ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a small town, there are certain people who earn their nickname like "Grandpa", "Nanny", or "Pops". People find it an endearing terminology and everyone just goes along with it. I don't think it is strange at all for the friend, the Sheriff, or anyone else to call the fella by his "name". It is how they know him and know of him.

There is a lot of speculation on the relationship between the GGF and friend. Another small town thing, imo. It was nothing odd to see fishing buddies who were years apart because they held the same interest and one was just handy to do the digging for worms. ;) And maybe...just maybe...IR doesn't have a grandpa and this is a surrogate of sorts for him. That happens, too.

But doesn't ggp live 2 1/2 hours away from the Sheriff's territory? I feel like he calls him "the grandfather" instead of releasing his name. Is it possible the sheriff is saying the three are POIs because they were there, but not suspects at this time because he's hoping a member of the public will come forward with incriminating information? If someone has been deemed "solid" by the sheriff, someone might be more likely to discount some little anecdote or detail as unimportant. If they're POIs, anyone whose heard one of them yell at their kid on the playground might come forward. Just trying to understand the reason for the gradual change in description over the last few weeks.

Deorr said in the interview that they were with SAR until about "quarter to four". I can't imagine that would be 3:45pm, as Deorr was reported missing just over an hour before that, at 2:28pm. It probably takes SAR at least a short bit to get organized, and then they have to get all the way out there. I think maybe he meant 3:45am the next morning. Unless SAR arrived and checked in with them for just a few minutes, which I guess is possible. I can't imagine, however, LE allowing them to leave the scene just a few hours after their son went missing. They had to still be questioning them, no?

That's what I think too. It's unlikely they would have let him leave, probably especially if he asked to. Also unlikely he would have been able to sneak away while they were all there.

Who cannot be issued an Idaho driver's license?

An Idaho driver's license cannot be issued to anyone who:
Is not a resident of the state of Idaho
Is not lawfully present in the United States
Is under the age of 15
Is under the age of 17 and has not completed the requirements of Idaho's graduated driver's license program
Is under the age of 18 and is not enrolled in school or has not completed school as required in Section 49-303A, Idaho Code
Has a suspended, revoked, or canceled status in Idaho or any other jurisdiction
Has been adjudged as an habitual drunkard or addicted to the use of narcotics
Has been adjudged as suffering from mental incompetence that would affect a person's ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and who at the time of application has not been restored to competency
May be afflicted with any physical or mental condition which brings about momentary or prolonged lapses of consciousness or control
Is required to take an examination and has not passed the examination.

From http://www.itd.idaho.gov/dmv/DriverServices/driver_license_facts.htm#Written

Your comment made me realize that we've only speculated about what they bought at the store but we don't have any confirmation, right? The clerk said that the boy sighted at 6 pm got candy but have DeOrr's parents said anything to indicate that they bought candy at their earlier stop at the store?

I haven't read anything that said what they bought. The reporter doing the interview should have asked them that, in addition to asking them if little Deorr was dirty and crying. The reporter sucked!

He has a ton of cases sealed by court rule or judicial order. He has been charged with many crimes, but the vast majority of the charges were dropped by the prosecution or reduced to a lower charge.

sbm

I noticed this about other people I looked up too. Seems like a lot of charges get dropped. I can't even remember who I was looking up when I kept noticing that.

Maybe that's what was meant by police reports not matching up with his record.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dad is talking and talking a lot. He talks fast! He is not thinking about what he is saying.
IMO he is telling things as he remembers it. Id think if he were lying he would pause to think about what he has to say. Just a thought.

I have not watched the video of the friend yet.

Your comment made me realize that we've only speculated about what they bought at the store but we don't have any confirmation, right? The clerk said that the boy sighted at 6 pm got candy but have DeOrr's parents said anything to indicate that they bought candy at their earlier stop at the store?

They must have bought candy/candy bar for him because the parents themselves seemed to think that the clerk had indeed seen DK and baby Deorr at the store. If they didn't buy him candy, then they surely would dismiss the clerk's "sighting" all together rather than just stating that it was them but that her time was incorrect.

Seriously Searching: I believe your two statements are in contradiction to each other. How can you believe "the clerk because she was quite specific about the other details surrounding the sighting", yet when I asked you questions as to how you saw this going together you had no idea.

Your response to me was the second quote, where you are asking me questions that were included in the "other details surrounding the sighting" of the first quote.

To believe the clerk, one must have a timeline in their mind as to how little Deorr was at the store at 6:00.

I don't know if that is true for his to be the most accurate. I guess it depends on if one believes everything he says. I believe the clerk in this case because she was quite specific about the other details surrounding the sighting.

I have no idea. Did the clerk say she saw DK specifically or just recognized DeOrr and mentioned a black truck?

Dad is talking and talking a lot. He talks fast! He is not thinking about what he is saying.
IMO he is telling things as he remembers it. Id think if he were lying he would pause to think about what he has to say. Just a thought.

I have not watched the video of the friend yet.

It reminded me of a kid who knows he's in trouble and is going to keep talking as long as possible to avoid the punishment. (Mother of 3 boys here.) And also to take up as much of the interview time as possible, so there is less time for questions that might be uncomfortable. He definitely controls the situation and all the people in it during the interview.

They must have bought candy/candy bar for him because the parents themselves seemed to think that the clerk had indeed seen DK and baby Deorr at the store. If they didn't buy him candy, then they surely would dismiss the clerk's "sighting" all together rather than just stating that it was them but that her time was incorrect.

What else did they buy that required a trip to the store right after arriving at the campsite?

The thing is to me. They clearly state ggp isn't a suspect but they do not say that about mom and dad. If ggp has demtia he could get angry or switch moods very very quickly. I'm a nurse so I've seen allot of patients that flip on a split dime. Is it possible ggp did something and everyone is trying to cover up?

Why would they take him camping?

Do we know for sure that the parents just met him that day? I don't remember reading that anywhere, but it's hard to keep track of everything. I do remember reading a comment awhile ago (not on this board) that JM's mom didn't like IR and was mad in the past at JM for having her child around him. This could all be untrue but I just wondered if something was released that indicated that they had just met the day of this camping trip? I'm thinking they knew him before the trip, but who knows...

This is a link to a transcript of a Nancy Grace interview. It is mentioned that the parents didn't know IR.
http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/16/ng.01.html

I haven't read anything that said what they bought. The reporter doing the interview should have asked them that, in addition to asking them if little Deorr was dirty and crying. The reporter sucked!

He's walking a tight rope because he's the only reporter with inside access. Could pay off for him in a big way later. JMO

Sometimes sealed cases are those involving minors, but not necessarily for bad reasons. For example, I have no criminal record, and one traffic violation in Idaho. If you looked at my files on the repository, you don't see the traffic violation, because it happened prior to the registry entries began. You would see a couple of sealed files. Nefarious flourish? No, just the aftermath of a bunch of awful involving my minor child and the person who hurt him grievously. But it could APPEAR that I have more of a record than the one improper turn back in the day.

Idk what the situation is here, I was just sharing my experience with the Idaho repository. Wish my current state had one!!

Wow, that's harsh. ;)

I do not think he had too much time to prepare.

LOL, I know...but that interview drives me nuts. There were so many good and important questions he could have asked and he didn't. He didn't even make sure the parents addressed the EMT bag question that people were urging from the sidelines.

That's what I think too. It's unlikely they would have let him leave, probably especially if he asked to. Also unlikely he would have been able to sneak away while they were all there.

Was DK at the campsite when LE/SAR arrived or was he out searching on his own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohio2024