ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is the car doesn’t belong to a witness, but likely the killer, jmo.
I wouldn't be surprised if the car 'belongs' to an accomplice. (When I say belongs, I'm including the possibility it might have been borrowed from a friend or relative of the accomplice.) My guess is that it's currently far, far from Idaho, or quite possibly no longer white.

I wonder if law enforcement has checked with these companies that sell wraps/temporary paint to see if anyone in the area bought the materials to paint their car white shortly before the murders? Changing your car's color for just long enough to commit a crime and then peeling that off would be a genius way to throw off LE.

It is weird, he said he asked them about why they come in in a group and if it was for safety? That is strange. It's very common for college girls to shop in groups together.
I wonder if K's stalking incident the vape shop guy was describing was the same that LE already checked out and cleared the two guys involved? It was reported in MSM a week ago.

When I googled where the nearest Jack in the box was it shows that Pullman, WA has one. I don't believe there is one in Moscow. JMO
restaurant hrs- closes at 10pm

Overused term. People throw the word ‘stalker” around very easily to describe a pest, annoying member of the opposite gender, a guy who wants a date etc. If KG didn’t file a police report, it wasn’t serious enough is my thought.
I agree with you on that. I notice the guy didn't mention that he asked if they had reported it to anyone and he didn't mention that he told them perhaps they should so I tend to think they didn't appear overly concerned about it.

I haven't read every post on this thread to date, so forgive me if this is a repeat theory. But I'm wondering if LE has cleared every person living in the surrounding houses/apartments. From interviews done with a couple of neighbors, the house was notorious for parties, people coming and going all the time. Could the house/occupants have been an irritant to an unstable neighbor nearby who wanted to "shut down" the party house. Would explain why there's very little security footage in surrounding areas of cars/people acting suspiciously (outside of the white sedan which may or may not be suspicous). Perp walked over to house and then returned home and has been holed up since the incident. A reclusive type person who isn't social, doesn't leave home much. Would also explain the potential knowledge of the layout of the house and the occupants activities - most nights and this night in particular.

Just my speculation/potential theory.

The car is almost certainly vital.
I don't think it's possible to not know about the murders. Particularly if you were there on the night.

I think at least 95 % of adults in the states are aware of it. Everyone is so connected and informed these days.

These victims were "likely asleep when they were attacked" according to the coroner. Not the kind of work that an impulsive, hastily-made decision from an ego-bruised dude from earlier that night would carry out (and so meticulously/efficiently at that). Indeed, this had to be calculated, quiet, and quick.

Far more likely a well-planned out attack from a sadistic, depraved mind that built up his fantasy over a period of months/years, couldn't resist the urge any longer, and executed his frenzy. Probably stalked them anonymously on SM via various channels and perhaps even kept up with their posted locations and/or used his own locators.

My opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if the car 'belongs' to an accomplice. (When I say belongs, I'm including the possibility it might have been borrowed from a friend or relative of the accomplice.) My guess is that it's currently far, far from Idaho, or quite possibly no longer white.

I wonder if law enforcement has checked with these companies that sell wraps/temporary paint to see if anyone in the area bought the materials to paint their car white shortly before the murders? Changing your car's color for just long enough to commit a crime and then peeling that off would be a genius way to throw off LE.
There's a good chance the car was stolen.
Maybe now it's in a forest somewhere covered in a tarp and foliage. Possibly burned out to destroy DNA.

Not that hard to hide a car in Idaho.

I agree with you on that. I notice the guy didn't mention that he asked if they had reported it to anyone and he didn't mention that he told them perhaps they should so I tend to think they didn't appear overly concerned about it.
JMO I think they may have been half joking about it. We are talking about 20, 21 year old girls here.

As with the gas station video, we don't know if the clock is set at PDT or PST. Imo.
We don't know, but wouldn't the owners of the camera know? Presumably they were talking to reporters.

When my step son was in collage I borrowed my car to him when his broke down. This would of been register in my previous name & address as we had just gotten married.

ETA: I was trying to quote someone else and failed LOL. Someone else said they think it was a neighbor....

We both posted about this about the same time lol.....I really think this is the occam's razor of this case.

JMO I think they may have been half joking about it. We are talking about 20, 21 year old girls here.
Agreed. <modsnip> My college age daughter and her group of friends use the term to represent a guy who they are Not interested in dating but still makes advances. Not enough to file a police report, but enough to take notice and never be alone around.

Last edited by a moderator:
These victims were "likely asleep when they were attacked" according to the coroner. Not the kind of work that an impulsive, hastily-made decision from an ego-bruised dude from earlier that night would carry out (and so meticulously/efficiently at that). Indeed, this had to be calculated, quiet, and quick.

Far more likely a well-planned out attack from a sadistic, depraved mind that built up his fantasy over a period of months/years, couldn't resist the urge any longer, and executed his frenzy. Probably stalked them anonymously on SM via various channels and perhaps even kept up with their posted locations and/or used his own locators.

My opinion.

Yes, this. And I think it was a neighbor. Motivation: "shut down" the noisy party house, Opportunity: Lived nearby and could surveil them easily.

Or look at it in the other direction. Would K have still visited if there was a party planned, or did she just want to hang out with her friends? If she came because she knew there was no party, then who else knew that the house wasn't going to be full of people?
I would be interested to know if anyone was angered about K making the trip back to Moskow. Maybe someone who fumes or retaliates when not in total control of situation? It could be an unknown watcher or someone she knew who was a) glad she was gone from Moskow or b) happy to have her back in her hometown. MOO

This is certainly possible as it feels anything is possible at this point.

But if this were the case , what role do you think the white Hyundai plays ?

The killer either walked or drove to the house. Either/or.

So do we think the public was given this huge notice to BOLO for a white Hyundai just “incase” the driver happened to see something ? And what could the driver possibly have seen? A person entering a house? Even if the car was there for other reasons that have nothing to do with the murder, what are the chances that they even were looking in the direction of the home at the exact time that the killer entered or exited the home? Feels unlikely to me.

I think the white Hyundai plays some other role of either being the killer or , LE knows that this Hyundai was in communication of some sort with some of the victims that night.
Perhaps the Hyundai in question stayed (e.g. was parked) in the area within the probable time frame of the murders.

December 16, 2022 / 11:34 AM BY STEPHEN SMITH rbbm.
1671212261762.png
''Detectives have been searching for a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra that was seen on video "in the immediate area" of the residence around the time of the murders. On Thursday, the Moscow Police Department said investigators are sorting through 22,000 registered vehicles that fit the description of the car.

"Through our tips, through our leads, some of the evidence that came in, we start to identify patterns," Captain Roger Lanier said in a video interview Thursday. "And like we said earlier, we are confident that the occupant or occupants of that vehicle had information that's critical to this investigation."

Lanier said officers have been gathering video evidence since the day of the crime, on Nov. 13. He said that while the focus was initially the immediate area, the search for video eventually expanded to the King Road area and main thoroughfares in the city.

"We weren't trying to pigeonhole our investigation into the suspect lives in the area,
" Lanier said. "We wanted to make sure that we covered all the bases."

My opinion.
Hypothetical-if someone stealthily entered a room, tapped a sleeping individual and held a knife to them and told them to be quiet, would that fall under the “likely asleep when attacked”? How was the killer able to go on to each room’s second victim without awakening them?

Could the driver of the White car - be watching the feed from the grubtruck live and saw K & M order food and waited for them to go home before arriving by car??

Linda Avenue - is walkable to the King address - at the end of the street. Could the person have been watching them before this night - previously by cutting through Linda Avenue??? Just considering possiblities MOO
I think based on how well this was planned, it is unlikley it involves the food truck live stream.

I would be interested to know if anyone was angered about K making the trip back to Moskow. Maybe someone who fumes or retaliates when not in total control of situation? It could be an unknown watcher or someone she knew who was a) glad she was gone from Moskow or b) happy to have her back in her hometown. MOO
How would an unknown watcher/stalker know for how long K was planning on staying in town or even on which day she would arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74