ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is the sliding door on the back of the house. KG’s father has indicated it is likely the killer entered either through the slider or the back window and that LE told him that.

I could easily see the person who had just killed four people running like zombies were after him to get out of the area as fast as possible and leaving the door open!
i do believe a portion of the 1st floor stairs directly intersects with one of the first floor bedrooms.. IE good chance someone on the first floor would hear someone running down the stairs and making a lot of noise in the process. You can see it in this video

The carbonara was discussed earlier here; the truck's Twitch stream uses it in its name. I can't remember where, but it was mentioned as a special.
Thanks, seeing they make several different sauce/toppings for mac & cheese, not hard to imagine they'd do carbonara on elbow noodles?

Are there other doors into the property?.

Also, we don't know for sure that they entered through the front door. The neighbour may not be remembering correctly, or there could be other reasons why the door was open.

ETA: Why would the perp. risk leaving the door open?.
Could it also be that the murderer entered from the slider, then went down the stairs and exiting the front door leaving it open (if this info is correct about the neighbor seeing the door open 8:30-9:00 am)?

View attachment 385664

Here's the reporter who claimed she talked to a neighbor who also told the police that the front door was open the following morning over 3 hours before the 911 call came in. On Twitter they didn't include her portion of the segment on the highlight but I'm still looking for the entire segment.
That screenshot is not new. Note the vehicles in the driveway.

I have suspected the two survivors are still with us is that the perp somehow got scared and left in a hurry. He likely entered via the sliding door, and in a rush left out the lower level door. This would require he know the layout of the house.

I also wonder if he was carrying something in each hand and couldn't close the lower door as he left. Possibly something is missing from the house. Of course, the missing item might not be noted to be missing yet.

For a case with this many threads already, we actually know very little.

"Kaylee Goncalves, a senior from Rathdrum majoring in general studies in the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences."

Thanks. I thought I had read that she interned in an IT job in Austin, then got a high paid permanent job offer. Anyway, it doesn't alter my suggestion that she was using the last part of the final year to finish an independent, required project. Could be, or may not be.

A 2016 or 2017 at the very cheapest is about $40,000 for the lowest model, with high miles (~100,000), and only in average condition. The price, depending on the trim level, mileage, and condition can go over $60,000.
No this is incorrect. There was a discussion about this earlier and people found used 2016 Evoques for low twenties.

A 2016 or 2017 at the very cheapest is about $40,000 for the lowest model, with high miles (~100,000), and only in average condition. The price, depending on the trim level, mileage, and condition can go over $60,000.
She had the Evoque model, likely in the 40’s new. There’s a number of 2016s on kbb right now right around 20k with under 100k miles.

I’m not sure what sort of link you’re requesting. If it’s that the Range Rover was Kaylee’s new vehicle, here’s one of dozens of links:

If you want a link to show that that’s why she visited that weekend? Well, in my opinion, even if we had a recording of her saying that, it wouldn’t prove much—people’s motivations can be complex.

Either way, what importance do you see in it?
The claim was made they Kaylee came home to show off the range rover, I know it was her new suv, but it was implied that she went there to show it off. I do not believe that is the reason for her trip. That is all i was trying to say.

I have suspected the two survivors are still with us is that the perp somehow got scared and left in a hurry. He likely entered via the sliding door, and in a rush left out the lower level door. This would require he know the layout of the house.

I also wonder if he was carrying something in each hand and couldn't close the lower door as he left. Possibly something is missing from the house. Of course, the missing item might not be noted to be missing yet.

For a case with this many threads already, we actually know very little.

To me, IF somebody were to leave through the front door it would indicate they were heading into the direction in which they lived/came from. If they go left, they're on camera via the neighbor. They go straight, they are heading down the steps/sidewalk west of the apartment building in front. If they go right, they are running towards the apartment building east of the house. In that case, they were better off going out the back where there was cover UNLESS they went down stairs to take out the two roommates on the 1st floor only to find their doors locked and the front door was just way too convenient since it was right there.

Fair enough. It was “potentially” the front door.
Both could be true. Back door left open as killer sneaks out AND front door possibly left open by someone who had spent the night but never went upstairs. Anyway didn't the first reporter say front door for sure? Or am I dreaming it. 8:30 sounds pretty late for killer to be leaving and risk running out in daylight. I know it could have been open for hours, but anyone using that bathroom downstairs would have seen the door open, imo.

Risky to leave that prominent door open, to advertize the murders before they had to be advertized.

I've heard it 100 times... Sliding door left open. Do we know if that means unlocked, or visibly "open"?

The more I think about this, the more clearly I see the possibilities:
1) The killer was present with either K&M or X&E prior to the murders, most likely at the food truck or the frat party. The killer would have been present at the moment of the victim's departure. Otherwise, how would he know when they went home? The killer would also need to know the victims well enough to know where they lived.

OR

2) The killer watched and waited to strike. He would have to know the occupancy of the house to know when everyone was home. How else could he be sure that other roommates or friends weren't going to come home in the middle of the act? The killer would live within sight and walking distance of the house.

I don't see any other likely possibility, other than some disturbed mind picked a random house to attack and got lucky not to get caught (yet).

But assuming the killer didn't just pick a random house, which should be known from the forensics, then logic says that the killer must have known when the victims would be arriving home. Therefore the killer was either with the victims when they departed to go home, or the killer was already watching the home (either from inside his own home or from inside the victim's home). I don't think he was spending hours in the frigid dark weather hiding in trees, waiting for the victims to arrive. He would have no clue if they were coming home at 1, 2, 3, 4, or even 5 am. Or even not at all! He also would have turned his phone off, so he would be waiting for hours in the cold dark with nothing to do. Every minute he spent waiting was another minute he risked being seen. I guess it's possible, but I don't think it's likely. He also could have been in their house already, but that is very risky.

Look at the people who were present with K&M and X&E, and look at every single person who lives within sight distance of the house, and I bet you will find the killer.
Another possibility…. Did the students routinely lock their cars? Someone could have been waiting & watching in one of the vehicles parked outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname