GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell *Arrests* #77

A little late - but will post anyway.

Friday, March 8th:
*Motions Hearing (Closed Hearing) (@ am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 4/1/24 (thru 5/31). Trial will be held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Lindsey Blake & Rachel Smith & defense attorney John Prior.

Previous charges, Grand jury indictment & Court info from 6/10/20 thru 2/12/24 reference post #435 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-77.686529/page-22

2/14/24 Update: Motion for issuance of a Certificate of Issuance of a foreign subpoena. Affidavit in support of petition-for issuance of a foreign subpoena. Next final pretrial hearing on 2/22/24 @ 9:30am.
2/22/24 Update: Judge Boyce said a questionnaire will be distributed to potential jurors before voir dire. Prior says his list of witnesses has been given to the Court. Judge Boyce will require all witnesses to swear under oath that they have not watched the trial before they testify. Subpoenas have gone or will got out soon to witnesses expected to testify. The subpoenas are sealed & it's likely the witness list will be sealed as it was in Vallow's trial. Prior said he will have 7 expert witnesses. Prosecutor Attorney Lindsey Blake intends to file additional motions-probably next week. Hearings will need to be held on the motions. Judge Boyce will set a date for those hearings once they've been filed. All witnesses & exhibits must be disclosed by 3/10/24. Trial will take about 8 weeks starting on 4/1/24 with jury selection. For more info see posts #438 to 440 – page 22, thread #77.
3/7/24 Update: Order: losing Hearing & Sealing Record. On 3/8/24 the court will call for hearing serveral motions filed 3/4/24. Closed hearing as prosecutors motion to exclude a recording of Summer Shiflet, Lori Vallow's sister. Also a \state motion to exclude Dr. James Davidson as an expert. Motions are sealed. State also wants its prosecutor Rob Wood excluded as a witness.

Here are a couple of new postings on the Idaho courts website that I thought were interesting:
  • 03/07/2024 Petition
    Comment
    for Appointment of Special Assistant AG

• 03/11/2024 Notice of Service
    Comment
    of Response to Notice of Alibi

• 03/12/2024 Order
    Comment
    Appointing Special Assistant Attorney General
Is it standard practice to appoint a special assistant AG so close to trial, especially with such a complex case? Does this notice of alibi mean Chad’s defense is “I didn’t do it because I wasn’t there”?

edited to add news story link: Deputy Attorney General appointed to Daybell prosecution team - East Idaho News

Last edited:
@Cindizzi - was just wondering if there might be an upcoming hearing yet before trial on 4/1? TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

We know for certain he killed Charles Vallow. Beyond that we may never know who he killed or what he knew. There was a lot of killin' goin' on in this family.

Hmmm….do we really know for certain that he killed CV?

Or do we just know that’s what he & LVD said happened? I don’t think we know for certain that LVD didn’t fire at least one of those shots herself.

I can’t help wondering about LVD’s statement to ZP when AC failed to shoot TD that “he can’t do anything right” and AC’s statement to ZP that he hoped he wasn’t going to be or thought he was being their “fall guy”. I’m not convinced AC did all that LVD and even LE said he did regarding any of the murders or attempted murders - though I am totally convinced that he was involved in the planning, participated in the attempts & cover-ups, and helped to dispose of bodies. I am not convinced that he was successful in his assignments or that LVD didn’t take matters into her own hands. And I don’t think we will ever really know exactly what happened in any of these deaths. Though I do think we might have learned the truth eventually from AC if he had not died before these trials.

Hmmm….do we really know for certain that he killed CV?

Or do we just know that’s what he & LVD said happened? I don’t think we know for certain that LVD didn’t fire at least one of those shots herself.

I can’t help wondering about LVD’s statement to ZP when AC failed to shoot TD that “he can’t do anything right” and AC’s statement to ZP that he hoped he wasn’t going to be or thought he was being their “fall guy”. I’m not convinced AC did all that LVD and even LE said he did regarding any of the murders or attempted murders - though I am totally convinced that he was involved in the planning, participated in the attempts & cover-ups, and helped to dispose of bodies. I am not convinced that he was successful in his assignments or that LVD didn’t take matters into her own hands. And I don’t think we will ever really know exactly what happened in any of these deaths. Though I do think we might have learned the truth eventually from AC if he had not died before these trials.
If Lori shot Charles, gunshot residue could have been found on her hands, while finding it on Alex wouldn't be unusual since they admitted he was the shooter. Lori would have risked too much, IMO. OTOH, they didn't take into account the police could recognize the second shot occurred when Charles was lying on the ground.

@Cindizzi - was just wondering if there might be an upcoming hearing yet before trial on 4/1? TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

I accessed the court site and there are no scheduled hearings before the trial. Here is a list of filings from last week. I don't know if you can access these, if not fyi the last 2 orders are about voir dire.

Thank you @twall !! I can access the links - at least I tried the first one & it worked. Now have to get busy typing these up!! :oops:

Can I put your name down as my "go-to person" for this case? :D

Sure, I'm going to try to watch this one. I didn't watch LVD due to it not being streamed on video and my ADD can't handle just listening, I need visual also and too hard to follow not seeing exhibits! Can you access the Idaho Cases of Interest page where all the filings are posted?

Sure, I'm going to try to watch this one. I didn't watch LVD due to it not being streamed on video and my ADD can't handle just listening, I need visual also and too hard to follow not seeing exhibits! Can you access the Idaho Cases of Interest page where all the filings are posted?

I am guessing that is a YES - for my go-to person question! I can not access the court site - but I can access the link you gave me. Thanks! :)

Jumping off of twall's post... not much to see here.

The order excluding witnesses dated 3/14 does not make an exception for allowing victims in the courtroom during testimony so hopefully the State will call KW first again.

The second order dated 3/15 discussed voir dire and excludes both victims and public access from the more in depth portion of questioning.

Not seeing anything juicy, but lots of sealed documents. No surprise there, but I hate the not knowing.

I am tempted to review text messages (kudos to Gigi) or previous testimony to refresh my memory before the trial. Is anyone else reviewing case files?

Attachments

• Screenshots_2024-03-16-07-57-14.png
    Screenshots_2024-03-16-07-57-14.png
    377.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshots_2024-03-16-09-26-29.png
    Screenshots_2024-03-16-09-26-29.png
    288.1 KB · Views: 3
And here I thought you had access to the court site! :) I guess we wait... Thanks for checking! :)
I’m sorry @Niner ! Now that @twall provided the link, I realize that of course I can access it- it’s the same site where I used to look up Kohberger stuff and very easy to navigate! I’ve stopped following that case for now. I’ve got too many distractions irl , but I will be on top of CD’s trial.
Tag me anytime please ;)

So is this right?

1.) Lori Vallow's trial starts with jury selection in Maricopa County Arizona on August 1st 2024.

2.) Chad Daybell's trial starts with jury selection in Ada County Idaho on April 1st 2024.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86
Back