GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell *Arrests* #77

Up above is an interview with "but frankly your honor" tonight on local ABC station.

Haha.

I have been rewatching the preliminary hearing and JP kept saying "but honestly, Judge" so there are variations. I forgot how aggressive he can be. Wow, it's going to be a loooong trial.

I would be totally fine with no DP because it saves so much time and money. Also, I think the DP may reinforce CD's sense of martyrdom. Plus another mortal probation may only reinforce LVs sense of justification, self-righteousness and admiration. SMH. Otherwise I have no issue with the DP assuming the convicted is truly guilty as charged.

Haha.

I have been rewatching the preliminary hearing and JP kept saying "but honestly, Judge" so there are variations. I forgot how aggressive he can be. Wow, it's going to be a loooong trial.

I would be totally fine with no DP because it saves so much time and money. Also, I think the DP may reinforce CD's sense of martyrdom. Plus another mortal probation may only reinforce LVs sense of justification, self-righteousness and admiration. SMH. Otherwise I have no issue with the DP assuming the convicted is truly guilty as charged.
Listening to him is like listening to nails on a chalk board imo. I may have to mute him. I'm also OK with no DP - I cannotse that it achieves anything as it takes so long and costs so much money, which would be better spent elsewhere.

I would think the ONLY way CD would accept a plea is IF the plea states the death penalty would be removed. Otherwise, he faces the same penalty as he would without the plea... doesn't he?

However, I could be very wrong about this. (I'm mostly thinking aloud ;))

ETA: But, I guess he "could" accept a plea just to save what little is left of his "face"
Yeah, a plea gives him the opportunity to say whatever he wants after adjudication without being cross examined.

I don't think prosecutors or victims want him to be a successful martyr preaching from prison, rating the other inmates, doing their "histories," while his coterie thinks he was misunderstood and wrongly convicted and "so humble," to just go on helping others in jail without bitterness.

(Insert vomit emoji here.)

That is why I'm thinking the prosecution might have no interest in even talking about any plea deal unless it included a detailed confession that he cant later claim he just gave because it was part of some divine plan for him, so he could accept his fate like saviors have before him.

(Insert several vomit emojis here.)

Chad's latest defense against the death penalty was he wasn't a principal murderer, which is simultaneously laughable and an insult to the intelligence of the prosecution. That would have made me emotionally more invested in prosecution if it were me, although I know I'd have to put that aside and consider the consequences for the State in negotiating a plea deal vs. insisting on going to trial.

Chad has little to offer the State now, as Lori's prosecution is complete and a great deal of resources have already been poured into Chad's trial. It is undoubtedly infuriating that the most expensive thing, severing the trials, was done because the defense needed time to retest evidence which they chose not test after all. It would feel to the prosecution that they were mnipulated into making this more expensiv, then "offered" something to take back the expense the defense created. I could envision that reducing will to "save."

The outstanding crimes for which Lori is going to trial did not occur in Idaho. So he can't offer useful testimony at this point for Idaho, such as witness testimony for the trial regarding the murder and attempted murder of Charles and Brandon. Chad can no longer testify against Lori to the prosecutorial benefit of Idaho (although victims don't care about jurisdictions).

MOO

Remind me why we couldn't have streaming for Lori's trial but it's OK for Chad's?
Basically because LVD's attorneys asked for cameras to be banned, while CD wanted cameras.

From the second link:
>“Defense has concerns that the lack of public access to the trial would cause financial hardship to members of the families, limit the parties’ family access, (and) limit the public from adequate access to what is a trial of great interest to the public.” Prior wrote. “The defense seeks an opportunity to assert additional reasons for opening the proceedings to public access.”

Reading between the lines, I suspect (IMO, MOO) that LVD's attorneys knew she wasn't going to win anyone over by her lighthearted, devil-may-care courtroom demeanor. I also suspect (IMO, MOO) that CD thinks he can play the part of a victim (the poor, weak man, overcome by the temptations of LVD's feminine wiles /s) more easily on camera. It's also possible that he wants his kids to be able to watch without subjecting them to being there in person in the courtroom.

Yep. I have popcorn. It will definitely be disappointing if CD takes a plea. It makes me sad to think that probably the entire family has disintegrated because of this. Tammy's family, the adult children of CD and Tammy. CD's family.

If CD doesn't go to trial and does the "Alford" he can at least continue with the charade that he was duped by the evil LVD.

I wonder if there are any plans to charge CD with conspiracy to commit murder in Arizona? It seems like there is enough evidence to support this.
That's optimistic of you...to think he'd continue to say he was duped by Lori.

I think in the absence of legal danger, he'd move away from that "caught up in the storm," narrative and move back to...everything they did was as expected to plan for the second coming, which is still coming- don't let the persistent rescheduling lessen your faith.

He'd probably walk around reporting on Tammy's kind words from beyond about Lori. YUCK!

Read to any children in your life in memory of Tammy.

MOO

That's optimistic of you...to think he'd continue to say he was duped by Lori.

I think in the absence of legal danger, he'd move away from that "caught up in the storm," narrative and move back to...everything they did was as expected to plan for the second coming, which is still coming- don't let the persistent rescheduling lessen your faith.
I disagree. I think the whole reasons for all the delays was so that he could point all the blame at LVD without the risk of her turning on him in her trial. I think he bolstered up her confidence with all the talk of second coming and higher purpose just long enough to get through her trial and sentencing, and now that she's held up her end of the deal by remaining loyal to him, he's going to throw her under the bus.

Who knows? Maybe that was even their plan--she got the death penalty taken off the table, so now that she's "safe," she can be the scapegoat to get him off the hook, too.

Reading between the lines, I suspect (IMO, MOO) that LVD's attorneys knew she wasn't going to win anyone over by her lighthearted, devil-may-care courtroom demeanor. I also suspect (IMO, MOO) that CD thinks he can play the part of a victim (the poor, weak man, overcome by the temptations of LVD's feminine wiles /s) more easily on camera. It's also possible that he wants his kids to be able to watch without subjecting them to being there in person in the courtroom.
Only LVD doesn't need to win over the public, she just needs to win over the jury. I wonder if they were afraid she'd have an outburst.

I just hate that Tammy's parents couldn't see it, and now her mother is dead.

Remind me why we couldn't have streaming for Lori's trial but it's OK for Chad's?
we did though didn't we? I distinctly remember the commentary each day of what she was wearing - or was it just audio? Was it just sentencing that was televised for Lori?

IMO, at his trial Chad's defense won't mention any visionary ability or anything that could establish him as a cult leader. He wants to be seen as nothing more than a Mormon fiction writer who was led astray by Lori's charms but had nothing to do with her children's deaths. Perhaps he will profess his loyalty to Tammy and deny she was murdered.

IMO, at his trial Chad's defense won't mention any visionary ability or anything that could establish him as a cult leader. He wants to be seen as nothing more than a Mormon fiction writer who was led astray by Lori's charms but had nothing to do with her children's deaths. Perhaps he will profess his loyalty to Tammy and deny she was murdered.
I agree.

But I think after the legal consequences are all paid, he'll be back to being a visionary again.

MOO

From Nate Eaton FB…

Jury selection starts Monday. I'll be in the courtroom posting live written updates and we'll be live-streaming the trial every day. Then join me here nightly at 6:30 MT for 'Courtroom Insider' - a recap of witnesses, evidence and events of each day. Hope you'll tune in! (Special edition of 'Courtroom Insider' will be this Thursday night. I'll preview what to expect during the trial).

Yeah, a plea gives him the opportunity to say whatever he wants after adjudication without being cross examined.

I don't think prosecutors or victims want him to be a successful martyr preaching from prison, rating the other inmates, doing their "histories," while his coterie thinks he was misunderstood and wrongly convicted and "so humble," to just go on helping others in jail without bitterness.

(Insert vomit emoji here.)

That is why I'm thinking the prosecution might have no interest in even talking about any plea deal unless it included a detailed confession that he cant later claim he just gave because it was part of some divine plan for him, so he could accept his fate like saviors have before him.

(Insert several vomit emojis here.)

Chad's latest defense against the death penalty was he wasn't a principal murderer, which is simultaneously laughable and an insult to the intelligence of the prosecution. That would have made me emotionally more invested in prosecution if it were me, although I know I'd have to put that aside and consider the consequences for the State in negotiating a plea deal vs. insisting on going to trial.

Chad has little to offer the State now, as Lori's prosecution is complete and a great deal of resources have already been poured into Chad's trial. It is undoubtedly infuriating that the most expensive thing, severing the trials, was done because the defense needed time to retest evidence which they chose not test after all. It would feel to the prosecution that they were mnipulated into making this more expensiv, then "offered" something to take back the expense the defense created. I could envision that reducing will to "save."

The outstanding crimes for which Lori is going to trial did not occur in Idaho. So he can't offer useful testimony at this point for Idaho, such as witness testimony for the trial regarding the murder and attempted murder of Charles and Brandon. Chad can no longer testify against Lori to the prosecutorial benefit of Idaho (although victims don't care about jurisdictions).

MOO
Is solitary for life an option?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500