ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction. The actual wording was that they were all asleep "BEFORE" they were attacked, which doesn't exclude the possibility that someone was asleep, but awakened in advance of being attacked.
From the press release. I don't recall her being quoted as saying 'before' anywhere that I've seen. Not saying it wasn't just that I've not read that.

1669172583108.png

She doesn't say that in her interview with NewsNation either.

I noticed something interesting. i went back and took a look at the neighborhood. I was under the impression that if this guy was a stranger he might have stolen their mail and found out their names and then stalked them online. I noticed that there's locked mail boxes at the entrance of king/queen road. It looks like they got their mail securely delivered.

If he's a stranger and he's stalking them online, how would he get their names? I did an address search online and couldn't find any of the victim's names as far as current residents.

Very interesting. Maybe, somebody like him has entered that house before? possibly broke in when he believed nobody was there, possibly on a previous Friday or Saturday at some point and searched their rooms and belongings and found out their identities which he would then use to find their online profiles.

It kind of makes sense to me. I highly doubt this was the first time this killer decided to enter a home late at night. Think about how nerve racking that would be. I'm thinking this guy whether he knew the victims or was a stranger to the victims, was in that house previously.
Interesting, and isn't trash that is curbside considered public property or implies some reduced right to privacy too? I know we have intentions to shred our own, but it doesn't always happen. MOO.

Okay maybe someone can help me out. I've been watching the grub truck video and it appears that the guy in the dark hoodie came with them? But I also noticed there was a girl in a white coat that both of the girls bumped into. I also noticed that when one of the girls went to speak to someone she knew when she came back to the truck she walked thru the group that the girl in white was talking to. After she walked thru the girl in white turned and gave her a look. Is there any footage after this? Is it possible that there was some kind of altercation between the girls and the girl in white after they left the food truck. It is probably nothing, but it kind of stuck out to me.

Or he wouldn’t care because he kills whoever he needs or wants to. . IMO.
Well he would have blood all over his hands, which means the door would get blood on it as he was leaving…..unless he left the door open when he left. There would be blood drops everywhere, from the knife and his hands.

thinking more on an "incel", outsider angle: perhaps the killer figured the house was filled with only women, making it a prime target. when the killer entered the downstairs bedroom and encountered E with X, maybe he fled afterwards because he hadn't expected a man to be there that could likely overpower him, and was scared of running into another in the downstairs bedrooms?

IMO, I think pd has a suspect in mind and is waiting on dna testing to come back from lab. They want to make sure charges stick.
I agree . I don’t know why but I have a feeling they are narrowing it down and have a lot more information now . I think that they are not so in the dark and have atleast a person of interest or a few . I think tomorrow we’re going to hear a lot more information then we did at the last press conference . Maybe this is just wishful thinking so moo

Interesting, and isn't trash that is curbside considered public property or implies some reduced right to privacy too? I know we have intentions to shred our own, but it doesn't always happen. MOO.

That's definitely a possibility. He'd have to go through the dumpsters and sort out which trash bag was theirs. One way or another these people's names were known to this guy. It allowed him to go online and stalk their social media profiles. And he very well could have been inside that house before. When you go break into somebody's home to kill, it's normaly not the first time somebody breaks into a house. Normally it starts out with burglary or in this case possibly snooping.

I understand people are worried about the dog, but it isn't important enough to the investigation that MSM needs to answer that question for the public by staking out the dog owner's *parent's house*. If LE thought it was meaningful to inform the public more than they already have of the dog's whereabouts, they would. IMO this was a selfish act done by the media bc they know this is a topic of conversation on social media about the case. Not trying to dismiss anyone worried about the dog, just the fact that this is a really sneaky and invasive way to go about it. Imagine your longtime gf was just brutally killed and you're being followed bc strangers are worried about your dog. 4 innocent human lives were taken and that's what people should be worried about.
Did someone follow the person who has the dog?

