ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit eyebrow raising.

VG and JT asked on the visitor posts section of the KIC Facebook page:

Was deorr with his family at Silver Dollar restaurant on July 9th? If so did he seem in good health and spirit's?

KIC: This goes to timeline therefore we cannot answer.

I don't understand how it isn't timeline re: Any/all adults but is re: Deorr Jr?

I think it is within TOS to post this mods? Sorry if not....:blushing:

The 2:22 call brings us closer to the actual amount of time since DeOrr had been discovered missing. They left for the creek at approximately 1:45 (almost 2:00 and close to DeOrr's nap time) and returned at approximately 1:55-2:00 when they realized DeOrr was missing, and they searched for approximately 20 minutes.

"Myth".

Nope, Bowerman has precisely used the term "less than truthful" over and over and over again. There's certainly an important reason for that. Think about all the times he has said that! If all the various terms others have put out there and stating they mean the same thing, wouldn't you think in at least SOME of Bowerman's statements he would have used some of those other terms?

The reason is that Bowerman is polite IMO.

<modsnip>

I think I understand it. Klein's comments, coupled with Bowerman's statements that they are less than truthful and that their stories keeps changing, lead me to believe that what the parents have said they were doing is not really what they were doing.

&#8220;Their timeline keeps changing, where they were at keeps changing, and movements and statements about DeOrr Jr. keep changing,&#8221; Bowerman tells EastIdahoNews.com.

Well I for one call that LYING.

I think I understand it. Klein's comments, coupled with Bowerman's statements that they are less than truthful and that their stories keeps changing, lead me to believe that what the parents have said they were doing is not really what they were doing.

&#8220;Their timeline keeps changing, where they were at keeps changing, and movements and statements about DeOrr Jr. keep changing,&#8221; Bowerman tells EastIdahoNews.com.

Yeah...we have to assume we have no timeline at all except when the 911 calls came in and when help arrived.

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 22.25.29.png

Well that's one thing to tick off the rinse & repeat cycle!

Yeah...we have to assume we have no timeline at all except when the 911 calls came in and when help arrived.

Exactly. And maybe the store time stamp, but even that could have been just one of them.

We can debate what 'less than truthful' means. But can we please try to think of reasons for parents of a missing child to tell LE (and others who are trying to find the baby) anything less that the complete truth?

I can't think of anything that I would withhold- unless I was responsible for his going missing. Anyone got another reason?

I doubt they withheld information or told any lies. The polygraph reading was interpreted by the examiner to be inconclusive. Their tests did not show deception.

I know! I feel cheated. Just imagine how the poor search and rescue people must feel.

I agree...all the people who have invested so much time, energy, resources, money.....It's just not right!!!

I doubt they withheld information or told any lies. The polygraph reading was interpreted by the examiner to be inconclusive. Their tests did not show deception.

Let's all respectfully agree to disagree.

I know! I feel cheated. Just imagine how the poor search and rescue people must feel.

It is sad isn't it. Any one of the searchers could have gotten injured while looking for the boy that may or may not have ever been there in the first place.

And there is one thing we do know for sure. That their "stories" have not been consistent. Which does tell us a very important thing. Either they have the worst memory in the world OR someone or both of them keep fibbing.

I've been away from home most of the day. Has this been posted yet? It's an additional comment published today from Klein in re: his Facebook Q&A from the other day. I am relieved to read this, even tho it doesn't explain to what happened to Little DeOrr:

Klein Investigations and Consulting Good afternoon. Yesterday in an interview Mr Klein answered the question regarding the Deorr Kunz case. We feel we need to clarify Mr Klein's answer. The question involved whether or not there was any evidence to suggest that the child may have been burned. Mr Klein response was no comment. We have received numerous emails and questions regarding his comment. To clarify at this time we have no evidence that suggests that the child had been burned. Thank you again for all of your emails and messages.

Been trying to find any articles that show who hired Klein. I did find this. Implies it was relatives which I suppose is not necessarily the parents who hired him.

"Late last year, DeOrr&#8217;s relatives enlisted Klein Investigations and Consulting. They asked the private investigation firm from Nederland, Texas, to review evidence and provide their perspectives on the case."

"Meanwhile, a fundraiser is set Jan. 16 to raise money to help the family of DeOrr Kunz Jr. pay for the services of Klein Investigations and Consulting."

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_65c4ca4e-b33a-56b6-8cd1-c9800a9e8465.html

I've been away from home most of the day. Has this been posted yet? It's an additional comment published today from Klein in re: his Facebook Q&A from the other day. I am relieved to read this, even tho it doesn't explain to what happened to Little DeOrr:

Klein Investigations and Consulting Good afternoon. Yesterday in an interview Mr Klein answered the question regarding the Deorr Kunz case. We feel we need to clarify Mr Klein's answer. The question involved whether or not there was any evidence to suggest that the child may have been burned. Mr Klein response was no comment. We have received numerous emails and questions regarding his comment. To clarify at this time we have no evidence that suggests that the child had been burned. Thank you again for all of your emails and messages.
Thank goodness he cleared that up! I was fuming (pun intended) over that statement. I knew what he meant, but also knew many others didn't. But to be fair, I doubt that he realized how it would be construed. (You have to learn to pick your words very carefully on SM, Mr. Klein.) Anyway, kudos to him and his team for putting that one to rest.

ETA: Here's the link to the Q & A.

https://www.facebook.com/bellasfriendsuamc/posts/1688440941411392

Link to today's statement.

https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations/posts/949592451790006?fref=nf

I hope so. Otherwise, I'm afraid evidence could have been lost or overlooked. I don't understand why LE wasn't doing more "on the mountain" during the rest of July, August, September, and October. They (LE) had A LOT of time to search up there if they thought he was up there (buried or hidden or whatever). Seems odd that they waited until January in the middle of winter to name them suspects. Even if someone gave them a tip as to DeOrr's whereabouts, at this point it would be very difficult to follow up. Frustrating.

I could imagine the parents now feel free to visit the place, where little Deorr might be and try to change the shallow grave or similar and prepare it for the next search in spring. Hopefully someone sees them on their way or around the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz