ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and I kind of wish the reporters would just leave him alone and let him grieve. I'm sure he wouldn't keep doing these interviews if he didn't want to. Everybody processes grief differently. It just hurts to see... :(
K's dad told Brian Entin when Brian was in their home that the family don't want people to stop covering the case. I think he'll speak to anyone and everyone to put pressure on LE to get answers. They 100% need a lawyer or PR person to do all this for them. They can't be getting any sleep or rest.

Source as linked many times: Brian Entin Twitter Spaces

This is what I’ve assumed. He’s implying the culprit entered via the back of the house, which is the 2nd floor (I believe) and where his intended target/s were. His daughter was on the third floor, which is why he kept saying he didn’t have to go up to her room.

This makes E and/or X the intended target/s.

And several of us read it as the opposite.

This is not a clear communication from the dad at all. I read it as the killer would not have gone up the steps if he didn't have a reason, If he was just there to kill, he'd have accomplished his mission.

He wanted to kill the people upstairs.

Kaylees dad is grieving and so some of his answers don’t make sense sometimes. I encourage all to relisten to his interview. I really do think he was not referring to the steps of the house but to the steps LE needs to take when releasing info to him.
He said 'he didn't have to go up' not 'they....'
He was referring to the perpetrator, MOO

Note between 3 minutes 45 seconds and 4 minutes 10 seconds (give or take), Nancy Grace states clearly that there's one perpetrator and he's not in CODIS or AFIS. She's stating DNA results of the perp is back. Interesting points. She continues to explain.
Sigh...This was 5 days ago. Watch what she said immediately before she launched into her nonsense. "They've got to go through all that blood, all that hair, all those fingerprints to determine if any of it was left by the killer." Clearly she does not know anything about the state of the investigation. I expect this folly to keep popping up, though.

ETA: Replied to wrong poster

Last edited:
If the window was unlocked or had a non-operational lock, would opening it to gain access be considered forced entry more so than entering through the sliding door? Or are you saying the disturbed plant would have been considered possible evidence of forced entry such that the statement of no evidence of forced entry would not have been made? I truly don’t know the nuances.
I don’t know if the LE definition of ‘forced entry’ would include entry through a window with an inoperable latch. Maybe someone can claritlfy?

With the tipped plant returned upright, we’d need to see photos. In the process of LE examining the window, the plant being tipped & uprighted might have taken place then & thus not be evidence.

I think the 4000+ crime scene photos should easily answer that question. At least, I hope!

I haven't seen the interview, but based on the transcript, it sounds like SG is saying "stop this targeted vs. non targeted -- the killer went out of their way to go upstairs and kill M & my K." It sounds like he's saying that based on differences in the level of brutality that one of them -- I'm guessing he means his daughter -- was the main target.

JMO
I've listened several times and different ways. that's what I think he's saying, basically, is LE is being coy, but use your common sense, the killer didn't have to go up the steps. just step us and say it guys, don't make me do it.

I haven't seen the interview, but based on the transcript, it sounds like SG is saying "stop this targeted vs. non targeted -- the killer went out of their way to go upstairs and kill M & my K." It sounds like he's saying that based on differences in the level of brutality that one of them -- I'm guessing he means his daughter -- was the main target.

JMO

Could be and reasonable people can certainly disagree, but my initial impression is that I don't think his tone reflected that. Almost seemed disgusted that the killer went upstairs at all (e.g. "he didn't have to go upstairs in order to get his targets"). *Words in italics are my own and for emphasis only.

My opinion.

I just can’t give Nancy Grace a lot of weight. She is such a sensationalist.
She’s a bit
Note between 3 minutes 45 seconds and 4 minutes 10 seconds (give or take), Nancy Grace states clearly that there's one perpetrator and he's not in CODIS or AFIS. She's stating DNA results of the perp is back. Interesting points. She continues to explain.
i agree with Nancy. I know she’s a bit high strung, but I can’t help but wonder if one of the roommates were sort of initializing or contemplating dating someone else that nobody knows of-perhaps a new acquaintanceship?

And several of us read it as the opposite.

This is not a clear communication from the dad at all. I read it as the killer would not have gone up the steps if he didn't have a reason, If he was just there to kill, he'd have accomplished his mission.

