ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the Events…

Why would Police think someone that drove by departed for Canada?

The fact they don’t think it’ll be at the local supermarket, and have moved out a distance indicates to me they think it’s likely he may have fled.

Everybody has an opinion, I think that Car will lead to the Perp, if they can get the tag.
Maybe -- and this is a wild guess/jmo -- they have looked at all the video for the tight square, and they have IDd every car in that timeframe using the massive dmv databases across the US and that is the car they can't place, and that doesn't seem to fit, and then they expanded and found similar Elantras headed that direction. they might not know the license plate or the owner (obviously) but if they scoured all the camera feed from the neighboring states and found one or more unidentifiable Elantras headed the direction, it would be a clue. without saying where I live, I can tell you that I cannot cross from one city to another and back again without being on camera, license plate read, and a ticket sent if I don't stop to pay, and it's online the next day. for people who don't know or think that exists out here, well, they'd be wrong. so there are ways to move out of that tight circle, ID the known, narrow down to the. unknown, and go from there.

IMO and vast experience, drunk people are unpredictable, volatile, noisy, erratic and can be unusually violent. It would be a strange type of criminal who a) wouldn’t implicitly know that and b) would assume his targets are all 100% dead drunk fast asleep. I don’t think anyone could rely on that as a basis for successful murder plan. Unless of course it was never planned and the murderer happened to find everyone in deep drunken sleep but then how would they know that as opposed to regular sleep?

We know that by the time the two girls arrived at the Grub Hub to place the order they weren't drinking any longer. If we guess their drinking at CC stopped at 1am, then perhaps they weren't all that loaded two or three hours later when they were massacred around 3 or 4am. They were sleepy and tipsy. I hope they didn't suffer but a tiny fraction of a second.

Most everyone has expressed a desire to know how one killer was able to come into the house and slaughter four humans without leaving a trace is bewildering and beyond my scope. I hope LE has a lot of data but not drowning in it. 118 pieces of evidence didn't seem like much for four young adults.

Does anyone else feel it's SUPER ODD that the coroner is also a CRIMINAL DEFENSE attorney....representing a local convicted killer who has just been arrested AGAIN?? (Been gone a few hours....apologize if already discussed)

From Article:
"Bizarrely, Leonard's defense attorney is also the county coroner who said that all four college students were victims of homicide by stabbing, and that their wounds had likely been inflicted in their sleep."
View attachment 386315Idaho murders: Convicted killer arrested a mile from university stabbings
No
JMO

Does anyone else feel it's SUPER ODD that the coroner is also a CRIMINAL DEFENSE attorney....representing a local convicted killer who has just been arrested AGAIN?? (Been gone a few hours....apologize if already discussed)

From Article:
"Bizarrely, Leonard's defense attorney is also the county coroner who said that all four college students were victims of homicide by stabbing, and that their wounds had likely been inflicted in their sleep."
View attachment 386315Idaho murders: Convicted killer arrested a mile from university stabbings
not if there's not a conflict of interest but it would seem, at least superficially, that there would be. the coroner doesn't actually do the autopsies. that said, if I were opposing counsel, I'd sure question it.

So working theory is he entered the house in street clothes (can’t be seen outdoors in a hazmat suit, and college kids are up at all hours of the night outside)? Entered in whatever way he did, and then suited up? Would he cast off DNA during that process? Afterward, would investigators be able to discern where he got out of the suit, by droplets or DNA or some means? Maybe I watch too much CSI.
It would be interesting to know if LE checked the washer and dryer. I also wonder if the killer dressed in layers, took off exterior layer and threw in the washing machine

There are vin numbers in a bunch of places on a car.
my guess is that a decent chop shop knows how to fix that problem, but more importantly, they'd be selling under the table and around the normal licensing system. just guessing. so before LE can search the car for multiple VINS, they need to know who has the car, where it is, and they need a warrant.

Please understand that my comment has NOTHING to do with WHO the local killer is...nor am I saying it's in ANY way related.....I just feel like it's a HUGE conflict of interest.

My dad was a cop for 25 years (Chicago)...and went on to become an attorney. He would NEVER have touched anything criminal - especially in a DEFENSE capacity.

I view the coroner as "on the side of LE".....helping them understand the victims last moments, etc. I would be really disturbed by this if it were my child who had been murdered. Knowing the person who viewed their body & will likely testify in court, also has NO QUALMS about representing a murderer.

To be honest, this is the first time that I've heard that K's dad has said anything about the private party that picked up the girls. I think I've read everything on this case as I've been home for the past 2 weeks recovering from surgery with nothing else to do. LOL!

Please remember that there is an eye witness by the name of Joe Vidot who was at the food truck chatting with the girls (this is the infamous Twitch video that has been widely shared and viewed). This article says, "Later Vidot said the two young women were picked up in a dark four-door sedan. Describing their collection, he commented: "A guy got out and yelled 'hurry up.' "
I’m just catching up so I don’t know if this has been posted yet.
I think a “sorority service” doesn’t necessarily mean the drivers were in a sorority, it just means it was a private service provided to sorority members.
I know of cases where fraternities volunteer designated drivers for sorority sisters.
1:25 Madison Morgen was Kaylee’s lifelong best friend and the pair seen together in their final hours of life, laughing and ordering late night food before getting a ride home together in what [Kaylee’s father] Steve described as a sorority designated driver service

my guess is that a decent chop shop knows how to fix that problem, but more importantly, they'd be selling under the table and around the normal licensing system. just guessing. so before LE can search the car for multiple VINS, they need to know who has the car, where it is, and they need a warrant.
Is that year of Elantra worth stealing and fixing up to sell?

I want to correct what I said about the orientation of X and E's room - I think it faces east (but with trees outside). Trees will cut moonlight significantly.

If I'm calculating properly, the moon came up (in the east) at about 1 am early Saturday. So yes, there would have been *some* moonlight in at least the second floor bedroom - but filtered by tree shade (for us, that means it's still pretty dark inside).

It's really weird to even ponder that the perp might have waited for a night with 1) no parties and 2) some moonlight when 3) K was back in town.
There might have been fog that night as well - anyone know where to find that out (if it matters)? I’m a moon person & know we (I’m local) had fog around then but can’t remember the specific night(s).

The yellow highlight is where X's room is located based on the many floor plans and photos spread across the internet. I could be wrong. Assuming I am correct, the bedroom is actually on the Northwest corner of the second floor. I believe there is only one window in the room and it faces north. I am guessing there would be some ambient light in the room from all the surrounding homes, apartments, and street/parking lot lights.

View attachment 386302
Arrow is where purported blood seeps down foundation. X's room #4. The doorway into the first floor opens to the north so X's room is on the NW corner of floor 2 with window opening north.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 2.07.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 2.07.17 AM.png
    742.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Please understand that my comment has NOTHING to do with WHO the local killer is...nor am I saying it's in ANY way related.....I just feel like it's a HUGE conflict of interest.

My dad was a cop for 25 years (Chicago)...and went on to become an attorney. He would NEVER have touched anything criminal - especially in a DEFENSE capacity.

I view the coroner as "on the side of LE".....helping them understand the victims last moments, etc. I would be really disturbed by this if it were my child who had been murdered. Knowing the person who viewed their body & will likely testify in court, also has NO QUALMS about representing a murderer.

can't speak for your dad, but prosecutors flipping to defense is quite common. here's one fun read; If You Want to Be a Defense Attorney, be a Prosecutor – Marquette University Law School Faculty Blog

but it's almost a stereotype.

Regarding hazmat suits:

I'm 5'3/120, and I've worked at a number of places that supplied them for certain job duties. No one has ever had a package of them ready to go that fit me. I'd have to tape tucks in the ankles, tucks in the wrists, etc, or the legs and arms would be down over my hands and feet. And they'd still be so huge and long in the body as to get in the way of really free movement and quickness. Same with what most local stores stock. If this was not planned enough in advance to order one, a short person would be wading in a standard off the shelf one, imo.

Also, if I saw someone walking around my neighborhood in the middle of the night in a hazmat suit without an obvious crisis involving emergency vehicles, I'd remember. Safer to put it on inside, but that's risky. If you get surprised, you're not fully mobile to attack or defend yourself with this thing half on.

Regarding multiple wounds: it's cold here in Idaho. It was cold already in November. On my bed right now, I have flannel sheets, a big down comforter, and an electric blanket. If someone tried to stab me in the dark, they'd be aiming at a puffy lump and it might well take a few shots to hit something vital. Pulling it all off first is risky -- the person might wake up, move, scream, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname