ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which heightens the interest in the vehicle that was seen heading West on Talyor avenue between 2:45 and 3:15 AM, and was seen heading in the opposite direction, East on White - the same road as Styner and Taylor.

West on Taylor into a cul de sac at 2:45, going East on the same road at 3:45?

What happened? Did he get messed up by killing four people and blank out as he took backroads, only to find himself Westbound on White Ave 30 minutes or so after the murders?

Google Map
Thanks

Well, to be fair, we don’t know if it was 30 mins after the Murders.

Maybe that Car at Exxon isn’t an Elantra.

A point that not everyone sees, but I
Know you have, is that’s its only 10 mins or so over there (White Ave) - and we don’t know that he was ready to barrel for Canada non-stop.

He didn’t leave out Taylor Ave. (Not picked up on Cam pointed to Taylor).

The back way out and path could mean his direction is not surprising later going West on White, if that is him.

If he takes Walenta to Ridge and takes Palouse River Drive over to that part of town, which doesn’t take long, and hits Mountain View hits White Ave. Makes a Right on rt. 8 and goes North, or is that East?

He’s not actually coming back to 1122 King.

Move the murders to 3:15 and the times probably align.

MOO.

Thanks for the Maps and thoughts

I don't know about fallout about the new video. Mr. Goncalves seemed to play it down. Said to concentrate on the car. Christmas will be very sad for his family.
I agree the holidays will really just be the worst for these families. I also have to say- the car again! It keeps being debated but I'm really thinking it is key in this case. Even if LE told him to say that, it means a lot IMO.

That the driver of the vehicle, in the vicinity of the mass murder during the murders, has not come forward implies that the driver has something to hide about that evening, such as what he was doing during the murders. If he has nothing to hide, he would have come forward to clear himself by now. That's what we've seen in other multiple murders such as cousins Lyric and Lizzie in Evansdale. A van was near the specific location where two girls disappeared. The vehicle owner came forward, the driver was cleared ... ruled out.

That hasn't happened with the white car near this mass murder, which increases the likelihood that the driver is involved in the murders ... although police have said this is a witness vehicle.
Don’t think they’ve said it’s a witness vehicle, not exclusively - (confident the occupant or occupants have information that is crucial)

And they have strategic reasons not to call him a suspect

That the driver of the vehicle, in the vicinity of the mass murder during the murders, has not come forward implies that the driver has something to hide about that evening, such as what he was doing during the murders. If he has nothing to hide, he would have come forward to clear himself by now. That's what we've seen in other multiple murders such as cousins Lyric and Lizzie in Evansdale. A van was near the specific location where two girls disappeared. The vehicle owner came forward, the driver was cleared ... ruled out.

That hasn't happened with the white car near this mass murder, which increases the likelihood that the driver is involved in the murders ... although police have said this is a witness vehicle.
A witness vehicle could belong to somebody having an illicit affair in the area?
People may have walked past it and noticed a couple inside?

If a guilty party owns the car, I feel it has been abandoned, driven in to a lake somewhere or painted a different color. Innocent party I would have thought would have driven it to the Police station to clear themselves and move the investigation along.

Citation? MPD has never claimed it to be "a witness vehicle" to my knowledge. MPD:
Investigators believe the occupant(s) of this vehicle may have critical information to share regarding this case

Thanks

Know you have, is that’s its only 10 mins or so over there (White Ave) - and we don’t know that he was ready to barrel for Canada non-stop.

The back way out and path could mean his direction is not surprising later going West on White, if that is him.

If he takes Walenta to Ridge and takes Palouse River Drive over to that part of town, which doesn’t take long, and hits Mountain View hits White Ave. Makes a Right on rt. 8 and goes North, or is that East?

MOO.

Tenant arrives home with boyfriend 1:45 AM, bed ?
Two tenants arrive home 2 AM, eat pasta
Tenants fooling around on the phone 7 calls until 2:52 AM
Tenants asleep 3:00 AM
White vehicle heading towards cul de sac mass murder location 2:45-3:15 AM
Murders 3-4 AM
White car heading same direction from East or murders 3:45 AM

I'm curious - what would trigger someone in the middle of the night, around 2:45 AM, to drive to someone's house to murder with a hunting knife ... and murder everyone in the way?

Thanks for the link. “2 people had defensive wounds” is something I can’t remember hearing prior.
Yes, LE said some had defensive wounds. Maybe two of the victims woke up as the person next to them was being stabbed and they had a chance to fight back.

Or one of them heard something going on above or below them and got up to look around.

Even if they were all asleep I would think it would be an automatic response to fight off an attack.

Hopefully one of them was able to scratch him. I'm not sure how likely it would have been for the perp to cut himself but I hope he left some DNA behind.

Thanks

MOO.

That’s one of the routes I had been contemplating to take Palouse River Dr into account as the southern boundary of the original grid. I made this one earlier tonight taking into account the video from Linda Lane of the vehicle on Taylor heading west and the video on White also heading west. (Still not convinced that the White Ave video is the car they are looking for, but the LE checks in Troy and Kendrick may indicate that LE is trying to see if the Elantra originally came from that direction and we might have a later timeline.)

Attachments

• 07C77930-581C-474C-A5E6-81779E844509.jpeg
    07C77930-581C-474C-A5E6-81779E844509.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 85
Which heightens the interest in the vehicle that was seen heading West on Talyor avenue between 2:45 and 3:15 AM, and was seen heading in the opposite direction, East on White - the same road as Styner and Taylor.

West on Taylor into a cul de sac at 2:45, going East on the same road at 3:45?

What happened? Did he get messed up by killing four people and blank out as he took backroads, only to find himself Westbound on White Ave 30 minutes or so after the murders?

Google Map
He picked circuitous route to avoid potential traffic cameras…and since everybody in the country knows that Moscow LE is looking to speak w. the driver, the fact that he hasn’t contacted them says it all, really.

Murders 3-4 AM

I'm curious - what would trigger someone in the middle of the night, around 2:45 AM, to drive to someone's house to murder with a hunting knife ... and murder everyone in the way?
Betrayal, Passion, Anger, outrage.

To me, you make a good point for it being someone in her life, and been in that house at some point. Somebody that she interacted with or moved around

That car had to go somewhere right after the crime to be cleaned up, where? If not the boonies, someone must've noticed!
Clean up is an assumption. Peter Porco wore a painter overall while he attacked his parents with multiple axe blows - while they slept. Gloves and protective suit make cleanup easy. This was targeted, planned, pre-meditated. The suspect probably kept the knife not only because it is a tool, but because it is a trophy with memories.

The suspect could have stepped outside, removed gloves and overalls, put them into a plastic bag, sticking the knife into the dirt while walking away, and been long gone before the other 2 tenants woke up. The car ... it looks like the only mistake by the murderer, and clue. CCTV

Murders 3-4 AM

maybe it was pre plannned

Yes, LE said some had defensive wounds. Maybe two of the victims woke up as the person next to them was being stabbed and they had a chance to fight back.

Or one of them heard something going on above or below them and got up to look around.

Even if they were all asleep I would think it would be an automatic response to fight off an attack.

Hopefully one of them was able to scratch him. I'm not sure how likely it would have been for the perp to cut himself but I hope he left some DNA behind.
Maybe If we’re lucky one of the girls had some of those long fake nails on a at the time, not easy to bend etc.

It takes specialized equipment to capture images of license plates from moving cars. Red light and other cameras are controversial and even outlawed in some places. Many communities that used to have red light cameras have since removed them. [Wikipedia: Red Light camera decrease since 2012 in the USA]

Someone will be along any second to let us know whether Idaho allows them, and whether Moscow in particular has any.
As a person who has lived in Idaho for decades, I’ve never known anyone who received a red light ticket here. For driving in Idaho, that is.

Those are typical traffic cams though - there's no chance of reading a license plate off a moving car*. Red light cameras are designed for the explicit purpose of capturing a license plate in motion. They also make horrible traffic cams. :)

*unless things have drastically improved recently
Maybe. But they all appear to be at intersections that have traffic lights.
These are the public live feed links
City of Moscow Cams
470E6C97-EBEB-4CC2-A3A8-B64DFE0BC17C.jpeg

Here begins the fallout from the new video and the girls comments:

Works for me!! Adam is the bartender at the pub K&M were at just prior to being spotted on that newly released video, on their way to the food truck. LE has known about it for weeks & has moved on from. Thats enough for me to put this subject of discussion to bed.

It sounds like the lock on the slider patio door was either damaged, or easy to jimmy. Police said there are no signs of a break in, nor signs of sexual assault.

Police indicate that the slider could be the point of entry, but there was no break in. The other door/ lock on the house is the keypad door on the parking level; front of house. No signs of a break there, but how many people had the code?

Or, did someone enter through the second floor slider and look around to see who else was in the house on the second floor, maybe asleep on the sofa or in an adjoining room, before going to the third floor?

View attachment 388380
Can confirm a sliding glass door ”lock” is easy to Jimmy. We had a break-in through a basement SGD, and the police officer showed me how easy it is to do with a screwdriver, in just a second. It doesn’t even damage the “lock.” Always have something that blocks the door from sliding open. It can be something as simple as a wooden piece cut to the right dimensions, or they sell metal pieces designed for this purpose, at all the hardware/building supply chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419