ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
No abduction, no reason to suspect the PIO so he must believe baby deceased and up there somewhere? Why isn't he bringing in more cadaver dogs? Surely hasn't the contaminated water has dispersed enough so they could run the dogs? Why wouldn't Nate ask him who is still searching and how it's being organized!

Do you get the feeling Nate is only allowed to ask pre approved questions?. He never gets to those deep questions that we talk about all the time. He is doing a decent job so I have to think he is being allowed certain questions and that's it.

The Sheriff isn't sitting well with me. Shifty as hell, evasive, weird body language, no eye contact, seemed mighty peed off that he was even there giving this interview. If he isn't sure if the store hasn't surveillance at this point in the investigation, he is not any good at his job.
also I noticed that when Nate asked if the parents went anywhere else apart from the store, he shook his head as if to start saying NO, but the other officer said YES they went to get diesel.

And comparing this Sheriff to Tom Hackney, I sure know who I would want investigating my child's disappearance .

Jeez what a shambles.

The Sheriff isn't sitting well with me. Shifty as hell, evasive, weird body language, no eye contact, seemed mighty peed off that he was even there giving this interview. If he isn't sure if the store hasn't surveillance at this point in the investigation, he is not any good at his job.
also I noticed that when Nate asked if the parents went anywhere else apart from the store, he shook his head as if to start saying NO, but the other officer said YES they went to get diesel.

And comparing this Sheriff to Tom Hackney, I sure know who I would want investigating my child's disappearance .

Jeez what a shambles.

Come on FBI. Little Deorr needs you!

Yeah since the sheriff said the creek was over the bank. Wth

If I thought a two-year old went over the bank towards a creek, I think I would get up off my chair and go see! I kind of feel like great-grandpa maybe isn't being portrayed fairly in all this, however. I'm not convinced that he ever thought or knew that he was in charge of Deorr. It doesn't make sense, esp. if he was hooked up to oxygen... MOO.

Jeez what a shambles.

It would be interesting to watch any other interviews Bowerman has done to see if this is how he always is. My gut tells me he's uncomfortable but I think it's just that he doesn't like doing interviews on camera.

Him not knowing if they had surveillance cameras or if they went anywhere else doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Come on FBI. Little Deorr needs you!

Not sure I buy the Sheriff is good with everybody if he is not 100% sure Deorr was at the campfround to begin with. Does that mean nobody at the store saw DeOrr or maybe he is does not trust a witness who saw him?

“All four have voluntarily taken polygraphs and right now they’ve been turned over to the FBI,” Bowerman said. “We’ve given the FBI lots of items to analyze behaviorally and we’ve given them some physical evidence.”

No abduction, no reason to suspect the PIO so he must believe baby deceased and up there somewhere? Why isn't he bringing in more cadaver dogs? Surely hasn't the contaminated water has dispersed enough so they could run the dogs? Why wouldn't Nate ask him who is still searching and how it's being organized!

Do you get the feeling Nate is only allowed to ask pre approved questions?. He never gets to those deep questions that we talk about all the time. He is doing a decent job so I have to think he is being allowed certain questions and that's it.

I'm just tossing this out there for consideration. There is a mortuary in Leadore and they do perform cremations. Perhaps they dispose of unclaimed cremains in that area on a somewhat regular basis. That would render cadaver dogs useless in the surrounding area. There is a LE connection to the mortuary and they may not want to get anyone in trouble. jmho

Did anybody else notice that the East Idaho News has the wrong name for the Great Grandfather. His last name is not Bates. Mr. Bates died his first name was not Bob. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the obit that has the details.

It would be interesting to watch any other interviews Bowerman has done to see if this is how he always is. My gut tells me he's uncomfortable but I think it's just that he doesn't like doing interviews on camera.

Him not knowing if they had surveillance cameras or if they went anywhere else doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

No wonder the family brought in a PI. If that sheriff doesn't like being on camera then maybe not run for sheriff. Just sayin

Not sure I buy the Sheriff is good with everybody if he is not 100% sure Deorr was at the campfround to begin with. Does that mean nobody at the store saw DeOrr or maybe he is does not trust a witness who saw him?

It seems as though there are no eye witnesses? The only evidence he seems to have is a receipt. That does not in any way prove to me that baby Deorr was at the store.

"Early in the investigation, there were conflicting reports about when the family arrived at the Timber Creek Campground in Leadore. Authorities had said the group arrived Friday, July 10, but Bowerman said the group actually arrived late on Thursday, July 9. The next morning, DeOrr’s parents said they took their son to a store about 20 minutes from the campsite."

Camped all my life in various types of campgrounds, all the way from primitive to RV resorts. I can tell you that in some primitive, state or national campgrounds there are some who campers who arrive late in the night find an empty site and officially check in the next morning. This might be the case here.

Okay. I'll bite. If number 4 adult did something to Deorr and hid him in the woods, would that be classified as "not an abduction?"

The sheriff keeps looking down and doesn't sound like he knows anything!! Oh my, I feel like that something is not right with any of the people involved. I wouldn't expect to hear from the FBI, but from the interview it seems as if the FBI was only given the information/evidence already gathered by local law enforcement and no interviews or polygraphs were given by the FBI.
And also, the homes and vehicles were searched several times. That leads me to believe *personal belief only* that new information came to light so they went back to search for something specific.
Either way I think the parents. grandpa and IR should get attorneys..this is to ensure that their rights are not violated and also to make sure that all the evidence collected is done with a warrant and so it doesn't get thrown out if charges are ever brought against anyone.
I don't know what to think after that.. incompetence? they know what happened but are waiting for the FBI? the sheriff gave the interview because there has been so much silence and nothing from the parents for weeks? A freaking conspiracy?

I hope that little boy is ok.

Camped all my life in various types of campgrounds, all the way from primitive to RV resorts. I can tell you that in some primitive, state or national campgrounds there are some who campers who arrive late in the night find an empty site and officially check in the next morning. This might be the case here.

I agree, we have also done it that way on occasion. However, I think the issue is that "Authorities" made the statement. That means that either they did an unacceptable job on the initial investigation or they were provided with the incorrect information from POI's. If the second reason is correct the big question is WHY?! :moo:

Okay. I'll bite. If number 4 adult did something to Deorr and hid him in the woods, would that be classified as "not an abduction?"

Idk but going down that road, how would said person have time to hide the body in the time frame parents gave that they were away to the point no one can find him?

Looking to the right side of the stations FB there is an interesting comment from MP who is apparently a Bigfoot hunter. There is a reply from dad thanking him for his help.

Maybe this is the direction LE is leaning toward too. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

I suspect he knows whether there are surveillance cameras or not, but that for whatever reason he's not sharing that info.

I also feel like there was a lot of "between the lines" stuff in that interview.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Although it seemed clear as mud, some things were made crystal clear to me after watching it. I sure hope this is the final lap before they find little DeOrr.

I would imagine this would mean IF one the parents is involved - this is NOT an abduction - ???
Wouldn't it be an abduction if GGP or Issac was their target? since the parents are "together and not divorced or living separate" and IF they had anything to do with DeOrr missing would be classified NOT an abduction because u can't abduct your own child?? Or maybe u can?

Did anybody else notice that the East Idaho News has the wrong name for the Great Grandfather. His last name is not Bates. Mr. Bates died his first name was not Bob. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the obit that has the details.

That is really really weird. Why have they released his last name as being Bates???? It definitely is not.

ETA: Is this shoddy reporting or is the sheriff intentionally trying to conceal great-grandpas's identity????

ETA #2: L. Bates (who I assume was TBC's stepdad) is deceased. Robert (Bob) W. is TBC's dad that was on the camping trip. There is no such person as Bob Bates, at least as far as this case is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa