ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best guess still hasn’t changed with even more news being released:

- Kaylee was the target/object of the rage and Madison and especially Ethan and Xana were killed because they got in the way. A lot seems to center around Kaylee. She was described as someone everyone adored and was truly special. She was the one moving away. And she was the one who placed multiple phone calls very shortly before she was killed.

- Killer likely entered on the 2nd (main) floor via the keypad door or one of the two sliding doors. The sliding door entry might very well have necessitated his killing of Ethan and Xana if they were in the kitchen at the time or he came in via the sliding door in their bedroom. Ethan and Xana would have been in his way no matter what, but he had to go out of his way to kill the other two upstairs. That says to me he really wanted one or both of them dead.

- Killer was someone they all knew, had interacted with, but were probably not super close with… maybe a neighbor, classmate, restaurant customer, friend of a friend, or frequent party-goer at their house

- Two other roommates weren’t killed due to the killer not being aware they were downstairs or because their door was locked. Or it’s possible he didn’t WANT to kill anyone except for his target, and so he bypassed them altogether because they didn’t get in his way.

- Kaylee moving away soon played a factor in the killer’s decision to strike now before she was gone for good

- The two other roommates are mentioned as “key” or in vague/confusing terms by police because they knew the killer and possibly could have even interacted with him that very day (what if he actually came over as part of a group earlier that night and hung out with the girls, maybe even unlocking doors or windows for his return later). Maybe the police are still even trying to determine if they assisted the killer in any way, thus the confusing language regarding their status as suspects. But I truly believe they are innocent and at absolute MOST might have unwillingly and unknowingly aided the killer somehow. They’re likely terrified to talk regardless of what happened. Their survivor guilt will be just awful.
I agree but I think M was the target too JMO

Two other roommates weren’t killed due to the killer not being aware they were downstairs or because their door was locked. Or it’s possible he didn’t WANT to kill anyone except for his target, and so he bypassed them altogether because they didn’t get in his way.
Do we have any confirmation on where the 2 survivors were located? Several people are suggesting they were downstairs but I have not seen that reported?

“[FBI] agents located out of … West Virginia (in addition to Treasure Valley, ID, Salt Lake City, Utah and 2 Behavior Analysis Unit)” is interesting, IMO. I didn’t think anyone had family there?
This probably explains the West Virginia connection:

Here’s what Aaron Snell, the communications director for ISP, the one who the chief said at the press conference would be handling all media inquiries, said re: the roommates:

"These are people who may have seen the crime but on the flip side may have committed the crime," said Aaron Snell, communications director for the Idaho State Police. "We don’t know if they are witnesses, victims or suspects, so until we do a thorough investigation, naming them would be inappropriate."

Bolding mine.
Strong words from LE.

Re. the second bolded, I think this investigation is ongoing and LE want more information.

But there's also the flip side that sometimes LE appear to clear someone, when they still have their eyes on them.
The Laura Wallen case is one.
Tyler Tessier, her boyfriend, sat with the parents at the presser and begged for information, when he was the killer.

M00.

Hi Warwick 7,

Question: For number 5 did you by any chance see the video where Snell said “figure out what occurred and why. That’s their story to tell”. I can’t find it in any of the interviews that Kayna Whitworth posted? CNN manipulated the interview a bit In their version of the story.

In the ABC interview Kayna Whitworth states “potentially they are the key to this whole thing” and Adam Snell agrees and repeats it back to her, yes potentially they are the key. She said it first and he repeats it (interview linked below).

Does anyone else think this kind of leading statement is unusual for a reporter unless she has some inside information?

It is plausible, given the layout of the house that they were passed out and did not hear anything. I had a fire in my apartment building 2 floors down and slept through it, thank god they got it contained to that floor, one tenant and his dog died in the fire. My neighbors could not believe I did not hear anything but I sleep with a loud air conditioner and a noise machine.

That being said, for the communications director of the state police to agree they are the key, I think is puzzling as it completely eliminates a random druggie or robbery gone wrong. I think a more experienced spokesman would have ducked that question until the police had more answers. And his request for neighborhood video - I would have thought the police would have already canvased the entire neighhorhood house by house to see if there were cameras as some of the footage may only be a stored for a limited time. Unless of course they are a small force and just don’t have the manpower.

I was also surprised Kayna did not ask how are the girls are doing given the circumstances, where are the girls now, or have they gone home?

I may be overthinking it! thoughts?

P.S. Why hasn’t any reporter been able to get to the bottom of the 911 call?

Reporters will do what's best for the investigation. If the 911 call is relevant to the investigation, they're not going to air it or talk about it. If they do, they risk losing the confidence of sources.

MOO

I have been looking into the food truck and bar details. The bar seems to close at 2:00 AM which is when they have to stop serving alcohol in Idaho. That is consistent with the timeline of being at the food truck just before 2:00 and quite a few people around there.

This seems to be the truck: Grub Wandering Kitchen

I read somewhere that their truck was near the Garden Lounge which can be seen in the background. I also read Maddie ordered carbonara. But if you look at the menu there is no carbonara. Have I missed something?

Hi Warwick 7,

Question: For number 5 did you by any chance see the video where Snell said “figure out what occurred and why. That’s their story to tell”. I can’t find it in any of the interviews that Kayna Whitworth posted? CNN manipulated the interview a bit In their version of the story.

In the ABC interview Kayna Whitworth states “potentially they are the key to this whole thing” and Adam Snell agrees and repeats it back to her, yes potentially they are the key. She said it first and he repeats it (interview linked below).

Does anyone else think this kind of leading statement is unusual for a reporter unless she has some inside information?

It is plausible, given the layout of the house that they were passed out and did not hear anything. I had a fire in my apartment building 2 floors down and slept through it, thank god they got it contained to that floor, one tenant and his dog died in the fire. My neighbors could not believe I did not hear anything but I sleep with a loud air conditioner and a noise machine.

That being said, for the communications director of the state police to agree they are the key, I think is puzzling as it completely eliminates a random druggie or robbery gone wrong. I think a more experienced spokesman would have ducked that question until the police had more answers. And his request for neighborhood video - I would have thought the police would have already canvased the entire neighhorhood house by house to see if there were cameras as some of the footage may only be a stored for a limited time. Unless of course they are a small force and just don’t have the manpower.

I was also surprised Kayna did not ask how are the girls are doing given the circumstances, where are the girls now, or have they gone home?

I may be overthinking it! thoughts?

P.S. Why hasn’t any reporter been able to get to the bottom of the 911 call?
I think you stated what I’ve felt but didn’t take the time to look up. I’m not sure Snell says what CNN reported unless they spoke with him. If they did, I’ve not seen the video and am more inclined to believe the ABC video, which was leading, but a good way to get him to commit or give info, which he did. However, I never heard him say what CNN reported in regards to roommates as suspects.

What are everyone's thoughts re E and X and the sp(s) motives? I seriously do not think they were the target and they just happened to be in the right room at a good location where the sp might have entered through the kitchen sliding doors. JMO

IMO i have to say that despite the bumbling nature of local police have handled the press, the FBI is involved and i think that if they have a suspect they could be advised to keep saying there's no POI or suspect. same with the autopsies, they may have something and also they probably do not want to divulge such gruesome imagery to the public in respect to the families.

This probably explains the West Virginia connection:

Makes perfect sense. Thank you so much, MassGuy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey