ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the family have ATV's (4 wheelers, quads) with them?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

(delurking)

I went into the kitchen one time and found my not-quite-three-year-old on top of the refrigerator to get to a toy she wasn't supposed to have. She had opened the door and used the shelves inside as a ladder to get up. The door closed behind her and left her stuck up there, but she was just sitting there playing with the toy...

That comment about the boy not walking without falling down bothers me, though. I think there's important information that hasn't come out yet...

JM has an autism
awareness puzzle piece post on her wall. Might mean something, or might mean nothing. Dyspraxia (difficulty with muscle movements) can be an autism symptom.

Thats what I want to know too! Not much on this mystery friend. Do we even know if it is a male or female friend?

On NG last night it was said the friend was a male.

Did the family have ATV's (4 wheelers, quads) with them?

Not sure if they previously did, but DK Sr. has one now, and has been searching on it. In a video I saw, it looked like both DK Sr. and JM were off searching on ATVs.

Here's a map that shows Forest Rd 172 that is basically the only way in. You can see 172B which is the road that dad said he didn't know was there that goes up the mtn where you can look down on the reservoir and campground. 172A is the one not listed which would put you on the other side of the creek. I've always assumed they we're on the side by 172.

Eta: 172A does not put you on other side of creek.

525310254fffade505dde9373e7b7c2f.jpg

But 172 B does put you on the north side of the creek....and it looks like it is wide open and would be easily seen from the campground side.

JMO

Thats what I want to know too! Not much on this mystery friend. Do we even know if it is a male or female friend?

I don't have the quote/link at my fingertips...

but I believe this "friend" is male...

HTH...

So wait.... they just got there that day and were setting up camp and they took a "filthy bawling" toddler 40 mins back down a bumpy gravel road to buy him candy? That seems odd unless they forgot supplies. 40 mins down 40 mins back on bumpy dirt road.

And why is it now 4 minutes that Deorr was not supervised? How was that figured out? Mom and Dad were 50 yards away and gone 10 mins. ??

I haven't read all the posts yet, so forgive me if this was a theory. I've read that the blanket was in the truck. I've heard the father mention that they left without their son when it was his nap time. What if the child was in the truck for his nap (a possible reason why the blanket was there)?

Personally, I wouldn't read much into the "Dad" reference. In my family the Inlaws are often called "Dad" or "Mom" by the spouse. Some spouses even refer to one another as "Mom" and "Dad". It can be confusing.

Good point...

It happens in my own family!

:D

So wait.... they just got there that day and were setting up camp and they took a "filthy bawling" toddler 40 mins back down a bumpy gravel road to buy him candy? That seems odd unless they forgot supplies. 40 mins down 40 mins back on bumpy dirt road.

And why is it now 4 minutes that Deorr was not supervised? How was that figured out? Mom and Dad we're 50 yards away and gone 10 mins. ??

The terrain looks so rugged that anything could happen...

Are there any fund-raising sites set up for these parents? If they are staying there keeping a vigil, then they can't work and surely have expenses.

JMO

Most 2-year-olds consider it an accomplishment to climb up onto Mom & Dad's bed. They are still babies at that age and don't have muscle development and strength in their arms.
JMO

My little Hazel who is almost two (and 2 months premature) climbs anything and everything. Our house is in terrain fairly similar to where they were camping (from what I can tell). My daughter is strong enough to pull herself up onto a water bubbler with only her arms, her strength
is absolutely unreal and she's been climbing and pulling herself up onto things for quite some time. Anyway, my point is that my daughter would be running ALL over the place, climbing and playing out at that campsite. I have learned to never underestimate a toddler! I wouldn't put it past little DeOrr to walk quite a ways or climb around. I pray they find this sweet little munchkin safe and sound 💜

JM has an autism
awareness puzzle piece post on her wall. Might mean something, or might mean nothing. Dyspraxia (difficulty with muscle movements) can be an autism symptom.

Hm. That could mean issues for searchers if he's hiding from them. Or as you say, it might mean nothing.

My little Hazel who is almost two (and 2 months premature) climbs anything and everything. Our house is in terrain fairly similar to where they were camping (from what I can tell). My daughter is strong enough to pull herself up onto a water bubbler with only her arms, her strength
is absolutely unreal and she's been climbing and pulling herself up onto things for quite some time. Anyway, my point is that my daughter would be running ALL over the place, climbing and playing out at that campsite. I have learned to never underestimate a toddler! I wouldn't put it past little DeOrr to walk quite a ways or climb around. I pray they find this sweet little munchkin safe and sound ��

Deorr has been described as not being able to walk well on flat ground. I think mountainous terrain would have been difficult for him.

Deorr has been described as not being able to walk well on flat ground. I think mountainous terrain would have been difficult for him.

in the unedited video of the parent interview:

at 5:33 in, the father says his son "is a goer and a mover"... IIRC, it was not the dad or mom who said he couldn't walk on flat ground without falling down. IMO, that and the mention that he'd cry if he fell, is to support the notion of being carried off.