He wanted to kill the people upstairs.
And in addition to that the Dad implies that the cause of deaths of both girls differ, so in effect he says that the target was one of the girls, the one who, he believes after reading autopisies reports, was more brutally killed. So, he says, stop playing games targeted, not targeted. There was a target and you know who is she.

It is so sad to watch him. He barely holds it together.

So did the killer or killers choose a knife for a reason? Was it part of the planned attack, or was this a spur of the moment, use what's available type scenario? Benefits of using a knife are it's quieter, doesn't need reloading, no spent ammo left behind, no firearm record, and possibly harder to trace. The downsides of using a knife are, it's messier, more physically demanding, closer contact with victim, and the chance of injury to the attacker. So was the knife used to make these murders more personal, was it used to send a message, or was it simply what the killer had available? Thoughts?
I don’t think the decision was made rationally.

This is way I took it as well - that what need is there to go up there IF not to murder them.... I also think Dad is holding to his word/promise to keep this in front of as many eyes as possible until solved.
This family has likely never gone through anything like this and is only doing their best as they see it. Likely getting tired of hearing how things take time and blah blah blah .... and don't compromise the investigation yadda yadda yadda
Imagine the guilt and anger. I'd have imploded and exploded not to mention died my own death of grief, and I'd be like 'bad word' this LE, you tell them or I will. put me out of my misery. Don't be coy, let me own this.

And in addition to that the Dad implies that the cause of deaths of both girls differ, so in effect he says that the target was one of the girls, the one who, he believes after reading autopisies reports, was more brutally killed. So, he says, stop playing games targeted, not targeted. There was a target and you know who is she.

I agree.

I would hope that LE knows which pair were killed first (I would assume they have some evidence there). But the father implies that the killer went up the stairs because that's where his primary target was.

There might also be good evidence about whether K or M was killed first, giving dad a particular perspective (which he really really wants to share with the world, and I would feel the same way as he does).

I hope LE has good reasons for doing things exactly as they are doing them. I assume they do.

Anyone here can call me out, I will not be offended, but there is one family here that is talking more, saying more, and more ticked off than the rest… to me, their daughter was the target and they want justice… right? Like, it’s not rocket science?

I was in tears watching K’s dad. “I sent my daughter to get a college education and she comes back in a box.” He’s so angry and devastated I don’t know how he held it together. I’d be losing my mind if I were him. I’m glad they are giving interviews; they are advocating for their daughter and the other victims.

I suspect (my analytical qualifier) it is going to take time for law enforcement to scour the electronic equipment and media related to this case. After harvesting the electronic equipment and media for contacts, communications, patterns, etc., it will take time to do relationship pattern analysis. From that, where someone is not immediately identifiable as a potential suspect or person of interest, it is possible to better isolate the unknown person who may have had the interest to do this crime. There may yet be people who don't want to talk with an investigator who are going to get a knock on the door and not know how the police knew about them or their connections to the victims.

Last edited:
I just watched the clip of Kaylee’s parents probably 10 times at this point.

The following is solely my interpretation:

From what I gathered and inferred through context is that I think SG seems to be referring to the “steps” LE have to go through to offer the family information— In the middle of it he was pleading for someone to “step up” and lead the case it sounded like to me.

So, within the context of his comments, LJ and her parents were talking about LE’s different misstatements throughout the course of the investigation.

SG finally just said out of frustration that he’s just going to say it— say the girls, Kaylee and Maddie died by different “means” [of death].

Then LJ basically asked for clarification and how they feel about the different statements to them and the public by LE regarding the case and this is when he begins talking about the different means of death and asking for someone in LE to “step up” and also saying he doesn’t want to do this and don’t make him do this— I think at this point, it’s apparent he’s talking to LE about the case and specifics only he and they know about and will possibly release more info if no one helps answer his questions? *Definitely not an accusation by me at all, just my objective summation of the interview.

He’s obviously painfully frustrated and I couldn’t imagine what they’re going through.

On the other hand, (just stating my thoughts) LE might have been withholding their different manners of death specifically if they find a suspect or if someone confesses, falsely or otherwise. I could also see how this would be not great for the case in the long run.

It’s really unfortunate and heart breaking. Both sides are upset I am sure and both have a right to be, clearly, for different reasons.

I wouldn’t want to be in any of their shoes and they have my utmost sympathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member