ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, victim one- only their DNA
Victim two - blood co-mingle has DNA of victim one
Victim three - blood co-mingle and DNA of victims two and one
Victim Four - blood co-mingle and DNA evidence of three proceeding victims

Agreed, any blood evidence recovered on the floors/walls/ etc. could show co mingle DNA. I was merely making my observation about sequence to show who may have been the main target in the homicides based on the order of the stabbings. JMO ONLY!!
It may not be quite as clear cut as 1-2-3-4 if, at some point, the killer alternated between stabbing two victims who were sharing a bed. But LE can certainly determine which room was targeted first and may be able to determine the full order by considering other evidence at the scene.

Does anyone think that the perp had to mount (sit on top) of the victims? Or did he just start stabbing from a standing position? Maybe back and forth from one sleeping victim to the other. (shudder the thought)
I can’t picture him climbing atop of them. Too much risk. It seems he definitely thought it all out, prepared, and premeditated, before deciding the standing position (while they are fully recumbent and reclined) - would be the most advantageous place to be. It all comes down to Risk verses Reward. He risked a lot, so somehow he invariably reaped a bigger sense of accomplishment and pride (ie: reward), his ego overinflated with the big secret. Beyond warped and Sickening. Jmoo

Yes, victim one- only their DNA
Victim two - blood co-mingle has DNA of victim one
Victim three - blood co-mingle and DNA of victims two and one
Victim Four - blood co-mingle and DNA evidence of three proceeding victims

Agreed, any blood evidence recovered on the floors/walls/ etc. could show co mingle DNA. I was merely making my observation about sequence to show who may have been the main target in the homicides based on the order of the stabbings. JMO ONLY!!
Yes I had posted <modsnip> a week or so ago the inoculation order evidentiary value .

And it *may* show intended target since possibly he would stop when he killed the one he came for along with anyone else in that bedroom who witnesses or could interfere. so if male-female couple were killed first, they are less likely to have been primary target. If he killed them last they are more likely to have been target.

But it is also possible he wanted to kill all four, or even possible that target was one of the survivors, but their door was locked

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a very frightening thing to find someone unconscious and not breathing. I found my elderly father in his bed with his oxygen pushed up over his nose, did not know for sure if he was still alive and breathing but immediately instructed my then 14 year old great nephew to dial 911 while I moved my father to the floor to start CPR. Only after dialing 911 on the landline and relaying information did I instruct him to use his cell to call my sister who lives next door and is an RN.

I wonder if perhaps that D and B called friends and/or siblings of E because those people were on their speed dial or easily found in contacts.
We do not know that either the survivors or the people the called over saw any bodies at all

also possible there were signatures or methods that are really divergent because
we all do not know exactly what the crime scenes looked like
And, to “imagine” is everything. To “know” is nothing at all. We all picture the scene, but until we were to SEE the photos, carnage, and loss of life - it doesn’t seem real. Our mind can “imagine” it, but once we actually SEE it - it stays with us. We can never UNSEE it. People do heinous things. They are calculative and cunning. No other animal like us on the planet. We should be extinct by now. JMOO

Can someone help me out please? Last thread there was talk about Kaylee having pictures on her Instagram showing she wore a smart watch (I can’t remember who the poster was!). I remember looking at all the girls’ social media a few weeks back specifically for that reason and seem to remember I didn’t see one on any of the girls. Can someone link one of those pictures for me? Maybe I missed a picture? Thanks in advance!

We do not know that either the survivors or the people the called over saw any bodies at all
And we do not know if they DID. Therein lies the riddle only the LE community knows. For the rest of us, it’s just another paradox in a box of them. JMOO

I usually am a very light sleeper and every Sound would wake me up. I was always waking up many times at night because of every little sound. I ended up getting an app on my iPad and play it on white noise or air con or a fan and it removes all the background noises that kept waking me up. I have it on quite loud and can’t sleep now without it lol. I can see the 2 unharmed girls sleeping through noise if they have a sound machine and possibly alcohol. They will also be used to certain sounds living in a party house and more likely to ignore certain sounds like someone or something falling and shrugging it off, and then go to sleep.

I think it’s hard to come to conclusions because the public doesn’t have many facts. Do we know for sure how many people were at the house when D and B arrived home earlier than the others? Did someone come to the house to visit and then the residents thought they left the house when in fact they had not left? Do we know for sure what rooms everyone was sleeping? We know Kaylee and Maddie were together from Kaylee’s Dad but we don’t know for sure which room? Which room was Bethany and Dylan in? We have been told downstairs but at this point, was this from LE? Which bedroom downstairs? How many people were in and out of the house following the crime and before LE arrived? I’ve heard so many different accounts that it’s hard to decipher everything!
You lost me. Who are D and B? Thanks.

Yes I had posted <modsnip> a week or so ago the inoculation order evidentiary value .

And it *may* show intended target since possibly he would stop when he killed the one he came for along with anyone else in that bedroom who witnesses or could interfere. so if male-female couple were killed first, they are less likely to have been primary target. If he killed them last they are more likely to have been target.

But it is also possible he wanted to kill all four, or even possible that target was one of the survivors, but their door was locked
I am leaning towards him not knowing the surviving girls on the first fooor were even there. Because the first floor looks detached from the 2nd and 3rd floor from the outside. Also the first floor from the outside looks like it could be a basement where you do laundry and stuff. Furthermore, I don’t think the killer and or killers wanted to leave any living witnesses. I feel if he knew someone was there on first floor he would have got in there someway somehow regardless if door was locked or not. JMO

And we do not know if they DID. Therein lies the riddle only the LE community knows. For the rest of us, it’s just another paradox in a box of them. JMOO
Yes but the evidence i think points to it being more likely they did not see the bodies. why? because a) the doors had locks and b) Because they did not call cops or EMS. they called some friends to come over.

Now sure they could simply have been in shock or irrational, But I think it is more likely they were not getting response from behind a self locking door.

The amount of information LE has on this case has to be over the top. With that being said, I believe we will see an arrest in the next few weeks...hopefully sooner.

I would love to know if any search warrants and or probable cause affidavit's have been issued.

Idaho Murders Update as 50 Search Warrants Obtained in ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Police › Investigation

Dec 13, 2022 — The Latah County Prosecutor's Office said it's working with investigators "as a team" on the case of the four murdered college students.

I think it’s hard to come to conclusions because the public doesn’t have many facts. Do we know for sure how many people were at the house when D and B arrived home earlier than the others? Did someone come to the house to visit and then the residents thought they left the house when in fact they had not left? Do we know for sure what rooms everyone was sleeping? We know Kaylee and Maddie were together from Kaylee’s Dad but we don’t know for sure which room? Which room was Bethany and Dylan in? We have been told downstairs but at this point, was this from LE? Which bedroom downstairs? How many people were in and out of the house following the crime and before LE arrived? I’ve heard so many different accounts that it’s hard to decipher everything!
Agreed! September 1st noise complaint video raised a lot of questions for me on sleeping arrangements.
Smell of Human Blood.
@Normamsmiley Good point, scene would not necessarily have strong odor, but OTOH ---

Different people have different senses of smell. One person may detect a given odor before others close by can sense it. Another person detects minute quantities of a given odor, when right next to someone else who does not pick it up at all. And a cold, sinus problems, allergies, etc may interfere w a person’s sense of smell.

In this case, there was a several hour time lapse btwn bleeding and discovery of bodies.
Also likely some or a lot of blood was absorbed into bedding, so some odor may have been reduced.
Also likely some (most?) blood became dry, also reducing odor.
Seems possible some ppl may have detected smell of blood at this crime scene, while others barely notIced.
Imo jmo moo
9 hours after the murders there is going to be a smell.

I am leaning towards him not knowing the surviving girls on the first fooor were even there. Because the first floor looks detached from the 2nd and 3rd floor from the outside. Also the first floor from the outside looks like it could be a basement where you do laundry and stuff. Furthermore, I don’t think the killer and or killers wanted to leave any living witnesses. I feel if he knew someone was there on first floor he would have got in there someway somehow regardless if door was locked or not. JMO
I think it is entirely possible you are correct. I am just saying a lot of scenarios are not excluded from what we know so far. also killer odes not have hindsight and may not have been methodical or rational. I used the example of one of the survivors being the intended target, not as the most likely scenario, but one we cant even exclude at this point from what we know

I believe they were all awakened by the attack, which started in the bedrooms and in the beds, as they were asleep (according to LE). As soon as they realized what was happening I believe they reacted in a natural and primal fight or flight mode. Sometimes situations give you no alternative one way or the other. They were at a big disadvantage and trapped with a killer intent on ending them. It’s a challenge for anyone to overcome, let alone inebriated tired students. There is no time to scream when one is in the throes of a death dance and giving all their focus and energy on avoiding the blade. Pure chaos amidst a few seconds of murder. Horrid. I can’t wait until they find him. I still believe he resides nearby. Possibly within a quarter mile radius with a view of the home. He could have used binos or a telescope to stalk and monitor their comings and goings. It certainly appears as if he did some homework and prepared for the night. JMOO.
Yet he didn’t know about the other roommates? Either it was a organized serial killer who planned it out well and decided to spare the dog and surviving roommates just because he felt like it, or it was someone in their circle who wanted to spare the dog and surviving roommates. There is no way the other bedrooms were not known. IMO

I earnestly beg your collective pardon as I am just dropping-in and, apart from initially offering several suggestions to the U of I on-campus senior town police official, Captain Berrette, relative to setting up a "quick-start compendium" of potential persons-of-interest, have been unable to keep-up.

Q:
Has there been any discussion relative to those several 'so-happy-to-have-such-a-close/sweet-friend' cozy depictions of the third floor victims?
And this, wrt narrowing focus as to perp(s)/motive(s)

Sincere TIA for your consideration and any BREF(s) you may provide :)...
Your question :

"Has there been any discussion relative to those several 'so-happy-to-have-such-a-close/sweet-friend' cozy depictions of the third floor victims?

And this, with respect to narrowing focus as to perp(s)/motive(s)"

There's no evidence (at this time) demonstrating that the suspect left through the second floor slider patio door, other than some crime scene markers in the back yard (linked in previous thread), and walked up the hill in the backyard to leave the scene.

I think it's likely that the murderer knew exactly where one of the victims lived and targeted that person that night. I do think that the murderer parked in the parking lot behind the residence and watched someone in the house prior to the murders.

What cannot be resolved is that all tenants were at home and the white vehicle was seen at 2:45-3:15 AM heading towards the mass murder ... and remained in the vicinity of the murders at the time of the murders.

The murderer was not watching the house that night: If the white car is driven by the murderer, he was not watching them when they arrived at home with the pasta at 2 AM. That's not to say that someone they encountered earlier that night did not walk home, get in the white car, and head to the girl's home around 3 AM.

Motive? The murder was planned, targeted, vicious, not sexual assault. It must be someone that one of the tenants met once before - perhaps someone who got the wrong idea in his head.

I usually am a very light sleeper and every Sound would wake me up. I was always waking up many times at night because of every little sound. I ended up getting an app on my iPad and play it on white noise or air con or a fan and it removes all the background noises that kept waking me up. I have it on quite loud and can’t sleep now without it lol. I can see the 2 unharmed girls sleeping through noise if they have a sound machine and possibly alcohol. They will also be used to certain sounds living in a party house and more likely to ignore certain sounds like someone or something falling and shrugging it off, and then go to sleep.
My father built his house on the Gulf Coast (subtropical area) and made sure that it had PLENTY of insulation to keep the cold air in since our summers are 8 - 9 months long. The house is so well insulated that my husband and I actually slept through Hurricane Katrina. So if the bottom floor of the house at 1122 is well insulated via earth and man made insulation, then they could very well have slept though the murders.

Just a bit of info. I had a cop friend over last night and I asked said cop if they had ever been on a scene with a ton of blood. Friend cop said yes. I asked if they could smell the blood on scene. Friend cop said no. That some of the other cops can, but that friend cop never noticed a blood smell.

So I wouldn’t assume that a bloody scene would necessarily have a strong odor.
Hmmm in a hospital setting when a patient bleeds, the blood smell is quite distinctive IME. But then again, we don’t know who was exposed to what at this scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74