Certainly not a thorough treatment of the topic, but I don’t think I’ve read that investigators are befuddled by the

Definitely not a thorough treatment of the subject, but the first paragraph seems relevant. I haven’t seen this reported at least:

“Law enforcement agents are everywhere in a small Idaho town trying to figure out how a killer could fatally stab four University of Idaho students to death without their roommates hearing.”
I wonder if that is even true. Everyone apparently had been drinking . also I recall from undergrad off campus housing, if your place becomes a party house there is moderate to loud noise all night. Also if say a 190lb male plunges a good size combat knife into someone's thorax, from behind or front, odds are the victim is not going to call out

This is my first post. I just signed up. However, I have been reading off and on throughout the years. I believe the first case I ever followed here was Taylor Behl.

I went to the University of Idaho some years ago so naturally this interests me. I'm likely not completely familiar with the town layout if things have changed but they couldn't have changed that much. I guess I have a working knowledge.

The reason I signed up was to make this comment. I noticed someone mentioning in the Twitch video that men (likely men) were watching and offering to buy food at the food truck for the cute girls ordering from it. Yes, it's weird and creepy. However, it's a thing.

It's a thing in the UK, at least. There are websites where women can ask men to buy them drinks on their night out. They say where they are going and the guys can purchase the drinks for them.

If there are guys in Moscow who watch this stream and offer to buy food for drunk women they find attractive maybe it happened that night. K&M may well have been like if someone offers to buy our snacks let's let him.

Guy buys their food, maybe he had even done it before for them and doesn't receive any recognition or the attention he thinks he deserves for paying for the girls. Depending on the individual, it may he enough to set him off eventually. If he's local and done it for them often, he may well know where they live though social media or just because he's somewhat in their social circle.

The Grub Truck video appears to show the guy on cash ringing in their order and K is using the machine to pay for her order. IMO
But they were all asleep when they were attacked.

The Moscow PD reported that nothing was stolen, which leads me to ask: was there academic theft going on that got reported?

Personally, I don't know how anyone can verify that nothing was stolen from a home that housed 5 women with all their various earrings, bead bracelets, rings, hats, jackets, sweaters and everything they shared, etc. None of these things may be pieces of value; they are the accumulation of spontaneous purchases that most young women indulge in.

The stalker talk seems to have been started by Mark Fuhrman.He said a random student told him a friend of a friend that Kaylee complained about it.I take this with a HUGE grain of salt.
I just read an assessment from a FBI profiler, he said someone who knew at least one of them or who had stalked at least one. Someone who would have some comfort level with at least one to enter the home in the middle of the night or who had thoroughly stalked to know their routines. Someone younger than them or their age or just slightly older. Probably their first kill, probably male based on the strength needed to subdue 4 people and the choice of knife. Someone who is probably known to carry a knife and has shown it off. Someone who can get away at 3am unnoticed. Someone who isn't squeamish. He said he believe the SP has probably left town and will stay away for a while. To watch for people who stopped showing up at work, etc. Of course this is all speculation and hearsay, but that is what I read from the profiler.

Last edited:
Not sure what your point is. I bought a knife that came with a crappy sheath so I bought one that was way better for it.

My point is that finding a particular sheath doesn't tell us by itself what knife was carried in it. JMO.
I highly doubt that he left the sheath behind . He seems to have left without bieng on camera , without blood or footprints leading out without waking other roommates and without being found yet . He seems like he was paying attention and wouldn’t make a mistake like leaving the sheath behind .

That's definitely a possibility. He'd have to go through the dumpsters and sort out which trash bag was theirs. One way or another these people's names were known to this guy. It allowed him to go online and stalk their social media profiles. And he very well could have been inside that house before. When you go break into somebody's home to kill, it's normaly not the first time somebody breaks into a house. Normally it starts out with burglary or in this case possibly snooping.
Thanks, I didn't know if they used a communal receptacle or what. I believe street view option on Zillow (edit: may only an option be the Zillow app or Google Maps) shows individual rolling trash cans outside, but may be neighbors or unrelated. MOO.

Breaking from NewsNation Live: Police have a rough idea of the height and physical appearance of the suspect!

EDIT: Appears to have been misleading... They have an expert talking right now about how they could recreate an image of the person with any amount of DNA evidence, but we don't know if they have that DNA yet. MOO, but most likely to add pressure to the perp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member