean the opposite - k and m were the targets. Only reason to go there, and he did comment that it would bother him for the other families. I have had a feeling the worst happened on the third floor because targeted there and obsession. I would not be surprised - sickened, yes, but surprised, no. Esp if the inside stuff you've heard is true, then that would point towards them being targeted, too.

Note between 3 minutes 45 seconds and 4 minutes 10 seconds (give or take), Nancy Grace states clearly that there's one perpetrator and he's not in CODIS or AFIS. She's stating DNA results of the perp is back. Interesting points. She continues to explain.
I think DNA is better at convicting people than catching them. I do not know the numbers. But I would have to think that a very small percentage of the total US population has their DNA in any database. Whether it is court ordered or voluntary. IMO.

My opinion.
I take it to mean the opposite - k and m were the targets. Only reason to go there, and he did comment that it would bother him for the other families. I have had a feeling the worst happened on the third floor because targeted there and obsession. I would not be surprised - sickened, yes, but surprised, no. Esp if the inside stuff you've heard is true, then that would point towards them being targeted, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname