ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m very late but was watching videos on this… Whatever happened to the guy they interacted with at a food truck or whatever and he seemingly followed them? Or was this a fake video?

I looked this up in an earlier thread (the FBI would be horrified by my search history) and it's not quite as easy as that. Here is one very graphic link, but be warned:

because it is ncbi, I'm assuming it's okay to post it here, but do be warned. There are photos and details. You can also google Fairbairn throat cutting and get to a lot of how to from there. you can also google neck tendons and ligament structure and get a pretty good idea. here's more info;

lots of ways to disable quickly in there. Also, carotid is 1.5 inches in, so using that as a guide...
FBI gonna show up at your door...lmaoo

Hard to imagine someone who had the forethought to change their clothes, but then leave the ones with their DNA potentially on them *at* the crime scene. I would for sure think anyone with half a brain (but again we're talking about a person who has severe mental flaws in the first place to be able to murder four people) would take the clothes with them.
My thinking as well. I believe that this was well planned out. Killer was just waiting for the perfect night when friend visitors weren't there, no late night party, and the bonus was that Kaylee was there. Had all his supplies gathered into a kit. Wore tyvek suit, head covering, booties and maybe a ski mask, unless he wanted the victims to see his face. After he finished, he took everything off, bagged it all into a trash bag, put the bag into a backpack, and left the house. Cold blooded, evil. MOO

I’m very late but was watching videos on this… Whatever happened to the guy they interacted with at a food truck or whatever and he seemingly followed them? Or was this a fake video?
All of the information released by the Police can be found on page 1 of this thread, including a statement regarding the individual that you are referencing.

The food truck video is real and the guy in the video wearing a hoodie is not believed to be involved.

Here's a link to catch you up on known facts.

Hard to imagine someone who had the forethought to change their clothes, but then leave the ones with their DNA potentially on them *at* the crime scene. I would for sure think anyone with half a brain (but again we're talking about a person who has severe mental flaws in the first place to be able to murder four people) would take the clothes with them.

Agreed. I keep wondering what this person actually wore. I'm going with the mask/ski mask theory, but I wonder if he also had some kind of visor or helmet?

And my big curiosity is what light source he had? Were the lights still on in the kitchen so that light would have spilled into X's room? Or was it dark? Surely it was dark up on the 3rd floor? My visor theory doesn't work if he didn't have a light source.

I believe he wore gloves, obviously, and keep pondering whether there would be trace DNA on the bottom of his shoes (probably very little but could be some). I worry that the coroner (who said she'd never had knifing victims before, I believe) didn't dissect the wounds in a manner consistent with trying to find small amounts of stranger DNA (and the process isn't always successful nor is it necessarily well known).

I now believe (after reading media thread) that E and X were living together at the house, so it could have been known to the perp that a man was inside frequently, at night. But to enter a dark room with two people, a man and a woman, without being able to see well enough to figure out their orientation and place in the room, is really audacious.

At any rate, this killer took his clothes and his weapon with him, when he left. IMO.

My thinking as well. I believe that this was well planned out. Killer was just waiting for the perfect night when friend visitors weren't there, no late night party, and the bonus was that Kaylee was there. Had all his supplies gathered into a kit. Wore tyvek suit, head covering, booties and maybe a ski mask, unless he wanted the victims to see his face. After he finished, he took everything off, bagged it all into a trash bag, put the bag into a backpack, and left the house. Cold blooded, evil. MOO
So working theory is he entered the house in street clothes (can’t be seen outdoors in a hazmat suit, and college kids are up at all hours of the night outside)? Entered in whatever way he did, and then suited up? Would he cast off DNA during that process? Afterward, would investigators be able to discern where he got out of the suit, by droplets or DNA or some means? Maybe I watch too much CSI.

I looked this up in an earlier thread (the FBI would be horrified by my search history) and it's not quite as easy as that. Here is one very graphic link, but be warned:

because it is ncbi, I'm assuming it's okay to post it here, but do be warned. There are photos and details. You can also google Fairbairn throat cutting and get to a lot of how to from there. you can also google neck tendons and ligament structure and get a pretty good idea. here's more info;

lots of ways to disable quickly in there. Also, carotid is 1.5 inches in, so using that as a guide...
When I first signed up here on WS, I had so many bookmarks and murder research saved on my computer. I took computer to a repair shop for something and when I went to pick it up a few days later the repairman gave me side eye asking me what I do for a living. I think it scared him.

Agreed. I keep wondering what this person actually wore. I'm going with the mask/ski mask theory, but I wonder if he also had some kind of visor or helmet?

And my big curiosity is what light source he had? Were the lights still on in the kitchen so that light would have spilled into X's room? Or was it dark? Surely it was dark up on the 3rd floor? My visor theory doesn't work if he didn't have a light source.

I believe he wore gloves, obviously, and keep pondering whether there would be trace DNA on the bottom of his shoes (probably very little but could be some). I worry that the coroner (who said she'd never had knifing victims before, I believe) didn't dissect the wounds in a manner consistent with trying to find small amounts of stranger DNA (and the process isn't always successful nor is it necessarily well known).

I now believe (after reading media thread) that E and X were living together at the house, so it could have been known to the perp that a man was inside frequently, at night. But to enter a dark room with two people, a man and a woman, without being able to see well enough to figure out their orientation and place in the room, is really audacious.

At any rate, this killer took his clothes and his weapon with him, when he left. IMO.
unless he waited around until blood pooled and walked through it then there is a fair chance he would have no blood on his shoes. I lean to just no one saw him after the fact and theres no blood mystery at all.

If unplanned (or if the extent of it was unplanned), how, on earth, were they able to escape seemingly with little trace of blood after stabbing four people?? I don't think we ever saw footage of LE taking evidence along pathways nearby where the killer had escaped. I know all we can do is speculate about what evidence LE may or may not have, but how prepared would you have to leave little trace from a scene like that?
They could well have taken exterior evidence without and /or before media descended.
They have never stated they got none.

A quick google search (yuck) shows in the top results an illustrated guide on where to stab someone, including pro's and con's for each.

Puncturing the lungs makes it impossible for the victims to cry out, apparently.

Could be - but usually the Coroner quotes what is in the actual autopsy report and does not dissemble with these public statements.

It's extremely important that all regional LE agencies know what kinds of wounds were actually committed, as that's how related crimes come to light.

well, normally I would just defer on this one since I'm neither an expert nor homicidal maniac, but we haven't seen the full autopsy reports, have we? if they've been released, I missed them. And I would think/hope that what would be shared with regional LE would be a lot more than what they've shared with the general public, esp in regards to extra wounds or specific tailoring to the target. So honest disclosure to the public would not be the same level of full disclosure required with those related to the investigation, or so it would seem to me, but again, IDK. I sure hope they're not telling us everything.

I've been wondering whether the killer was in the house when they went to bed. I know some have suggested that before, but what if he drugged them somehow? That would explain how they were killed in their beds with only limited defensive wounds. That would mean it was someone they knew and trusted. MOO
If it was an acquaintance, then they were taking a HUGE RISK! LE will leave no stone unturned in identifying ALL those who have interacted with the victims (phone, text, email. Instagram etc). This was a person unknown to the victims. MOO.

When I first signed up here on WS, I had so many bookmarks and murder research saved on my computer. I took computer to a repair shop for something and when I went to pick it up a few days later the repairman gave me side eye asking me what I do for a living. I think it scared him.
well, maybe we'll be arrested together and can swap research :) still, kudos to you for researching instead of spitballing (although the latter is sometimes helpful, too)

What strikes me in this video is just how dark and isolated it is in that upper parking lot behind the house. You can see in this capture I took that the only light was Brian's car headlights. Looks like a spot someone could use to have a nearly open view of the back of that house. I get chills just looking at it. MOO

Link to photo in quoted tweet.

QPt9dGF.jpg

Someone today on this thread posted about another murder where the killer left little to no evidence because he wore a tyvex type of onsesie thing. PPE thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname