ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK if I linked these correctly or not, but back in the day when we were only on thread #20, @OldCop and I discussed this potential 'monitoring' option. IMO JMO the killer could have easily placed these during one of his recon missions. clearly, we do not know if this happened, but it would explain a lot.

ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20
our unsub seems to have planned and monitored a lot, like BTK IMO, but this unsub appears to have arrived and left the scene quickly. our unsub did not appear to stay for anything extra.

At approx 23:30 in the video the officer catches up to the students in the field. In the background a girl is heard yelling "Stop it Stop!". She continues on, but I can't make out what she is saying. Does it sound like a girl annoyed by her boyfriend or something more sinister from a distance? The girl is heard on bodycam at 2:55am which is about 3min after Kaylees last call to J.D. Officers don't seem phrased by it. Thoughts?
Are you implying that the screaming was coming from 1122 King Rd, was heard a block away outside, and was unheard by the survivors within the same house?

there were a total of 650,127 of those model years sold in the USA
I guess my point is that in a town with a total population of 16,000 how many registered white 2011-2013 hyundais are there? And then the same for the surrounding towns etc.? Just pointing out that by saying you are looking for all of them implies that the ones in the surrounding areas are not being singled out (i.e. the owners are not being looked at), when of course those are REALLY the ones that are being looked at first, and more closely by LE.

Are you implying that the screaming was coming from 1122 King Rd, was heard a block away outside, and was unheard by the survivors within the same house?
Not necessarily, but I would be curious to know how well sound travels from the hill down to the field at that time of night. I'm always surprised how well sound travels on a quiet lake. I'm inclined to say it's from some kids close by, perhaps from 'the runners' that had been previously debated.

Not necessarily, but I would be curious to know how well sound travels from the hill down to the field at that time of night. I'm always surprised how well sound travels on a quiet lake. I'm inclined to say it's from some kids close by, perhaps from 'the runners' that had been previously debated.
what's weird is LE doesn't react at all. Wouldn’t common sense tell u a woman saying stop it is more important than underage drinking especially when u have 2 officers on scene?

Last edited:
Just a thought, MOO, but an ELANTRA wouldn’t be a great car to have in Idaho in the winter. It’s also not a high status car for that area—like a Jeep, pick up truck, Range Rover or other 4WD. It’s probably fairly useless in the snow.
As someone who went to U of I and drove a little rear wheel drive car (with studded snow tires in winter) I agree it’s not great, but college kids drive what they can get (or at least they used to).

our unsub seems to have planned and monitored a lot, like BTK IMO, but this unsub appears to have arrived and left the scene quickly. our unsub did not appear to stay for anything extra.
IMO JMO the killer would have known where they were and they're easy to collect. IMO I believe they could have been organized and calm enough to do it. AND IMO we can't say that our killer didn't stay for anything extra. IMO most of the killings went quickly, but how long was the killer there? IMO we only know an alleged timeframe based on the white Elantra, and IMO that may or may not be the same car and IMO it may or may not be the killer's car. IMO I'm not so convinced that this is as nailed down as we'd like. Of course, this is JMO, but if the killer had previously placed AVware, he could easily have recovered it on his way out along with some other keepsakes IMO.

Could it possibly be that law enforcement are investigating him to clear him, even if only perfunctory?
IMO they aren't releasing the name because they have eliminated him as having anything to do with the homicides and they don't want the public sleuthing him and calling in tips. That would only divert their resources when all hands are sorely needed for other tasks they've deemed more urgent.

I guess my point is that in a town with a total population of 16,000 how many registered white 2011-2013 hyundais are there? And then the same for the surrounding towns etc.? Just pointing out that by saying you are looking for all of them implies that the ones in the surrounding areas are not being singled out (i.e. the owners are not being looked at), when of course those are REALLY the ones that are being looked at first, and more closely by LE.
Then again…one MUST burn the entire haystack to reveal the shiny needle.

Or from someone standing on a balcony.

Just a thought, MOO, but an ELANTRA wouldn’t be a great car to have in Idaho in the winter. It’s also not a high status car for that area—like a Jeep, pick up truck, Range Rover or other 4WD. It’s probably fairly useless in the snow.
Front wheel drive with good tires and even better to have a manual transmission will suffice in most situations
As teens in the high mountains none of us had 4wd or even all wheel drive but I’m old

Editing to add my puzzlement over the high status part of your comment?
Many jeeps, older pickups and SUV’s aren’t expensive used.
I imagine many college students have no vehicle at all, drive a parents car or make do with what’s affordable

Last edited:
IMO they aren't releasing the name because they have eliminated him as having anything to do with the homicides and they don't want the public sleuthing him and calling in tips. That would only divert their resources when all hands are sorely needed for other tasks they've deemed more urgent.
It’s all about “need to know” in this situation. The public is in the “doesn’t need to know” category most of the time (especially during an active quadruple homicide investigation). They are “gathering” evidence so when they do arrest him, it sticks. Leave no stone unturned, as the one you skip - could belong to the killer. They are being prudent and acting with due diligence. It’s the only way to snare this kraken.

It’s all about “need to know” in this situation. The public is in the “doesn’t need to know” category most of the time (especially during an active quadruple homicide investigation). They are “gathering” evidence so when they do arrest him, it sticks. Leave no stone unturned, as the one you skip - could belong to the killer. They are being prudent and acting with due diligence. It’s the only way to snare this kraken.
agreed I feel like we are 4 weeks behind LE and thats how it should be.

The still photo with audio of the 3 walking down the street does not seem right to me.

The beginning words are allegedly Kaylee speaking to Maddie, yet I hear the word "ash". I played it numerous times and that is all that I kept hearing.

I understand that Fox News wants to protect someone, but it would be better if they just did something in the editing room where they could block out the identifying sidewalk and background so we can watch and hear it at the same time. Instead of looking at a still and hearing the voices.

Does anyone hear recognize Kaylee and Maddie's voices, if so, does that really sound like them?

TYIA
I'm starting to think Maddie says "I told Adam, I know everything."

And through the walls of a house so clearly that the words are not muffled??? I guess anything is possible...

BTK confession:

@ 01:48 Judge/prosecutor: "Beforehand, did you note who was in the house?"
Rader: "...I didn't realize Mister was going to be there."
Judge: "How did you get into the house?"
Rader: "I came through the backdoor..."

Similar crime that was a home invasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online