I am a little concerned that the Dad took the baby to the store 40 miles from the campground!! That is a long drive when you are in camping areas. My experience with camping is that a 40 mile drive to a store is way too far. You would be gone for two hours - not something you do when you are trying to get away and enjoy the outdoors. Also, even though the person at the store had the time so far off - it bothers me that the child was described as "bawling and very grubby looking" Would you leave the rest of the fam and take off on a two hour jaunt? Must have wanted something awfully badly to do that.

The question why Dad would leave to get a better cell signal has been brought up many times so I thought I would give some input on that. Most people do not realize when a call to 911 on a cell phone is handled differently. I am not exactly sure of the technical details. A few years ago a family member and I came upon a roll over on a stretch of road notorious for zero to low cell signal. It was around 3 am and the middle of winter on a road with very low traffic. The car looked like had rolled several times and was in the middle of a field upside down and the snow was very deep. The engine and lights were off so my first thought was to go further up the hill (bottom of a hill on that highway) to see if we could get at least 1 bar to call and ask if anyone had reported an accident in that area. Just as we were about to locate a better signal the lights on the car turned on... So by pure instinct we parked and started running towards the car while I dialed 911 with fingers crossed. I was surprised it went through and the signal was so clear. I was informed that no one had reported and accident in that location and we proceeded to attempt to open the doors of the vehicle (the lights kept turning on and off like someone inside was attempting to send a signal) After a few minutes of digging out snow and finally getting the passenger door open... We were confused to find no passengers trapped inside. I was still on the phone with dispatch so she cancelled the ambulance at that point but the sheriff was still 40 miles away. The rest is a long story and off topic, but in a nutshell they requested we remain on scene until LE arrived. (no windows were broken out or rolled down, no visible footprints walking out to the road, and to this day I still don't know how or why) After a huge ruckus when vehicle owner returned to scene with friends and the sheriff was 5 minutes away, we were told to drive 1/2 mile away and wait for the sheriff to call. Sheriff was unable to reach us due to low signal but 911 dispatch was. That whole night was strange, but I was happy and surprised to reach 911 with low signal and they were able to pinpoint my location with complete accuracy. I had no idea that was possible until that night. I have also heard that 911 can be reached if a cell is not currently connected to a service provider if charged. Also that a cell phone with a dead battery can still send/reach? not sure...911 if you dial and it uses a reserved part of your battery. Not something I have attempted or recommend anyone to try. Anyway, Dad thinking he needed to go up the hill to call 911 is not suspicious to me at all. Until I needed it in the heat of the moment I had not idea calling 911 worked differently than other calls.

My heart breaks for this family. I am not the type to speculate and base my thoughts on facts. As a long ago young mother I remember how fast my 2 years olds would move...I am now a Grandma of little ones the same age range and they move fast as well. LE has cleared the family who this precious little one was with at the moment and I completely back and respect that. They are always the #1 suspects and LE is confidant they were not involved and so am I. Without knowing what direction he went it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. The timelines and confusion don't bother me at all. When your little one is not where you expect them to be it becomes massive confusion and expecting to find them right away and close. When you get to the point of realizing it is time to ask for more help, panic is close to setting in. Being calm and focused during a 911 call is not suspicious at all to me. You want to be clear and concise about the situation so that help arrives ASAP with a clear direction of who to send. Just my thoughts...no words left to say. The little guy could be anywhere, but he isn't when he should be. So very sad.

in the unedited video of the parent interview:

at 5:33 in, the father says his son "is a goer and a mover"... IIRC, it was not the dad or mom who said he couldn't walk on flat ground without falling down. IMO, that and the mention that he'd cry if he fell, is to support the notion of being carried off.

I agree. That didn't come from the parents. iirc, it came from the grandfather with whom they lived.

I am a little concerned that the Dad took the baby to the store 40 miles from the campground!! That is a long drive when you are in camping areas. My experience with camping is that a 40 mile drive to a store is way too far. You would be gone for two hours - not something you do when you are trying to get away and enjoy the outdoors. Also, even though the person at the store had the time so far off - it bothers me that the child was described as "bawling and very grubby looking" Would you leave the rest of the fam and take off on a two hour jaunt? Must have wanted something awfully badly to do that.

What gets me about that line of inquiry, from the unedited video, is the way the store clerk sighting is addressed. If it was an abduction, that sighting is very plausible, but, IMO, there seems to be the need to clear that up. It's not like the father is the only person with a black pick-up truck.

What gets me about that line of inquiry, from the unedited video, is the way the store clerk sighting is addressed. If it was an abduction, that sighting is very plausible, but, IMO, there seems to be the need to clear that up. It's not like the father is the only person with a black pick-up truck.

I agree. There is a huge need to clear it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishelita9306