ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out about a documentary being made on DeOrr's disappearance.
Is this common knowledge? It's been happening since October and I have only come across one article.http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/10/film-crew-producing-documentary-on-missing-deorr-kunz-jr/

There WERE going to make the documentary. I believe once LE named the parents as suspects, they no longer will be including them in the documentary. I believe either Klein or Vilt made that announcement.

The other campers were discussed at the very end of the last thread. I copied/pasted it here for you. (It's also posted in the media timeline thread - link below)

08:46
SB: No, at this time I don’t consider them suspects, uh, and the only reason I’m calling them a person of interest is because they were at the scene. Uh, they’re the only people at the scene other than one family that was at the upper lake that was from another county and…and the law enforcement in that jurisdiction, we talked about has vouched for them and uh they’re an older couple, and we’ve been reassured by law enforcement that they would not be involved in any abduction or any of that sorts

16:55
TG: Okay. You did mention something earlier and I want to clear this up. You said something about a…a family, an older family that um…

17:03
SB: Yes, there’s the upper part of the reservoir, there was another family camped up there. They actually helped with the search on the first day and maybe even the second day and uh they uh disappeared before we got a chance to interview them but we were able to track them down. We talked to the law enforcement in their community and they helped us track them down and we uh chatted with them and we don’t feel like uh they were involved. It’s an older couple and they had some of their children come up and uh we’re fairly confident they never saw um the Kunz family, and we’re fairly confident they had nothing to do with uh the disappearance.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=12122056

Hmmm...I can't believe I missed this. I'll go listen to the first interview, but hopefully someone else remembers, too, because I sure don't!

From the first true crime radio interview with SB.

TG: Okay. You did mention something earlier and I want to clear this up. You said something about a…a family, an older family that um…

SB: Yes, there’s the upper part of the reservoir, there was another family camped up there. They actually helped with the search on the first day and maybe even the second day and uh they uh disappeared before we got a chance to interview them but we were able to track them down. We talked to the law enforcement in their community and they helped us track them down and we uh chatted with them and we don’t feel like uh they were involved. It’s an older couple and they had some of their children come up and uh we’re fairly confident they never saw um the Kunz family, and we’re fairly confident they had nothing to do with uh the disappearance.

There was an elderly couple staying at the upper part of the campground, other side of the reservoir I believe. They had family come to visit them on site. The Sheriff mentioned them in his first interview I think. He said they'd been helpful, no concerns, all cleared. No link, apart from the one in my head. Hopefully someone will chime in with the proper source!

One thing that has always bothered me about this, although I don't know why, because VDK just says whatever he thinks will help his case... But, in the interview on Monday the 13th, VDK says that they were the only ones camping and no one else was around. Okay, so you might assume he just wasn't aware of the other campers at the upper campground at that point. However, it was later released that the folks at the upper campground actually came and helped search, so wouldn't VDK had to have known that? Were they not mentioned in the same weird way that IR was completely left out of that first interview? Seems like he left a lot of things out in that interview... MOO

Hmmm...I can't believe I missed this. I'll go listen to the first interview, but hopefully someone else remembers, too, because I sure don't!

OK, I found it, it was Tricia's radio interview with Bowerman, 15th October

Tricia: Okay. You did mention something earlier and I want to clear this up. You said something about a…a family, an older family that um…

EDIT: been beaten to it as was looking in the wrong place. At least I know it actually exists and not just in my mind!

There WERE going to make the documentary. I believe once LE named the parents as suspects, they no longer will be including them in the documentary. I believe either Klein or Vilt made that announcement.

Thank you for clearing that up. Makes sense why I haven't heard much.

OK, I found it, it was Tricia's radio interview with Bowerman, 15th October

Tricia: Okay. You did mention something earlier and I want to clear this up. You said something about a…a family, an older family that um…

EDIT: been beaten to it as was looking in the wrong place. At least I know it actually exists and not just in my mind!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! I don't know how I missed this.

One thing that has always bothered me about this, although I don't know why, because VDK just says whatever he thinks will help his case... But, in the interview on Monday the 13th, VDK says that they were the only ones camping and no one else was around. Okay, so you might assume he just wasn't aware of the other campers at the upper campground at that point. However, it was later released that the folks at the upper campground actually came and helped search, so wouldn't VDK had to have known that? Were they not mentioned in the same weird way that IR was completely left out of that first interview? Seems like he left a lot of things out in that interview... MOO

I believe someone mentioned this in a prior thread, but IF the other campers didn't know anything about Deorr's disappearance until after SAR and LE got there, then something is definitely wrong IMO. Wouldn't they have heard the shouts and screams of the four campers searching for Deorr, calling his name? Especially if they went up to the reservoir to look and you can bet that would be one of the first places other than the stream you would search IMO. And if the parents really searched, there is no way that they didn't know about the other campers. JMO.

I'm pretty sure they are, in part anyway. We have over 100 in our house and some do feel different to others, but they are defo made of some type of metal. I've just checked about 20 out with a magnet and none are magnetic. IN some the base is plastic but the rest is metal. Interesting how they all feel a bit different, some are really heavy and solid, others feel more plasticky and lightweight.

Anyway. The point of me bringing all this up yesterday was to try and establish whether the parents have ever been asked if he had a toy car with him when he vanished. Jessica said in the interview that he literally always had one in his hand or pocket.

Not all metal/mineral respond to a magnet. But it will be detected by a metal detector.

Sometimes it’s helpful to go back and listen to early interviews with fresh ears. Interesting the things I pick up on now that I didn’t back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M

[FONT=&quot]UNCUT: Lemhi Idaho Sheriff opens up about DeOrr Kunz missing child case (when watching this, you will see that it’s obviously NOT uncut like the title suggests)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Published on Aug 18, 2015
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In this unedited interview, Lemhi County Idaho Sheriff Lynn Bowerman answers questions about the disappearance of missing Idaho Falls toddler DeOrr Kunz Jr. He talks about the case, the FBI's involvement, and what happens from here.

[/FONT]Here are some interesting things I noted when listening this time around:

· When first describing the parents’ story, he starts with the word “supposedly.” To me, this shows that he was doubtful of their truthfulness early on.

· When taking about the person who spread cremains, he speaks of the area as a “crime scene.” Perhaps an early indicator of his thought process at the time?

· Says he thinks “abduction is one of the least likely events.” Again, early indicator on where he stands?

· Grandpa is watching the child. “He tells me he looks away momentarily, and when he looks back he is gone.” So, is Grandpa the missing link as to who (besides Jessica and Vernal) was actually the last person to say he saw Little DeOrr alive?

OR (sorry I'm flip-floppity rabbit today)...because her other two children were taken from her, or she conceded to let them go, TC might actually feel resentment toward her. it's hard to admit you raised an "unfit" mother (not saying JM is unfit, at all, just pointing out how her own mother may or may not feel). so, perhaps this goes in the other direction...TC is taking a hard-line, tough-love approach to make her tell the truth and admit her own guilt.

OR I'm wrong on both fronts.

OR I need some coffee. lol.

Good point, White Rabbit. I could see TC nudging JM to tell the truth IF she thought JM was covering for someone else. And not all mom's are a Cindy Anthony. Some do care for their grandchildren and want them home!

Pretty sure it was in this one that I watched again last night...At work now (and really should be working) so cannot watch it again to get the spot.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/private-investigator-cadaver-dog-proves-there-was-a-death/38307992

I had never taken the time to listen to this interview before, and I was really moved by it. Thank you for posting it. After the parents interview the other day, I guess they decided to "double down" as Klien puts it, and continue to protect themselves. If everything Klien said is true, they are close to solving this crime. I am moved by the understanding and experience of everyone who has been involved in trying to find out what happened to little Deorr. Thank goodness for their knowledge and persistance. I just feel like I want to say God bless them all, for their hard work and intelligence!

I believe someone mentioned this in a prior thread, but IF the other campers didn't know anything about Deorr's disappearance until after SAR and LE got there, then something is definitely wrong IMO. Wouldn't they have heard the shouts and screams of the four campers searching for Deorr, calling his name? Especially if they went up to the reservoir to look and you can bet that would be one of the first places other than the stream you would search IMO. And if the parents really searched, there is no way that they didn't know about the other campers. JMO.

If my son disappeared there at that campground I would have immediately stationed someone at the stream and someone at the reservoir to prevent him from entering the water. I and the 4th individual would then call 911 and start searching. The very first places I would have visited is any and all other campers...to make sure they hadn't seen him and didn't have him, and to enlist their help. The very first thing after securing the water hazards. Apparently, they frantically searched for an hour without speaking to the other campers. Is that right?

That's because it is all just a story they told, a bunch of "silliness" according to Klein. I believe him. That's why nothing makes sense. Because it's not true. I knew that, but listening to his interview, it really hit home for me.

If my son disappeared there at that campground I would have immediately stationed someone at the stream and someone at the reservoir to prevent him from entering the water. I and the 4th individual would then call 911 and start searching. The very first places I would have visited is any and all other campers...to make sure they hadn't seen him and didn't have him, and to enlist their help. The very first thing after securing the water hazards. Apparently, they frantically searched for an hour without speaking to the other campers. Is that right?

That's why I said "IF" the other campers didn't know before LE got there, because I think the statement by SB is a bit ambiguous and is open to interpretation. But if VK said he didn't know about the other campers (I don't have the link), then it appears you are right.

ETA Ambiguous in that I'm not sure whether the sheriff meant the couple never saw the Kunz family or if their children that came up never did as the sentence runs on. He probably meant both but not for sure. And if so, I agree with your post.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=12122056

That's why I said "IF" the other campers didn't know before LE got there, because I think the statement by SB is a bit ambiguous and is open to interpretation. But if VK said he didn't know about the other campers (I don't have the link), then it appears you are right.

ETA Ambiguous in that I'm not sure whether the sheriff meant the couple never saw the Kunz family or if their children that came up never did as the sentence runs on. He probably meant both but not for sure.

I could see VK not knowing the other campers were there since it seems they wouldn't have driven by that camping area to get to theirs. But I would have driven around the other campsites to see if there were other campers. They needed help...right away. An hour at least...that's a long time.

I could see VK not knowing the other campers were there since it seems they wouldn't have driven by that camping area to get to theirs. But I would have driven around the other campsites to see if there were other campers. They needed help...right away. An hour at least...that's a long time.

TOTALLY agree!!!

I would have loved to have been a fly on the window for that ride home....

Me too my friend.

Now I R never mentioned to the press about what him and ggp spoke about on the way home.

So did someone ride back with them where as they couldn't really talk?

SIDE NOTE : IF Ggp was okay to drive back home. Then Ggp is okay to know and discuss what his feelings were on the way home. Jmo.

I wish they'd release the other 911 calls. Out of all of the red flags flying in this case, the 911 calls seem to be the ones calling out to me the most, but there are some other things I'd like to speculate on as well.

JM tells the 911 operator Deorr has been missing an hour. If they were responsible for DeOrr's disappearance, why pick an hour? I'd think someone who wanted to look innocent would want 911 to assume they called nearly immediately. Was she just caught off guard? Had they been rehearsing their story for an hour? If JM and VK were trying to get their stories straight, I doubt either one even thought about what 911 might ask. If VK was asked the same question during his 911 call, what's the likelihood of their times being even remotely close if they weren't standing right next to each other while making the calls? If they were standing right by each other, there wouldn't be a need to make 3 calls.

So now I'm going to jump back to this mythical timeline and a ton of rambling. SB said they left to go to town around 10:30 or 11 am. I'm sure based on time-stamped receipts, this checks out, although the departure time would be up in the air. So we have 30-ish minutes to get to the store, so at the latest, let's say 11:45 arrival. 20 minutes or so at the store. So we're hovering around noon. Another 30 minutes back to camp and we're at 12:30-ish. JM called 911 around 2:30 pm. DeOrr had been missing an hour. So 1:30 pm. So we've got an hour of time unaccounted for. But the way the story was told, it sounded like JM and VK pretty much dumped DeOrr off on GGP as soon as they got back from the store. And they were exploring for 50 yds, I mean 10 minutes. I think that was the biggest screw up in that first interview. I think VK was going to say 50 minutes, which would line up almost perfectly with the timeline of events. They should have stuck with it. Why did it matter how long they left DeOrr with a "responsible adult"? Why was she so quick to correct VK for that one statement when she let him run the show the rest of the interview? Why was that time important to her?

I'm not sure IR and GGP rode home together. Seems I remember reading GGP went home soon after as he was overly tired. No link, just something I remember. Then, how would IR get home? From IR last interview with Klein, didn't IR say he hasn't seen GGP since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500