ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an observation..if a family member is going to give pretty detailed answers to questions on SM it seems that it would be more productive to give a real media interview instead.

I wonder if there is some disagreement between family members regarding the way information is being decimated and this was a way of setting some of the record straight by the grandmother.

I just found it a little unusual to use that format for answering some of the more pertinent questions that have been asked here and everywhere else rather than using MSM or even have the actual POIs address the issues themselves though a reporter or other regular media source. Perhaps they have been told to remain silent but if so, it would still strike me as a bit unusual for GM to suddenly start answering questions from random people on FB. Just curious about the motive and how that went over with the rest of the family.

It might just be a case of "you give as good as you get". If the majority of criticism, innuendo, "rumors" and suspicions are occurring on SM, the family may have decided to respond in kind. JMO

This has probably been asked a million times but here is one more. Does anyone know how long it takes to drive from the convenience store to the campsite? TIA

I think this is something I can mention that TC posted on FB. They were told to stay away from the media due to the negativity it creates which takes focus away from the investigation.

I think this is something I can mention that TC posted on FB. They were told to stay away from the media due to the negativity it creates which takes focus away from the investigation.

I guess I don't "get" how the family talking to the media would take the focus away from the investigation. Shouldn't law enforcement just be trained to ignore the negativity and do their jobs regardless?

This has probably been asked a million times but here is one more. Does anyone know how long it takes to drive from the convenience store to the campsite? TIA

Apparently it is only 9-10 miles but takes about 40 minutes due to rough terrain.

It's only like 9 miles, but according to Google maps it takes 30-40 minutes because most of the roads are unpaved.

So then I assume Deorr was seen by the store clerk on Thursday Night at 7pm filthy and bawling?

When dad addressed this rumor.. He said he was there "as a family" at 1:00 and that how can he be at the store when he was busy searching,, can't remember his exact working..

he should have just said that was Thursday night in our way to the campground.. We stopped.. Deorr was cranky .. Etc ect.. I wonder why he didn't handle this rumor appropriately.

I don't get this - why insist it was Friday afternoon?

The grandmom's posts on Facebook are very interesting. I don't understand why she isn't talking to media either.

It seems that there could be a very real possibility they arrived Thurs night around 9:30pm. What are thoughts on this?

If the store sighting was at 6:00 Thursday, there is a lot of time unaccounted for between then and 9:30, if it's only 40 minutes from the store to the campground.

ETA: Did they go to the store twice? Or, are we to discount the 6 pm time all together? Just one store trip and it was Friday afternoon so the clerk is wrong?

I'm taking everything posted on FB by TC with a grain of salt. Even if she was there Thursday night or Friday morning, by admission, she was not there when he disappeared. The most she could confirm was that DeOrr was alive and well when she was present. Anything else is, uh hum, hearsay.

Let's be careful talking about the comments on that FB page. Don't want to get this thread closed down.

There is so much more misinformation getting tossed out on here it is just adding to the confusion. The whole thing about the trip to the store. The parents said they went to the store and were back at the campground by 1:00 on Friday. The store clerk reported a that there was a man and a small blonde boy in the store Friday evening around 6:00. Those are the only "facts" we have been given.

I cannot, under state bar ethical rules, give any of you any advice. I can only tell you what I would advise a hypothetical client. I would never advise anyone who may be guilty of a crime to avoid hiring an attorney. But if the goal is finding a missing a child, and I was clear that there is no way the client is involved, my advice to my hypothetical client would be to do whatever it damn takes to assist LE in finding the child.

You see, the attorney is really good for one thing at the outset of such cases - protecting the rights of a possible defendant. The attorney's advice to anyone categorized as a POI would be do not make a statement and do not take a polygraph.

Such advice could prove catastrophic to any parent whose child is missing.

However, some parents have hired attorneys later on when they've felt LE is not doing its job and to help them navigate the system, access info and put the pressure on.

But listen, I am a family law attorney and only do minor criminal law appearances. Let me ask my law partner what he would say (he does criminal law).

Regardless, the rights of the accused are to remain silent, have an attorney present, not consent to a search, etc. I would NEVER assert any of those rights myself if my child was missing...unless I was guilty of harming my child. Being in jail or arrested would be the very last of my concerns. Desperately finding my baby would be only thought. As it should be.

There is a reason Polly Klaas' dad and Adam Walsh's dad repeatedly stress the importance of complying with LE and the significance when parents lawyer up.
Thank you. I appreciate the detailed clarification.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm taking everything posted on FB by TC with a grain of salt. Even if she was there Thursday night or Friday morning, by admission, she was not there when he disappeared. The most she could confirm was that DeOrr was alive and well when she was present. Anything else is, uh hum, hearsay.

Just jumping off your post, Hoosier... This is not directed at you.

:gaah::banghead: Nobody ever said that Jessica's mother was at the campground until after they reported DeOrr missing. In the long interview, Jessica said that her family came as soon as she called them. Assuming that it takes 1.5 to 2 hours to get there from their homes, family members probably started arriving around 4:30 pm.

Has it been confirmed that great-grandpa was on oxygen? I'm just wondering if it's okay to use oxygen near an open campfire?

Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough to realize you were referring to FB posts. However, now that I reread there was references to her posts so please explain how this works. How does posting about <snipped by jules71 > not equate to posting what she said?

I am not trying to be obtuse here, I just don't get don't get why somethings from FB are apparently ok but apparently a followup question regarding what was posted isn't.

We are allowed to post a link to the news site on FB. We are allowed to say hey check out the comments under blah blah. We are not allowed to discuss the content of those comments. You made an honest mistake because you were replying to something that was off limits.

If anyone posted specifics of what was stated in those comments you should go back and delete.

Has it been confirmed that great-grandpa was on oxygen? I'm just wondering if it's okay to use oxygen near an open campfire?

No, it is not. I've been on oxygen a few times and it is NOT safe, it will burn. I had one doctor tell me it would burn my face off if I smoked. We didn't like each other so I believe he may have wished I would, LOL.

An oxygen tank shouldn't be near open flames. I would imagine he was a reasonable distance from the campfire - no reason to imagine otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member