ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes THIS ^^^^^
I thought it was super odd when the dad said that little "Deorr was ok (paraphrasing) with GGF by the fire" Why say "by the camp fire "or "by the fire?" It wasn't winter and snowing. I found it a little strange, but people say strange things under stress. ....(?)

I find it odd that a person hooked up to oxygen would be sitting at a campfire.

Going only off my own experience (again), kids tend to listen to grandparents when a certain tone is used. I think it's because grandparents are so often indulgent that that sharper tone tells the kids, even toddlers, they mean business.
My grands listen to me most of the time. Would I put them at 2 years old in an area with an open flame on the ground when I know the dangers of an unsteady gate or the curiosity of a toddler and depend on them paying attention to only my instructions? No way!

Did a mod ever answer if we could have a thread in the basement to discuss the fb news comments?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
We will not be opening a thread to discuss FB comments/rumors.

Thank you desert-blue for posting the Reuters link. That article clearly states the family which included father, mother, GGF, and Doerr plus the friend left on Friday, July 10th!

Hopefully that issue can now be put to rest. Thanks so much.

IMO it doesn't put it to rest because who said it?

Thank you desert-blue for posting the Reuters link. That article clearly states the family which included father, mother, GGF, and Doerr plus the friend left on Friday, July 10th!

Hopefully that issue can now be put to rest. Thanks so much.

It has taken me quite a while to catch up from last night and I've gone back and forth on the last two pages...is this the article (referenced here) another poster said didn't even belong in the media page or a different article? :thinking:

My grands listen to me most of the time. Would I put them at 2 years old in an area with an open flame on the ground when I know the dangers of an unsteady gate or the curiosity of a toddler and depend on them paying attention to only my instructions? No way!

Lol same here...I want my grandchildren in a controlled environment. Just me though, I'm less confident with them than I was with my son.

It has taken me quite a while to catch up from last night and I've gone back and forth on the last two pages...is this the article (referenced here) another poster said didn't even belong in the media page or a different article? :thinking:

Yes it is.

BBM - And that problem is most likely bad reporting. Sounds to me that the author is taking creative license with how she interpreted information that was published elsewhere. How does she know what the parents told investigators? Prior to this the only place I have seen that they arrived Friday morning was the East Idaho News Timeline. She probably read that and repeated a factoid that might not be true to begin with.

Based on... ?

Based on only having heard LE call someone a POI when they thought that person had something to do with/had some inside knowledge of a crime, not because they were present when a child was thought to have wandered off (not thought to have been abducted per the Sheriff himself). POI doesn't have a legal meaning, but it is a term LE uses when they are suspicious of someone, but don't have enough evidence to declare him/her a suspect. Once designated a suspect, LE must mirandize the person before interviewing them.

Oops, I quoted the wrong post.

I hate bad reporting. It is so annoying They should be able to verify or confirm a statement like that. That article is so poorly written that I am not going to post it to the timeline and media thread.

The diaper issue has been somewhat clarified by TBC - apparently there was a church group at the campsite feeding volunteers and she placed a trash bag with the dirty diaper in it into the church's garbage on Sunday. Not sure how she would know it was from Friday morning, though, because as far as I am aware she didn't come up until after Deorr was missing (to help search). I assume from this also that the investigators/police did not inquire as to the whereabouts of any dirty diapers during the first few days he was missing (or ever, for that matter).

Plus, you would think there would be more than one diaper present from ~9:30 Thursday night to whatever time Deorr went missing!

There has to be probable cause for there to be a search warrant: "A search conducted pursuant to a valid consent is constitutionally permissible. One of the specifically established exceptions to the requirements of both a warrant and probable cause is a search that is conducted pursuant to consent. In situations where the police lack probable cause to arrest or search, a search authorized by a valid consent may be the only means of obtaining important and reliable evidence." (Schneckloth v. Bustamonte)

http://m.policemag.com/article/2438/consent-searches

So DK's dad could have given consent for a search, since it's his house. Owners of the vehicles would need to agree to those searches to avoid questions later, correct?

It is a process of elimination. If a child goes missing from a house, the search is centered there and then starts expanding out from there. Same thing if a kid goes missing from a campsite.

In any event, how do you know when the searches were conducted?

We don't know that any searches were conducted. We only have a statement where DK says they were searched.

Plus, you would think there would be more than one diaper present from ~9:30 Thursday night to whatever time Deorr went missing!

Not if lil DeOrr was partially trained, lots of little ones wear a diaper at night but are good with the potty during the day

I wonder how these parents are surviving day to day? I cannot imagine how they are functioning...

Well, if I didn't arrive at a campsite until late at night, I'd probably set up only what had to be set up and leave the rest till morning.

As for little man (I don't remember who first mentioned it), it's a diminutive, along the same lines of calling a daughter "baby girl" or "little lady." It doesn't mean anything other than his mom had a pet name, a nickname, for her son. DH calls our boys "buddy," and I've called them "little dude" on a few occasions. It may be more of a cultural/regional thing, but it's definitely not something that strikes me as odd or hinky.

If they were setting up camp when DeOrr disappeared, it wouldn't have been until the next afternoon after they returned from the 1 pm trip to the store.

Huh? Why would they have Thursday's soiled diapers with them when they didn't leave their house until Friday?

Lol same here...I want my grandchildren in a controlled environment. Just me though, I'm less confident with them than I was with my son.
Maybe it is because we have matured and consequences are less abstract than when we were young and raising kids. I just know the one time you depend on a child to mind is the time for him not to do it.

I wonder how these parents are surviving day to day? I cannot imagine how they are functioning...

After someone dies it's common, I think, to wake up sometimes and not remember. I did this and it's an awful feeling to be reminded a loved one is gone after those few seconds of forgetting. I've been thinking about them and wondering how many mornings they woke up having that horrible feeling again, or having those instinctual feelings like "Time to put Deorr to bed" or "Remember to pick up Goldfish at the store."

I can imagine the situations but I can't imagine having to face them every day. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74