ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have 4 adults with this child. 2 of them with child at any given moment. 10 min window for a 2 year old to completely vanish from a wilderness with very rough terrain. Nothing found. No clothes, no boots. No blood or traces of clothing. Its almost impossible to imagine how this could have happened. jmo

from the interview with the parents (link on first page of thread) it sounded to me like they thought that someone could enter and leave the area undetected from view and sound because of being enclosed and the noise of the creek.

I don't imagine anybody was keeping very exact track of the times. There might be precise times in the SAR logs or dispatcher's records, but if I were the parents or friends, the last thing I'd think about is checking my watch, except to check, "Aren't they here yet?" And if I were frantically searching the stream, I might not even think that.

3:45 is pretty specific. If that had been me in an awful situation like that, I would have probably said "I don't know, around 3 or 4."But then, I know some people can handle bad situations with a clear head. JMO

3:45 is pretty specific. If that had been me in an awful situation like that, I would have probably said "I don't know, around 3 or 4."But then, I know some people can handle bad situations with a clear head. JMO

I was surprised in the interview how the specific times were mentioned but then realized that at least for phone calls a person can look at their phone to know exactly when the 911 call was placed.

I agree about most other times that I would have to be general because I would not be able to keep track in a tense situation.

This case is extremely upsetting and I, for one, perfectly understand everyones frustration with the case.

The life of a little boy is on the line. :(

I was surprised in the interview how the specific times were mentioned but then realized that at least for phone calls a person can look at their phone to know exactly when the 911 call was placed.

I agree about most other times that I would have to be general because I would not be able to keep track in a tense situation.

This case is extremely upsetting and I, for one, perfectly understand everyones frustration with the case.

That is so true about how hard it would be to keep track of time in a tense situation. When looking at the discrepancies about how long they were searing for him before they called 911, Mom said an hour. I could see how, to a mom, 15 minutes of panicked looking for your lost son would feel like an hour. That's an easy one to give a pass on.

On the local news page someone (a random person) said the LE knows who dumped the cremains. I haven't seen this on MSM yet though.

I agree.

In this particular case, I really think the Sheriff has hurt himself and caused a lot of the questions and rumors by putting out contradicting and incomplete information.

Like talking only about 1/2 of the people that were present. It may have been better to just say nothing than to do that.

It is probably because he is not experienced in such an important and time sensitive case such as this, but he would have to know that people and the news sites are wanting to know every bread crumb they can find to help find the boy.

This below is an example of the inconsistent statements we have seen which I feel contribute to the problems this case is facing in the media.

First he says the drone is being brought in to help search and then he says they are not looking for anything in particular. That is sheer contradiction. Its no wonder media and people have questions.

"A remote-operated drone will be used Wednesday to help with the search in the area where the two-year-old disappeared. Bowerman said the Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office will fly their drone in an effort to cover areas that are difficult to access on foot.

“They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said. “They are not looking for anything in particular, just a photo of the area in general.”"

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/

Not to mention when he "suspended" the search when it was actually never suspended, and from a couple things I've read it sounds like the official "end" a couple days ago wasn't really the end and there are still LE searching. I can't remember where I saw it now but some agency was sending 4 officers to assist. I will look for a link but I know I saw it in a MSM article.

I agree, it doesn't help the police do their job at all. They don't have to bother trying to shut it (the gossip) down, but they could help.
Speaking of gossip, I went on the Topix web forum for Idaho Falls. In other cities, this is THE place to read the town gossip and really see what's on people's minds...

Well, not so for Idaho Falls- DeOrr's case only had one small mention. The majority of the other forum posts were people swapping lurid incest stories. Urk.

I just find it odd that, since this case is probably the biggest thing to hit Idaho Falls in a long time, more people aren't talking about it?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Oh, that's a good point about checking the timestamps on the phone calls. I hadn't thought of that.

Mainly marking my spot.... :(
Still nothing ?
Where are you, little guy ?

I feel like my mind is just running in ever-tightening circles with this case.
Same question I've had is still (afaik) unanswered : Who were the last people to have seen him either before or on the way to the campsite ? Was DeOrr even at the campsite to begin with ?
And since the local sheriff has cleared the parents and g-grandpa & friend; I'm assuming that LE knows for certain DeOrr was at the campground at the time in question, and that LE does not suspect any of the four adults of not telling the truth.

So , either an animal seized him or he fell into a mine shaft. :(

LE has positively said this was not an abduction, as well.

Just do not want this to turn into another Lisa Irwin case.

:moo:

Oh my goodness, I am gone for the day and we have moved to burning bodies?!
You can all put your mind to rest. Not only does it take a hotter fire, but it must stay at that temp for the duration. And burning human smells really really bad. It really takes some knowledge to cremate. Sure, you can Char, but that is still gonna leave you with more than ash and chards. And yes, dogs would have picked up on something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is little Deorr truly a junior? I have read elsewhere (on a blog about the case) that his dad's middle name is Deorr and that is what he goes by, and his name is not Deorr Jay Kunz, Sr. Not sure I can post the name that was posted that is supposedly his real full name. If this is considered a "rumor" and not allowed to be posted I am sorry.

Oh dear, my eyes are tearing up once again. I look at DeOrr's little face and think of him as one of my own. He has no way of knowing how many of us here on WS and beyond are holding onto the hope that he is found so that he can come home.

Oh my goodness, I am gone for the day and we have moved to burning bodies?!
You can all put your mind to rest. Not only does it take a hotter fire, but it must stay at that temp for the duration. And burning human smells really really bad. It really takes some knowledge to cremate. Sure, you can Char, but that is still gonna leave you with more than ash and chards. And yes, dogs would have picked up on something.

Oh good, I thought I saw your hat on this thread!

I am also thinking he meant 4 am. Generally speaking LE will arrive first, figure out what is going on, then call and tell SAR what the deal is. Even if they were called out at the same time, they are not sitting on an office waiting, it generally takes time to get them called out and there.

Is little Deorr truly a junior? I have read elsewhere (on a blog about the case) that his dad's middle name is Deorr and that is what he goes by, and his name is not Deorr Jay Kunz, Sr. Not sure I can post the name that was posted that is supposedly his real full name. If this is considered a "rumor" and not allowed to be posted I am sorry.

AFAIK the parents are off limits to sleuthing.

AFAIK the parents are off limits to sleuthing.

I understand that, but I thought having the correct names of the main players is reasonable and important. The title of these threads may not even be accurate if the child is not a junior. I am not 100% sure of the dad's name, so I won't post it.

I understand that, but I thought having the correct names of the main players is reasonable and important. The title of these threads may not even be accurate if the child is not a junior. I am not 100% sure of the dad's name, so I won't post it.

You can always hit the alert button on your post and ask a moderator if it's ok.

"We've got a pack of wolves in there -- about 15 of them," Bowerman said. "We actually chased one out the day before yesterday."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...den-yield-no-clues-in-hunt-for-idaho-toddler/

There's an interesting comment under this article. To paraphrase, they way that with 15 wolves right in the area, there would be a high nutritional requirement to keep all of them fed. Now I've read that wolves don't often attack humans, but if the wolves are getting the big share of the local food source, it could be that cougars, etc, would be hungrier. More competition for a food source.

"We've got a pack of wolves in there -- about 15 of them," Bowerman said. "We actually chased one out the day before yesterday."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...den-yield-no-clues-in-hunt-for-idaho-toddler/

There's an interesting comment under this article. To paraphrase, they way that with 15 wolves right in the area, there would be a high nutritional requirement to keep all of them fed. Now I've read that wolves don't often attack humans, but if the wolves are getting the big share of the local food source, it could be that cougars, etc, would be hungrier. More competition for a food source.

Wolves may not attack humans often, but I just betcha a small child, all alone would make a tempting target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquín Tórrez