ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thompson said the Latah County Prosecutor’s Office is currently providing legal advice to law enforcement working the case, as well as obtaining search warrants. He said his office has obtained more than 50 search warrants on this investigation…

“There’s always a concern, particularly in smaller communities like ours, that we need to be responsible with what information is made available to the public so we don’t risk tainting the prospective jury pool,” Prosecutor Bill Thompson told the Daily News on Tuesday. “Assuming that we’re able to file a case and it goes to trial, we want to be able to pick an unbiased jury from within the community.”

Also from above article.

I don’t know that we’ve ever seen this degree of media attention, including the national media attention, but I understand this is a very serious case,” he said. “It’s very tragic and the public wants to know as much as they can about what’s going on.”

Thompson said if this case goes to trial, a jury selection process will determine whether jurors have any preconceived notions or biases “with the idea being that even if they heard something that they can set that aside and make a decision just based on the evidence that they hear in the courtroom.”

We don’t want somebody to come in with some predisposition or a bias about what the result should be,” he said. “We want people who can come in, be open-minded and fair and listen to the evidence, and then make a decision on the issues of guilt.”

DELAYED RELEASE of CRIME SCENE?

@CSIDreamer Thanks for recalling this, a case I have not followed.
So multiple trailers have been held as a crime scene for several years, not released since 2016?
Then I wonder who has paid rent or mortgage payments (assuming applicable)? And even if vic's owned trailers and land free and clear, what about payments for prop taxes? Utilities?
Yes. Because in September of this year jurors toured them.

As for the rest I'm not sure. Possibly the land was part of the estate which land may have been settled. There shouldn't have been utilities really. I'm really hazy on the estate part tbh.

JMO

And did buying the car put her in contact with someone completely off her radar that would have access to her home address, personal details.
I've kind of wondered the same thing. As well as, was the 1122 address on any of their id's and having to expose that while buying beer/ciggs/vapes and being carded. I actually used to have medical tape over my addy on id for that very reason and because I'm just that paranoid (clerk man selling me ciggs don't need my addy). But, then had to repeatedly show id at a certain place...and never got around to being back in that habit. But, these thoughts have definitely crossed my mind over the course of this case.

A Range Rover is a pretty expensive car. I don't get the impression she comes from money. How is a graduating senior able to afford such an expensive car?
Many graduating seniors could easily afford a used Range Rover, regardless of their family's financial situation.

Have you researched how much that particular Range Rover costs? What possible insight could you have into her financials? Questioning this without stating what exactly you are insinuating leads to more rumors and casts aspersions on a victim.

ETA: I'm sorry if this sounds harsh. I understand you're new, and I don't mean to pile on. You're not the first to suggest this though, and it's frustrating when something like that gets brought up again. Welcome in.

Last edited:
What floor is the front door located? And has the open door been verified?
1670442164036.png

Here's the reporter who claimed she talked to a neighbor who also told the police that the front door was open the following morning over 3 hours before the 911 call came in. On Twitter they didn't include her portion of the segment on the highlight but I'm still looking for the entire segment.

Clearly not a gender-specific perp based on credible information being offered publicly. Whoever, to slaughter 4 human beings is a lot of work. In the dark. Think about what volume of energy and sheer rage went into this. They didn’t go far afterwards. Local videos, an employee who is absent, a student who seems unconcerned, that kind of thing will deliver the murderer. I have no doubt LE is on a discovery trail. I believe in them.
I agree, didn't go far after - even if on foot or car.

They have to know that whole town, outskirts and area to know how to avoid detection if covered in blood (walking or driving) as a cop could pull them over anytime on a Saturday night. And even if in a change of clothes, they had to dispose them and murder weapon along the way. So they must've known where to go and not to go.

I've kind of wondered the same thing. As well as, was the 1122 address on any of their id's and having to expose that while buying beer/ciggs/vapes and being carded. I actually used to have medical tape over my addy on id for that very reason and because I'm just that paranoid (clerk man selling me ciggs don't need my addy). But, then had to repeatedly show id at a certain place...and never got around to being back in that habit. But, these thoughts have definitely crossed my mind over the course of this case.
these days there is the airtag bit too.. That said i have no reason so far to think any of that came into play

I wonder if they're clearing out the crime scene to see if killer will return to secretly try to snoop or look things over? May be too late for that, but never know.
If I were a family of one of the victims, I'd want these items returned as soon as feasible.

Also, this may sound ridiculous (and feel free to tell me if it does), but families know their loved ones fairly well (even once they have moved on to college), so returning items could generate their notice that something in the items returned doesn't seem quite right or something significant is missing. So, there may be clues unrecognizable even to experienced LE in those personal items.

A Range Rover is a pretty expensive car. I don't get the impression she comes from money. How is a graduating senior able to afford such an expensive car?

It was a 2016: 6 or 7 years old. I haven’t checked Kelley’s Blue Book, but I doubt that it was all that expensive. Might have had money saved, or a family loan, or a trade-in on her old car, if she had one, or something connected to her new job in Texas.

MOO

The news about the door being open is not new. This is what the Chief said in the very first presser.

"...we're not 100% sure if the door was unlocked. There was no damage to anything and the door was still open when we got there".

It was obviously early days, so they may not have yet spoken to the neighbour who saw the door open.

Thompson said the Latah County Prosecutor’s Office is currently providing legal advice to law enforcement working the case, as well as obtaining search warrants. He said his office has obtained more than 50 search warrants on this investigation…

“There’s always a concern, particularly in smaller communities like ours, that we need to be responsible with what information is made available to the public so we don’t risk tainting the prospective jury pool,” Prosecutor Bill Thompson told the Daily News on Tuesday. “Assuming that we’re able to file a case and it goes to trial, we want to be able to pick an unbiased jury from within the community.”

Whoah 50?? That seems like LOTS. Does anyone know if this is the norm for a murder? I imagine with technology/devices/privacy may need many OR multiple people involved? But this is great news overall.

Ok, but wouldn't catching them on a grub truck twitch stream be the ultimate happenstance. How would he know to watch that grub hub stream
@EncyclopediaBrownJr
Sorry, I may have misunderstood sequence of events the night/morning of these dreadful murders, or something.

I imagine perp may have been following one or more vic's both in person and on their soc media over days, weeks.
Perp may have followed Vic(s) that evening in person from 1122 King, to locations X, Y, and Z , then to bar, them to food truck.

Or could vic(s) have merely posted on their own FB, insta, etc --- leaving bar, heading for this food truck.
If Vic(s) had a 360 app or similar, that might have alerted the perp at other location, and then perp opened that food truck Twitch livestream.
IDK. imo jmo moo

Whoah 50?? That seems like LOTS. Does anyone know if this is the norm for a murder? I imagine with technology/devices/privacy may need many OR multiple people involved? But this is great news overall.

They have four victims. Just getting their cell phone data released is four warrants. I don't think 50 is that high.

The more I think about this, the more clearly I see the possibilities:
1) The killer was present with either K&M or X&E prior to the murders, most likely at the food truck or the frat party. The killer would have been present at the moment of the victim's departure. Otherwise, how would he know when they went home? The killer would also need to know the victims well enough to know where they lived.

OR

2) The killer watched and waited to strike. He would have to know the occupancy of the house to know when everyone was home. How else could he be sure that other roommates or friends weren't going to come home in the middle of the act? The killer would live within sight and walking distance of the house.

I don't see any other likely possibility, other than some disturbed mind picked a random house to attack and got lucky not to get caught (yet).

But assuming the killer didn't just pick a random house, which should be known from the forensics, then logic says that the killer must have known when the victims would be arriving home. Therefore the killer was either with the victims when they departed to go home, or the killer was already watching the home (either from inside his own home or from inside the victim's home). I don't think he was spending hours in the frigid dark weather hiding in trees, waiting for the victims to arrive. He would have no clue if they were coming home at 1, 2, 3, 4, or even 5 am. Or even not at all! He also would have turned his phone off, so he would be waiting for hours in the cold dark with nothing to do. Every minute he spent waiting was another minute he risked being seen. I guess it's possible, but I don't think it's likely. He also could have been in their house already, but that is very risky.

Look at the people who were present with K&M and X&E, and look at every single person who lives within sight distance of the house, and I bet you will find the killer.
Great post. This is a pretty different theory than another one posted recently where the poster speculated that the perp is someone completely unknown to anyone and was passing through town. I have a lot of questions about that, such as where that person was staying, and I think your point about hiding for hours in the cold woods (likely without a cell phone) makes a lot of sense to me. I really doubt anyone would do that unless they are specifically targeting these victims, and if they were specific targets, then why would it be a random perp?

Someone else posted about employers noticing that an employee is out for an extended period, has suspicious injuries, etc. I would imagine everyone in that town is on high alert and hopefully such suspicions have been/are being reported to LE. Which again makes me think that locals/students/LE know much more than we are able to tell from reports. I also posted before that everyone near the investigation (other than SG...) is being pretty tight lipped. LE apparently interviewed hundreds of people. And none of them have blabbed to media about the questions asked, etc. as far as I'm aware. This is interesting IMO.

Then just to comment on SG knowing more than LE has possibly told him, I think that could go back to people (family, friends, etc.) talking to one another apart from LE and people putting two and two together. I'm 99% sure that's happening because we're all human, and look how much time us random strangers put into this forum lol. I'm sure everyone close to the investigation has their own forms of communication to share information on their own and put together theories. Which again makes me surprised more info hasn't been leaked.

View attachment 385664

Here's the reporter who claimed she talked to a neighbor who also told the police that the front door was open the following morning over 3 hours before the 911 call came in. On Twitter they didn't include her portion of the segment on the highlight but I'm still looking for the entire segment.
It was the neighbor’s front door that was open. Fox News 11/28,

The only other case this reminds me of is the Miyazawa murders in Setagaya, Japan in 2000. An unknown perp broken into the house while they were asleep and stabbed them all to death. No one heard or saw anything, no-one has ever been caught despite the police having DNA, and no-one knows if it was a random killing or someone known to the family.

The little boy was strungled, with killer's bare hands. The pаrents and their little daughter were killed with knife. Killer spent some time in the family home after killings: ate their food, usef their toilet, slept on their sofa, used their computer. DNA and fingerprints of the killer recovered from the crime scene, case never sold.

It was a 2016: 6 or 7 years old. I haven’t checked Kelley’s Blue Book, but I doubt that it was all that expensive. Might have had money saved, or a family loan, or a trade-in on her old car, if she had one, or something connected to her new job in Texas.

MOO
A 2016 or 2017 at the very cheapest is about $40,000 for the lowest model, with high miles (~100,000), and only in average condition. The price, depending on the trim level, mileage, and condition can go over $60,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear