ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are waiting for spring to continue searches. I wonder if they have a more specific idea of where to look by now & are just waiting on charges to make sure the information they have holds up against any evidence? There are still a few feet of snow & the ground is still hard as a rock.

I also think they are waiting to see if they can find the body hoping it will still have good evidence (to put to bed the double jeopardy issues?).

Sheriff Bowerman is the most careful LEO I've seen in any American cases I've read and he's nice and generous to a fault. I'd go so far as say he want's to find the body in hopes of disproving all/some of the info gathered pointing in the parents direction even though deep down he doesn't believe it. But he want's to. That's my impression of him, anyway.

CoverMeCagney said:
Which case, TTWO? (just being nosy!)

*Whisper*McCann case*Whisper*

It worries me that in SB's last statement he said it could be years before this gets resolved. He's made it clear "he knows the parents know" where DeOrr is, so I guess he's just waiting for someone to break.

Where do we go from here? Are we waiting on any info to come back from anywhere like the FBI, cell phones, labs? I imagine the police have covered everything we have and a whole lot more, yet they don't seem confident it'll be solved any time soon. So disheartening :(

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_b4d359f2-0b13-55d2-9aec-178b359a5683.html

Maybe (fingers crossed) he's just giving them a false sense of security so they will be more likely to make damning mistakes. I'm hopeful that with the help of the FBI these two will go down soon.

Thread 23, sigh...

Feeling discouraged and have been thinking about Lisa Irwin, Aliayah Lunsford and Sky Metalwala. Three cases where it is highly likely that one or both parents were responsible for the disappearances, but the children have never been found and charges have never been filed. :(

Urgh, hope you're wrong. I wouldn't have believed a parent would do that for cash, until the Shannon Matthews case near me in the UK (she was kidnapped and hidden away chained up in a plan cooked up by her mother, in the hope that when "found" the family could get the reward - nasty)

IF it was an intentional death (and I don't claim to have any feeling on whether that is more probable than accidental) I have a feeling that the motive would be to relieve a combo burden of parental responsibility and monetary pressures--freedom and money. They have not been shy about asking the public to donate money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marking my spot

Sheriff Bowerman is the most careful LEO I've seen in any American cases I've read and he's nice and generous to a fault.

I agree with your analysis of SB TTWO, I hope he has lots of evidence and is just waiting for the final bits he needs to blow this case open.

*Whisper*McCann case*Whisper*

Oh no, rather you than me!!

Snipped by me-

Eeesh, imagine how they will feel in prison... [emoji15]
I hope they are kept in a general population area. The women's prison in the area is a decently run facility, but it is FULL of mothers who have been incarcerated for drugs. These women are working so hard to overcome addiction to get back home to children that they never intended to be separated from. There will be no sympathy for a woman who harmed or allowed harm to come to her child and then carried out this charade of innocence. I'm hoping Karma comes around soon in this case.

I hope they are kept in a general population area. The women's prison in the area is a decently run facility, but it is FULL of mothers who have been incarcerated for drugs. These women are working so hard to overcome addiction to get back home to children that they never intended to be separated from. There will be no sympathy for a woman who harmed or allowed harm to come to her child and then carried out this charade of innocence. I'm hoping Karma comes around soon in this case.

I hope so too..

IMOO: they already have too much sympathy from people on the outside (even if it isn't very much).

Re the case being quiet, I draw some hope from this statement from SB - imo it's almost as though he doesn't want another Casey Anthony injustice to happen & is busy quietly lining up his ducks:

"I don’t think that arrests are imminent, but we’re leaving all options open,” Bowerman says. “We don’t want charge them too early should we find DeOrr and things change.”

(Source: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/0...ruthful-are-suspects-in-childs-disappearance/)

What if they were charged with murder, without the body, and then later the body was found? That would seem like the icing on the cake, but could it backfire? Probably a dumb thought but what if they were convicted of killing him a certain way for instance, only to realize when his body was found that evidence didn't match up? I don't know why that would be but it did pop into my head. I guess I'm just so worried they're going to get off the hook. :(

What if they were charged with murder, without the body, and then later the body was found? That would seem like the icing on the cake, but could it backfire? Probably a dumb thought but what if they were convicted of killing him a certain way for instance, only to realize when his body was found that evidence didn't match up? I don't know why that would be but it did pop into my head. I guess I'm just so worried they're going to get off the hook. :(

This would be a problem. If they are charged with murder and later there is evidence to prove it was an accidental death and they covered it up, the murder charge or conviction would go away. Then the state may not have the opportunity to charge them again.

IMO it would be better for SB and Lemhi prosecutors to wait until all the evidence is in and is analyzed before charging anyone.

I'm with ya and that could be why LE said they are going to take their time to get this right. I am sure it is a balance between wanting to book the parents for the things they can prove have transpired VS waiting until they have evidence of EVERYTHING so they can be held to maximum accountability and receive maximum punishment.

At least now the parents know that people are wise to their ways. That's not a lot, but it's better than them running around thinking they got away with...whatever they did.

Without a body, I'm not sure that cause of death would even be mentioned at a trial, unless there is some substantial amount of physical evidence to prove what happened. I don't think the prosecution would be required to even suggest how he was killed, just that the parents did away with him. In some ways the fact that not a trace of anything has been found might actually help the prosecution because it suggests that perhaps DeOrr wasn't alive at the campground and/or that the parents did a very good job of covering their tracks (which counts as evidence against them, as far as I'm concerned). MOO.

Without a body, I'm not sure that cause of death would even be mentioned at a trial, unless there is some substantial amount of physical evidence to prove what happened. I don't think the prosecution would be required to even suggest how he was killed, just that the parents did away with him. In some ways the fact that not a trace of anything has been found might actually help the prosecution because it suggests that perhaps DeOrr wasn't alive at the campground and/or that the parents did a very good job of covering their tracks (which counts as evidence against them, as far as I'm concerned). MOO.

That's what I would hope!

However this is not how the law works. There are several different charges they can bring and they would then need to prove that charge. The prosecutor can't just charge anyone with murder and then not prove a murder took place.

Regardless of all the speculation and assumptions on this forum and SM, the fact is all we (non LE personal) know is a child is missing. We don't "know" the parents killed him, we don't "know" they harmed him, we don't "know" what happened at Timber Creek campground on July 10th, we only speculate what happened. I pray one day we do learn what happended up there. I pray one day little DeOrr is brought home.

While many believe the parents are responsible for DeOrr being gone, they are still innocent under the law until proven guilty by a court of law.

However this is not how the law works. There are several different charges they can bring and they would then need to prove that charge. The prosecutor can't just charge anyone with murder and then not prove a murder took place.

Regardless of all the speculation and assumptions on this forum and SM, the fact is all we (non LE personal) know is a child is missing. We don't "know" the parents killed him, we don't "know" they harmed him, we don't "know" what happened at Timber Creek campground on July 10th, we only speculate what happened. I pray one day we do learn what happended up there. I pray one day little DeOrr is brought home.

While many believe the parents are responsible for DeOrr being gone, they are still innocent under the law until proven guilty by a court of law.

True. But the Sheriff has emphatically stated that the parents know what happened and where he is now. I think most of us tend to have faith in the police when they make statements so strongly, it's not like they just made a vague insinuation. I think they have more to go on than a few iffy polygraphs.

IF it was an intentional death (and I don't claim to have any feeling on whether that is more probable than accidental) I have a feeling that the motive would be to relieve a combo burden of parental responsibility and monetary pressures--freedom and money. They have not been shy about asking the public to donate money.

This brings up a question I have. When/if they do get charged what happens to all the money that was donated? I know some of it went to Klein but what about the rest? I sure hope it doesn't stay with the family for legal expenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph